Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,936 members, 7,799,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! (118086 Views)

I Found This On My Family Body Please What Is It? / I'm A Virgin HIV Positive Lady: Please Help! / 14-Year-Old Girl In Owerri Is HIV Positive After She Was Sexually Abused (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 15, 2020
LedRock:
This girl goes around insulting people.
I enlighten people, and don't suffer fools gladly. Thank you very much.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by 21cents: 5:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
lefulefu:
thats why she wasnt mad and angry when op told her he is hiv positive.u think a girl who is faithful to u and u tell her u hiv positive and she found out she was positive as well will take it calmly grin

grin grin.

daughters of eve ruining men since way back.
experiences from others have taught me not to loose guard. if you do mistake loose guard laidis, them go ruin you with their cheating lifestyles.

23 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 15, 2020
21cents:

grin grin.

daughters of eve ruining men since way back.
experiences from others have taught me not to loose guard. if you do mistake loose guard laidis, them go ruin you with their cheating lifestyles.
thats why to be on the safe side jejeli request u both go for test in a good govt hospital cheesy.u know in marriage na skin to skin oo no condom so wetin she carry u dont contact am cheesy.

7 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Remijuice: 6:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
You dash your girl HIV abi na she dash you HIV ??
Oh! You said she both of you didn't care and moved on. Very Anyhow People.

I don't roll with this kind of folks.

Oga I think you should tell us how you contacted this disease. For us to be Away and not fall into such situation with you.
Thanks.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by OutharryHIV: 6:01pm On Apr 15, 2020
Randy100:
You didn't tell us the side effect of all those antiretroviral drugs that you have been popping since five years. My brother HIV is a dead sentence.
Just like every other drugs, arvs has their own side effects and just like other drugs, it affects a few people and doesn't affect others... I have not actually noticed any side effects although I was warned that there might be occasional dizziness or headache.

I have been working in my full capacity ever since, I fall sick and treat malaria like I used to and become strong in 2 days..
HIV is not a death sentence.. non access to arvs drug can lead to death or waiting for pastors to heal you.

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 15, 2020
So touching.

Op, thing is, you might not be promiscuous but do you know about your partner? That is why celibacy is the best safety measure.
Many people don't care to know their partners hiv status before diving into them. They don't even know their partners sexual history. like how many men they've slept with and the kind of men; whether they were promiscuous or not. They just go ahead and start having raw sex.

I know you're taking your drugs and you all are fine and all that but how convenient and comfortable is it, living the rest of your life taking drugs? what about those who may not be able to access the ARV drugs at all times or even have the luxury to live a healthy lifestyle like you?
I'm not trying to create panic of any sort but just saying it will be more appropriate to warn people to desist from any caresless lift style that will expose them to the dreaded than making it look like its OK to let off their guards since its not a death sentence. Though I understand you were actually addressing those who are already living with it but care should be taken in doing that so some people will not get it twisted and use it as a liberty to go on an unprotected fucking spree.

All I'm saying is, there's need to still let people know of the dangers of having unprotected sex and that HIV is dangerous.

May God perfect His healing upon your life and family.

Thank you.

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Cindy95(f): 6:12pm On Apr 15, 2020
21cents:
HIV no dey show for face.

I once chased a girl out of my room cos she demanded a raw sex and I didn't yield to it.

to the op, i conclude your GF gave you HIV since you said you don't fuçk around. continue to stay strong bro.
HE IS NOT HERE TO CAST BLAMES, IT DOESN'T WHO GAVE IT TO WHO... HE IS ONLY HERE TO ENLIGHTEN US... WE SHOULD GRAB THE LESSON, BE THANKFUL AND MOVE ON....

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Mogajunior(m): 6:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
LedRock:
This girl goes around insulting people.
She's Sex Starved. That's how you know them.

22 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 15, 2020
NextD18:
The statement [s] "HIV is not the end of your life " is nothing but scam.

It is the end!

Just like Sickle Cell patients.

They are all living corpse. Let's embrace the truth, enlighten people on the dangers of HIV and stop giving them reasons to have unprotected sexual activities[/s].

Ignorance at its peak
Thanks

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 15, 2020
klenton:

[s]oga, what exactly is the moral of this your story, that once someone texts positive they should just marry their partner and procreate HIV free kids and everything will be okay??

if you don't want to tell a story and let people learn from your experience then dont
leaving out completely how u got the virus, handled the stigma and healed defeats what ever lesson your trying to put out there.

prevention as always is better than cure, from your story is obvious your family is rich and that explains why you have to get married immediately with the financial implications involved in not just the marriage but raising a family, yours might be an exception and that is not a lesson[/s].

