Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,027 members, 7,807,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government (27728 Views)

Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese Disowns Father Magnus Ebere. / Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos / Coronavirus: Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos Suspends Public Mass For 4 Weeks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by blowjohn(m): 6:40pm On Apr 17, 2020
Shygirl1989:

I guess GTB should take back their isolation centre since nothing should be donated to government.
Open your eyes and "attack" with wisdom. The little palatives the government has been giving to folks where do you think it came from? Mars? Yes,our government has messed up in so many ways but that does not change the fact that the lagos state government is not trying to do what they can. If the catholic churcb gives to only their members,pray tell,who will feed all those who arent christians,too old and the sick. Instead of lashing out like a toodler what we should be calling for is transparency and dlligence in giving out those items to the people who genuinely need it

We dont expect any form of diligence from them. Na today?
Many of these people going to government are doing it for eye service. If u like believe it.
Why should I go to government and enter media when I can donate to a particular set of people that I can reach out to. Keep believing the government at the detriment of the populace
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by blowjohn(m): 6:42pm On Apr 17, 2020
Shygirl1989:

So you're saying that their own personal thing should not be given to government because of what nah?
Im telling you that they have alreadt taken care of their home and still taking care of it and that they iare giving to government to aid those they might not be able to reach you're talking crap.
Remind me again what exactly your point is?
If you read the article properly like you were supposed to you wont be talking nonsense.

The people in government are they not nigerians?
You just make generalized statements because you dont like government,the little palliative they've been giving to folks where do you think it came from Jupiter?
The free medi care that government hospitals are giving during this pandemic where do you think it came from,your pockets?
The isolation centres that is being used to treat covid patients,were did it come from,?
Donations made by churches and individuals is what thr government is using to help the situation. Remove the hatred and bigotry for government and see the good thats been done isntead of always criticising,blindly at that.

Keep getting fooled by all the media eye service.
The donations they are giving to the government, is it the government that are going to use them?
Instead of taking them to where they are needed they are busy asslicking the government.

If u think 50 percent cent of those items or money will reach the people that need them, ur living in a fools paradise
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by calculusx(m): 6:50pm On Apr 17, 2020
blowjohn:

I hope u passed WAEC o.
Yoruba people will say 'ayemi o'

What does this part of the sentence mean:

'The Archbishop later revealed that the support offered to Lagos State.....

Does it mean they didnt give anything to the state government?

If u agree that they did, then am telling u that we are saying they shouldn't have(even though they gave to citizens)

U even had to tell us that all the parishes in lagos donated bla bla bla.

Was that written in the post?
Are we supposed to comment based on what u reveal to us or based on what the article wrote?

Go and read the post again!!

Calm your nerves down. No one is here to argue. I made reference to comments on Page 1 where people are asking why didn't they give them to Poor Parishioners instead of LASG.
Charity begins at home. I can tell you Poor Parishioners received relief package from Society of St. Vincent D'Paul at the start of the lockdown.
In addition to that, some other societies also shared relief packages to Parishioners before Easter. You may not see pictures online but it does occur in the whole Parishes in Lagos State irrespective of your religion. You can't decide who they should give donations to. After all the Poor Parishioners has been taken care of before now. If the lockdown continues, trust me the Archidiocese will share more food stuffs to the poor

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by ottersberger(m): 6:52pm On Apr 17, 2020
What's the problem?. When activities resume again, simply tell them to collect their offerings, etc from the same government they donated to.
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by blowjohn(m): 6:55pm On Apr 17, 2020
calculusx:

Calm your nerves down. No one is here to argue. I made reference to comments on Page 1 where people are asking why didn't they give them to Poor Parishioners instead of LASG.
Charity begins at home. I can tell you Poor Parishioners received relief package from Society of St. Vincent D'Paul at the start of the lockdown.
In addition to that, some other societies also shared relief packages to Parishioners before Easter. You may not see pictures online but it does occur in the whole Parishes in Lagos State irrespective of your religion. You can't decide who they should give donations to. After all the Poor Parishioners has been taken care of before now. If the lockdown continues, trust me the Archidiocese will share more food stuffs to the poor

Relax!
Am only airing my opinion based on the post.
And am saying that they dont need to give the bloody government any donations cos half of it wont reach the masses.
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by dokie: 7:21pm On Apr 17, 2020
Taigreg:
you people should just calm down and read the article well. Over 180 Parishes has been directed to do the same and reach out to their parishioners and the poor in their community. Seems somehow ya'll just intentionally missed that. It has been done in my parish.

The Church has always been doing this without publicity since God knows when at parish level. Catholics ain't the only ones affected by this pandemic or in need of help, let the government make use of what it has been given in the right way.

Was it all poor parishioners that got it? In your own parish have they giving to all the needy there, because in my own,they did not. Some of my parishioners are everywhere asking for help.

There is absolutely no justification for this. The government should have been giving to the church to share and not the other way round.

70% of the government's palliative has been cornered by politicians at the local government offices. This too will go the same way.

It is such a waste. I'm glad I didn't even contribute when the bishop asked Catholics in Lagos to. I would have been sick to the stomach on seeing this.

Let everybody help the poor around them, since this season seems to be a season of eye service. When church resumes, we give to St Vincent de Paul society. Those ones are overwhelmed with requests from the poor that the last thing they would think about is giving to a corrupt government.
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by AngelJennifer: 7:26pm On Apr 17, 2020
Even here in Port Harcourt they have shared food in batches already, though I know not every one will like to take the palliative since my parish is a rich one, but once you go there you will be given.
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by mrkia(m): 7:41pm On Apr 17, 2020
As if the members' TITHES has always gone to the government pocket before... rubbish
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by Xtvafrica: 8:19pm On Apr 17, 2020
Why is the whole world suffering because of one country?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL8lJXBaBlw

More foreign vaccines may be headed to Africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmUZdU_bFK8

Chinese Xenophobic Attack on Africans -
Will China be Able to Stop The Fire They Just Ignited

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2Y0Bn_SdDM
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by Realfrankie(m): 9:05pm On Apr 17, 2020
those priests na yahoo boys
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by davillian(m): 9:34pm On Apr 17, 2020
Rubbish
Give your members you people have more details of those who needs it...
This one would end in one store close to my house that those APC idots come to share among them selves every 3dsys
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by djoe21(m): 11:02pm On Apr 17, 2020
Taigreg:
you people should just calm down and read the article well. Over 180 Parishes has been directed to do the same and reach out to their parishioners and the poor in their community. Seems somehow ya'll just intentionally missed that. It has been done in my parish.

The Church has always been doing this without publicity since God knows when at parish level. Catholics ain't the only ones affected by this pandemic or in need of help, let the government make use of what it has been given in the right way.

Thank you. I have been wondering if I didn't read that correctly. Let me assume those who commented earlier didn't read the article to the end.
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by rickyrex(m): 11:07pm On Apr 17, 2020
You donated money people will complain. You donated food items they still complain. Truth is that nothing wey man go do wey go please him fellow man. Still go Street share am by yourself, some people will still come out to say it's only Catholic people that got the food. My take it that the church has played their part. Let the government joint it with what they have and share it using a safe method. Social distance must be observed oh. Man must complain but God understand more
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by MagnumDealzNG: 3:18am On Apr 18, 2020
a welcome development
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by Nobody: 3:46am On Apr 18, 2020
Hypocrite
Re: Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government by orumba(m): 6:00am On Apr 18, 2020
Rubbish. What about members

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Sport Betting Truly A Sin? / Synagogue Church Of All Nations Caught Selling Fake Miracles In Britain / One Question You Must Ask Yourself Before You Eat The Forbidden Fruit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.