Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,389 members, 7,781,117 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:16 AM

Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) (82579 Views)

Deaths: Kano May Have Violated Tradition Through Emir Sanusi's Removal –Babatope / Burial Of Galadima Modu Sheriff: Social Distancing Order Violated / Okonjo-Iweala Used An Old Photo To Illustrate Social Distancing In Food Sharing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by adenigga(m): 3:55pm On Apr 18, 2020
freshkpomo:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/04/18/covid-19-despite-guidelines-social-distancing-large-crowd-turn-out-abba-kyaris-burial

Watch videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7MXrReVljo

I am not a fan of confusion but I think Nigerians deserve an apology for this. This same government have been ruthless with the stay at-home stuff, shutting down every stuff across their path that may lead to convergence of individual, some were lucky to be taken to court, why the unlucky ones were shot dead by men on uniform. Nobody should be immune or above the law, Social distancing should be for all.

God bless Nigeria.

"Kyari, who had a history of diabetes and was in his 70s, died at a private hospital in Lagos on Friday owing to complications from Coronavirus."

Reference to the above age package, I hereby make a motion for the correction, He was 81yrs, so, it should have been written " in his early 80's"

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by Ryocaj(m): 3:55pm On Apr 18, 2020
Ayoefa:
[[s]quote author=Ryocaj post=88583170]
U r senseless..
The Burial u talked of.. is it Covid-19 related.. These people make laws an go against it.. their laws r for the poor.. Lai Mohammed clearly stated it that NCDC won't release Covid-19 bodies.. they will deal with it themselves.. yet..
1) Kyari's Body was flown from Lagos to Abuja
2) There was crowd at his burial
3) Stay at home rule was violated
4) Social distancing was violated
5) The crowd was much more than 50..
6) Muslims don't use coffins.. yet look at then standing so close to d body being laid 2 rest..

Even Funky Akindele's party didn't av such crowd.. Nigerians need to wake up.. this govt is evil.. I pray this trends n let d social media warriors put in more energy like they did to Funke.. Let's c Wat d outcome would be..
The Citizens need to act.. this govt has ruined Nigeria..[/s]

Tired of educating fools like you.
Your father is the only senseless idiot that wasted sperm on a retard like you.
U r a simpleton.. they say u can't underestimate d power of stupid ppl in large numbers.. ppl like u r d majority in Nigeria that is y our leaders avsuch impunity..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by Ezmans: 3:58pm On Apr 18, 2020
Ayoefa:
Rubbish.

The level of stupidity and gullibility in this country is totally out of control.
This is a burial not a party like Funke had at her house. This is a special circumstance where the rules cannot be enforced as in others.
In fact I know someone whose family member died this week. They were allowed to move from one location to another and were allowed to perform the burial without any govt interference.
Also, even the govt says that everyone should stay at home , but you are allowed to go out if you have a good valid reason to do so like buying food, fuel, going to the hospital, going to bury a dead family member.
Almost everyone in these pictures are wearing face masks and most importantly, they are there for BURIAL not for a party.
burial is not allowed in state imo even till today,

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 18, 2020
sonofspada:
That's because its a fake burial, the man died weeks back.

Oya, attackers attack me.
Even at fake burial as assumed by you, they ought to be arrested for violating social distancing.
Or
The attendees has agreed on mutual mass COVID 19 infection

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 18, 2020
donbachi:
Power must change hand

Corona must transfer and change hands as Abba Kyari dies so will visitors to this funeral carry the virus
Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by Tonymegabush1(m): 4:00pm On Apr 18, 2020
Rule no1... Since the man died of deadly contagious disease they shouldn't even buried him within, because his corpse still has the infection in it, just had some pity on those undertakers none is putting on any protective kit........

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by Prymestrr(m): 4:02pm On Apr 18, 2020
Sermwell:

sue FGN for what exactly?? if a robber is arrested and convicted but another robber robbed but was not arrested, does that means the first robber now has the right to sue?? Make una dey reason well abeg!!
what useless analogy did you just make and how does it portray the current situation Educated illiterate.
Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by DanDeeBoss(m): 4:02pm On Apr 18, 2020
I watched it from start to finish and I can say that I'm really dissapointed.... No social distance was observed, Only the NCDC guys were well protected

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by Antichristus: 4:02pm On Apr 18, 2020
This is the so called disciplined Buhari and his stupid government. Islam is a religion founded on impunity and lawlessness, precisely how Muhammad enforced and imposed Islam on the people of Makkah, and how subsequent Islamic jihadists propagated their stupidity. Right now, these ragtags, under the leadership of the skeleton-looking Buhari, are endangering Nigerians in contravention of WHO social distancing rules. Many Nigerians have lost their loved ones either due to natural causes or to COVID-19. These haven't been able to give their loved ones befitting funeral. Yet, the same government who, in line with WHO, asked Nigerians to social distance has flagrantly broken the same rule. Get ready. Buhari, Lai Muhammad and Adesina will be the next to be killed by Coronavirus.