What is your problem?
Write your own story if you are not okay with his. And kill us with Bible quotes while at it lipsrsealed

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 15, 2020
OutharryHIV:

I'm really sorry you got it the way you did.. I'm not really good at writing or expressing myself.. took me a great deal of time to put that one together.
I can take it down if you wish.

Why?
Thank you for posting that. Hopefully it would encourage somebody, somewhere, anyhow.
Own your story and your life
How can someone on an anonymous forum make you take down your post?
Don’t make me bring cane for you
Cheers

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 15, 2020
Remijuice:
[s]You dash your girl HIV abi na she dash you HIV ??
Oh! You said she both of you didn't care and moved on. Very Anyhow People.

I don't roll with this kind of folks.

Oga I think you should tell us how you contacted this disease. For us to be Away and not fall into such situation with you.
Thanks[/s]

Judgemental, sanctimonious and nosy
What a cocktail!
I don’t roll with your kind of person angry

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Starz825(m): 6:58pm On Apr 15, 2020
simplepee:
Ehen, they don come, they want to hear the WHOLE story. Oga they are married with kids, leave the rest.
U be feminist grin

3 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Kevsmart88(m): 7:02pm On Apr 15, 2020
I wonder why most of you on this platform go about reading without comprehension. OP put this out to encourage those living with the virus and not to school you on morals. If you lack morals, go back home and be groomed properly over again. Nairaland is getting annoying by the day.

181 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by SweetCunt97(f): 7:02pm On Apr 15, 2020
NextD18:
The statement "HIV is not the end of your life " is nothing but scam.

It is the end!

Just like Sickle Cell patients.

They are all living corpse. Let's embrace the truth, enlighten people on the dangers of HIV and stop giving them reasons to have unprotected sexual activities.
In the end, we all living corpses with varying expiry date.

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by bukatyne2: 7:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ningen:
I think you got it from your girlfriend.
Damn. She must be a very talented actress.

Which ever party gave themselves is inconsequential at this point. undecided

They did the wisest thing to get married.

25 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Emekaossai(m): 7:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
Things happen to people regardless whether they are HIV positive or not. OP I salute you

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by OutharryHIV: 7:06pm On Apr 15, 2020
Eulalia:
So touching.

Op, thing is, you might not be promiscuous but do you know about your partner? That is why celibacy is the best safety measure.
Many people don't care to know their partners hiv status before diving into them. They don't even know their partners sexual history. like how many men they've slept with and the kind of men; whether they were promiscuous or not. They just go ahead and start having raw sex.

I know you're taking your drugs and you all are fine and all that but how convenient and comfortable is it, living the rest of your life taking drugs? what about those who may not be able to access the ARV drugs at all times or even have the luxury to live a healthy lifestyle like you?
I'm not trying to create panic of any sort but just saying it will be more appropriate to warn people to desist from any caresless lift style that will expose them to the dreaded than making it look like its OK to let off their guards since its not a death sentence. Though I understand you were actually addressing those who are already living with it but care should be taken in doing that so some people will not get it twisted and use it as a liberty to go on an unprotected fucking spree.

All I'm saying is, there's need to still let people know of the dangers of having unprotected sex and that HIV is dangerous.

May God perfect His healing upon your life and family.

Thank you.
Hello Miss Eulalia, Thank you very much for your wise comment.. I can't lie,it has not been comforting taking the drugs, I get tired sometimes but I always console myself in the fact that there has been breakthrough in the cure which is going through clinical trials and will be rolled out in 3-4years.. but above all, I still hope in God.

I'm sorry I couldn't make it more detailed and talk about all the pros and cons cuz I know how nairalanders behave to a long post so I tried to make it as short as possible and I wanted to focus more on the bright side because every other post out there tries to cast a dark shadow around the virus which causes more stigmatization for HIV patients.

So I just want newly infected to know there is a glimmer of hope.

101 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 15, 2020
OutharryHIV:

Hello Miss Eulalia, Thank you very much for your wise comment.. I can't lie,it has not been comforting taking the drugs, I get tired sometimes but I always console myself in the fact that there has been breakthrough in the cure which is going through clinical trials and will be rolled out in 3-4years.. but above all, I still hope in God.

I'm sorry I couldn't make it more detailed and talk about all the pros and cons cuz I know how nairalanders behave to a long post so I tried to make it as short as possible and I wanted to focus more on the bright side because every other post out there tries to cast a dark shadow around the virus which causes more stigmatization for HIV patients.

So I just want newly infected to know there is a glimmer of hope.

