Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,998 members, 7,799,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins £30,000 Prize For Her Book, Half Of A Yellow Sun - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins £30,000 Prize For Her Book, Half Of A Yellow Sun (4978 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored / Chimamanda Ngozi-adichie Celebrates Her 38th Birthday Today / Link To Download Half Of A Yellow Sun Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins £30,000 Prize For Her Book, Half Of A Yellow Sun by afrowelsh: 3:15pm On Jun 09, 2007
the girl is fine.orange prize is not beauty contest,it is the contest of brain power,let forget about our own feelings and be happy that we av shown the world again that we can beat the white man in his own game.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins £30,000 Prize For Her Book, Half Of A Yellow Sun by Bulga(m): 11:36pm On Jun 09, 2007
What are you guys talking about? Chimamanda is one of the most beautiful girls in the world. Her kind of beauty is one in a billion. It comes mainly from the inside (her brain) and brings good food to her table.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins £30,000 Prize For Her Book, Half Of A Yellow Sun by omoge25(f): 7:27pm On Jun 10, 2007
Otunba X:

SMC,
Orikinla has already reported the news before anyone on Nairaland.
Orikinla is with me in Lagos and will soon be online.

Oriklinla is the first to celebrate Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie on Nairaland. In fact, his poem on her was already published in his Scarlet Tears of London since last July where he even mentioned Half of a Yellow Sun, before the novel was released.

And your point is?? I tire for you people o.  I searched NR before i made this post I know see no post o.  Abeg make we just celebrate Adichie,  no one else cares who celebrated first or last JUST you.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins £30,000 Prize For Her Book, Half Of A Yellow Sun by Orikinla(m): 7:27pm On Jun 17, 2007
Winning the highly coveted and prestigious 30,000 pounds Orange Broadband Prize for fiction has made Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s second novel Half of a Yellow Sun one of the best selling books on Amazon and random reports from reliable sources confirm that Half of a Yellow Sun is now an international best seller.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins £30,000 Prize For Her Book, Half Of A Yellow Sun by 9ja4eva: 5:22am On Jun 22, 2007
Good news to haters of NIGERIA
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins £30,000 Prize For Her Book, Half Of A Yellow Sun by creatorjc(m): 10:48am On Jun 25, 2007
i like her writing,she dey write like her master and my friend,chinua achebe-the purpose,conviction and manner is there.but i sure say the prize na consolation.abi,how u see am
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins £30,000 Prize For Her Book, Half Of A Yellow Sun by obong(m): 9:49pm On Jul 08, 2007
am happy for her.it isn't no fluke because this is her second book that would get a nomination for the award.Funny thing,a Nigerian staying in Nigeria has not yet seen the book and 'Oyinbo' people are giving her an award.The Nigerian is me.

i find this interesting. so britain gets to tell us who our best writers is without us even having read the book first. hilarious
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins £30,000 Prize For Her Book, Half Of A Yellow Sun by SMC(f): 11:53pm On Jun 04, 2008
This should be on another new post but I can't be bothered to start a new thread.

Rose Tremain has won the 2008 Orange Broadband Prize for Fiction for her book "The Road Home" .

Also, Joanna Kavenna won the Orange Broadband Award for New Writers 2008 for her book "Inglorious".
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins £30,000 Prize For Her Book, Half Of A Yellow Sun by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 11, 2008
If someone told me I would enjoy a book about war, considering my age, I would have called it the lie of the century. This book has defied that - it's one of the best books I've read.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins £30,000 Prize For Her Book, Half Of A Yellow Sun by taju4ac(m): 9:31am On Jun 13, 2008
To be sincere Chimamanda is really a worthful feminine genius worthy of emulation
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins £30,000 Prize For Her Book, Half Of A Yellow Sun by blissfullynaughty: 4:51pm On Jun 13, 2008
taju4ac:

To be sincere Chimamanda is really a worthful feminine genius worthy of emulation

Writing two good books (nor even ten books) does not make a person a genius.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins £30,000 Prize For Her Book, Half Of A Yellow Sun by dharmie(f): 10:15pm On Jun 13, 2008
S E U N:

Writing two good books (nor even ten books) does not make a person a genius.

so what makes one a genius.
two good books are better than millions of thrash
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins £30,000 Prize For Her Book, Half Of A Yellow Sun by blissfullynaughty: 11:20pm On Jun 13, 2008
dharmie:

two good books are better than millions of thrash

That may very well be, still doesn't make one a genius though. Nigerians tend to bandy the word "genius" willy nilly.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins £30,000 Prize For Her Book, Half Of A Yellow Sun by jydeboy: 4:54pm On Jun 17, 2008
She looks every inch like an Ifa Priestess in that picture where she held an award.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins £30,000 Prize For Her Book, Half Of A Yellow Sun by babamutu: 3:27pm On Jun 18, 2008
she is my role model and im so happy for her wink wink wink
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins £30,000 Prize For Her Book, Half Of A Yellow Sun by jydeboy: 3:55pm On Jun 18, 2008
obong:

Funny thing,a Nigerian staying in Nigeria has not yet seen the book and 'Oyinbo' people are giving her an award.The Nigerian is me.
Obong, liars should have good memories. But you said you stay in New York. So na who you dey lie for? Think before you post your messages in future.

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins £30,000 Prize For Her Book, Half Of A Yellow Sun by cecegorz(m): 9:25am On Jul 09, 2008
Wow!
I just finished reading that lovely book.
What baffles me is how she was able to capture the sublime feelings of a young male (Ugwu) towards the opposite sex. Then, the impeccably detailed narratives are just the attributes of another master story teller.

Ada anyi, thanks for making us proud. Abba na Abagana bu umu nne.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins £30,000 Prize For Her Book, Half Of A Yellow Sun by DeepZone: 10:56pm On Jul 30, 2008
am happy for her.it isn't no fluke because this is her second book that would get a nomination for the award.Funny thing,[size=14pt]a Nigerian staying in Nigeria has not yet seen the book and 'Oyinbo' people are giving her an award.The Nigerian is me.
[/size]
i find this interesting. [size=14pt]so britain gets to tell us who our best writers is without us even having read the book first.[/size] hilarious

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Idan (MAGIC) A Short Yoruba Fiction. / He's A Korean Sex God Episode 1 / Let's Not Waste Time On Frivolities...a Short Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.