Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

List Of Foods To Eat This Lockdown That Can Last You For Days - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / List Of Foods To Eat This Lockdown That Can Last You For Days (715 Views)

Thread Of Foods You Can Cook On Christmas Day / What Is The Funniest/Most Terrible Combination Of Foods You Have Ever Taken? / Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Foods To Eat This Lockdown That Can Last You For Days by hinere(m): 9:41pm On Apr 15, 2020
Hello everyone. I'm here to proffer help on how you can survive during this period of lockdown. I know most are finding it difficult to feed this time but with the little we have there is a way we can manage it to our advantage.

I'm here to list out foods that we can prepare during this lockdown that can last us for a period of time.

1) BEANS
I know most people are not a fan of beans but this is not the best time to be selective. Beans lasts longer in the body system. When you wake up in the morning, cook and eat beans especially if you have little children. Beans is rich in protein and protein tends to last very long in the stomach because it takes close to 6 hrs to digest.
All you will need during this period is be drinking enough water throughout the day and before you know it, 6pm don nack. Time to sleep don already come. Try this and thank me later.

2) ANY SOUP THAT DRAWS
Now when I say any soup that draws, I mean
Ogbono Soup
Okra soup
Ewedu
and the likes.
Whether you like it or not, draw soups tend to last longer than the average soup. If you cook draw soup like Ogbono it can even last you for like 7 days sef because of the nature of the soup.
Draw soup and the likes is good for times like this.
If you have children and dont want to be cooking everyday and also want to manage money, this is the best soup for your family.

3) GARRI EBA
Now in the market, there are 2 types of garri.
We have:
the garri for drinking
the garri for eba
For this period, when you go to the food market at the selected opening times, kindly tell the igbo boy to show you garri eba. This garri tends to swell up when you make a little portion of it.
It doesn't end there, it also swells up in the stomach aswell.
All you need is just to eat it once a day and you will be over satisfied.
For those of you that love soaking garri, you can also soak this garri and watch how it swells in water. **Infact, between this garri eba and beans, I don't know which swells up in the stomach more. They both do a good job. Try it and see.

4) There is one type of RICE that swells up when cooking. If you put 2 cups on fire, after cooking, when you open pot, it would seem as if you put 4 cups. When I remember the name, I will let you know. The Rice sellers in your local market can help you here.

That would be all for now.

(Kindly add yours to save lives this period)

We all will survive this. We have survived worse and this too shall pass

Thank you.

Admin should help me move to front page

2 Likes

Re: List Of Foods To Eat This Lockdown That Can Last You For Days by Oksman(m): 10:06pm On Apr 15, 2020
Nice Post.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: List Of Foods To Eat This Lockdown That Can Last You For Days by merieam16(f): 10:53pm On Apr 15, 2020
okay. i will buy wen i hear alert

1 Like

Re: List Of Foods To Eat This Lockdown That Can Last You For Days by Nekky5(f): 8:48pm On Apr 16, 2020
Hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: List Of Foods To Eat This Lockdown That Can Last You For Days by Chimasoka: 9:48am On Apr 17, 2020
I just finished preparing this delicious and yummy Ofe Nsala AKA White Soup.

How to Prepare Native Ofe Nsala | White Soup the Native Way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9gDltc1bZU

(1) (Reply)

List Of 12 Weird Food Combinations That Nigerians Actually Love Eating / Why Local Rice (unpolished Rice) Should Be More Expensive Than Foreign Rice / How To Make Kokoro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.