Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

My Poultry Farming Experience! - Agriculture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Poultry Farming Experience! (28422 Views)

My Watermelon Farming Experience / This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry / My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by 1b8m: 12:25pm On Sep 22, 2020
Youngext:
Been trying to upload these images for days now,
This is what they look like at 4 weeks!
goodwork pays off. Well done
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 2:28pm On Sep 23, 2020
leo1234:

2kg at 4 weeks shocked
That's huge success
How are you feeding them?
24/7 with aid of solar lightening
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 2:29pm On Sep 23, 2020
Redomi:

Which feed are you using?
I changed from crumbles to pellet for my three weeks old, and they stopped eat like before.
Their weight and size gradually going down
Ultima
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by unity004(m): 4:10pm On Sep 25, 2020
zekepio:

Thanks for your advice.
The death rate has slowed down, only 1 died in the last week. They're now 19 from their initial number of 50.
I'm looking forward to selling them soon to Hausa men.
maybe they sold day old white cockerels for you instead of broilers cause i have never heard someone loosing broiler's chicks like that
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 9:51am On Oct 09, 2020
Okay so our birds are now 7 weeks old and ready for sale!

BREED: AGRITED ROSS 308
MERHOD: PURELY HERBAL (ORGANIC)
FARM: SANROVA FARMS

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by leo1234(m): 4:33pm On Oct 09, 2020
Youngext:

Congratulations.
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 8:45pm On Oct 09, 2020
leo1234:

Congratulations.
Thank you
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by pheonixdld2(m): 6:32am On Oct 10, 2020
Wonderful feat you have achieved. Please can you give the house a break down of the herbs and spice used and the chart.
What herbs were mixed for what disease, dosage and number of days administered
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Willie2015: 4:51pm On Oct 11, 2020
Cation:
Does anyone rear noilers here? Is it okay to have 1- 1.2 kg weight at 3 months? Or maybe the feed I use- anthomar, is not good enough? Your input is needed pls.

u should get 2kg in 3 months
using starter and finisher
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Cation(m): 5:01pm On Oct 11, 2020
Willie2015:

u should get 2kg in 3 months
using starter and finisher
okay thanks, I think the problem may come from not using finisher.
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by unity004(m): 6:26pm On Oct 13, 2020
Youngext:

good evening sir, please help me with herbs to combat a poultry disease outbreak in my small broiler's farm. 10 of them are not eating at all and are always sleepy, their faeces are watering and greenish. I was suspecting Newcastle disease, please help a brother, am currently broke and can't afford to buy medications.
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 10:13pm On Oct 13, 2020
unity004:
good evening sir, please help me with herbs to combat a poultry disease outbreak in my small broiler's farm. 10 of them are not eating at all and are always sleepy, their faeces are watering and greenish. I was suspecting Newcastle disease, please help a brother, am currently broke and can't afford to buy medications.
Hmm, since there is already and outbreak, and you don't know about herbs, your best bet is to treat it synthetically, go to any vet and get the needed drugs,
Act fast before you loose your flock
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by unity004(m): 11:25pm On Oct 13, 2020
Youngext:

Hmm, since there is already and outbreak, and you don't know about herbs, your best bet is to treat it synthetically, go to any vet and get the needed drugs,
Act fast before you loose your flock
thanks for the advice, I will borrow some money from my friends
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Scientist89(m): 10:41pm On Dec 14, 2020
This is one of the best thread so far, you all are doing well. Kudos
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by AgimUnimke(m): 1:54pm On Feb 26, 2021
Youngext:
So after carefully studying various aspect of agriculture and the means of contributing to food security in Nigeria in our little bit, by investing in poultry farming as our pilot/ground breaking project in the world of agropreneurship.
How ever, this aspect of agriculture is out first contact with agriculture as a business and we plan to expand to other agricultural ventures/businesses as time passes.

Therefore the need to report and share with the general public out experience and we walk through the journey every step in the way!

So today stated with us, purchasing materials needed to build the chicken coop with a capacity of 200-300 birds for a start (with hopes of expansion in the coming years), we purchased cement bags, building blocks and had the land (proposed site) cleared and ready for brick laying, engineer to his job.

Following carefully!
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 16, 2021
wow wow.. this is the best nairaland thread ever, very educative and informative for youths looking for geniune businesses.
Please Op, l love agriculture and I want to start up this poultry farm but l am a novice. l managed to grab little poultry terminologies used here through your explanation.
Please, is there a way you can teach the novices among on how to go about rearing a successful poultry farm. Please Can you start up a training platform for us without inconveniencing yourself?
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 10:43pm On Mar 28, 2021
Chukwuzobam89:
wow wow.. this is the best nairaland thread ever, very educative and informative for youths looking for geniune businesses.
Please Op, l love agriculture and I want to start up this poultry farm but l am a novice. l managed to grab little poultry terminologies used here through your explanation.
Please, is there a way you can teach the novices among on how to go about rearing a successful poultry farm. Please Can you start up a training platform for us without inconveniencing yourself?

If you surf nairaland very carefully, you'd learn all you need to learn.
But however, if you wish to reach out, my contact is on my signature
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 29, 2021
Youngext:

If you surf nairaland very carefully, you'd learn all you need to learn.
But however, if you wish to reach out, my contact is on my signature
Thank you
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Charleschukwudi: 9:04pm On Dec 01, 2023
Please what can I do to eliminate poultry odour, is there any thing to apply.
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by obinna58(m): 12:52pm On Dec 02, 2023
Feed is now 15k and chicken is still the same price grin grin
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Tijani009: 9:51am On Apr 18
Youngext:

You can contact Turks of Preemah Agro (+234 802 636 0598) tell him you got his contact from SanRova farms

How do you measure the quantity of food you administer

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ondo Gets 10 Bulldozers To Boost Cassava Production -Gov Akeredolu Shares PHOTOS / Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span / Ebonyi Rice Farmers Helpless As Herdsmen, Cows Destroy Their Farms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.