Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,454 members, 7,808,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri (6243 Views)

The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader / Olu Of Warri Kicks Out Ayiri, Revalidates Iyatsere, 10 Other Itsekiri Chiefs / Benin Was A Yoruba speaking Empire. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by gregyboy(m): 9:38pm On Apr 18, 2020
The name benin was coined by the itsekiri unlike the initial belive that would attribute it to ife, many scholars had disproved the ife-benin connections as false, there was a need to look deeper into the true history, and it happened that the Portuguese while sailing the niger coast came in contact firstly with the itsekiri who had introduced them to their superior power of the niger areas which were the edo peole as they were called at that very time, edo had gotten its name less than a century before the Portuguese arrival, the itsekiri had told the Portuguese that the benin people were very violent people and it wasn't a place to vist by visitors they had called it ile binu, land of anger which the Portuguese corrupted as benin
Egharevba who was the first benin historian in the former western region had tried to link all benin acount directly to ife, his first publication a short story of benin published 1939, was first rejected by the ibadan printing press which happen to be the only printing press in the then western region, egharevba had later gone to ulter his original works relating the benins directly to ife....

2 Likes

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by Tbasicme: 9:55pm On Apr 18, 2020
References pls

4 Likes

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by gregyboy(m): 10:15pm On Apr 18, 2020
Tbasicme:
References pls

Dont worry after my publication i will cite you the referencing
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by gregyboy(m): 10:24pm On Apr 18, 2020
Tbasicme:
References pls

If you can reference me anywere in European account were they recorded benin and ife had contact over thier 600years trading in benin

If you have any archeological record to replace documented account fine that will be nice

There is a need now to retrace our true history that was altered in the former western all in a bid to yorubanise everyone
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by googi: 2:16am On Apr 19, 2020
Gregyboy, you dey try.

Never knew you are also a comedian.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by nsiba: 7:44am On Apr 19, 2020
Tbasicme:
References pls
As told by his father, whose father told him too and father father father.....Omo u go fear fear

4 Likes

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by gregyboy(m): 8:25am On Apr 19, 2020
googi:
Gregyboy, you dey try.

Never knew you are also a comedian.

You should bring validable prove and not lament
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by gregyboy(m): 10:28am On Apr 19, 2020
nsiba:
As told by his father, whose father told him too and father father father.....Omo u go fear fear

Do you have any archeological evidence to backup Oduduwa benin history or benin - relationships with ife not later than 1800 to make it easier......

If you keep on insulting me without giving proves to debunk my claims am sorry your insult wouldn't go anywere....

It just happened that the oba of benin and the Y[b]orubas kings[/b] not oba, are playing a political war with this Oduduwa myth, this myth had been in existence amongst the yorubas rulers before the creation of western region, benin coming into the western region was force to identify and have thier own Oduduwa myth just like the other yoruba kings did, the alafin had identify himself as a true Oduduwa son and the ooni as a priest, the muslim yorubas had identify Oduduwa as coming from mecca, the oba if benin had identified Oduduwa as ekaladeran who was banished in the benin old story, this were all done for political superiority.. The oba of benin who was subsequently marginalized by the other
Rulers as not a true yoruba,
The edo had later pulled from the western region This didnt stop the political myth among the oba of benin and the other yoruba rulers,
This new political myth couldn't be checked among the benin people who would have questioned the sudden change of the benin story of ekaladeran to ife and not ughoton as initially was suppose to be... The oba of benin had sovereignty over historian who wanted to write benin history before publication, by that way the truth was not left out uptill date....

This is the politics behind the benin Oduduwa myth, this is not to say there is also no politics behind Oduduwa story amongst the yoruba rulers, if Oduduwa truely exist then it is only indigenous to only the yorubas and is only them that can fiquare out the myth behind Oduduwa existence

1 Like

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by nsiba: 10:37am On Apr 19, 2020
gregyboy:

Do you have any archeological evidence to backup Oduduwa benin history or benin - relationships with ife not later than 1800 to make it easier......