2 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by sonofspada(m): 4:05pm On Apr 18, 2020
MoIbrahim:

You think it's all people that store their dead preparing for ceremony abi? Continue fooling yourself
My brother, even if na ur PapA die of COVID-19 fear no go gree people gather like this say them they do burial.
Na publicity stunt. Take it or ignore it, I'm not seeking for attention sir.
Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by prigoz(m): 4:09pm On Apr 18, 2020
Greenbirth:
Every well meaning Nigerian should host freedom flag on his or her windows. Abba Kyari single handedly made sure that nigeria never moved forward for the past 5 yrs now.

Even if Abba Kyari wakes up now, he will die again. Nonsense. His soul will never rest in peace. I too will die and you that will condem me too will.
I concur

From what I am seeing that grave is too shallow. That wicked man can wake up and come out alive again or his corona can vapourate outside.
Chinese we thank you.

Rest in pieces.
Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by uunwanaobong3: 4:13pm On Apr 18, 2020
For all the evil men ruling this country, this is how your death will be like...... People will cover their noses at your funeral, you will be buried 100feet underground in the absence of your love ones, and strict movement will be observed

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by ajl: 4:15pm On Apr 18, 2020
Onlyonebuhari:

Mr Man NCDC buried Kyari themselves and as figure in Aso Rock u can't expect him to be buried without honour by Nigerian government.

And the same NCDC criticized such a gathering that broke the social distancing rule?

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by VIRGINlabia(m): 4:15pm On Apr 18, 2020
StarUp:
Funke Akindele should use that video and head straight to Court of Appeal...

Sh!t is about to spread...Corona Virus(in Cardi B's voice)

This girl if na your true pic I dey see so you ripe wella to chew........oya forward your details for small transport money tongue
Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by emmansus(f): 4:16pm On Apr 18, 2020
Guy you only watch Nigerian news without listening to world news,who told you that vaccine and cure will be soon.acording to world class doctors it will take till September or October to come up with a vaccine.
valves:
May his soul rest in peace. Amen.

1. I understand the need for "last respect", but I honestly don't think that that number of people are required at this point to give him a decent burial, given the recent situation of things.

2. Social Distancing will be difficult to achieve in Nigeria. Nigerians are not proactive by nature; but reactive. This is worrisome because community spread will be inevitable.

3. We hope a cure/vaccine is found ASAP so that we all can go back to our normal lives.

##We shall defeat the Virus if we all play our part. If you can't be a cure, at least stay safe and help prevent the spread.

Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by Sermwell(m): 4:18pm On Apr 18, 2020
Prymestrr:

what useless analogy did you just make and how does it portray the current situation Educated illiterate.
you are the moronic fool here!! Funke committed a crime and was convicted!! Now you want her to sue the FGN because some other persons committed same crime and we're not arrested and convicted!! Are you not stupid now?? Was it even the FGN that prosecuted her?? Was it not the LSG that prosecuted her?? why do you want her to sue the FGN?? now who's the educated illiterate here??
Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by JavaKonjo: 4:23pm On Apr 18, 2020
Does it really matter?
He refused to issolate when he came back from Germany, and was busy infecting people for 3 weeks, holding meetings etc.
Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by Prymestrr(m): 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2020
Sermwell:

you are the moronic fool here!! Funke committed a crime and was convicted!! Now you want her to sue the FGN because some other persons committed same crime and we're not arrested and convicted!! Are you not stupid now?? Was it even the FGN that prosecuted her?? Was it not the LSG that prosecuted her?? why do you want her to sue the FGN?? now who's the educated illiterate here??
You keep proving how stupid and warped you thinking is. Why should FG flaunt their own rules A moro.n like you will defend this govt for killing you and yours no doubt. May the same ineptitude you so defend passionately befall you...Foolish fool!!
Bring it on punk, I have your time this afternoon. angry sad

2 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by Alvin212(m): 4:25pm On Apr 18, 2020
Ayoefa:

Dummy, so besides coronavirus, you don't know that people are still dying from other reasons? Pls get your head out of your ass.

Embrace western education and get your self liberated

A product of islllamicc jihadist school of terrorismmm

2 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by phoenix911: 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2020
Ayoefa:
Rubbish.

