Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Trying To Remember An Old Film - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Trying To Remember An Old Film (609 Views)

SPFX Make-Up. Nollywood Transforms Eve Esin To An Old Woman For Movie Role / Beverly Osu Caught Trying To Force Bimp To Have Se.x With Her / What Is The Direct Path To Follow Trying To Join Nollywood? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Trying To Remember An Old Film by deshad: 11:33pm On Jan 05, 2011
Hello everyone,

So I'm trying to remember the name of an old film I watched a long time ago, I guess for nostalgia's sake. The plot goes like this:

Chief Badmos, an extremely wealthy man has lots of wives and children, but his health is failing and he's getting old. His latest wife is a nurse(rita dominic, I think not sure?) that took care of him in the hospital. However, one of his sons played by (Ernest Obi, I'm pretty sure) is sleeping with the nurse, whom is also sleeping with some house worker called Ricky, I think,(don't know his real name). The Chief has different wives from different tribes and I think one of them is played by Eucharia Anunobi, who tries to kill him by suffocation using a pillow. Anyway, everybody begins to fight for the inheritance by killing each other or accusing a family member of killing the father. Later on the son that is sleeping with the nurse wife, accidentally kills her when he finds out she is sleeping with ricky the house worker, and tries to hide some bloody clothes in the garden bush. At the end of it all, the son goes to jail and everybody else leaves, dies, or is arrested except his hausa wife and daughter. It is then revealed that the Chief was alive all along and was waiting for peace to return. The movie ends with the Chief hugging his wife and daughter. 

I'm not sure of the time I watched it but I have narrowed it to between 1997-2002. I'm also pretty sure I watched it on NTA, as it was the clearest station we could get then. I know that the year gap is pretty huge, given the rate at which Nigerian movies are released, but I'm hoping this information helps. Also the film had at least two parts, I'm definitely sure of that.
Trying to match the actors I remember, with a film in that time period on Imdb.com, has not worked so far. If you remember anything, like who really acted in the film or the name, or even when it was released, please respond.

Thanks and Happy New Year

(1) (Reply)

New Movie Trailer ;Super 8 Produced By Steven Spielberg / Pen Camera, Keyholder Camera, Tie Camera / Topten Movies At The Box Office - Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes Still Number 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.