If you keep on insulting me without giving proves to debunk my claims am sorry your insult wouldn't go anywere....

It just happened that the oba of benin and the Y[b]orubas kings[/b] not oba, are playing a political war with this Oduduwa myth, this myth had been in existence amongst the yorubas rulers before the creation of western region, benin coming into the western region was force to identify and have thier own Oduduwa myth just like the other yoruba kings did, the alafin had identify himself as a true Oduduwa son and the ooni as a priest, the muslim yorubas had identify Oduduwa as coming from mecca, the oba if benin had identified Oduduwa as ekaladeran who was banished in the benin old story, this were all done for political superiority.. The oba of benin who was subsequently marginalized by the other
The edo had later pulled from the western region This didnt stop the political myth among the oba of benin and the other yoruba rulers,
This new political myth couldn't be checked among the benin people who would have questioned the sudden change of the benin story of ekaladeran to ife and not ughoton as initially was suppose to be... The oba of benin had sovereignty over historian who wanted to write benin history before publication, by that way the truth was not left out uptill date....

This is the politics behind the benin Oduduwa myth, this is not to say there is also no politics behind Oduduwa story amongst the yoruba rulers, if Oduduwa truely exist then it is only indigenous to only the yorubas and is only them that can fiquare out the myth behind Oduduwa existence

Plz treat malaria parasite ASAP

6 Likes

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by gregyboy(m): 11:11am On Apr 19, 2020
nsiba:

Plz treat malaria parasite ASAP

As expected, from people who peddle lies as truth,
You wouldn't bring evidence but bring insult
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by babtoundey(m): 12:28pm On Apr 19, 2020
gregyboy:

This guy is a clown. You raised a claim. Someone requires validation and your flare back at the person, telling him to provide evidence for so, so, and so.

Anyways, I believe you, since it is your granddad that told you so. Isn't that enough evidence. Let's assume the rest of us start referencing our father and fathers' father as the source of our history, what do you will become of history? There is a clear difference between history and story. You cherish the latter and loathe the former.

7 Likes

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by sooperrescue(m): 1:06pm On Apr 19, 2020
gregyboy:

As expected, from people who peddle lies as truth,
You wouldn't bring evidence but bring insult
Please, lahor, go ahead with your research. I am very interested to know more about us. Along the way, any assistance that is needed will be provided. I have been curious to know why the first Oba will come from ife if we don't have any relationship with ife? I have not been oppurtuned to read Oba Erediauwa's book, your obedient servant and if you know where I can get a copy, do let me know. I will also suggest this book, Benin, city of blood, written by one of the British invasion personnel. I have not seen it anywhere except on Amazon. God will give you the strength to unravel the truth.

1 Like

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by illicit(m): 2:49pm On Apr 19, 2020
Ile ibinu means land of anger in Yoruba

5 Likes

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by gregyboy(m): 5:37pm On Apr 19, 2020
babtoundey:

This guy is a clown. You raised a claim. Someone requires validation and your flare back at the person, telling him to provide evidence for so, so, and so.

Anyways, I believe you, since it is your granddad that told you so. Isn't that enough evidence. Let's assume the rest of us start referencing our father and fathers' father as the source of our history, what do you will become of history? There is a clear difference between history and story. You cherish the latter and loathe the former.

Before 1900, the benins had always maintained ekaladeran escape to ughoton, were he left to an unknown place before the arrival of the benin chiefs who came to take back eweka,
There is no need to emphasize on my grandfather tales, maybe i should show a pdf my grandfather didn't right
IJTP: http://escipub.com/international-journal-of-trade-and-policy/ 4

Fig. 1: Map of Benin Kingdom in the 19th Century showing the location of Ughoton.
Source: A.F.C. Ryder, Benin and the Europeans (London: Longman, 1969)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://escipub.com/Articles/IJTP/IJTP-2018-09-0501&ved=2ahUKEwjfo6zg3_ToAhUWSBUIHTgnAQYQFjAMegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw2J4x2eUB8zzJzN_EcRDOIy

There is no need dwelling in the political myth our obas created, if only you will read and do your research with a pure heart you will see beyond the lies......

