Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,519 members, 7,801,389 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp (6344 Views)

“I Won’t Insult Buhari, Instead I Quit” – PDP Chair Mu’azu To Jonathan Campaign / Oyinlola Writes Jonathan, Offers To Quit PDP / OBJ Threatens To Quit PDP Chair Over Speakership Zoning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by marvix(m): 9:46pm On Jan 06, 2011
It would be a very big blessing for Obasanjo to be frustrated out of the PDP.

If Obj, Atiku, Ciroma, Saraki Olusola, Alao-Akala and their likes are getting frustrated in the PDP, this may be the best time for us to key into the PDP.

This is a confirmation that these mens words are no more sacrosanct within the party.

The 2011 election is an election that PDP will win at the cost of its strength.

The opposition should all team up to push a Buharis candidacy, not for the purpose of capturing the presidency but for the purpose of capturing the states, If the opposition play their cards well they can snatch about 18 states from the PDP or 20 with this we will have a PDP president who is actually in the minority, so to achieve things it would not be what benefits his party alone but what benefits the entire nation, by 2015 a Ribadu opposition and a female easterner as opposition candidates could sweep the PDP out.

Obasanjo can quit politics and leave PDP to his fate, an id1ot called Atiku said he had d PDP ticket for the asking and went to give it to Obj in his farm, that was a big lie, the front runner in the PDP in 1998 was Ekhueme, they cheated him by preaching zoning and compensation for Abiola they never truly fought for and want to use that same deceit on GEJ, but trust my guy is too smart, he has dared them to the contest.

This is beautiful for our politics and democracy, PDP is losing its advantage and leverage but the big question is can the oppostion take a clue and snatch the advantage and leverage, 2011 elections would tell
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 06, 2011
marvix:

If Obj, Atiku, Ciroma, Saraki Olusola, Alao-Akala and their likes are getting frustrated in the PDP, this may be the best time for us to key into the PDP.

This is a confirmation that these mens words are no more sacrosanct within the party.

The opposition should all team up to push a Buharis candidacy, not for the purpose of capturing the presidency but for the purpose of capturing the states, If the opposition play their cards well they can snatch about 18 states from the PDP or 20 with this we will have a PDP president who is actually in the minority, so to achieve things it would not be what benefits his party alone but what benefits the entire nation, by 2015 a Ribadu opposition and a female easterner as opposition candidates could sweep the PDP out.

Obasanjo can quit politics and leave PDP to his fate, an id1ot called Atiku said he had d PDP ticket for the asking and went to give it to Obj in his farm, that was a big lie, the front runner in the PDP in 1998 was Ekhueme, they cheated him by preaching zoning and compensation for Abiola they never truly fought for and want to use that same deceit on GEJ, but trust my guy is too smart, he has dared them to the contest.

This is beautiful for our politics and democracy, PDP is losing its advantage and leverage but the big question is can the oppostion take a clue and snatch the advantage and leverage, 2011 elections would tell
Who made him the front runner ?
the fact that he was part of the movement that later became PDP doesn't make an automatic presidential candidate !
The party decide who they wanted and nothing Ekwueme could have done about that. grin
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by Kobojunkie: 10:09pm On Jan 06, 2011
dayokanu:

No need to decamp, Stay with PDP so you can be defeated soundly in the SW.

Lets start one by one. By the time we kick PDP out, Half of the problem is solved, we would now look inward and start the cleaning of the remaining party

I would say that is too optimistic considering the Nigerian situation.
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by juman(m): 10:18pm On Jan 06, 2011
marvix:

Good.
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 06, 2011
please im one of those really confused of whom to vote.GEj has been in my mind but atiku's word seems seductive to me.
Also you guys dat are talking of buhari, can you back up some facts that he is the correct man for us or is it just a mere talk of u guys
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by marvix(m): 10:38pm On Jan 06, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Who made him the front runner ?
the fact that he was part of the movement that later became PDP doesn't make an automatic presidential candidate !
The party decide who they wanted and nothing Ekwueme could have done about that. grin

Ekhueme had the presidential ticket in his grasp before the CABAL consisting of IBB and co came to Abeokuta to give Obj, well it seems Atiku was part of the cabal at the time.

Take it or leave it Ekhueme was cheated of the presidency in 1999 by the cabal that preached zoning and compensation, no NADECO activist or politician from the Yoruba region campaigned for compensation the way Atiku is doing today. Now it is time to pay them back.

