Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,217 members, 7,807,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Devil And The Deep Blue Sea - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Devil And The Deep Blue Sea (7363 Views)

The Devil And The Angel- Yay Or Nay? / The Devil In The Suit / The Handsome Devil I Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by Nobody: 11:51am On May 26, 2020
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dr Ken the psychiatrist confirmed Tony was insane and had to be admitted in the psychiatric hospital.
Vanessa saw Tony insanity as an opportunity to file in grounds that he had murdered Chief Ikezie unintentionally under the influence of mental derangement.
She pitied Tony now but she knew leaving Tony was the best for her children who now detest their father.
She had sent her children to Dubai,UAE to stay with her brother for the main time until she settle down.
She hugged Rose passionately.Today was her wedding.Though she had softly declined being Rose Chief brides maid just like Rose had done during her own wedding with Tony.
"I am happy for you"Vanessa told her.

Rose husband was Inspector Frank in his early fifties.Frank was married but lost his wife and two kids in a plane crash during their summer holiday to malaysia.After spending six years a reluctant bachelor,he decided to remarry,and this lucky person was Rose who was in her late fourties.

1 Like

Re: Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by skubido(m): 12:09pm On May 26, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 26, 2020
The wedding was a superb one that its event were covered by the media from Biscon T.V.
Several high profile individual graced the occassion.The State police commissioners were in attendance.Even the SSS high profile men honored Inspector Frank by attending his wedding as a commisseration in order to condole him for losing his lovely wife who was a reknown actress.
Rose never knew Frank was a top officer in the police force and SSS until the wedding when sh saw Top individual present.
She decided to use this time to tell the whole world what had transpired between her and Pastor Jerry.

Rose and Frank received a lot of gift both in cash and kind.
Vanessa suprised her with a car gift.Her company rewarded her with a house and double promotion.Tony friends gave him car gifts and monetary award.Infact she was elated when the SSS commanded gave them open ticket to choose the country for their honeymoon for two weeks,she hurriedy choosed Paris.She had always longed to go there.Her parent were happy for her.

2 Likes

Re: Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by AiteeAitee: 6:26pm On May 27, 2020
Where all those litererature nairalanders dey na? I mean, don't be silent readers. Drop a comment, this guy is trying biko.
Re: Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 28, 2020
When she entered the mall,her eyes caught the T.V with the headline"BUSINESS TYCOON KILL HIS SENATOR FRIEND",She got closer to hear what the broadcaster was saying.Other customers who were interested in the headline came around too.
The broadcaster was really castigating the killer"TONY" like she was paid for it.
Vanessa sighed"Who will believe the wife of the killer is standing with them"Vanessa soliloquized and walked away from the crowd to continue with her shopping spree.
She was admiring a bracelet when she overheard a conversation
"That Chief Tony did not kill that senator for a slight reason,Senator Ikezie might be at fault because everyone knows that Tony is a generous philantropist in contrast with that Stingy Senator who only know how to flaunt his wealth"A woman said.The other two men nodded in agreement.
"Tony is suffering from shock because of the divorce his wife put him through.God will punish that heartless woman,she is just a gold digger"a man said in a heated aura.

1 Like

Re: Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 28, 2020
"Those are the type of ladies who dont stick to a man.How could she just part with a whooping sum of properties worth almost three hundred million,its weird but obvious that she is a gold digger"another man buttressed.
Vanessa was angry but she smiled to supress her anger."Did these people know that there is mystery behind every cloud?no they dont.these were the sycophants who were after Tony generosity.
Vanessa knew Tony was worth more than the six hundred million she calculated.After her divorce,Tony status never changed on the forbes list as the sixty fifth richest man in Africa,perhaps he had foreign accounts where he stacked his fortune.
She never divorced Tony for her selfish desire but her children benefit and for Life sake.She needs to avoid losing her temper at these unenlightened morons whose place should be at the morgue,Vanessa bellowed and stormed out of the mall without finishing her shopping.