Most of you yorubas knows the truth it was a fellow yoruba on the other thread who brought most of the truth to light

https://www.nairaland.com/5761595/benin-kingdom-edo-state-remained

Go back to our previous thread if you forgot so soon it was your brother's who exposed the game behind the politics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by gregyboy(m): 6:37pm On Apr 19, 2020
sooperrescue:

Please, lahor, go ahead with your research. I am very interested to know more about us. Along the way, any assistance that is needed will be provided. I have been curious to know why the first Oba will come from ife if we don't have any relationship with ife? I have not been oppurtuned to read Oba Erediauwa's book, your obedient servant and if you know where I can get a copy, do let me know. I will also suggest this book, Benin, city of blood, written by one of the British invasion personnel. I have not seen it anywhere except on Amazon. God will give you the strength to unravel the truth.

If you have time follow this thread many things have been said there, this is just an offshoot threads of that very thread
Save time to follow it.....

And this too

https://www.nairaland.com/5713629/main-reasons-yoruba-not-enlisted

Benin history was amended in the early 1900 to future ife relationship with benin,
Oba Akenzua did so in the former western region so that he could be elevated as the topmost ruler amongst the yoruba kings, he sided with egharevba the benin first historian to rewrite the original ekaladeran story of benin, he also took side with alafin of oyo to rewrite Oduduwa history so that the ooni will be disposed, the alafin of oyo later told the British the ooni was just a servant to Oduduwa that he himself was the original heir to Oduduwa, the alafin had his own agenda to also be the topmost ruler in the western region he later slyed the oba of benin, when he saw both of thier plans wouldn't work against the ooni of ife, mind you the oba of benin initially and no historical ties with Oduduwa he only came into the political game after the creation of westeen region so he wasn't accepted as yoruba, everything backfired against him even egharevba was forced by ibadan printing press to edit the cooked up story about Oduduwa to favour it to ife, egharevba needed to proceed in his acedemic career after the edited publication by egharevba he got famous and he was given admission to study for his phd in university of ibadan, he had written that benins migrated from ife and postulated the orun oba ado stories were oba heads were carried to be buried in ife, he forgot benin history was documented by many European historians
Despite the oba of benin failed plans the marginalization by the yoruba people increased, he had to request for the pulling out of the western region, awolowo rejected it, it took the help of him and other top politicians that made it possible if not benins would have been fully yorubanise by now

Here is a foreign author who wrote about the relationship between benin and ife in his conclusions he found out that there was no inital connection between both ife and benin that if there was any connections it possibly sprang up in the creation of nigeria,and that the Portuguese never recorded any form of relationship between both party during thier 600years visiting benin

This is just one of the authors who totally disagree on the benin and ife connection

You have to do your own research

My next research would be on the origin of benin were we binis migrated from, after that i can rwrite an article on benin history

1 Like

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by Moneywomen17(m): 6:57pm On Apr 19, 2020
Cc: Goke7
I have been banned from the politics thread and they even deleted some fact to counter the nonsense anambra son is posting. Shame on nairaland for picking sides when I am merely just posting facts.
Cc: Covidodo
Cc:candidtalk

3 Likes

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by Moneywomen17(m): 7:01pm On Apr 19, 2020
Cc: Obamaofusa
I have stats to destroy what anambra 1st son regarding education. He is being dishonest deliberately.

2 Likes

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by Obamaofusa: 7:15pm On Apr 19, 2020
Moneywomen17:
I have stats to destroy what anambra 1st son regarding education. He is being dishonest deliberately.