If Atiku believes that after 2011 we will still be voting along ethnic lines then it shows that he is already outdated and Nigeria has moved away from where he stands, dont forget that Babangida Aliyu was the one who said "Zoning is a political strategy not a political right".
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 06, 2011
marvix:

The opposition should all team up to push a Buharis candidacy, not for the purpose of capturing the presidency but for the purpose of capturing the states, If the opposition play their cards well they can snatch about 18 states from the PDP or 20 with this we will have a PDP president who is actually in the minority, so to achieve things it would not be what benefits his party alone but what benefits the entire nation, by 2015 a Ribadu opposition and A FEMALE easterner as opposition candidates could sweep the PDP out.

i love this
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by ndukwejoe(m): 11:34pm On Jan 06, 2011
if Atiku knows his onions why is he trying to explain to delegates that he would win. jonathan i am behind you . Atiku is not better than GEJ. period.
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by stineb1: 12:12am On Jan 07, 2011
Hey peeps, the problem with some of you in NL is that u fail to look further,u only conclude base on the existence.Jonathan is gradually bringing Revolution into Naija, just watch out.The man means well for this country,just that he found himself in the wrong party.However im still going to vote him for his person and not the party.Although alot of bad eggs are quiting PDP,which is a good thing. GEJ for President.
The rejected stone will become the chief corner stone watch out
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by comely77(m): 4:05am On Jan 07, 2011
atiku's speech was senceless and stupid, u dont need their votes then why bother, since u can rule without their oil!!! Senceless fella, what will kano be without the oil?, its just unfair for him to draw such comparisms,he shouldnt insult a people like they are of no significance, he shd just get da Bleep off SS and concentrate in the north, no prob, we shall all see.
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by Nektar(f): 6:46am On Jan 07, 2011
Buhari still remains d best candidate in my opinion.
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by Akanbiedu(m): 8:15am On Jan 07, 2011
Bros don push GEJ into trouble, he wan run away
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by joystica: 9:12am On Jan 07, 2011
in all let GOD have his will. he only knows the right person to rule or lead nigerians
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by owobokiri(m): 9:29am On Jan 07, 2011
For those calling for the election of Buhari, be carefull what you wish for. Buhari is a direhard ethnic/religous chauvinist . Many people are having wet dreams when they remember his regimes activities in his first coming. But most of those hard policy initiatives where carried out by Idiagbon. The coup itself wasnt even his brainchild that was why he was kicked out pretty easy. Without Idiagbon, Buhari is nothing but another fulani irridentist. Take a look at his PTF days and his utterances on religious and ethnic issues to know how dangerous this man is.
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by rasputinn(m): 9:38am On Jan 07, 2011
owobokiri:

For those calling for the election of Buhari, be carefull what you wish for. Buhari is a direhard ethnic/religous chauvinist . Many people are having wet dreams when they remember his regimes activities in his first coming. But most of those hard policy initiatives where carried out by Idiagbon. The coup itself wasnt even his brainchild that was why he was kicked out pretty easy. Without Idiagbon, Buhari is nothing but another fulani irridentist. Take a look at his PTF days and his utterances on religious and ethnic issues to know how dangerous this man is.

Amazing

God bless you Owobokiri.With all the myopia,ignorance,amnesia and hypocrisy I have seen on nairaland,especially on the political forum,where people actually mouth obscene support for repulsive elements like Babangida and Atiku,it's indeed very refreshing to see that objective people like you still come up with very sound,truthful and wise posts like this

Kudos bruv
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by MELAA: 9:41am On Jan 07, 2011
@ Owobokiri i like that statement. those people wishing to vote Buhari should be very! very!! very!!! careful. As for atikuuuuuu, he is a frustrated , A BIG LIAR. Atikuuuuuuu has nothing to offer them corruption. silly fool!!
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by delimit(m): 10:39am On Jan 07, 2011

Atiku is frustrated but that is a frank talk becos in term of figures and numbers forgetting landmass northerner are far more than Southerner provided their is unity among them
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by delimit(m): 10:42am On Jan 07, 2011
What is wrong with atiku.did he think d arid landmass they av in d upper north is equivalent 2 number of people dat lives there.stupidity indeed,he speaks like as if the northerners owns d whole country.

Atiku is frustrated but that is a frank talk becos in term of figures and numbers forgetting landmass northerner are far more than Southerner provided their is unity among them
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by Ugeh: 10:50am On Jan 07, 2011
^^^^
Another Almajerin in da house grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by Nsiman(m): 11:26am On Jan 07, 2011
I was expecting obj to say he wants to quit politics, but now from pdp to another, say ACN (S.W party)
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by AYOGHANDI: 11:33am On Jan 07, 2011
That bad road in d pix may be one of Ota township roads, but definitely not Obasanjo farms road. The road leading to Obasanjo farms is well tarred with street light constructed by Ado- Odo/Ota Local Government. The farm area enjoys uninterrupted power supply 24/7.
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by Donmeca(m): 11:50am On Jan 07, 2011
From Kobojunkie
^^^ Kicking PDP out is no longer going to solve the problem. We may need to modify our tactics giving that some of the corrupt elements in the PDP have moved to join other parties. Nigerians need to identify these elements and make sure that no matter what their new party affiliation, they are stopped from getting back in power.

so far my best post. . .yet to complete my slow reading anyway but we all shud agree that Nigeria is basically a one party state. people only form new parties wen pdp conditions becomes unfavourable to their selfish inklings. thus most opposition politicians are more pdp than the party they are fighting.
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 07, 2011
He said: “I was telling Bayelsa delegates that do you know that the whole of you are not up to one senatorial district in Kano? Let us be very thoughtful of what we are doing. I was telling some people last night that you want to abandon zoning, not so. You want to abandon zoning. As of today, 61 per cent of PDP delegates are from the North. I don’t need to come here and talk to you.”

