Stats: 3,148,554 members, 7,801,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? (2135 Views)

What Software Can I Use To Visualise My Business Profits And Losses / 99read Review - Can You Make Money With 99read In 2022 And Beyond. / Learning SQL Can Be One Of The Greatest Career Decisions You Make Today. (2) (3) (4)

Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:22pm On Apr 16, 2020
There's absolutely no time on nairaland front page posts you won't see posts advertising 5 to 10k websites mostly in the E commerce niche with free SEO services attached to it.

Presently I am learning JavaScript and I know how difficult it is of a language to master. I understand most of the websites will be built with a CMS like WordPress but even at that. How does the developer make profit? It is something I just can't fathom.

The free SEO services included, how does it work? SEO basically falls down to content and link building. Would the developer continue writing content for the website and building back links to get the website to rank and that's excluding editing meta tags, adding alt tags to pictures editing H1 tags and so on and so forth. It also takes a lot of time for your Seo effort to show results six months to a year if you know what you are doing.

How does this work? I would really appreciate it if one of such developers can do the break down for us. They say Indians are cheap but I don't think any indian will build a website for 17 dollars alongside SEO services.
Re: Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? by KevMitnick: 12:36am On Apr 17, 2020
Don't mind those guys. They end up scamming their victims.
Re: Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? by ideabuilder: 1:42am On Apr 17, 2020
Den be scammer designer. Anytime a client said he saw 5k website somewhere, I just said make he go front.

No time
Re: Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? by Anonime1105(m): 9:12am On Apr 17, 2020
The thing tire me I swear down!

Some would be like
"Get any kind of website for 7 thousand naira, including SEO bla bla bla"

Most of them are scammers!!!
Re: Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 10:20am On Apr 18, 2020
I think am the only observing those kind of posts here on nairaland. You will see them on most front-page posts. I just can't understand how someone will claim to design a site for 5k, 7k or 10k and even add SEO services on top.

Haba!!

Well, Like some of the above commenters said, they end up scamming their clients.
Re: Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? by Karleb(m): 11:23am On Apr 18, 2020
Go online, search for WordPress, Drupal and some other download and install bulletin board websites.

Download it, follow the simple steps to install it, edit it a little bit if you can, host it if you have the money.

You'll end up having a website for free except for the hosting part.

That's what these guys do.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-free-bulletin-boards-set-forum/
Re: Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:33am On Apr 18, 2020
Karleb:
Go online, search for WordPress, Drupal and some other download and install bulletin board websites.

Download it, follow the simple steps to install it, edit it a little bit if you can, host it if you have the money.

You'll end up having a website for free except for the hosting part.

That's what these guys do.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-free-bulletin-boards-set-forum/

I have seen some insanely advanced wordpress sites. On upwork, I have seen wordpress jobs with 20000 dollar price tags. But for 5000, SEO services are also included. Anyone familiar with digital marketing knows that SEO is the most difficult aspect of it. It is very strenous and takes so much time.

Re: Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? by Karleb(m): 11:41am On Apr 18, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

I have seen some insanely advanced wordpress sites. On upwork, I have seen wordpress jobs with 20000 dollar price tags. But for 5000, SEO services are also included. Anyone familiar with digital marketing knows that SEO is the most difficult aspect of it. It is very strenous and takes so much time.

SEO you guys are talking about is not really a hard thing for a developer.

WordPress websites and the likes can become expensive when you want more functionality than what came pre-installed.
Re: Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:52am On Apr 18, 2020
Karleb:

SEO you guys are talking about is not really a hard thing for a developer.

WordPress websites and the likes can become expensive when you want more functionality than what came pre-installed.

So with 5000 I can get my site in the first page of Google alongside a website.

Re: Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? by Karleb(m): 12:00pm On Apr 18, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Don't misquote me!

These guys selling websites for 5k are mostly not legit.

But SEO in itself is not hard if you know it.

You can get your site on the very first page of any search engine if you have the content and something that leads to the content.

There is something they call pretty url and slug, these will do just that. It shouldn't be hard for a developer to grasp that.
Re: Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? by CAPSLOCKED: 12:06pm On Apr 18, 2020
THEY MAKE HUGE SUMS OF MONEY. HA! DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THOSE FOLKS.
MANY NIGERIANS LIKE CHEAP THINGS AND CAN EVEN BUY A 3K WEBSITE.

TALK ABOUT THE FINAL DELIVERY, AND YOU'LL SEE THE REAL PROBLEM.

Re: Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:23pm On Apr 18, 2020
Karleb:

Don't misquote me!

You can get your site on the very first page of any search engine if you have the content and something that leads to the content.

There is something they call pretty url and slug, these will do just that. It shouldn't be hard for a developer to grasp that.

