Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,272 members, 7,807,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

For Those That Think Covid-19 Is A Hoax - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / For Those That Think Covid-19 Is A Hoax (650 Views)

Man Dies After Attending 'COVID Party' In US, Thinking Virus Was A 'Hoax' / When Do You Think Covid 19 Will Disappear In Nigeria. / Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those That Think Covid-19 Is A Hoax by Nobody: 4:06am On Apr 18, 2020
Some people still don't believe covid-19 is real, or that it is deadly. Everytime NCDC releases a statement that they have discharged some patients, some people come here and start chest beating that Nigeria should show other countries what they use in curing covid-19 patients. Well maybe u should take a look at this.

Nigeria
Confirmed cases 493
Deaths 17
Death rate 3.4%

South Africa
Confirmed cases 2,783
Deaths 50
Death rate 1.8%

Cameroun
Confirmed cases 1,017
Deaths 22
Death rate : 2.1%

Ivory coast
Confirmed cases 688
Deaths 6
Death rate: 0.9%

Ghana
Confirmed cases 641
Deaths 8
Death rate 1.2%

Niger
Confirmed cases 627
Deaths 18
Death rate 2.9%

Guinea
Confirmed cases 477
Deaths 3
Death rate 0.6%

Senegal
Confirmed cases 342
Deaths 2
Death rate 0.6%

As shown all these African countries I mentioned are having less deaths than Nigeria. Everyone needs to take responsibility. I see a lot of people in Lagos who don't believe this disease exist. They still shake hands their normal way, they don't wash their hands or sanitize and social distancing doesn't exist in their dictionary. They live their normal life like nothing is happening. Nigeria has the largest population in Africa. If we are recoding these number of deaths when we don't have too many cases, what would happen when we start having a surge? Nobody wants this but if people don't take responsibility and do their own parts, God forbid but having a surge would be inevitable. Even with the lockdown in Lagos some places are still crowded.

Stay safe everyone.
Re: For Those That Think Covid-19 Is A Hoax by daddytime(m): 4:14am On Apr 18, 2020
I laugh each time I read them announcing the number of discharged.

It is now somewhat of competition amongst States where they keep trying to outdo one another in the number of discharged per day as if they'll get rewarded.

We are still treating this issue with levity while it is even yet to take off here. By the time we get to the peak the highly politicized NCDC will lose count and seize to exist because of course as everything Nigerian, it is nothing but another means to settle cronies with appointments.

May God keep protecting us.
Re: For Those That Think Covid-19 Is A Hoax by Limitlessss: 4:32am On Apr 18, 2020
But some people up north are busy washing there hands and drinking the water, ewww.

Other countries are preventing COVID-19, 9ja are helping it to spread.

No wonder some people are prophesying Africa will be hard hit, God forbid though.

As president Abba don wakka, maybe now they will understand say Coro no know black or white, rich or poor, religion or even jass.

Stay home, stay safe and protect your loved ones.
Re: For Those That Think Covid-19 Is A Hoax by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 18, 2020
daddytime:

It is now somewhat of competition amongst States where they keep trying to outdo one another in the number of discharged per day as if they'll get rewarded.

We are still treating this issue with levity while it is even yet to take off here. By the time we get to the peak the highly politicized NCDC will lose count and seize to exist because of course as everything Nigerian, it is nothing but another means to settle cronies with appointments.

May God keep protecting us. Everyone needs to take responsibility. I think more people need to be educated. 51 new cases yesterday alone.

Lalasticlala, Dominque, Mynd44, Seun

1 Like

Re: For Those That Think Covid-19 Is A Hoax by mindtricks: 2:17pm On Apr 18, 2020
daddytime:

The highlighted is at the core of the issue holding Nigeria down.
Very well said.

Interesting times ahead.
#Stay Safe!
Re: For Those That Think Covid-19 Is A Hoax by skylarr: 4:27pm On Apr 18, 2020
Examples abide on this same forum. Some will write “ malaria and typhoid “ . Supposed educated youths? This is extremely shameful to say the least.
I sincerely hope we don’t get to the stage where this pandemic gets out of control and overwhelms the country.
Re: For Those That Think Covid-19 Is A Hoax by skylarr: 4:31pm On Apr 18, 2020
@mods, seun , lalasticlala. Pls our people need a wake up call. The youths needs orientation and factory reset from being careless.
Unfortunately, the careless young ones will likely survive but will infect the older ones and those with underlying health issues. We all need to be cautious.
Re: For Those That Think Covid-19 Is A Hoax by babyfaceafrica: 5:56pm On Apr 18, 2020
Super story

Re: For Those That Think Covid-19 Is A Hoax by Montlab25: 6:31pm On Apr 18, 2020
skylarr:
Examples abide on this same forum. Some will write “ malaria and typhoid “ . Supposed educated youths? This is extremely shameful to say the least.
I sincerely hope we don’t get to the stage where this pandemic gets out of control and overwhelms the country.

Education has failed to cure some people of chronic ignorance. It's a pity I am sharing the same country with such people..

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Medical Doctor Exposes Lies Told By Isolated Coronavirus Patient In Delta / Port-harcourt Lockdown Day3 / Nigerian, Yusuf Bilesanmi’s ShiVent Wins Africa Prize “one To Watch” Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.