Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? (95503 Views)

Apple’s Iphone SE 2 Is Reportedly Launching At $399 USD (UPDATE) / Iphone SE 2 Launching In Q1 2020 With A13 At $399 / This Google Chrome-like Browser Cost N80,000 ($399.99) On Google Playstore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by AkpaMgbor(m): 9:49am On Apr 19, 2020
Carnage4life:

The SE uses the A13 chip which is in the iPhone 11 Pro. Making it one of the Most powerful phones right now. The other specs too are up to date and very good. The body design is old yeah but a lot of people who the phone is targeting don’t care, some people still want compact phones/affordable new iPhones. Apple knows their market.

Then talking about updates. It’ll get Software updates for up to 4/5 years. The iPhone 6s from 2015 still gets updates. No one does updates better than Apple.

It’s not expensive. It is our Naira that is shit. If a dollar was still 160 Naira, this phone would have been 64k.
Americans and other countries with good economy see this phone as a very good deal. Mad value for all that specs. These phones aren’t expensive, the Naira is what makes it look that way.
So yeah this phone has mad value all round.
Nigerian shit currency has really done a number on the average consumer...even the SE is seen as a luxury phone here..e no go better for Nigerian leaders past and present.

1 Like

Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 19, 2020
if only iphone can have two sim,,
Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by AkpaMgbor(m): 9:55am On Apr 19, 2020
dancok:
if only iphone can have two sim,,
It does but not a physical sim..e-sim is something our local network providers are yet to implement.

1 Like

Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by Carnage4life: 9:57am On Apr 19, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

Nigerian shit currency has really done a number on the average consumer...even the SE is seen as a luxury phone here..e no go better for Nigerian leaders past and present.

Honestly e dey pain me.
That is why most times I try to explain to people that these brands aren’t that luxurious. The iPhone/Samsung/Cars/Laptops aren’t really that expensive. It is our currency that is doing us bad. Imagine the naira was still 140/150/160 per dollar. A lot people would be able to afford.
I’m sure other countries with stable economies would wonder why Nigeria always complains about prices. Average user there can buy these things.
E go better sha one day.

4 Likes

Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by Topmaike007(m): 9:57am On Apr 19, 2020
Plead:
K

The A13 bionic chip is the fastest smartphone chip in the world.

Y’all just go about speaking trash cuz you can’t afford iPhones without doing any research.
who told you I can't afford that IPhone SE even if I can't afford brand new iPhone 11 Pro I can still get the refurbished at ikeja cos I have a course mate of mine that's my good friend that sells only IPhone there, but nevertheless

I can't afford to lavish money on Luxury because of everything come and go..

Even this life you're living is borrowed and you're not even promised tomorrow.. I better use money to do something worthwhile
Ghetto by AKON
Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by UNRULY(m): 10:00am On Apr 19, 2020
NNFORUM:
Go ahead and register all info needed are on the forum. What we can pass here are just limited I won't like to be banned.
I've done all regs. But I'm still confused on how it works. I'm thinking of getting about 5slots, what will I earn and what do I have to do. Please I want you to teach me. ashaka0011@gmail.com
Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by collymore1704: 10:02am On Apr 19, 2020
Babapyro:
I would chose this over the remaining models,I love the look
you no get money to buy others
Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by NinjaMetahuman: 10:07am On Apr 19, 2020
Carnage4life:

The SE uses the A13 chip which is in the iPhone 11 Pro. Making it one of the Most powerful phones right now. The other specs too are up to date and very good. The body design is old yeah but a lot of people who the phone is targeting don’t care, some people still want compact phones/affordable new iPhones. Apple knows their market.

Then talking about updates. It’ll get Software updates for up to 4/5 years. The iPhone 6s from 2015 still gets updates. No one does updates better than Apple.

It’s not expensive. It is our Naira that is shit. If a dollar was still 160 Naira, this phone would have been 64k.
Americans and other countries with good economy see this phone as a very good deal. Mad value for all that specs. These phones aren’t expensive, the Naira is what makes it look that way.
So yeah this phone has mad value all round.
point is, you will get more value on Android with same 400usd.

A 400usd Android will be more powerful in all ramifications with latest snapdragon, including better battery life..
not just the processor.
A13 is fast, so is snapdragon 865.. you will notice a13 is faster in geekbench but not daily usage.
I'm sure people don't buy phone so they can surf geekbench.

Android update depends on the manufacturer you buy your phone from.. essential phone of 4years ago is still receiving latest Android updates.
Tecno of last year won't even get a security patch.

Yeah I know it's cheap for Westerner, but to the rest of the world, it is still expensive if you consider what you will get somewhere else and the economy of the rest of the world.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by Leafflet: 10:08am On Apr 19, 2020
Godfullsam:
Poor phone embarassed

4.7 inch display phone in 2020

7MP front camera in 2020

Some people will buy any rubbish as long as there iPhone logo on it.