"Ma,wont you patronize us today"a sales person asked.

"So i wont committ blue murder"she drove off.

1 Like

Re: Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 28, 2020
She was driving past Bloomsfield hotel which was as busy as ever like it never lost its chairman,Senator Ikezie.
The speaker was blaring a little bit louder that she danced to Charley Puth"Dangerously"that came from the speaker.
She picked up her phone,it was an unknown caller.
She hissed,she will not attend to any case for now till she gets Tony out of Jail and prove to those tro-tros who thought she divorced him for his wealth.Like she cared for it.
She picked the call after the caller dialed two times and failed to get her.
"Hello"she said immediately she picked the receiver.

"Is this Tony Ex-wife and Lawyer"?the caller said.

"Yes,how may i help you"She asked almost immediately

"Your presence is needed presently.We met Tony in his own pool of blood this morning in his private detaining room"The caller said immediately and hung up.

"Which Tony are you talking about?Hello!!Hello!!"Vanessa screamed but discovered the caller had hung up.
She turned her car towards mainland bridge and drove towards Ikoyi

1 Like

Re: Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 28, 2020
CHAPTER NINE

She immediately sauntered into the Psychiatric hospital at Yaba.Tony was a patient here but was detained in a private room because he was a convict.
The bodyguard that she beckoned to follow her at the hospital gate helped shielded her against the insane people roaming about the hospital.Some were in chains but some were free.She held her bag tightly as she followed the body guard bumperly.She was scared of these crazy people.

"Vanessa "Vanessa quickly turned immediately she heard her name.It was a mad man wearing a faded coat smiling at her"Be careful of the path ahead of you but be strong,victory is yours"he added and started laughing crazily.
Vanessa froze at the message passed to her by the insane man.She glanced at the body guard who only shrugged and nudged her on until they got to Dr.Ken office.He was smoking his pipe,Vanessa quickly took her seat in front of him.

"Where is my husband"?Vanessa asked alarmedly.

"I think he was murdered yesternight"Dr Ken replied puffing at his pipe.

3 Likes

Re: Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by skubido(m): 9:06pm On May 29, 2020
Hmmmmmm

Thanks for the update
Re: Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by Lakesc: 4:32pm On May 30, 2020
Thanks OP... Tony just wested and ruin his life and his family's, just imagining with all his wealth, he died like a rabbit. I'm just comforted that atlease he gave chief Okezia the punishment he deserves for introducing him to such evil club..
Re: Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by Lakesc: 4:38pm On May 30, 2020
Based on what transpired in the jail when venessa visited tony, she would know what forces she will be dealing with since tony didn't confess before he was murdered... ''Lack of money is the root of all evil''
Re: Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 08, 2020
"I dont understand you Doctor"Vanessa asked dishevelled.
"I came this morning only to discover that,it is not ordinary"Dr Ken replied absentmindedly.
"So you called me here to tell me my client and ex-hubby was murdered in this hospital under your nose"Vanessa screamed and rose up.
"Calm down madam,i have called an detective to figure the riddles,for your husband or sorry ex husband he have been deposited to the morgue"
"With your words now,one could easily pass you as mad man,i think you should be admitted here as a psycho"Vanessa fired hotly.The doctor was calm,he puffed his pipe.
"Madam you need to calm down;the detective will handle it and bring the murderer to book,i promise"
"You must be out of your mind,you took my client to the morgue under few minuutes you called?whar do you take me for?a fool right?just take me to the morgue and for your detective,i dont need his services.You are among the fools who call themselves elite hunh..I will bring you down"Vanessa ranted on.Doctor Ken was silent.
Re: Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by skubido(m): 9:24pm On Jun 08, 2020
Van should take easy ooo