I have already decimated him. smiley

3 Likes

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by sooperrescue(m): 8:17pm On Apr 19, 2020
gregyboy:

If you have time follow this thread many things have been said there, this are just offshoot threads of the this thread,
Save time to follow it.....

And this too

https://www.nairaland.com/5713629/main-reasons-yoruba-not-enlisted

Benin history was amended in the early 1900 to future ife relationship with benin,
Oba Akenzua did so in the former western region so that he could be elevated as the topmost ruler amongst the yoruba kings, he sided with egharevba the benin first historian to rewrite the original ekaladeran story of benin, he also took side with alafin of oyo to rewrite Oduduwa history so that the ooni will be disposed, the alafin of oyo later told the British the ooni was just a servant to Oduduwa that he himself was the original heir to Oduduwa, the alafin had his own agenda to also be the topmost ruler in the western region he later slyed the oba of benin, when he saw both of thier plans wouldn't work against the ooni of ife, mind you the oba of benin initially and no historical ties with Oduduwa he only came into the political game after the creation of westeen region so he wasn't accepted as yoruba, everything backfired against him even egharevba was forced by ibadan printing press to edit the cooked up story about Oduduwa to favour it to ife, egharevba needed to proceed in his acedemic career after the edited publication by egharevba he got famous and he was given admission to study for his phd in university of ibadan, he had written that benins migrated from ife and postulated the orun oba ado stories were oba heads were carried to be buried in ife, he forgot benin history was documented by many European historians
Despite the oba of benin failed plans the marginalization by the yoruba people increased, he had to request for the pulling out of the western region, awolowo rejected it, it took the help of him and other top politicians that made it possible if not benins would have been fully yorubanise by now

Here is a foreign author who wrote about the relationship between benin and ife in his conclusions he found out that there was no inital connection between both ife and benin that if there was any connections it possibly sprang up in the creation of nigeria,and that the Portuguese never recorded any form of relationship between both party during thier 600years visiting benin

This is just one of the authors who totally disagree on the benin and ife connection

You have to do your own research

My next research would be on the origin of benin were we binis migrated from, after that i can rwrite an article on benin history

I am impressed. I am even on the other thread right now. The origin of the Binis will take you to the Bible where you will see that our traditions and culture are in the Bible. The first one is the altar of earth that is erected to offer sacrifice, the second is circumcision, and the most powerful one is the promise land that drinks the rains from heaven. It is not like the irrigated garden but drink the rain from heaven. When Palestine jews were boasting about growing things in the desert by irrigation, it showed that it was not the promised land that the Lord spied on.
More grace to you for this important task that you have undertaken. I share in your zeal. Koyo
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by gregyboy(m): 8:29pm On Apr 19, 2020
sooperrescue:

I am impressed. I am even on the other thread right now. The origin of the Binis will take you to the Bible where you will see that our traditions and culture are in the Bible. The first one is the altar of earth that is erected to offer sacrifice, the second is circumcision, and the most powerful one is the promise land that drinks the rains from heaven. It is not like the irrigated garden but drink the rain from heaven. When Palestine jews were boasting about growing things in the desert by irrigation, it showed that it was not the promised land that the Lord spied on.
More grace to you for this important task that you have undertaken. I share in your zeal. Koyo

Tracing our origin to the bible or European would be ridiculous....
As far as i can connect we migrated not too far from the niger benue region
We have to do a carefull studies of those areas

The Bible is foreign element, even the benins rejected it at is first arrival

3 Likes

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by sooperrescue(m): 9:29pm On Apr 19, 2020
gregyboy:

Tracing our origin to the bible or European would be ridiculous....
As far as i can connect we migrated not too far from the niger benue region
We have to do a carefull studies of those areas

