Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,693 members, 7,805,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education (23011 Views)

Lagos Private Schools Reopen On October 26, Public Schools Remain Shut / Daycare Centres, Primary Schools Remain Closed – Sani Aliyu, PTF Coordinator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by Ouchbabe(f): 9:53am On Apr 16, 2020
Before nko which school wan open?
Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by bestman6516: 9:53am On Apr 16, 2020
No school fit open now self
Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by dadebayo1(m): 9:54am On Apr 16, 2020
Better
Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by PureGoldh(m): 9:54am On Apr 16, 2020
Las Las we go dey alright...no qualms
Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by VoiceofReal(m): 9:54am On Apr 16, 2020
Online education should be encouraged using capable teachers from the civil service to give lectures on the next curriculum for subsequent terms and semesters
Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by Melison(m): 9:55am On Apr 16, 2020
darlenese:

chairman
Chairwoman awfar nw
Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by darlenese(f): 9:55am On Apr 16, 2020
jolyment:
Schools are closed yet they claim school feeding programmes continue.

okay

1 Like

Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by israelmao(m): 9:55am On Apr 16, 2020
How many times would you tell us?
Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by B4Blez: 10:00am On Apr 16, 2020
Hmmm nawa oo
Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by Timijo(m): 10:00am On Apr 16, 2020
Wrong people in the helm of affairs. No wonder there are setbacks in the country. People without vision, corruption has taken away the sense of their reasoning.
In a time like this, this minister should propose online education for primary and secondary schools. Ask the Federal Government to earmark a certain amount from the donated fund to take care of such a project or write to the internet service providers asking them to support online classes by giving 1gb or 2gb to students and teachers which will last for a month but he can not find a solution in the midst of problem. What a blind leader!
Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by daniddan1999: 10:00am On Apr 16, 2020
I heard school resume may 4
Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by osazsky(m): 10:02am On Apr 16, 2020
I feel for ASSU and their stupitidy...we are collecting salaries steady .thank God we joined ippis and my brothers wife who is a lecturer has been thanking me for persuading her to join d platform..so as a lecturer she receives her steady salaries .for those criminals who didn't join cuz they work in 3 universities ur case is different..now ur strike is in vein cuz nobody is feeling it..cuz everyone is on strike but on salaries..fg should just make this academic session null and void cuz it's already may and we have not matriculated...pls assu continue ur strike o cuz for now it is irrelevant spits
Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by jolyment: 10:09am On Apr 16, 2020
darlenese:

okay

Yes

1 Like

Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by Beedude(m): 10:09am On Apr 16, 2020
Avalancheman:
That's okay... smiley

The children should be protected.

But we adults should be allowed to return to our places of work.

This lockdown is equivalent to house arrest... angry
My business has been drastically affected also. But allowing student to stay at home and adult going out wont curb the spread atall. The adult can still infect the children at home. What we need is good pallatives from the govt pending when lockdown will be over.
Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by ajimotoke(m): 10:09am On Apr 16, 2020
We are aware of this, stop rebroadcasting and take another step for the way forward to ease this lockdown grin

1 Like

Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by Avalancheman: 10:17am On Apr 16, 2020
Beedude:

My business has been drastically affected also. But allowing student to stay at home and adult going out wont curb the spread atall. The adult can still infect the children at home. What we need is good pallatives from the govt pending when lockdown will be over.

The truth is that there is no social distancing happening anywhere.

In Lagos for instance, people still mingle together in market places.

Any adult that goes out should wash properly after returning home.

Coronavirus is not for Africa. Otherwise, we would all have been dead by now... embarassed
Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by Investnow2017: 10:23am On Apr 16, 2020
DonMustafa:
Finally I made FTC with Glo. Hahahahahahaha. Unbelievable.

Back to the topic: I think the Ministry of education in each state should start teaching pupils and students via dedicated TV channels. They should take it very seriously. It is unfair to leave kids unattended to academically for a long time

Under the circumstance, how many families can afford fuel for their generators ? And this for those that even have generator! Most generators are China products that last for some weeks and pack up.

When we talk of poverty some folks do not quite understand.
Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by PetersKID(m): 10:26am On Apr 16, 2020
The problem of Nigeria is not the leaders,but their advisers and P.A.This period is when all schools are on holiday. instead of wasting money on e-learning which would not work why not use it and fight for the pandemic once and for all.