OP thanks for the update, longest time, how u doing
Re: Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 08, 2020
skubido:
Van should take easy ooo
OP thanks for the update, longest time, how u doing
Am fine ohh
Re: Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 08, 2020
After seeing Tony dead body,she called her detective Mr Kola whom she gave a lift to her house for discussion.
She honked her horn at the gate thrice impatiently but got no response.
"The fool must be sleeping"Vanessa seethed and alighted from the car.She moved towards the pedestran gate and swung it open in lost temper.She strolled to the gate house and saw the aged gateman sleeping with his radio well positioned on his ear.She got closer,picked the radio and flung it far and watched it shatter to pieces.She then turned to the sleeping man and gave him two resounding slap on the cheeks.He immediately jumped up in fright.
"Madam you won commot"he said kneeling.
"You are a fool,i was horning and you are here sleeping your miserable life"Vanessa screamed.
"I sori ma,i sori well well"the northerner pleaded and ran towards the gate and turned to face her"make i open the gate"he asked.
"No!carry the gate on your head you dog,will you open the gate for me monkey"Vanessa retorted in annoyance.
Re: Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 09, 2020
The gate was opened and she drove into the garage,she saw a toyot camry car packed there."who is here"she soliloquized and alighted.The detective Mr Kola Kelvin popularly called K-square followed suit in silence as they entered into the vast tastefully furnished sitting room where she met a woman of about thirty nine sitting on one of the sofa with another man of fifty years.She also saw two boys who should be about three years.They were twin.As soon as They all saw Vanessa they got up in courtesy.
"Who are you people and what are you doing in my house"Vanessa asked with her eyes surveying the environs furtively.
"I am Barrister Jake,your ex-husband Lawyer and this lady here is Mrs Petra Ejike,Tony second wife"The Older man introduced.Vanessa nodded in shock.
"So my ex hubby have another wife?since when"Vanessa asked quietly trying to suppress her anger.
"I married him three years ago in Congo,he was on one of his business trip"The woman proudly expained as she flaunted the golden ring in her hand.
Re: Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by AiteeAitee: 12:57pm On Jun 09, 2020
Haaa see twist. Mad o. This op sef, you can twist somebody's brain sha.
Re: Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 09, 2020
AiteeAitee:
Haaa see twist. Mad o. This op sef, you can twist somebody's brain sha.
How?
Re: Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by mhizv(f): 1:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
PRE4:

How?

Can you make the chapters longer please!

I literally don't open till a week,so updates pile up!
It's just too short
Re: Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 09, 2020
mhizv:

I literally don't open till a week,so updates pile up! It's just too short
Ok,buy you love the story?
Re: Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 09, 2020
mhizv:

I literally don't open till a week,so updates pile up! It's just too short
Ok,but you love the story?
Re: Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 09, 2020
"I dont understand what is going on here"Vanessa asked.The strength was leaving her now.She have suffered enough than she deserved from Tony.Tony never mentioned he married another woman-what a betrayal.Was it that she was barren.She gave Tony two sons and a daughter but why?
"Madam,This Tony is your ex"?Detective K-square asked in shock.
"Yes he is"
"What a world!"K square exclaimed"This man do not worth dying for"he added and sat on one of the sofa.
Vanessa quietly went into her room,she picked up matchete.She screeched its blade on the tiles to alert them of the danger looming.As she came to the sitting room,she met an empty room,she quickly ran to the verandah only to see the Toyota Camry speeding out of the compound.
Detective K-square was standing at the gate looking at her,fright was written all over his face.
"No they should have waited so that i will feed on their blood.Thunder will scatter your rotten bones there"She seethed still brandishing the matchete in paranoia.
"Tony,God will punish you"

1 Like

Re: Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by Lakesc: 3:22pm On Jun 09, 2020
Thanks OP.. Welcome back, hope u are good?

1 Like

Re: Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 09, 2020
Lakesc:
Thanks OP.. Welcome back, hope u are good?

God bless you my number one fan

1 Like

Re: Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by mhizv(f): 8:00pm On Jun 09, 2020
PRE4:

Ok,but you love the story?

Yeah.thats just the only problem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Are There Any Creative Writing Schools In Nigeria? / An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina / Love Letters Back In Those Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.