Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,197 members, 7,780,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:44 PM

I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike (1898 Views)

Nigeria Secures $13bn Oil And Gas Investment Commitment From Shell, Exxonmobil / I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke / Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike by Ctorch: 5:55pm On Apr 17, 2020
Rivers state Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, Friday said he is fully prepared for legal battle against ExxonMobil.

Wike, who spoke while addressing a press conference at Government House, Port Harcourt, opined that Rivers state cannot leave corporate bodies who violated the state’s lockdown order to go free, whereas, petty traders like Akara and Groundnut sellers are charged to court for same violation.

Reassuring his people of his unflinching commitment in protecting lives and properties, Wike said he does not take orders from anybody, noting that he would do everything to stem the spread of coronavirus in the state.

Recall that about 22 offshore staff of Exxon Mobil were Thursday night arrested by Rivers State Government for illegally entering the state amidst lockdown order.

Report has it that 21 of the workers are members of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria, PENGASSAN, while the remaining staff is the company’s Chief Security Officer, CSO.

Reacting, Wike said; “Yesterday, it was ExxonMobil that brought 22 people into Rivers State. Although, service commanders, including the Commissioner of Police, are pleading that we should allow them to return to Uyo. I know their predicament because they take orders from Abuja.

“But, this one, I will fight this one. I have told the Attorney-General to prepare; we are going to Court against them. We will fight this fight legally. ExxonMobil cannot bring in 22 people illegally into Rivers State.

“ExxonMobil does not operate in Rivers State. They only make use of the Onne Port. We are not sure of the health status of the people they brought into the state because they can enter Eleme and Onne communities.

“We cannot leave corporate bodies who are not obeying the laws while akara and groundnut sellers are being charged to Court in Lagos. This ExxonMobil matter will expose those in Abuja. I am ready for them. Rivers State is not a pariah state and we will not be.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/im-prepared-for-exxonmobil-wike/
Re: I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike by Bobby4090: 5:57pm On Apr 17, 2020
So a whole Rivers state governor doesn't even know that ExxonMobil has a multi billion dollar Terminal in Bonny called BRT (Bonny River Terminal) where several of their staff work and reside. What does he mean that they ExxonMobil only use Onne wharf.
Can someone who knows our Oil industry well or knows Rivers state well Kindly educate this fanatical young man pls.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 17, 2020
Next time elect brain and not tout...

Exxon mostly operate in Akwa-ibom..

This is how Niger delta republic will look like...

Meanwhile, Wike if you are tired of Nigeria, kindly tell them this one you are fighting everybody this days.....

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike by Renida: 5:57pm On Apr 17, 2020
More fights
Re: I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike by DonBenny77(m): 5:59pm On Apr 17, 2020
Ctorch:
Rivers state Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, Friday said he is fully prepared for legal battle against ExxonMobil.

Wike, who spoke while addressing a press conference at Government House, Port Harcourt, opined that Rivers state cannot leave corporate bodies who violated the state’s lockdown order to go free, whereas, petty traders like Akara and Groundnut sellers are charged to court for same violation.

Reassuring his people of his unflinching commitment in protecting lives and properties, Wike said he does not take orders from anybody, noting that he would do everything to stem the spread of coronavirus in the state.

Recall that about 22 offshore staff of Exxon Mobil were Thursday night arrested by Rivers State Government for illegally entering the state amidst lockdown order.

Report has it that 21 of the workers are members of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria, PENGASSAN, while the remaining staff is the company’s Chief Security Officer, CSO.

Reacting, Wike said; “Yesterday, it was ExxonMobil that brought 22 people into Rivers State. Although, service commanders, including the Commissioner of Police, are pleading that we should allow them to return to Uyo. I know their predicament because they take orders from Abuja.

“But, this one, I will fight this one. I have told the Attorney-General to prepare; we are going to Court against them. We will fight this fight legally. ExxonMobil cannot bring in 22 people illegally into Rivers State.

“ExxonMobil does not operate in Rivers State. They only make use of the Onne Port. We are not sure of the health status of the people they brought into the state because they can enter Eleme and Onne communities.

“We cannot leave corporate bodies who are not obeying the laws while akara and groundnut sellers are being charged to Court in Lagos. This ExxonMobil matter will expose those in Abuja. I am ready for them. Rivers State is not a pariah state and we will not be.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/im-prepared-for-exxonmobil-wike/
grin
Re: I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike by ignis: 6:01pm On Apr 17, 2020
Noise maker

5 Likes

Re: I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike by CoronaVirusPro: 6:04pm On Apr 17, 2020
This Wike is one dull human being.

I am sure he threatened the brilliant wife to marry him wayback when he was a active cultist- Supreme Vikings Confraternity.

Cos its difficult to phantom how a brilliant lady could have ended up with a thug like Wike.

And not that he was brilliant, been dull right from birth. Powers that be even made him graduate. He would still be in having carry-overs in 2020 if all things being equal.

8 Likes

Re: I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike by Amumaigwe: 6:04pm On Apr 17, 2020
Osagyefo98:
Next time elect brain and not tout

So, next time, we should elect brains like Tinubu and Buhari?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 17, 2020
Amumaigwe:

So, next time, we should elect brains like Tinubu and Buhari?

I placed my comment and I am not here to defend Wike or eulogize buhari or Tinubu..