The Bible is foreign element, even the benins rejected it at is first arrival
The research that you are undertaking now is the same task that you should do to the Bible. The Europeans that brought the bible to us do not pay dowry before they marry, they do not circumcise, the promised land that they were telling us that Israelites were led to was a land that drinks rain from heaven. Egharevba said we came from Egypt and came to settle in our present location.The House of Judah in the Bible is the same as Benin Kingdom. The next king is known on the day he is born while the house of Israel is like the other tribes in Nigeria like the Ooni, Emir and Sultan who are by selection. It is only Judah that has a house of the Lord but you hardly find out a place dedicated to God in Israel and other parts of Nigeria except idols. The red earth altars that we have in almost all houses in Benin was commanded in the bible. We were told to offer our sacrifices on the red earth altar. The token of virginity, the spirit of jealousy where a priest is commanded to give water with curses to a woman whose husband is suspecting her of going aside, the scapegoat, the inheritance of the first son of his father's house. All these and many more are in the Bible that the white man brought but they do not adhere to any of these laws. It is akin to the yorubas trying to rewrite our history but found out that the more they try, the whole thing points out their lies easily. The twelve tribes of Israel, two tribes stayed beyond the river. Gad and Rueben and the others crossed the river. The Ibos are those who stayed beyond the river. Rueben is the ancestor of the Ibos and Gad too. In the land of the Ibos,they still recognise those who are from Gad there but the truth is that the curse of Jacob is still on them and it is evident that though they have strength and are industrious, they can never excel. The racism in Ibo land is higher than that of the White America and the Blacks. Anambra people looks down on other States as not worthy to intermarry with them. The Nubians,( the South Sudan) are almost similar to Jos and Taraba people. The babylonians destroyed the King"s house and the temple in the Bible and carted away precious artefacts and the same thing happened in Benin where they burnt the house of God and destroyed the palace and carted away many artefacts that are visible in almost all the countries in the world today.
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by gregyboy(m): 9:57pm On Apr 19, 2020
sooperrescue:

The research that you are undertaking now is the same task that you should do to the Bible. The Europeans that brought the bible to us do not pay dowry before they marry, they do not circumcise, the promised land that they were telling us that Israelites were led to was a land that drinks rain from heaven. Egharevba said we came from Egypt and came to settle in our present location.The House of Jadah in the Bible is the same as Benin Kingdom. The next king is known on the day he is born while the house of Israel is like the other tribes in Nigeria like the Ooni, Emir and Sultan who are by selection. It is only Judah that has a house of the Lord but you hardly find out a place dedicated to God in Israel and other parts of Nigeria except idols. The red earth that we have in almost all houses in Benin was commanded in the bible. We were told to offer our sacrifices on the red earth. The token of virginity, the spirit of jealousy where a priest is commanded to give water with curses to a woman whose husband is suspecting her of going aside, the scapegoat, the inheritance of the first son of his father's house. All these and many more are in the Bible that the white man brought but they do not adhere to any of these laws. It is akin to the yorubas trying to rewrite our history but found out that the more they try, the whole thing points out their lies easily. The twelve tribes of Israel, two tribes stayed beyond the river. Gad and Rueben and the others crossed the river. The Ibos are those who stayed beyond the river. Rueben is the ancestor of the Ibos and Gad too. In the land of the Ibos,they still recognise those who are from Gad there but the truth is that the curse of Jacob is still on them and it is evident that though they have strength and are industrious, they can never excel. The racism in Ibo land is higher than that of the White America and the Blacks. Anambra people looks down on other States as not worthy to intermarry with them. The Nubians,( the South Sudan) are almost similar to Jos and Taraba people. The babylonians destroyed the King"s house and the temple in the Bible and carted away precious artefacts and the same thing happened in Benin where they burnt the house of God and destroyed the palace and carted away many artefacts that are visible in almost all the countries in the world today.

You could just say we came from God or we migrated from god,
I work on fact and not claims
Egharevba wrote 36 book there about, all the 33
Books were saying different things, egharevba was influenced to write, he was never a researcher he wrote out of necessity and influence
Godluck!! sourcing benin history from far away
All my findings are all in nigeria here

I will prefer you telling me the whiteman or the Israelite migrated from benin afterall life started from africa........