Some of you will come online and be forming i two know, anybody that can afford to buy this phone surely can afford to go online and read more about it, This phone is like an experiment from apple, the first model came out 2016 or thereabouts, One of the features is for people that don't see camera as a big issue people that don't take much photos, people that don't want their phone to be a burden to them that don't even use screen guard or anything like that, most men will buy the phone will women likely might not be interested and also it doesn't have bigger models like 11 pro max and 7s or 7s. It's a small phone but you are going to enjoy high processing speed and it's slick and simple. Almost like you are not holding a phone.
Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 19, 2020
Topmaike007:
who told you I can't afford that IPhone SE even if I can't afford brand new iPhone 11 Pro I can still get the refurbished at ikeja cos I have a course mate of mine that's my good friend that sells only IPhone there, but nevertheless I can't afford to lavish money on Luxury because of everything come and go..

Even this life you're living is borrowed and you're not even promised tomorrow.. I better use money to do something worthwhile

Poverty mentality.
Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by aimmoney9: 10:09am On Apr 19, 2020
directonpc:
with wireless charging, water resistance, many years of update?
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR PREMIUM YOU CAN GO FOR ONE PLUS 8, OPPO RENO, AND HUAWEI
Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 19, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:

A 400usd Android will be more powerful in all ramifications with latest snapdragon, including better battery life..
not just the processor.
A13 is fast, so is snapdragon 865.. you will notice a13 is faster in geekbench but not daily usage.

Android update depends on the manufacturer you buy your phone from.. essential phone of 4years ago is still receiving latest Android updates.

Yeah I know it's cheap for Westerner, but to the rest of the world, it is still expensive if you consider what you will get somewhere else and the economy of the rest of the world.

Nobody forced you to buy the phone bruv.

Get those android phones and shut the fvck up.

2 Likes

Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 19, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

It does but not a physical sim..e-sim is something our local network providers are yet to implement.
ok,but nothing like that of android 2 Sim, iPhone is a good product,but without that 2 physical sim,huh ,i no go buy.,thanks
Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by NinjaMetahuman: 10:14am On Apr 19, 2020
Plead:

Nobody forced you to buy the phone bruv.

Get those android phones and shut the fvck up.
I can bet my phone on it that your phone no pass uk used iphone 6.

People will talking, Poor people with uk used iphone 6 will think they have opinion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by EddyRx: 10:14am On Apr 19, 2020
kvngjesse:

Limited functions? It has the same processor with the Iphone 11
I need more clarification, a refurbished Xs max or the new SE which is best for a Nigerian buyer?
Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by NNFORUM(m): 10:16am On Apr 19, 2020
Message sent to your email.
UNRULY:
I've done all regs. But I'm still confused on how it works. I'm thinking of getting about 5slots, what will I earn and what do I have to do. Please I want you to teach me. ashaka0011@gmail.com
Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 19, 2020
Write4me:
These people get sense sha....t*t* go still red ontop this one.
toto red because of 160k? That's a great toto that hooked a fool.
What's in a woman's vagina that's worth 160k?
Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by Topmaike007(m): 10:19am On Apr 19, 2020
Plead:

Poverty mentality.
I am using Huawei 9s you can't just come and type rubbish because someone oppose your oppose your opinion..

I am still repeating it again I can't waste 200-300k getting iPhone
Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:19am On Apr 19, 2020
Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by idonhammer: 10:29am On Apr 19, 2020
Wicked guy grin grin

adioolayi >:post=88603375:
Yes...They should buy...so far they will not use it to type and beg for Government palliatives and celebrities giveaways online.
Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by Carnage4life: 10:34am On Apr 19, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:

not just the processor.

Yeah the Snapdragon 865 is really fast and so is the A13. That’s why I used “one of the most powerful phones”. The Android vs iOS thing is not what I like to do at all.

Yes I understand your points. I’m not saying it’s better than any Android or has more value than any android. Check my post again.
What I’m saying is for $399 the SE has value. Look at all the specs again. The performance, camera, WiFi 6, LTE bands support,
A lot of people are talking about the phone like it’s crap and like it’s a dead phone. The only problem is the old over used design and I tell you plenty people don’t care. Apple knows it’s market very well. I dunno if you get me.
And we both know Android support isn’t as good as Apple. Essential is just one outlier out of many.

3 Likes

Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by grandstar(m): 10:38am On Apr 19, 2020
yinkson:
Imagine... buying a time piece for about 800 US dollars and ear piece for 159USD, all in the name of 'brand' (overrated)

*Thank God for China*

iPhone is made in China. Yes, thank God for China grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by JustAPhase(m): 10:44am On Apr 19, 2020
slimdamatrix1:
I am gonna get this in a month. I like it!

