Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,978 members, 7,806,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian (28728 Views)

What Will Happen To Anyone Who Rejects The Words Of Jesus On Judgement Day / Who Is The Judge On The Judgement Day? / What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by xamuell: 11:04am On Apr 19, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Not everyone will suffer for their sins on Earth.
Maybe that's why there's purgatory
pls can you give any biblical proof of purgatory? That has been a controversial issue
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by 1stola: 11:08am On Apr 19, 2020
Telemon:
And why do you disagree?
Guess you also read from another "story book".
Because you can't be too sure just because a book says it.
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Jokerman(m): 11:11am On Apr 19, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Not everyone will suffer for their sins on Earth.
Maybe that's why there's purgatory

No purgatory mentioned anywhere in the Bible dear
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Alexaonfleek: 11:11am On Apr 19, 2020
unstoppable51:

Here's a well detailed answer to the question you raised: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/04/what-will-happen-to-those-who-died-without-hearing-gospel.html
But what about Matthew 7 vs 21 that says 'not everyone who calls me Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven but only those who does the will of my father'
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by 1stola: 11:11am On Apr 19, 2020
[s]
xamuell:
You are also making an assumption that the Bible is wrong. Get your facts right before you judge. I understand your views on the bible but God loves you no matter what. The bible has done nothing but inspire hope. It has delivered people from fear which is a great torment. God never forsakes those who trust in him. If you truly believe and then ask for the Holy Spirit you shall understand the source of our hope and faith. For you shall experience peace that surpasses all understanding. What you don't understand, makes no sense to take a stand. May the peace of the Lord be upon you, In Jesus name, Amen.
[/s]
No facts.

Just being a smoothie...
Keep it up
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by 1stola: 11:12am On Apr 19, 2020
Votukpa:

You're on the wrong thread pal.

Quite frankly.
You have no point!
You've made no sense.
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Telemon(m): 11:15am On Apr 19, 2020
1stola:

But you sound sure about your own believe. And that makes me wonder.
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Telemon(m): 11:18am On Apr 19, 2020
1stola:

And again This same book spoke about lots of things that will happen here on Earth. Are they not happening? well my answer is as good as yours.
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by unstoppable51(m): 11:19am On Apr 19, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
But what about Matthew 7 vs 21 that says 'not everyone who calls me Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven but only those who does the will of my father'

It's important to see how he specifically pointed out the "will of the Father"

This Matthew 7:21 has also been well explained here: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/03/lord-have-we-not-prophesied-in-your.html
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by 1stola: 11:20am On Apr 19, 2020
Telemon:
But you sound sure about your own believe. And that makes me wonder.
Not all.
I just perceived a stench of nativity and ignorance in your post...
Please tell about Jesus... cool
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by hopefulLandlord: 11:20am On Apr 19, 2020
Arkmanbuddy:

Read through what you just typed again and see if there's any sense in it.

I understand you can't see any sense in it since life is difficult for the blind
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Alexaonfleek: 11:20am On Apr 19, 2020
[quote author=Jokerman post=88611493]

No purgatory mentioned anywhere in the Bible dear[/quote‭https://m.ncregister.com/blog/darmstrong/25-descriptive-and-clear-bible-passages-about-purgatory
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Folabiw8: 11:21am On Apr 19, 2020
All what u said about jurdement day is rubbish. U have know certain knowledge about that its beyound any christian to explain that day because ur bible no notting about the day.
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by 1stola: 11:23am On Apr 19, 2020
Telemon:
And again This same book spoke about lots of things that will happen here on Earth. Are they not happening? well my answer is as good as yours.
Please tell about those things that you Bible spoke of that so many other religious books that even existed many years before the Bible didn't predict too.