Even if you want to trace benin to the jews or the Bible, you start tracing it, from the nearest location of those people and from those people to the next people you dont just accelerate to a far-away location and skip the closest surroundings, migration is a step by step process there are no longchain migration....

Even If you want to trace benin to isreal, you dont start from isreal, you begin your tracing from the closet neighbor to the benins in nigeria then to benin repulic, and so on

This is why we were fooled initially by benin-ife political myth because we failed to think for ourselves

I advice you drop that benin migration from isreal, rather say isreal migrated from benin better
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by MetaPhysical: 2:13am On Apr 20, 2020
[s]
gregyboy:

[/s]

Oba is in Yorubaland. Your monarch is Omo Oba....a descendant of Oba!

7 Likes

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by gregyboy(m): 7:31am On Apr 20, 2020
MetaPhysical:
[s][/s]

Oba is in Yorubaland. Your monarch is Omo Oba....a descendant of Oba!

Full of crap i have already explained the word oba was borrowed by the yorubas from benin
Owo practices the benins art techniques would you now say we borrowed it from owo, the truth is through out history benins have always been an influencer over the yoruba areas,
Just dont come here and post trash the title oba is indigenous to the benins, we ruled and conquered yoruba territories our kings title oba grew popular over the yoruba areas,

Why would you be disputing this fact when i can count more than 10 benin descendants ruling as kings in yoruba land

Or would you say because kwara is having an emir, then the title emir came from the yorubas
If it is not a know fact emir is an islamic title, you and your cohorts will attributes it as an indigenous yoruba title

2 Likes

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 20, 2020
Moneywomen17:

Lol

He is telling you guys the blunt fact
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by lx3as(m): 7:51am On Apr 20, 2020
You need to rest a bit before turning to a comedian.. because intelligence is not hidden.

Have you taken time to find out origin of Itsekiri people before this childish thread?

3 Likes

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by gregyboy(m): 7:58am On Apr 20, 2020
lx3as:
You need to rest a bit before turning to a comedian.. because intelligence is not hidden.

Have you taken time to find out origin of Itsekiri people before this childish thread?

They are yorubas, and they were our closest neighbors who came also in contact with the Europeans and were overlord by the benins too
If anyone is going to identify as ile ibinu is going to be them not the non existence Oduduwa of guy abi oromiyan
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by valirex: 11:24am On Apr 20, 2020
gregyboy:
The name benin was coined by the itsekiri unlike the initial belive that would attribute it to ife, many scholars had disproved the ife-benin connections as false, there was a need to look deeper into the true history, and it happened that the Portuguese while sailing the niger coast came in contact firstly with the itsekiri who had introduced them to their superior power who preceded over them which were the edo peole as they were called at that very time, edo had gotten its name less than a century before the Portuguese arrival, the itsekiri had told the described to the Portuguese that the benin people were very violent people and its not a place the Portuguese would want to venture into the they had called it ile binu, land of anger which the Portuguese corrupted as benin
Egharevba who was the first benin historian in the former western region had tried to link all benin acount directly to ife, his first publication a short story of benin published 1939, was first rejected by the ibadan printing press which happen to be the only printing press in the then western region, egharevba had later gone to ulter his original works relating the benins directly to ife....

You're 100% correct
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by MetaPhysical: 1:18pm On Apr 20, 2020
[[s]quote author=gregyboy post=88640784]

Full of crap i have already explained the word oba was borrowed by the yorubas from benin
Owo practices the benins art techniques would you now say we borrowed it from owo, the truth is through out history benins have always been an influencer over the yoruba areas,
Just dont come here and post trash the title oba is indigenous to the benins, we ruled and conquered yoruba territories our kings title oba grew popular over the yoruba areas,

Why would you be disputing this fact when i can count more than 10 benin descendants ruling as kings in yoruba land

Or would you say because kwara is having an emir, then the title emir came from the yorubas
If it is not a know fact emir is an islamic title, you and your cohorts will attributes it as an indigenous yoruba title[/quote][/s]

What does OMO mean in Edo language?

