Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi (20656 Views)

Attack Threats: Lagos Under Partial Lockdown — Lagos Police Commissioner, Alabi / Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday / Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by FGonline: 7:12am On Apr 19, 2020
Nonsenses

Relax bike ban,thy are using it to extort ppl
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by Ussycool: 7:12am On Apr 19, 2020
A
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by oyeb15: 7:12am On Apr 19, 2020
Buhari should immediately lockdown Federal allocation to d state too.

I don't know why governors take lockdown as their primary duty.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by wiseoneking: 7:13am On Apr 19, 2020
ignis:
What's all these lockdown in less risky states for?
because of Lagosians wuhan like travellers
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by Fragility6: 7:13am On Apr 19, 2020
ignis:
So dst FG go divide d National moimoi reach dem. My state don lockdown 4 one good month n na only 'four' cases we get ofwich one was a lagos doctor n he is dead. We no cum even know weda govt. dey use d Coro dey play games or dey are reali fighting it. Time go tell lata
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by Tomilola360: 7:15am On Apr 19, 2020
ignis:

Be proactive, rather than reactive
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by YngDenzel1: 7:16am On Apr 19, 2020
Okowa was the first to initiate this, and it's curfew not lockdown, targetted at those night gatherings in delta state.
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by beautyhd: 7:17am On Apr 19, 2020
ignis:

It is called prevention
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by captainamiedi1: 7:18am On Apr 19, 2020
Does the virus have time for movement?? But I admire his border blocking method. 7 different post before you finish bribing those 7 post, you would have know how much you have lost. And it will take you 5 hours to bargain you bribe terms.
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by Ussycool: 7:19am On Apr 19, 2020
Partial lockdown...
At times coronavirus de go break abi?
Naija go suffer small.
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by captainamiedi1: 7:20am On Apr 19, 2020
YngDenzel1:
Okowa was the first to initiate this, and it's curfew not lockdown, targetted at those night gatherings in delta state.

Okowa border blocking was too porous. Did you see what that governor did?? 7 border and post. If you successfully bribe those 7 post, my brother you are a strong man. It might take you 6 hours to complete it.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by wiseoneking: 7:21am On Apr 19, 2020
flokii:
From the look of things, Ebonyi leads while other SE states follow.

Nice one Umahi
Well, Ebonyi state is the poorest of them and the least developed/ least Educated of the five but the Governor is working very hard i think. Not yet leading in any indices of development in Eastern states but they are coming up. The major area that can boost the development of the state is Massive investment in Education and Agriculture too. Building all this flashy structures is ok and welcomed but not the key thing like human development.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by Uncleodi(m): 7:21am On Apr 19, 2020
Nice one my Governor
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by YngDenzel1: 7:22am On Apr 19, 2020
captainamiedi1:

Okowa border blocking was too porous. Did you see what that governor did?? 7 border and post. If you successfully bribe those 7 post, my brother you are a strong man. It might take you 6 hours to complete it.
I don't understand. Are you complaining or praising him? grin grin
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by martowskin1(m): 7:24am On Apr 19, 2020
Officialgarri:
Initially I was going to say it was a senseless move, but then I reasoned with then based on my own personal experience.

I know someone who travelled down from Rivers state today despite all the noise Gov. Wike is making.
People are exiting and gaining entry via border villages.

Also, I expereinced Covid 19 task force at borders receiving money to allow you pass and can as well patronize their nose mask or sanitizer. It's business.

With the figure keep increasing, and Nigerians kept acting smart ... It won't take long we will start seeing what happened in Ecuador....

Africa especially Nigerians will learn from this covid19 issue...
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by Lordbukas: 7:26am On Apr 19, 2020
Someone needs to teach this Ebonyi people English language. How can you say total lockdown only in the night? Whereas people are free to move at will in the day there's nothing like lockdown here, it's only curfew. I don't know who advises these governors on what they do.
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by Bigleaf1006: 7:26am On Apr 19, 2020
Bunch of dim wits!! angry
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by manuelzz(m): 7:26am On Apr 19, 2020
daddytime:

It defeats the essence and purpose of the lockdown and renders the 7 pm to 7 am lockdown senseless because most people will be settling indoors by then anyways.

The lockdown is also targeted at people who sneak into the state at midnight.
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by donbogo(m): 7:27am On Apr 19, 2020
Initially I was going to say it was a senseless move, but then I reasoned with then based on my own personal experience.

I know someone who travelled down from Rivers state today despite all the noise Gov. Wike is making.
People are exiting and gaining entry via border villages.

Also, I expereinced Covid 19 task force at borders receiving money to allow you pass and can as well patronize their nose mask or sanitizer. It's business.
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by oriajeib: 7:32am On Apr 19, 2020
Hm
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 19, 2020
How can he chose, of all the time frame of the day, 7pm to 7am which are the most inactive hours of the day, to place a lockdown?
Its a known fact that by 7pm people are already retiring to their various homes. While by 7am, some are still indoors attending to chores. So, how does this in anyway curb the spread. Like how effective and of what use is this curfew?

Everyone seems to be getting more confused with the death of the Abba.
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by OdefaGirl(f): 7:34am On Apr 19, 2020
Abia will enter the list in the next three days.... cool cool
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by xrayj(m): 7:34am On Apr 19, 2020
ignis:
No state is less risky with this virus o
Anything can happen anywhere
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by dheaven: 7:35am On Apr 19, 2020
Other states should copy this model. Their system of sharing palliatives in polling units and and positioning of the security agencies step by step is a well thought out plan.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by kem4859: 7:35am On Apr 19, 2020
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by kiwi007: 7:38am On Apr 19, 2020
I think why nigerians dont understand the reason why states that are not with any cases yet are going on lockdown is because even if they keep all economy activities going on with there border shot . people from other states with covid 19 cases will find there way into those active states hence more spread of the virus without ncdc or government knowing where the rise is coming from. For instance now all those mumu heavy truck driver knows how to smuggle people and goods into different state easily ...

1 Like

Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by Sososo(f): 7:40am On Apr 19, 2020
Is this one a lockdown? That's the normal time people go to bed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Okowa Votes In Delta (photo) / President Buhari Arrives South Africa (Photos) / Nigeria Ranked Third Most Terrorised Nation In The World - GTI Reports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.