It's all careful permutations and assumptions in junk pile.
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by kokomilala(m): 11:23am On Apr 19, 2020
Christians should reflect on John 5:24 and Revelations 20 : 11-15.
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Alexaonfleek: 11:24am On Apr 19, 2020
unstoppable51:

It's important to see how he specifically pointed out the "will of the Father"

This Matthew 7:21 has also been well explained here: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/03/lord-have-we-not-prophesied-in-your.html
wow
okay thanks for clarifying this
I've never really looked at things from this angle before
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Liposure: 11:25am On Apr 19, 2020
Repent of your sins
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Telemon(m): 11:30am On Apr 19, 2020
1stola:

Not all.
I just perceived a stench of nativity and ignorance in your post...
Please tell about Jesus... cool
I guess I don't need to tell you about Jesus.why?
you already know about him but one form of spirit wants you to keep doubting His Existence. I pray that spirit leaves you sooner than later.
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Telemon(m): 11:31am On Apr 19, 2020
1stola:

Please tell about those things that you Bible spoke of that so many other religious books that even existed many years before the Bible didn't predict too.

It's all careful permutations and assumptions in junk pile.
examples of such books please.
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by unstoppable51(m): 11:32am On Apr 19, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
wow
okay thanks for clarifying this
I've never really looked at things from this angle before

You're welcome sis. The main reason we often don't see things clearly when we read the scriptures is because we mostly read it without paying real attention to details.

God bless your willing heart. Nothing is as beautiful as a heart that is always willing to learn.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by 1stola: 11:32am On Apr 19, 2020
Telemon:
I guess I don't need to tell you about Jesus.why?
you already know about him but one form of spirit wants you to keep doubting His Existence. I pray that spirit leaves you sooner than later.
Seriously, I want you to tell me about him.
I want to know please grin

What was his colour and race...
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by 1stola: 11:37am On Apr 19, 2020
Telemon:
examples of such books please.
FEED YOURSELF!
NB: Many of these books existed before Jesus and the Bible

Religion population and BOOKS

Hinduism (1 billion followers) - The Vedas
Buddhism (376 million followers) - Tripitaka (Pali Canon)
Sikhism (23 million followers) - Guru Granth Sahib
Judaism (14 million followers) - The Hebrew Bible (Old Testament)
Bahá’í (7 million followers) - Kitáb-i-Aqdas
Jainism (4.2 million followers) - Agam Sutras
Etc
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by InvertedHammer: 11:47am On Apr 19, 2020
unstoppable51:
Have you ever heard about the Judgement Day as a Christian? What did you hear about it?

There are very few messages I know that strike as much fear in the hearts of “Christians” as the message of the “Judgement Day”.

The reason is because some christians have been made to believe that the judgement day is a day that is full of uncertainties. That is, you can’t be sure of what to expect that day.

They have also been told that the judgement which will take place that day is based on our human performance. If you do enough good works, then God would probably have pity on you on that day and not cast you into hell. If you are not careful the way you go about your christian life, you would see the other side of Him.

Some have even been told that on that day, God will display all the sins you have ever committed on a big TV Screen for the whole world to watch. Imagine such foolishness. How can the same God that said in 2 Corinthians 5:19, Hebrews 8:12 and Hebrews 10:17, that He doesn’t record your sins and will never remember them against you, go back on His Word?

All these notions above, are just some of the un-biblical teachings people have been fed about the judgement day. As long as you hold strongly to such notions, the devil, the accuser of brethren, will keep using them to take away your joy and keep you in bondage to fear. Especially when you have not been at your best behaviour.

Everytime you hear that the Judgement Day is coming, your whole body will shiver. You will think of all the negative things you’ve done and not see any reason why you won’t end up in Hell. All because you believe it is a day your behavioural script will be marked and in your own eyes you scored 0/100.

What really is the judgement day and how is it going to look like?

The judgement day is simply a day in which God would separate those who received His life through Faith in His Son Jesus, from those who didn’t. Those who didn’t believe in Him (Jesus), will be separated eternally from Him and the saints. Having been separated from His presence, they shall be utterly destroyed (Hell).
Concerning that day, here Is what apostle John wrote to us as believers.