So you are free to defend....ogbasaro m..

1 Like

Re: I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike by Simplyleo: 6:09pm On Apr 17, 2020
I know it, Wike has finally entered his name into the black of those people from that side, see how they have started insulting him. When Wike was yarning opata, they queued behind him because of Buhari. Since his outburst in which he said the truth, they have been all over the places insulting him up and down.

He said:
“We cannot leave corporate bodies who are not obeying the laws while akara and groundnut sellers are being charged to Court in Lagos.
Pls someone to enlighten me, how is he wrong in his capacity as the state Gov responsible to Riverians on health matters?

Corrinthians, abeg come see how Wike that used to be a very "intelligent and fearless" gov telling truth to power has suddenly become a "brainless tout". grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike by phelonrays: 6:11pm On Apr 17, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:
[s]This Wike is one dull human being.

I am sure he threatened the brilliant wife to marry him wayback when he was a active cultist- Supreme Vikings Confraternity.

Cos its difficult to phantom how a brilliant lady could have ended up with a thug like Wike.

[/s]
So how this news take concern him wife

Get sense; yo' said NO .....

You'll moving thread to thread spewing Nonsense
Tueh

2 Likes

Re: I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:11pm On Apr 17, 2020
grin grin grin grin
Re: I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike by CoronaVirusPro: 6:12pm On Apr 17, 2020
phelonrays:
[/s]

You yaff chop ban again grin grin grin

Keep it up with new account!

1 Like

Re: I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike by DWJOBScom(m): 6:16pm On Apr 17, 2020
Well done
No one is above the law
Re: I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike by Olugbanko: 6:27pm On Apr 17, 2020
this man is only playing to the gallery!
when the chips are down, ipob miscreants, a fragment of the lost sheep of the house of Israel wouls elope into thin air as is their stock in trade which was exemplified by the cowardly ojukwu and very recently, kanu...mtcew!

6 Likes

Re: I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike by Findhelp(m): 6:33pm On Apr 17, 2020
What is wrong with Wike pls? As if he has a vendetta to settle with the Federal Government

2 Likes

Re: I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike by Ikinternational: 6:43pm On Apr 17, 2020
Osagyefo98:

I placed my comment and I am not here to defend Wike or eulogize buhari or Tinubu..

So you are free to defend....ogbasaro m..

If all disagreements on nairaland political section went this way this place will be tolerable

1 Like

Re: I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike by 9jatriot(m): 7:17pm On Apr 17, 2020
They go just declare 6 months state of emergency for that state if he non take time.
Ikinternational:

If all disagreements on nairaland political section went this way this place will be tolerable
Re: I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike by Lovelive: 7:18pm On Apr 17, 2020
These zone b bahhh , they more dangerous than covik1 , 9.

They are lifeless and their comments are always ...
Re: I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike by PrivateNsofor: 7:34pm On Apr 17, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:
This Wike is one dull human being.

And not that he was brilliant, been dull right from birth. Powers that be even made him graduate. He would still be in having carry-overs in 2020 if all things being equal.

[/s]
[s]
Simplyleo:
I know it, Wike has finally entered his name into the black of those people from that side, see how they have started insulting him. When Wike was yarning opata, they queued behind him because of Buhari. Since his outburst in which he said the truth, they have been all over the places insulting him up and down.

He said:

Pls someone to enlighten me, how is he wrong in his capacity as the state Gov responsible to Riverians on health matters?

Corrinthians, abeg come see how Wike that used to be a very "intelligent and fearless" gov telling truth to power has suddenly become a "brainless tout". grin grin
[/s]
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

You yaff chop ban again grin grin grin

Keep it up with new account!
[/s]
Re: I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike by tinsel: 8:21pm On Apr 17, 2020
They have changed the police commissioner and i sure the new man is coming in with strict orders. Let us see how Wike will do this battle without security backing

1 Like

Re: I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike by dionma: 8:29pm On Apr 17, 2020
For unexplained reasons, Wiked has been stirring the hornet nest. How does this frequent confrontation with corporate bodies help Rivers State. It is clearly counter productive. Business and captains of industry are taking note of the rambunctious and unconventional actions and they reserve the right to take their business elsewhere. We hope that when that times comes, there will be no complaints.

4 Likes

Re: I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 17, 2020
tinsel:
They have changed the police commissioner and i sure the new man is coming in with strict orders. Let us see how Wike will do this battle without security backing
Wike police is there of course ..all those political thugs looking for something doing will answer his cell phone Wit immediate effect
Re: I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 17, 2020
dionma:
For unexplained reasons, Wiked has been stirring the hornet nest. How does this frequent confrontation with corporate bodies help Rivers State. It is clearly counter productive. Business and captains of industry are taking note of the rambunctious and unconventional actions and they reserve the right to take their business elsewhere. We hope that when that times comes, there will be no complaints.
Well said
Re: I’m Prepared For Exxonmobil – Wike by Buharidgeneral: 12:44am On Apr 18, 2020
How far with cervton case

#10b loading

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

91 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 1273. 239 discharged. 40 deaths / Miyetti Allah List Oyo, Ogun And Lagos As Part Of Fulani Grazing Reserves / The Story Behind Governor Dapo Abiodun's 1986 Criminal Record In Miami, Florida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.