Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean (7085 Views)

Olusa Hits 30 Hours In Quest To Break Guinness World Record For Longest Speech / Longest Word In Dictionary And Other Facts You Might Not Know / John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by moscow0147(m): 10:30am On Apr 17, 2020
Scientists of the Western Australian Museum discovered a new species, which is now the longest organism ever found. The discovery was made aboard the Schmidt Ocean Institute, and identified the new creature while exploring the Abyssal Deep Sea Canyons off Ningaloo. The critter in question is a new type of Apolemia siphonophore, which is a species of gelatinous string that can grow to incredible lengths. The organisms have a unique means of reproduction, which is how they get to be as long as they are.

A siphonophore doesn’t grow a single body like most organisms; it clones itself over and over again, thousands of times via several types of specialized clone cells, which are strung together. The newly-discovered siphonophore measured an estimated 150 feet, making it the longest of its species ever found, and the longest single organism known to exist. Siphonophores are deep-sea creatures that subsist on small crustaceans and fish. Most are opportunistic feeders, which spread out over large areas with stinging tentacles, so passers-by can be captured and slowly digested. The newly identified species spreads itself out into what is described as a “UFO-like feeding posture

Video source: https://mobile.twitter.com/SchmidtOcean/status/1250092282021281795

Cc: lalasticlala mynd44 Seun

1 Like

Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by BlueBanana: 10:35am On Apr 17, 2020
Vb
Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by KingAzubuike(f): 11:40am On Apr 17, 2020
Not as long as the loch Ness monster I saw during y vacation in Europe.
Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by BrightAhiah(m): 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2020
Lemme book space, meanwhile I doubt if it will reach FP since lala didn't see any pissure of snake...

2 Likes

Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by jericco1(m): 12:28pm On Apr 17, 2020
Looks like a map undecided
Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by Cheryph200(m): 12:34pm On Apr 17, 2020
Booked
Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by Starboytwo(m): 12:35pm On Apr 17, 2020
Long pass anaconda?
Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by tobtap: 12:37pm On Apr 17, 2020
shocked shocked
Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 17, 2020
KingAzubuike:
Not as long as the loch Ness monster I saw during y vacation in Europe.

You saw a Nessie? Waaooohhh.... Incredible.... grin

I want to believe you dined with dragons too.

FYI: Loch Ness monster is a facade. A creature only seen in folklores.

Thank you!!!!

10 Likes

Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by Collins300(m): 1:03pm On Apr 17, 2020
Wow..the thing go sweet oo.Maybe with stew grin grin grin
Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 17, 2020
Nigerians will eat you...

12 Likes

Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 17, 2020
Peterjosh:

Baba grin grin

1 Like

Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by Scientists(m): 1:47pm On Apr 17, 2020
moscow0147:
Scientists of the Western Australian Museum discovered a new species, which is now the longest organism ever found. The discovery was made aboard the Schmidt Ocean Institute, and identified the new creature while exploring the Abyssal Deep Sea Canyons off Ningaloo. The critter in question is a new type of Apolemia siphonophore, which is a species of gelatinous string that can grow to incredible lengths. The organisms have a unique means of reproduction, which is how they get to be as long as they are.

A siphonophore doesn’t grow a single body like most organisms; it clones itself over and over again, thousands of times via several types of specialized clone cells, which are strung together. The newly-discovered siphonophore measured an estimated 150 feet, making it the longest of its species ever found, and the longest single organism known to exist. Siphonophores are deep-sea creatures that subsist on small crustaceans and fish. Most are opportunistic feeders, which spread out over large areas with stinging tentacles, so passers-by can be captured and slowly digested. The newly identified species spreads itself out into what is described as a “UFO-like feeding posture

Video source: https://mobile.twitter.com/SchmidtOcean/status/1250092282021281795

Cc: lalasticlala mynd44 Seun

Una go kill me with mention.

By the way, I think my dick is longer

1 Like

Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by shortgun(m): 2:04pm On Apr 17, 2020
The Sea is the only thing God didn't Create.
Science with it's deceitful advances can never know all its secrets till eternity.
Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by BrainnewsRadio(f): 2:11pm On Apr 17, 2020
What can we do next about this information?
Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by PureGoldh(m): 2:40pm On Apr 17, 2020
The thing long oh
Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by Fidelismaria: 2:53pm On Apr 17, 2020
shocked
Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by moscow0147(m): 3:47pm On Apr 17, 2020
Scientists:

grin grin grin Lol the great scientist
Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by sammyoriade(m): 3:55pm On Apr 17, 2020
Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by dynicks(m): 4:27pm On Apr 17, 2020
Naughtysite:
Nigerians will eat you...
I doubt bro....our mind never reach to that extent....if you had mentioned the Chinese, I would have agreed with ya...
Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by Twifemmy(m): 5:54pm On Apr 17, 2020

Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by sunshineV(f): 7:04pm On Apr 17, 2020
Scientists:

mad man grin

He who think his father farm is big...
Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by clarkmos15(m): 7:04pm On Apr 17, 2020
please help a brother 0068508563,sterling bank
Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by Christiehabits(f): 8:41pm On Apr 17, 2020
GOOGLE reviews made THIS ARTICLE go VIRAL in less than 1hr

Click to see����

https://www.christietitus.com/25-things-you-need-to-know-today/

Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by xmanco42: 9:57pm On Apr 17, 2020
Ok
Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by seosayad2020: 10:04pm On Apr 17, 2020
your welcome
thank you messge
we have design website travel in Asia [url=https://sepanja.com/search/%d8%a7%d8%ac%d8%a7%d8%b1%d9%87-%d9%88%db%8c%d9%84%d8%a7-%d8%af%d8%b1-%d8%b1%d8%a7%d9%85%d8%b3%d8%b1]اجاره ویلا در رامسر[/url]

[url=https://sepanja.com/search/%D8%A7%D8%AC%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%87-%D9%88%DB%8C%D9%84%D8%A7-%D8%AF%D8%B1-%D9%84%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A7%D9%86]ویلا استخردار لواسان[/url]
Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by Makavelli25: 11:19pm On Apr 17, 2020
Scientists:

What is this one saying

Re: World’s Longest Animal Found In The Indian Ocean by Oksman(m): 1:10am On Apr 18, 2020
Peterjosh:

You saw a Nessie? Waaooohhh.... Incredible.... grin

I want to believe you dined with dragons too.

Thank you!!!!

grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

College Of Education,agbor. In Affiliation With Delta State University,abraka. / Waec Gce Result(jan/feb 1st Series) 2018 Is Out - How To Check Waec Gce Result / NOUN 2018 Exam Result Is Out. See How To Check Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.