Remember me in your Paradise, Sir.
Can manage your old model phone.
Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by Carnage4life: 10:48am On Apr 19, 2020
Topmaike007:
I am using Huawei 9s you can't just come and type rubbish because someone oppose your oppose your opinion..

I am still repeating it again I can't waste 200-300k getting iPhone

Your 9s is a very good phone.
The Kirin 710 Is a very capable chip.
Good choice bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by NinjaMetahuman: 10:52am On Apr 19, 2020
Carnage4life:

Yeah the Snapdragon 865 is really fast and so is the A13. That’s why I used “one of the most powerful phones”. The Android vs iOS thing is not what I like to do at all.

Yes I understand your points. I’m not saying it’s better than any Android or has more value than any android. Check my post again.
What I’m saying is for $399 the SE has value. Look at all the specs again. The performance, camera, WiFi 6, LTE bands support,
A lot of people are talking about the phone like it’s crap and like it’s a dead phone. The only problem is the old over used design and I tell you plenty people don’t care. Apple knows it’s market very well. I dunno if you get me.
And we both know Android support isn’t as good as Apple. Essential is just one outlier out of many.
check my initial post.

I said people should compare iPhone with iPhone.. it makes no sense to compare iPhone with Android in the sense of value. which is what most people tend to do.

iPhone targeted demography don't do value, but "premium".
And premium is mostly about people's thoughts and attitude towards a brand.

Just like plastic phone by supreme running symbian os will cost 2000usd but Nokia with same spec and everything will cost 10 dollars or less.

And cos something is premium doesn't necessarily mean it's bad or the best which is the mistake most people make when they compare these things..

1 Like

Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by Topmaike007(m): 10:52am On Apr 19, 2020
Carnage4life:

Your 9s is a very good phone.
The Kirin 710 Is a very capable chip.
Good choice bro.
the Kirin chipset was what made me get the phone to know how it will feel when using it heavily because I am a gamer coupled with the camera
Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by freemi(m): 10:55am On Apr 19, 2020
aimmoney9:

GO FOR XIAOMI REDMI K30 PRO, XIAOMI REDMI K30 5G, OR REALME X50 5G....CHECK THESE PHONES SPECS YOU WONT REGRET IT PLUS THEY ARE WELL UNDER 160000 NAIRA AND ALL HAVE 5G, NFC, 120HZ REFRESH RATE AND LOTS MORE
oh well. U r right. .
Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by Saintcajo1: 10:58am On Apr 19, 2020
cool

Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by Babapyro: 11:05am On Apr 19, 2020
ucosuagwu:

Bros, nothing in the look there...It is the same thing as iPhone 8, they only shifted the icon to the middle, finish....Bros iphone 8 packs/cases will fit in the phone...
Since you need me to break it down OK,the phone has the same processor and performance of 11pro max and a flagship camera recording at 4k(60fps) ,all this in a body that looks like an iPhone 8,if you're not blown away that's your business. I was never a fan of face I'd,this is the ultimate phone for me.
Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by Babapyro: 11:05am On Apr 19, 2020
Rhaspody:

You love the look of iPhone 8 in 2020?

Since you need me to break it down OK,the phone has the same processor and performance of 11pro max and a flagship camera recording at 4k(60fps) ,all this in a body that looks like an iPhone 8,if you're not blown away that's your business. I was never a fan of face I'd,this is the ultimate phone for me.
And yeah I prefer to the old look to what we have now
Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by Babapyro: 11:06am On Apr 19, 2020
DarkJeddi:
The look?

What is different about the look? shocked

Same old iPhone look.. undecided
You just contradicted yourself, you said it's an old look and yet you don't find anything different in the looks,is this how current gen phone looks.
Since you need me to break it down OK,the phone has the same processor and performance of 11pro max and a flagship camera recording at 4k(60fps) ,all this in a body that looks like an iPhone 8,if you're not blown away then I don't know what to say. I was never a fan of face Id anyways,this is the ultimate phone for me.
Re: Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? by Babapyro: 11:08am On Apr 19, 2020
ucosuagwu:

Bros, nothing in the look there...It is the same thing as iPhone 8, they only shifted the icon to the middle, finish....Bros iphone 8 packs/cases will fit in the phone...

The phone has the same processor and performance of 11pro max and a flagship camera recording at 4k(60fps) ,all this in a body that looks like an iPhone 8,if you're not blown away then I don't know what to say I was never a fan of face Id,this is the ultimate phone for me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Solution To “JAR File Is Over Max Size” In Samsung Units By Awesome99 / >>Opera Mini<<< / Infinix Zero 2: The Next Hero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.