1 Like

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by gregyboy(m): 2:31pm On Apr 20, 2020
MetaPhysical:
[[s]quote author=gregyboy post=88640784]

If it is not a know fact emir is an islamic title, you and your cohorts will attributes it as an indigenous yoruba title[/s]

What does OMO mean in Edo language?

Guy you they Bleep up, even if i have to answer this it wont change anything,
I bent to make the truth know to everyone on this forum

You cant be countering my claims again with such questions the tables has changed the truth is out, accept it and keep shut

Or bring validable prove if there was any between ife and benin in the past

In the other thread you ran and left your brother TAO11 to defend for the yorubas, it was a pity on his part because he left With Shame to sort out more information for himself though he was defending on lies but he made a good effort

You should be ashamed you want to defend the yoruba history but you don't even know them yourself talkless of the benin history.....

While people are quoting scholars, articles and bring raw fact to explain realities you my friend
Will be asking foolish questions.....

You are always fond of whisking away.....

My advice to you is to go and read articles fron both your people and that of edos....
Because youre not only embrassing yourself alone but the entire yorubas too

It so painful that in the previous thread you didnt say upto 10 words in a thread of 45 pages, you kept on repeating one thing, you didnt even cite any articles to back your claims

It is not by force to defend your tribe but if you're doing it do it with good effort

If you so love benin history so much that you want to find all means to attach yorubas to it, you wont suceed, why not go make history for the yoruba people, democracy has given power to the majority than the minorites why not take that chance and make a better history instead of attaching. you guys are always fond off,
You yorubas will attach yourselves to the north for political power and attach yourself to the edos for historical gains.......

The edos are the most successful minority group in nigeria, and they are brazing higher to catch up the three big tribe if not for the population we don't have probably the three big tribe wouldn't have been a threat,
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by Obamaofusa: 8:51pm On Apr 20, 2020
gregyboy:

Guy you they Bleep up, even if i have to answer this it wont change anything,
I bent to make the truth know to everyone on this forum

You cant be countering my claims again with such questions the tables has changed the truth is out, accept it and keep shut

Or bring validable prove if there was any between ife and benin in the past

In the other thread you ran and left your brother TAO11 to defend for the yorubas, it was a pity on his part because he left With Shame to sort out more information for himself though he was defending on lies but he made a good effort

You should be ashamed you want to defend the yoruba history but you don't even know them yourself talkless of the benin history.....

While people are quoting scholars, articles and bring raw fact to explain realities you my friend
Will be asking foolish questions.....

You are always fond of whisking away.....

My advice to you is to go and read articles fron both your people and that of edos....
Because youre not only embrassing yourself alone but the entire yorubas too

It so painful that in the previous thread you didnt say upto 10 words in a thread of 45 pages, you kept on repeating one thing, you didnt even cite any articles to back your claims

It is not by force to defend your tribe but if you're doing it do it with good effort

If you so love benin history so much that you want to find all means to attach yorubas to it, you wont suceed, why not go make history for the yoruba people, democracy has given power to the majority than the minorites why not take that chance and make a better history instead of attaching. you guys are always fond off,
You yorubas will attach yourselves to the north for political power and attach yourself to the edos for historical gains.......

The edos are the most successful minority group in nigeria, and they are brazing higher to catch up the three big tribe if not for the population we don't have probably the three big tribe wouldn't have been a threat,

Why this long story,sir?

He, just like me want to know the meaning of OMO in Bini language.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's The Ibo-yoruba-bini Connection? / Nigeria: Robberies - 100 Killed And Still Counting / Traditional Marriage Issues?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.