The level of stupidity and gullibility in this country is totally out of control.
This is a burial not a party like Funke had at her house. This is a special circumstance where the rules cannot be enforced as in others.
In fact I know someone whose family member died this week. They were allowed to move from one location to another and were allowed to perform the burial without any govt interference.
Also, even the govt says that everyone should stay at home , but you are allowed to go out if you have a good valid reason to do so like buying food, fuel, going to the hospital, going to bury a dead family member.
Almost everyone in these pictures are wearing face masks and most importantly, they are there for BURIAL not for a party.

Whether you steal a car, Money, big or small or you steal a pot of soup it is stealing there is no justification for what was seen on the burial. Nigeria laws are made for the poor, Our government should not be the ones violating the law they themself put in place. Leadership by example is the best leadership. Our government came out with guidelines for the covid-19 and it must be followed, no useless excuses, the federal government has violated the rules they themself put out for the citizens to follow and we have to call a spade what it is which is a spade.

2 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by Empiree: 4:28pm On Apr 18, 2020

Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by TheAdvocate(m): 4:30pm On Apr 18, 2020
Jaynom:
Lol .. They don't give a Fvck! Wait o! Abba was buried in a Coffin? Someone needs to explain this to me!

You didn't watch the burial on TV. He was removed and the coffin burned.
Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by PrinceKenne(m): 4:32pm On Apr 18, 2020
Lagos State should with immediate effect apologize to Funke Akindele and also withdraw the charges against her and her husband.

Nigerian, a nation where the law is partial
Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by Sermwell(m): 4:34pm On Apr 18, 2020
Prymestrr:

You keep proving how stupid and warped you thinking is. Why should FG flaunt their own rules A moro.n like you will defend this govt for killing you and yours no doubt. May the same ineptitude you so defend passionately befall you...Foolish fool!!
Bring it on punk, I have your time this afternoon. angry sad
just look at you exhibiting wholesale stupidity on a public forum!! Funke violated the law and was convicted!! You can go and kill yourself if you don't like it!!
Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by sosospence(m): 4:51pm On Apr 18, 2020
StarUp:
Funke Akindele should use that video and head straight to Court of Appeal...

Sh!t is about to spread...Corona Virus(in Cardi B's voice)
She really needs to appeal that judgement to clear her name.
Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by Oriafo123: 4:51pm On Apr 18, 2020
freshkpomo:
I am a member of some political platforms on facebook, and I see members daily coming out to say that the whole corona this is a scam and it is not in Nigeria, just some scam by government to siphon public fund. With pics like this a lot of them might have some evidence to prove their points which in return will put the lives of many at risk. Government should lead by example.

God bless Nigeria.

The truth is that in this country they don't need an elaborate scam like CORONA to divert funds. All I am trying to say with or without Corona, people in power will still rob the citizens blind and we go still dey hail them angry angry
Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by Myer(m): 4:55pm On Apr 18, 2020
freshkpomo:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/04/18/covid-19-despite-guidelines-social-distancing-large-crowd-turn-out-abba-kyaris-burial

Watch videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7MXrReVljo

I am not a fan of confusion but I think Nigerians deserve an apology for this. This same government have been ruthless with the stay at-home stuff, shutting down every stuff across their path that may lead to convergence of individual, some were lucky to be taken to court, why the unlucky ones were shot dead by men on uniform. Nobody should be immune or above the law, Social distancing should be for all.

God bless Nigeria.

Na you wan prosecute them?
Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by Donbabaj: 4:57pm On Apr 18, 2020
The difference is that they are all using face mask but Funke Akindele did not. In other words, I can have a social gathering provided all guests uses a face mask. undecided
Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by Drizzy5001(m): 4:58pm On Apr 18, 2020
Useless man
Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by Prymestrr(m): 5:06pm On Apr 18, 2020
Sermwell:

just look at you exhibiting wholesale stupidity on a public forum!! Funke violated the law and was convicted!! You can go and kill yourself if you don't like it!!
Kyari in death and allies violated what exactly This selective reasoning idiot must be thinking people against his school of thought are saying what Funke did was right. Funke did wrong, Kyari's family, friends, well wishers and FG did wrong, what goes around comes around. Use your dead brain for once, it's not there to decorate your neck. Foolish fool sad
Re: Abba Kyari's Burial: Social Distancing Violated (Photos, Video) by maingwaest(f): 5:09pm On Apr 18, 2020
donbachi:
Power must change hand

By force by fire.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Jewish Scientists In Anambra To Present DNA Result To Show Igbos Are From Israel / Men Kneel Before Nnamdi Kanu To Address Him In His Home. Photos / Whenever Anybody Tells You That APC Did Well, Show Them This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.