1Jn 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
1Jn 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
1Jn 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
1Jn 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Did you notice how he went on from verse 15 to explain something about the man in Christ i.e the believer today?

He says God LIVES WITHIN him. He has been made PERFECT in God’s love and would have BOLDNESS on the day on Judgement.

So on that day of judgement, we won’t be approaching the judge of the whole world with fear, timidity or shyness. We won’t have to shy away from His presence because we are not holy or righteous enough. We won’t be approaching Him with anything fear. You know why?

That is because as Jesus IS, so are WE in this present world.

The question now is, how is Jesus presently?
Well Jesus is RIGHTEOUS, HOLY and WELL-PLEASING (acceptable) to the father.

That simply means as believers, we are RIGHTEOUS, HOLY and ACCEPTABLE or WELL-PLEASING to the Father also.

2Co 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

As Christ IS, is how we are now and will forever be. That’s why we would have BOLDNESS/CONFIDENCE to stand before Him on that great day of judgement. That is what the Bible teaches.

Look at that verse 17 and 18 of 1 John 4 one more time.

1Jn 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
1Jn 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Notice how it is clearly explained that God doesn’t want you to live in fear of that day. If you are still afraid of that day, it simply means you have not been made perfect in the love of God. You are yet to understand fully how much God loves you. You are yet to understand all that He has done for you in Christ. You are yet to understand who you are in Christ!

Yes the judgement day is coming but Jesus got you covered as a believer. Unlike what is popularly believed out there, your sins are not going to be displayed for the whole world to see and judge your level of performance. You are not going there to be judged by your works but rather your faith in Christ.

The only time you will ever be judged for your works as a believer is at the Judgement Seat of Christ. This is after you have gone to heaven.

That is where you will receive the reward for the good works you have done here on earth. If you have no good works on your account then, you will certainly have no reward from Him. Though you will still be in heaven. That is because heaven is not a reward for our good we have done. It is a gift we receive by faith in Christ.

Left for us, there is no amount of good works we can do that will be enough for us to enter there.

So, the last day or the day of Judgement, is the day in which God will judge the whole world. And on that day, only one thing will matter - Faith in Christ.

Have you believed in Jesus as your Saviour from sin and condemnation or are you still struggling very hard on your own to please God?
Do not forget that I said on that day ONLY ONE THING will matter. Not your religion, church or good works. Only faith in Christ. That is what will determine the outcome of your judgement.
That is the truth about the Judgement Day. That is what the Bible truly teaches!

Having received Christ as our Lord and saviour, we BOLDLY await that day!

I hope this blesses you.

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/09/the-truth-about-judgement-day.html
/
I am happy now that you are right and everyone else who read the same Bible is wrong.

Why are humans preempting God? Did God tell you this like every other pastor littering the Nigerian religious space claims? What makes you believe that the Bible holds the absolute truth?

\
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by nnaeyes6: 11:50am On Apr 19, 2020
Please STOP MUSLIMS FROM COMMENTING ON CHRISTIAN PAGE
thanks.

U can't block ISLAM PAGE WITH THE SLOGAN "ACCEPT MOHAMMED BLA BLA BLA and comment" and don't do same to CHRISTIAN PAGE.

After all, Who Knows Mohammed and who him epp?
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Michoous: 11:52am On Apr 19, 2020
Are u saying that all humans must die first before they are judged? This is completely preposterous!!

The bible says after death comes judgment but the same bible says that when the messiah come the dead will rise from their graves and they all be judge

Pls explain this to me[/quote]
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Michoous: 11:54am On Apr 19, 2020
The bible says after death comes judgment but the same bible says that when the messiah come the dead will rise from their graves and they all be judge

Pls explain this to me[/quote]

Are u saying that all humans must die first before they are judged? This is completely preposterous!!
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 19, 2020
The scripture is so simple.~ Reinhard Bonnke. That is, it is not burdensome and difficult to understand.

