Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Corona Virus :trump's WHO Defunding As Dangerous As It Is-bill Gates - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Corona Virus :trump's WHO Defunding As Dangerous As It Is-bill Gates (341 Views)

Rapid Test Kit For Covid-19 Could Be As Dangerous As The Virus / Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? / E-cigarettes Is As Dangerous As Real Cigarettes, Causes Heart Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corona Virus :trump's WHO Defunding As Dangerous As It Is-bill Gates by Emmynation(m): 7:37pm On Apr 15, 2020
US President Donald Trump has been heavily criticised for halting funding for the World Health Organization (WHO) amid the global coronavirus pandemic.
Philanthropist Bill Gates, a major funder of the WHO, said it was "as dangerous as it sounds".
President Trump said on Tuesday that the body had "failed in its basic duty" in its response to coronavirus.
The head of the WHO said it was reviewing the cuts' impact "to ensure our work continues uninterrupted".
"We regret the decision of the President of the United States to order a halt in the funding to the WHO," Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said at a press conference, adding that the US has been "a long-standing and generous friend... and we hope it will continue to be so".
Earlier on Twitter he said it was the agency's "singular focus" was to stop the outbreak.
UN Secretary General António Guterres said it was "not the time" to cut funds to the WHO, which "is absolutely critical to the world's efforts to win the war against Covid-19".
Follow live coronavirus updates
Is President Trump right to criticise the WHO?
The WHO row, explained
Mr Trump has accused the WHO of making deadly mistakes and overly trusting China.
"I am directing my administration to halt funding while a review is conducted to assess the World Health Organization's role in severely mismanaging and covering up the spread of the coronavirus," Mr Trump told reporters on Tuesday.
A White House statement on Wednesday said the agency had "failed" the US people.
"The American people deserve better from the WHO, and no more funding will be provided until its mismanagement, cover-ups and failures can be investigated," it read.
Source:BBC
Re: Corona Virus :trump's WHO Defunding As Dangerous As It Is-bill Gates by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 15, 2020
Bill gate should go rest!!

1 Like

Re: Corona Virus :trump's WHO Defunding As Dangerous As It Is-bill Gates by Victory662(m): 7:53pm On Apr 15, 2020
I stand with Trump on this. WHO failed us all...
Re: Corona Virus :trump's WHO Defunding As Dangerous As It Is-bill Gates by Beedehmee(m): 8:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
Victory662:
I stand with Trump on this. WHO failed us all...

shocked pweeehhh
Re: Corona Virus :trump's WHO Defunding As Dangerous As It Is-bill Gates by billy69: 8:12pm On Apr 15, 2020
I have read that news but I don't think so that it is the right decision, in fact, it will be very dangerous for the world if at this stage they cut down the fund when they need it most. At the same time, people shouldn't be left their houses and also keep proper house cleaning to avoid any unpleasant experience.

1 Like

Re: Corona Virus :trump's WHO Defunding As Dangerous As It Is-bill Gates by aaking(m): 8:14pm On Apr 15, 2020
WHO makes this pandemic worse. They gave the whole world wrong information about this nonsense pestilence. Trump knew bill gate, WHO, & china are working against the peace of the world.
When china began to drive out African out of their homes I knew they wanted to use some for there vaccines test which makes the American people giving them protection and welfare packages in order not to make the wishes of the China com to pass. Fortunately for china they are conducting the human test and the question is, who are they using? What's the name of person and his/her country ?
Re: Corona Virus :trump's WHO Defunding As Dangerous As It Is-bill Gates by donbachi(m): 8:28pm On Apr 15, 2020
Wetin be bill gates own sef.
Re: Corona Virus :trump's WHO Defunding As Dangerous As It Is-bill Gates by Emmynation(m): 8:49pm On Apr 15, 2020
billy69:
I have read that news but I don't think so that it is the right decision, in fact, it will be very dangerous for the world if at this stage they cut down the fund when they need it most. At the same time, people shouldn't be left their houses and also keep proper house cleaning to avoid any unpleasant experience.

Your right ✔✔✔
The US has the highest funding to Who in the whole globe

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Woman Develops COVID-19 Cure / Covid-19 Update / Brazil President Coughs At Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.