Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,888 members, 7,798,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday (40884 Views)

Agege Central Mosque Sealed Off By LGA Officials For Violating Lockdown Order / Aiyepe Central Mosque:the Largest Mosque In Southern Nigeria / Photos From The Commissioning Of Central Mosque Okpo, Olamaboro In Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday by divinehand2003(m): 2:08pm On Apr 17, 2020
The Kano Central Mosque located next to the Emir’s palace in the ancient city is for the first time ever empty in compliance with the lockdown instruction to curb the spread of COVID-19.

The state government imposed the lockdown effective from 10pm on Thursday following the spread of the Coronavirus in the state.

The mosque on a normal day, especially Friday is a beehive of activities where people not only worship but also engage in some trade activities. But the mosque is today empty as people comply with the lockdown instruction.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/kano-central-mosque-empty-on-friday/

6 Likes

Re: Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday by LibertyRep: 2:10pm On Apr 17, 2020
Even the grand mosque in Saudi is empty.

God heal the world.

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday by NwaNimo1(m): 2:11pm On Apr 17, 2020
good...
Re: Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday by zakim(m): 2:13pm On Apr 17, 2020
Covid is real! stay safe

1 Like

Re: Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday by divinehand2003(m): 2:18pm On Apr 17, 2020
THE other day, several Northern Governors said they can't afford to lockdown their states from coronavirus threat. If Kano can lockdown because of the pandemic, I hope others will learn from this in order to prevent stories that touch.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday by SharryTaek(f): 3:30pm On Apr 17, 2020
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday by GodforTony: 3:31pm On Apr 17, 2020
Aww
Re: Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday by Hades2016(m): 3:31pm On Apr 17, 2020
grin grin
Re: Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday by Coronavirus84: 3:31pm On Apr 17, 2020
That's good for now. Kudos to the state government

2 Likes

Re: Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday by Sultty(m): 3:33pm On Apr 17, 2020
Even when there is bomb scare there well still worship but coro now show there comply shocked Corona na wah for u o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday by Acountar: 3:33pm On Apr 17, 2020
tumbin giwa

2 Likes

Re: Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday by fatymore(f): 3:35pm On Apr 17, 2020
Wonjebi....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday by Mightymanna(m): 3:35pm On Apr 17, 2020
Subahanallahi

I knew something is fishy when people were saying there is no corona virus in Kano, I just ignored them and observed my social distancing and frequently used hand sanitizer, Kano that is third busiest international gateway after Lagos and Abuja and you are telling me that there is no corona virus I won't believed it.

One the day the state government announced border closure, I counted more than 20 luxurious buses coming back from Lagos passing through my area, The Aminu Kano Airport was ever busy that day, and the same along Zaria road hundreds of buses from other states were conveying Kano indigenes back to the state, some were even using their motorcycle from Lagos to Kano wallahi we've seen a lot of them.

It will be a very difficult ride for us here but Allah will see through, I am more concern about daily bread earners which are the majority in Kano, look for example according to State Data there are more than 500k registered Keke drivers within Kano metropolis this is just a fraction of the daily earners, But at the end there are glad tidings

“And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirin (the patient). Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: “Truly, to Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return.” They are those on whom are the Salawat (i.e., who are blessed and will be forgiven) from their Lord, and (they are those who) receive His mercy, and it is they who are the guided ones.” [Quran, Surah al-Baqarah, 2:155-157]

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday by Ykc2(m): 3:36pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mosques every where like Somalia still no hospital

7 Likes

Re: Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday by Biglogo(m): 3:37pm On Apr 17, 2020
For their own good
Re: Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday by handsomeyinka(m): 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2020
Re: Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday by landmark86: 3:42pm On Apr 17, 2020
I think the north are forming strong head before.
Corona wey no care if you are using corolla.

3 Likes

Re: Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday by haryothosyn93(m): 3:43pm On Apr 17, 2020
I think it would be right time we all join hands together to fight this pandemic in our land. We should put aside all negative mentality and religion barriers within ourselves.

We are one b4 the creator!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday by StreetFight: 3:43pm On Apr 17, 2020
Petersamuel8:
This should be a general Covid19 thread but they are still asking me to swear before commenting
Religion of piss

Piss kee you there

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday by OtemAtum: 3:50pm On Apr 17, 2020
Allah is currently in a spiritual cage.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday by foleskay(m): 3:54pm On Apr 17, 2020
Ykc2:
Mosques every where like Somalia still no hospital
Bro send me something pls
Re: Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday by AMvanquish: 4:01pm On Apr 17, 2020
Wow. Don't remember this ever happening.. This pandemic has altered a lot of things..
Re: Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday by nurex01(m): 4:09pm On Apr 17, 2020
Ya Allah! Save us from this calamity

1 Like

Re: Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday by magzey: 4:10pm On Apr 17, 2020
It is well ,Allah will end the Pandemic soon in shaa Allah, it is well embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Kano Central Mosque Empty On Friday by CYBERWEAVER(m): 4:27pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mtcheew, Seun is crazy for the way he treats Islamic post and leave Christian faith thread open.
Maybe they paid him from Iran

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) / Ghanaian Man Who Picked A Turkish Drone Goes To Mekkah Years After / How Kabir Grabbed A Man’s Testicle To Survive Hajj Stampede. Vanguard News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.