The write ups are well truthfully explained, but it confuses whose minds are still unregenerated and reprobate. Teachings of gift of God (grace of Jesus Christ) without the physical presentation of the law through the working power and fruit of Holy Spirit is an unbalance teaching.

First of ALL, Jesus Christ is NOT coming to rapture the denominations but His church i.e true redeemed, purified, and sanctified saints in Him. NO DENOMINATION IN HEAVEN, therefore being a member of denomination is not an automatic ticket to heaven.

If a Christian claims he knows Him (meaning born of His Spirit) and does not keep His commandments is a liar. Therefore, this write ups, if not properly presented and balanced, gives false hope of eternal life to the unredeemed and unregenerated. Many church goers are afraid because they are yet to know Him, reason Paul said he knew where he's going, to recieve crown of life.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 19, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
So are you trying to say that people who believe in God and Jesus Christ but have done terrible things will go to heaven?

People who have cheated others of their rights
People who have killed
etc

Op I'm not understanding your post.
How do you understand the word "believe"?.
Believing is doing and not hearing.
Someone going to church doesn't make that person a believer.
A believer isn't necessarily a religious person,but one who does the right thing.
An atheist can be a believer by his actions,that is why Jesus gave a parable about the Good Samaritan.
It is not those who have the law that are declared righteous in God's sight,but those who obey the law that will be declared righteous
Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Telemon(m): 12:02pm On Apr 19, 2020
1stola:

Seriously, I want you to tell me about him.
I want to know please grin

What was his colour and race...
Well I don't need to answer that question because it shows no sincerity.But for posterity, Jesus is the Beginning and the End.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Jozzy4: 12:04pm On Apr 19, 2020
Xucxex1997:

Pls explain this to me

Read the entire bible ... None of those whom Jesus raised from death claimed to have been judged, Jesus even mention that Lazarus IS SLEEPING . So the verse is not mentioning immediate judgement after death .

But which judgement ? Act 17:31 answers ' GOD HAS SET A DAY to judge the entire earth.

This comes after all the dead have risen from their graves or sleep as Jesus said. So its not contradictory , There is a judgement day but its after the dead have risen. For now they are sleeping

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Ebubenwa042(m): 12:11pm On Apr 19, 2020
Amen God bless you

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian by Jozzy4: 12:13pm On Apr 19, 2020
Damisam93:

Good morning Xucxex1997, The bible is ever true, the truth itself the perfect and absolute will of the father. The two quote from the bible are valid
All we need is the holyspirit to interpret some bible passage to us and using head knowledge or the mind is inadequate. When someone die in sins without repentance judgment comes immediately and this can be seen in Luke 16:22-23

And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
Luke 16:23‭-‬24 KJV

Don't quote what you dont understand... This is what happen when u take a parable as reality , Emphasis on " cool my tongue " , are you aware you just said people go to hellfire with their FLESHLY TONGUE ?? Explain yourself here cos it contradict the baseless assumption that the man in this story is a dead spirit. A spirit has no flesh.

Judgment is administered to a sinner and cast into hell fire although hellfire is not the final resting phase, lake of fire is but that not the issue now. However for the dead rising from the grave means that when Jesus finally descend mid-air in the heavens, definitely we have some Saint that has died before so they will rise from there unconscious state(not in bodily form) and ascend to meet Jesus. Also when Jesus come, there will probably be some humans living at that particular moment in time, and we will have believers and sinners alike but the part of the sinner is judge already so the Saint present at that moment will ascend too after the dead Saint who were believers (born again when alive) ascend first.

I hope this explains the question.

You guys pervert scripture
If you are correct , how come those who died in the SEA are not in this hellfire ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mike Bamiloye Dancing At His Daughter, Darasimi's Wedding / 'Pastor Delivers Lady With Womb Tied By Friend Via Wedding Gift' - Facebook User / Mountain Of Fire Pastor Dupes A Widow In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.