God bless your sweet soul.
Your message is well taken and noted, dear. Very good intentions you have there.

I can only imagine the stress of having to keep up with taking the drugs.
The Lord is your strength.

May God perfect your healing even before the research team come through with the cure. In Jesus name.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by OutharryHIV: 7:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
merahki:

Why?
Thank you for posting that. Hopefully it would encourage somebody, somewhere, anyhow.
Own your story and your life
How can someone on an anonymous forum make you take down your post?
Don’t make me bring cane for you
Cheers
Lol... the cane part made me laugh so hard.. thank you sir.
Thing is, I don't really like issues or being criticized.. I just want everyone to see the bright side of things.. In all, let peace reign.

35 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by 9jaunite: 7:24pm On Apr 15, 2020
sad
I already hate drugs with my life

to avoid stories i just avoid intimacy for now

7 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Albinoworwor: 7:32pm On Apr 15, 2020
21cents:
HIV no dey show for face.

I once chased a girl out of my room cos she demanded a raw sex and I didn't yield to it.

to the op, i conclude your GF gave you HIV since you said you don't fuçk around. continue to stay strong bro.

What an insane conclusion undecided undecided undecidedHIV is not transmitted through only unprotected sexual intercourse.
That aboki u call to clean ur nails
That public clipper u use
That blood that was not properly screened before transfusion
That razor u told ur neighbor to borrow u
That salon they used public needle to fix ur hair and pedicure set
All these are dicey ways u can get infected

36 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by simplepee(f): 7:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
Starz825:

U be feminist grin
*Rolling eyes*. I'm not o, atleast not the Nigerian version cheesy. I love my man in charge.

13 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 15, 2020
Hmm, these stories are needed once in awhile, to make us aware of this virus. What has helped me all through these years has been my condoms. No matter how i trust you(500%), i can never do skin to skin. Na my own i know , not anyone's.

11 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Ishilove: 7:54pm On Apr 15, 2020
OutharryHIV:

Lol... the cane part made me laugh so hard.. thank you sir.
Thing is, I don't really like issues or being criticized.. I just want everyone to see the bright side of things.. In all, let peace reign.
Heh. Then you cannot survive on Nairaland where their bad mouth even shocks the devil

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 15, 2020
lefulefu:
this is why its always important to have protected sex than to be nacking raw under the guise of trust.so how did ur girl react when she found she had HIV.did she blame u?
anyway having HIV is not the end of life.
almost close to 10yrs now that I slept with any girl without condom.

the day I got STD was the day I swore never to dive in raw until I am married.

maybe na op girlfriend give am HIV. that is why it is not good to trust any girl

9 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
Veryfoolishboy:
The best thing is to stick to a partner and avoid sharing sharp objects.

Heck! A man should be able to afford a 5k clipper, instead of sharing a barbing saloon clipper.
they sterilize the clipper na
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by ibkkk(f): 8:11pm On Apr 15, 2020
Hmmm... It's well.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 15, 2020
Lostz:

almost close to 10yrs now that I slept with any girl without condom.

the day I got STD was the day I swore never to dive in raw until I am married.

maybe na op girlfriend give am HIV. that is why it is not good to trust any girl
hmm risk u take oo cheesy.dont trust anybody when it comes to sex.many ladies have their side guys na even when in a serious relationship.u cant trust a girl cos she is dating u.always wear condom.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 15, 2020
Albinoworwor:

What an insane conclusion undecided undecided undecidedHIV is not transmitted through only unprotected sexual intercourse.
That aboki u call to clean ur nails
That public clipper u use
That blood that was not properly screened before transfusion
That razor u told ur neighbor to borrow u
That salon they used public needle to fix ur hair and pedicure set
All these are dicey ways u can get infected
so ppl still visit aboki to have their nails cut? shocked how much is nail cutter?

4 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
lefulefu:
hmm risk u take oo cheesy.dont trust anybody when it comes to sex.many ladies have their side guys na even when in a serious relationship.u cant trust a girl cos she is dating u.always wear condom.

I have a special place for condom in my wallet.

with watin wives dea do nowadays, e hard to trust any woman

8 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
Lostz:

I have a special place for condom in my wallet.

with watin wives dea do nowadays, e hard to trust any woman
many guys go ahead to marry ladies with rough past with the argument that they can change such ladies..so u cant blame such ladies when they become wives they still keep on sleeping out with diferrent men cheesy

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf / Doctor Sleeps With Married Lady During Abortion While Husband Waits Outside / British Man Who Lost Penis To Blood Infection Has New One Built On His Arm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.