This is true. A marketer with no knowledge of web development would always find SEO hard.
Re: Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:23pm On Apr 18, 2020
Karleb:

Don't misquote me!

Re: Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:24pm On Apr 18, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
THEY MAKE HUGE SUMS OF MONEY. HA! DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THOSE FOLKS.
MANY NIGERIANS LIKE CHEAP THINGS AND CAN EVEN BUY A 3K WEBSITE.

TALK ABOUT THE FINAL DELIVERY, AND YOU'LL SEE THE REAL PROBLEM.
How huge? To get close to 1000 dollars, you have to build around 120 websites.
Re: Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? by jelel6: 12:25pm On Apr 18, 2020
I wonder also how someone would build a website for 7-10K and would advertise it as a business or sales pitch.

However, I think we might be exaggerating the role of a developer in relation to how website are ranked.

For sure, Google crawlers can be helped greatly by the way a website is developed and designed no doubt. However, Google ranks still depends on the content of the pages. Unique content is still the most important criteria for Google rankings.
Re: Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? by CAPSLOCKED: 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

How huge? To get close to 1000 dollars, you have to build around 120 websites.

120 QUACK WEBSITES CAN BE DELIVERED IN A WEEK OR LESS.
GIVE THEM THAT SUM OF MONEY, AND THEY'LL WOW YOU.
Re: Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:47pm On Apr 18, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

120 QUACK WEBSITES CAN BE DELIVERED IN A WEEK OR LESS.
GIVE THEM THAT SUM OF MONEY, AND THEY'LL WOW YOU.

wink cheesy
Re: Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? by Karleb(m): 3:01pm On Apr 19, 2020
On a more serious note. Developers actually sell $5 websites on fiverr.

But this so-called website might be just an html page that displays maybe an invitation or an advert or a very important message.

Trust me, how hard can it be to develop such a website? A one paged website?

Some of them charge $5 per page and if you want more functionality, say a page that accepts users input you'll pay more.
Re: Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:10pm On Apr 19, 2020
Karleb:
On a more serious note. Developers actually sell $5 websites on fiverr.

But this so-called website might be just an html page that displays maybe an invitation or an advert or a very important message.

Trust me, how hard can it be to develop such a website? A one paged website?

Some of them charge $5 per page and if you want more functionality, say a page that accepts users input you'll pay more.

Some people dey try sha. Wetin 5 dollars fit do for this naija and it's not as if you can get 100 of such jobs daily.
Re: Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? by Karleb(m): 3:44pm On Apr 19, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Some people dey try sha. Wetin 5 dollars fit do for this naija and it's not as if you can get 100 of such jobs daily.

They do it to have good reviews mostly done by beginners or people new to the platform.
If you check majority of them they also offer other services.

But bros, $5 for writing one paged html code is the simplest thing to do. grin
Re: Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:47pm On Apr 19, 2020
Karleb:

They do it to have good reviews mostly done by beginners or people new to the platform.
If you check majority of them they also offer other services.

But bros, $5 for writing one paged html code is the simplest thing to do. grin
I no go even take am for hello World sef. People should learn to set standards and stick to it. Na so goat take stand for market na him they go take price am.

Re: Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:35am On Mar 24, 2022
How time flies grin grin. It's funny how my thoughts have remained the same from day one.

Re: Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? by DeathToAfonja: 9:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
Even me way no the build website regularly cheapest I charge is 120k for Wordpress websites

Re: Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? by TheOgaBoss: 5:13am On Mar 26, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
There's absolutely no time on nairaland front page posts you won't see posts advertising 5 to 10k websites mostly in the E commerce niche with free SEO services attached to it.

Presently I am learning JavaScript and I know how difficult it is of a language to master. I understand most of the websites will be built with a CMS like WordPress but even at that. How does the developer make profit? It is something I just can't fathom.

The free SEO services included, how does it work? SEO basically falls down to content and link building. Would the developer continue writing content for the website and building back links to get the website to rank and that's excluding editing meta tags, adding alt tags to pictures editing H1 tags and so on and so forth. It also takes a lot of time for your Seo effort to show results six months to a year if you know what you are doing.

How does this work? I would really appreciate it if one of such developers can do the break down for us. They say Indians are cheap but I don't think any indian will build a website for 17 dollars alongside SEO services.
most actually just have premade scripts and a basic knowledge of how to edit those scripts to customize it for a particular customer.
Re: Nairalanders Who Build 10k Websites. How Do You Make Profits? by TheOgaBoss: 5:16am On Mar 26, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

actually anybody that promises u that is a scammer, it takes a while for a new site to break into the first page of a search engine

How To Create A Forum Website With Wordpress / Happy Birthday To Sycon Technology The Programmer! / Guys, I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue Please.