1 Like

Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by luluman: 10:27am On Apr 16, 2020
Fidelismaria:
Adamu mumu
Mention one member of your family since 1912 that has ever been a Commissioner sef.
Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by Christmasdon(m): 10:31am On Apr 16, 2020
crafteeworld:
Totally in support...

Every secondary human need needs to remain on hold for now.

Except the English Premier League
. That moment when Norwich vs Chelsea is for early kick off 1:30pm . then at 3:00pm u have Man utd vs Crystal p , when is time for man utd match you see Martial flip off a direct spot kick to the stand.
Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by BreconHills(m): 10:36am On Apr 16, 2020
LORDofODDS:
Schools won't resume till further notice, it will take alot of time. The virus is showing no mercy and it not leaving anytime soon. Reopening schools won't be a good decision. Had it been Nigeria was a country, online classes should have been implemented

Online classes are already in operation in any half decent school. My wife owns a primary school and online classes started 2 weeks before shutdown. We are transiting to a brand new platform before school reopens. Grange, Hallifield, Corona and Greensptings have had online learning environments for years.

State schools I dont know.
Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by Fuckertive: 10:39am On Apr 16, 2020
yusfatedeeprof:
Online lectures and soft copy materials is the way forward, let schools create an online app where students can continue learning....
This virus will change a way of life forever. Many online activities will commence. Eateries, Restaurants that are not into Home delivery will have to commence so as for people to order and buy food from home.
Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by Drizzy5001(m): 10:40am On Apr 16, 2020
Ok
Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by crafteeworld: 10:44am On Apr 16, 2020
Christmasdon:
. That moment when Norwich vs Chelsea is for early kick off 1:30pm . then at 3:00pm u have Man utd vs Crystal p , when is time for man utd match you see Martial flip off a direct spot kick to the stand.

Lol... Leicester vs Man City for Late Kickoff

Choiii
Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by blowjohn(m): 10:45am On Apr 16, 2020
DonMustafa:

Back to the topic: I think the Ministry of education in each state should start teaching pupils and students via dedicated TV channels. They should take it very seriously. It is unfair to leave kids unattended to academically for a long time

Which electricity will they use to watch the tv?

Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by psucc(m): 11:02am On Apr 16, 2020
DonMustafa:

Very good suggestion.

But how many household has a television set?

How many have access to power?

How are we sure PHCN will fail us by lighting up the bulbs?

How many household has and can generate power on their own?

Nigeria is a sorry situation
Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by Christmasdon(m): 11:03am On Apr 16, 2020
crafteeworld:

Choiii
. Am telling you, with this covid19 that hault the epl, now we know that epl use juju hold person. EPL NA CRAZE DEY WORRY US THAT TIMES O. NOW OUR EYES HAVE CLEARED. AND YOU CAN IMAGINE THAT HEAT THAT YOU EXPERIENCE INSIDE A VIEWING CENTRE.WATCHING TOTTENHAM VS LIVERPOOL.
Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by Christmasdon(m): 11:03am On Apr 16, 2020
crafteeworld:

Choiii
Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by engrelvis(m): 11:04am On Apr 16, 2020
DonMustafa:

I dnt understand .Is there any financial money attach to it ?
Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 11:14am On Apr 16, 2020
God help us
Re: Schools Remain Closed Nationwide - Ministry Of Education by crafteeworld: 11:20am On Apr 16, 2020
Christmasdon:
. Am telling you, with this covid19 that hault the epl, now we know that epl use juju hold person. EPL NA CRAZE DEY WORRY US THAT TIMES O. NOW OUR EYES HAVE CLEARED. AND YOU CAN IMAGINE THAT HEAT THAT YOU EXPERIENCE INSIDE A VIEWING CENTRE.WATCHING TOTTENHAM VS LIVERPOOL.

Hahahaha.... EPL sha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Moves To Regulate Fees Charged By Tertiary Institutions / Jubilation As Two Unizik Alumni Remodel Office Spaces For Faculty Of Environ. Sc / Anglican Girls Grammar School Students Holds Twerking Competition (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.