He added: “All I need is to mobilise all the northern delegates to vote for me, even if I take 55 per cent of that 61 per cent, I am okay. You have only 31 per cent here in the South. The entire number of delegates from the South-South are not half of that of the North West. Tell me when it comes to numbers how you are going to win this election? Let us abide by the zoning policy made by this party because these are the stark realities. We are talking about figures and numbers.”- Atiku

Atiku talks like a gladiator going for a BLOOD BATH battle. Is this the kind of president we will vote for in a democratic setting? Someone who does not respect the choice of others to vote for whosoever they wish? Instead of him to talk like a democrat, persuading Nigerians to see him as a Nigerian president and not that of the North only if voted in, as well as, on the grounds of his manifesto of how he would transform the lives of the common man. He is busy talking about the number of people in the north that will vote for him. I think on that statement only, every reasonable Nigerian should not vote for him because he will certainly turn out to be a sectional leader.  
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by Donmeca(m): 1:33pm On Jan 07, 2011
He added: “All I need is to mobilise all the northern delegates to vote for me, even if I take 55 per cent of that 61 per cent, I am okay. You have only 31 per cent here in the South.

[b]Bad maths: 55% of 61% (northern delegates) = {(55/100)*(61/100)}*100 = (0.55*0.61)*100 = 0.34*100 = 33.55% [/b]of d total delegates in PDP convention. This is clearly not enof reason to be ok.

Now, I know this is not what Atiku had in mind (he meant 55% of PDP delegates) but he didn't make d right choice of words. Everyone slips from time to time. His strategists needs to do more work in speech-writing.

The former Vice President said if he was an over ambitious person, he would have in 2003 succumbed to pressure from PDP governors to vie for the party’s presidential ticket against former President Obasanjo. According to him, he declined because of the zoning policy of the party.

hmmn. . .beloved Atiku, d vice president of PDP governors. . .a respecter of agreement. what a powerful hero! Y did he even nurse d ambition in d first place if he was so unambitious?

I have sacrificed the presidency in 1993 for the unity, peace and stability of this country by stepping down for Chief MKO Abiola.

Just like i have sacrificed my right to good living because of the ever greedy ruling class, which Jonathan was never a member of. . .he just joined of late. But u, Atiku was a pot-bellied member of. . .u and your ilk milked our economy dry thereby infringing on my right to quality public education. i'm just beginning to realise what it's like to see NEPA/PHCN light for d most part of d day, to spend a maximum of 3 minutes in petrol station and drive away with a filled tank at constant rate nationwide, even during festive seasons. . .without gratifying some illiterate attendant. . .this is wen i know that someone can ever "make good things happen". thanks to GEJ. . . a bird at hand if u know wot I mean.

In 1998/99, the entire PDP machinery was in my hand. If I had been over ambitious like some people say, I would have given the PDP ticket to myself but I took PDP ticket to Obasanjo in his farm, who had just been released from jail. I said take the ticket. Come and be our president because I always put the interest of this country before mine” he said.

Magnanimous! pls take it now to Jonathan in Aso Rock so  he can continue from where he stopped. I like u sir, u are very unambitious, and u can pick quality people for appointment. . .like u picked OBJ who was suffering from the aftermaths of prison isolation and the shock/fear of imminent death. pls pick Jona who was elevated just because DSP stole some money and help him appoint ministers like Okonjo, Ezekwesili, Soludo, etc and God will continue to bless u.
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by marfnaira(m): 3:32pm On Jan 08, 2011
Don't mine baba OBJ, he has seen the clear handwriting and the picture on the wall that ACN will sweep all rubbish baba and his team dumped in the Southwest.
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by Kobojunkie: 3:37pm On Jan 08, 2011
Donmeca:

From Kobojunkie
so far my best post. . .yet to complete my slow reading anyway but we all shud agree that [size=13pt]Nigeria is basically a one party state. people only form new parties wen pdp conditions becomes unfavourable to their selfish inklings. thus most opposition politicians are more pdp than the party they are fighting.[/size]

That seems to be the case, even more so now than ever before!
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by isalegan2: 7:44pm On Jan 08, 2011
"Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp"

How can he quit PDP? He is PDP! The man is full of it.
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by kodewrita(m): 9:05am On Jan 11, 2011
Go away now. who send you work. Msccheeew
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by vorosmartm(m): 10:26am On Jan 11, 2011
@OP, Quit and go where?
Re: Obasanjo Threatens To Quit Pdp by egift(m): 9:43am On Apr 14, 2011
When you vote Jonathan/PDP = An Endorsement for OBJ and co to carry on the looting.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! / 69 Oil Marketers To Refund N241.247b Petrol Subsidy / Iran Declare War 0n Nigeria Not Threat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.