Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,822 members, 7,806,310 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

World War III: The Price Of Diverting Attention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World War III: The Price Of Diverting Attention (881 Views)

PDP Accuses Aregbesola Of Diverting N20bn Bailout Fund. / APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds / Fashola Accuses FG Of Diverting SURE-P Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World War III: The Price Of Diverting Attention by denex: 8:07pm On Jun 06, 2007
In January 2000 the Replicans took over power in the U.S.A. under the leadership of George W. Bush as head of state, commander in chief. By July 2000 there was widespread outcry regarding the declining economy.

Suddenly, BOOM! : 9/11. Everybody turns their frustrations from a failed economy to an already much hated Bin Laden.

The war in Afghanistan begins and everybody forgets about the declining economy and concentrate on the killing or capture of Bin Laden in order to bring him to book.

After commencement of the Afghan war on October 7th 2001, a year and 5 months gone by with no sign of bringing Bin Laden to book, Americans start complaining and expressing their disappointment, then remember that the economy is still not getting any better.

Before you blink, war is declared on Iraq that same month. Everyone forgets every other thing. Even the president said he didn't care about Bin Laden anymore, reversing his comment only when he was scolded from every corner.

Anyway, the Iraqi war really worked. For 4 years now, the average American mind has been fully occupied. But recently though, people are beginning to wake up and question the situation of the war in Iraq, the war in Afghanistan and the rise in fuel price.

BLAM! Confrontation with Russia. Based on this whole Missile Defence System that caused a stand-off ever since 2000/2001.

Now what the advisers of the Bush regime have not told them is that this new diversionary gimmick could result in a Nuclear war and ultimately the end of the world.

That's my word!
Re: World War III: The Price Of Diverting Attention by Afam(m): 12:47pm On Jun 07, 2007
I guess many people prefer to play the blame game and when things get out of hand they start complaining.

6 years after 9/11 Bin Laden is still alive yet Iraq is in utter chaos with a lot of innocent lives lost due to the lies of Bush and his handbag Blair.

15 out of the 19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia yet Iraq that had nothing to do with the 9/11 issue must burn because we have a lying president in the White House and unfortunately many brainwashed and clueless Nigerians are defending this man even when his own people do not approve of him.

It seems that the only language the US understands is the type from North Korea and Iran, I guess Iraq would have been stable today if it had successfully developed a nuclear program just like Israel, india and Pakistan (the 3 of them interestingly refused to sign the NPT so they are free to develop nuclear weapons every day without any wahala).
Re: World War III: The Price Of Diverting Attention by denex: 7:14pm On Jun 07, 2007
My brother, me I'm in panic over here O! Russia does not like television exchanges and cold war gimmicks O! Somebody fit just vex press button .
Re: World War III: The Price Of Diverting Attention by initiator(m): 9:14pm On Jun 07, 2007
@ denex the american economy wasn't doing badly before 9/11. Please cross check your facts. We all trust the US to be in posession of nuclear facility than russia and why are they worried over the US' plan to shield itself from nuclear attack?
@ afam iraq has come out of bush's mistake but dealing with it takes more than bush bashing or a pull out. Holding up rogue states such as N. Korea & Iran as heroes is morally pointless.
I think fearing a missile attack now is pretty alarmist.
Re: World War III: The Price Of Diverting Attention by denex: 10:03pm On Jun 07, 2007
We ALL trust Americans with Nuclear bombs? Americans are the only human beings that have used Nuclear bombs on human beings. Nuclear bombs were tested on the people of the Marshall Island (go and search before you start arguing). Nuclear bombs were used on human beings in Nagasaki & Hiroshima. Even Nixon ordered one dropped on Lebanon.

Why do you want to get me started? Would you trust someone that has shot three people dead with a loaded handgun? Abi someone that has a handgun for 50 years without using it.
By the way, check US economic figures from the start of 2001 to August 2001.
Re: World War III: The Price Of Diverting Attention by Afam(m): 9:33am On Jun 08, 2007
initiator:

@ afam iraq has come out of bush's mistake but dealing with it takes more than bush bashing or a pull out. Holding up rogue states such as N. Korea & Iran as heroes is morally pointless.
I think fearing a missile attack now is pretty alarmist.

The statement in bold refers, you call Iraq a mistake? A mistake that has sent countless number of people to their early graves and people continue to die everyday based on the lies of Bush?

If you are ready to dismiss Iraq as a mistake by Bush then you do not have to complain about any hardline leader like the president of Iran, atleast he is saying his mind and may one day claim to have made a mistake if he attacks any country even with nuclear weapon.

Or, are you saying that the type of mistake Bush did (personally it was not a mistake anyway) is ok as long as the lives being lost are arabs?

About 3000 people died on 9/11, how many people have Bush killed since then? US has lost more than 3000 soldiers in Iraq based on the same 'mistake'.

Abeg, make I go chop, mistake ko, mistake ni.
Re: World War III: The Price Of Diverting Attention by JustGood(m): 9:41am On Jun 08, 2007
some people are really bklinded by American official lies. If to say some of una be Iraqi and dem don bomb the whole of your family out of existence, you for get mouth to talk say na mistake.

why una no talk say Bin laden sef na mistake?
Re: World War III: The Price Of Diverting Attention by doncartel: 9:56am On Jun 08, 2007
i just hope our african leaders stay away from all these in case of world war.soon iran and israel will enter the iraq matter while china and russia will follow to begin world war 111.after the nuclear bloodbath,our little continent may be the only one remaining-though we'll be more stuck wit our old dictators lol

(1) (Reply)

Obj For The Luckiest Nigerian Award / BBC News Features Nairaland Member Bloggers (incl. Donzman, Ugo, Chxta, Etc) / Obj School Leaving Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.