Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding (64691 Views)

Abba Kyari And Geoffrey Onyeama In The 70s (Throwback Photo) / Abba Kyari: Was Kemi Olunloyo Right About Death In Aso Rock? / Geoffrey Onyeama And Lawyer's Whatsapp Conversation Intercepted At The UN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by olaric(m): 1:15pm On Apr 19, 2020
43 years as friends, yet you guys could not advise each other to build and equip hospitals. You guys must have been lying to each other all those years; not see where this has landed your friend.

10 Likes

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by BENARI: 1:16pm On Apr 19, 2020
AdaoraNK:
Mr Goeffrey all these you said about him being detribalized and a Nigerian global citizen would have been true if he had persuaded his master not to treat the SE/SS votes to him as medium of devpment to those regions.

He was nice to you because your parents were rich, you both have opportunity to study in far away country and so you became friends.

The late chief of staff together with his boss practically marginalized SS/SE both in appointments and infrastructure.

If not for oil in SS there own would be worse.

So Mr Onyema, he is detribalized to rich Nigerians hence you have retained your position for 5 years now.

I see sense in what you've written.

Abba was nice to him on personal grounds. I can never be persuaded to change my mind about who others and I saw him to be.

Whatever or whomever he was, he now has the opportunity to defend before his Maker.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by QuotaSystem: 1:17pm On Apr 19, 2020
seunmsg:
I still don’t get why they are all writing good stuff about him now. When he was alive and being maligned/misrepresented, none of them spoke up in his defense.

I’m not a political appointee of the current government but I have taken it upon myself in my own little way to counter the fake narrative and propaganda of those who see nothing good in the president and his government. I’m not doing this because I believe the president is perfect - far from it. I’m doing this because I’m convinced it’s better to dwell on the positives and criticize the negatives constructively and not destructively.

So, I find it very untenable when I see direct appointees not speaking out early enough when issues are been misrepresented. What Onyeama wrote about Abba Kyari, particularly the clarification of the MTN money would have made lots of sense some 3 or 4 years ago instead of after his death. Sadly, they all allowed the social media mob to silence them.

I agree to a large extent, but Onyeama would have needed Kyari's permission to disclose certain details; and his style, just like Buhari's, is to ignore and not feed the trolls.

He will be judged by his deeds and not the social media mob thankfully, may he rest in peace.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by JAMO84: 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
I thought Nigeria was so good in the seventies that no one goes abroad for anything.

1 Like

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by AdaoraNK(f): 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2020
BENARI:

I see sense in what you've written.

Abba was nice to him on personal grounds. I can never be persuaded to change my mind about who others and I saw him to be.

Whatever or whomever he was, he now has the opportunity to defend before his Maker.

Yeah

The man even pissed me by saying the have same political ideology. Maybe looting ideology who can tell why he left Geneva after 30 years.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by QuotaSystem: 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
See connect.... Chai!!!... Everything in Nigeria is who you know, not what you can offer.... To be in an influential position you have to join a circle.... It is well!!

There's a lot of very good talent for a limited number of positions.

What makes the difference is Grace (divine connection) and "Padi-Padi" (human connection).

You can't say Onyeama is not competent enough for his office can you?

6 Likes

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by sarrki(m): 1:36pm On Apr 19, 2020
QuotaSystem:

What makes the difference is Grace (divine connection) and "Padi-Padi" (human connection).

You nailed it

Onyeama is more than qualified

12 Likes

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by unoppose: 1:45pm On Apr 19, 2020
Chosen1984:
I do not Believe in all these ! It's After someone dies that we begin to hear this or that!

Abba Kayari was Extremely Powerful in this dispensation! Infact He was the De-Facto President

The Unnecessary Killings All around the Country went on Abated because people like him refused to take the Neccessary actions..

The disgrace of Justice Onnegen and the subsequent appointment of the Present Chief Justice was a well coordinated stuff with Abba kyari as the head.

The Fulani Herdsmen killings and free way was a highly coordinated asssignnent! Abba Kyari cannot be said to not know!

Even when it was clear that the service chiefs have been Overwhelmed! The Service Chiefs were kept there..

Abba kyari cannot be said to be innocent of the Supreme Court Magic that brought about the Onnegen saga... 2 of them involved in that have gone .( Aliyu Umar SAN and Abba kyari). April 17th and April 18th

The One sided Security Appointments in the Country is a well planned idea..

Let's stop all these talk of The late CSO being for the Nigerian project! I cannot take that!

Abba kyari was loyal to his boss - Yes

Abba kyari was given to the Fulani Course- Yes

Abba Kyari has Gone to Answer to GOD .

rubbish, but pls explain d one sided security appointment, of the 4 service chief, two from d south, two from the north. keep talking rubbish

1 Like

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by softset: 1:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
What do you guys think ?

3 Likes

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Stillthebest: 2:22pm On Apr 19, 2020
kiss

He still never helped/advised Buhari(his friend/boss) set a proper landmark and strengthen the Nigeria instructions. So also you.

You are all failures. I'm never sorry to say it.

I am not mocking his demise but they are failures all together!

We would prefer a corrupt leader that will give us the Nigeria we envisage

7 Likes

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Jlow2: 2:23pm On Apr 19, 2020
Now I know how you became minister of foreign affiars.
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by sarrki(m): 2:25pm On Apr 19, 2020
Jlow2:
Now I know how you became minister of foreign affiars.

Is it a crime?

2 Likes

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by babyfaceafrica: 3:04pm On Apr 19, 2020
QuotaSystem:

Can you beat your chest that he got the job because of his talent?

3 Likes

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by starstaz(m): 3:10pm On Apr 19, 2020
Somebody believe in naija project but do otherwise. Does it tally. How many times his boss has travelled out of his perceived strong hold region to other region. what about the so called odourless body Language. Shior!
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Ejebleje: 3:11pm On Apr 19, 2020
Really sad how the man was vilified all these years, without anyone coming out in his defence, and now in death, glowing tributes of honesty and integrity flowing from everywhere. I was almost totally convinced that he had his palm greased by mtn , due to the sudden soft stance the government took ,and even suggested that on this forum. I do regret that stance now ,and take back that statement .

This is a big lesson. Don't believe everything you read in various media without substantive evidence.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by AdaoraNK(f): 3:13pm On Apr 19, 2020
They believe in Nigeria Project because crude oil is still flowing.

Nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by sarrki(m): 3:15pm On Apr 19, 2020
Ejebleje:
Really sad how the man was vilified all these years, without anyone coming out in his defence, and now in death, glowing tributes of honesty and integrity flowing from everywhere. I was almost totally convinced that he had his palm greased by mtn , due to the sudden soft stance the government took ,and even suggested that on this forum. I do regret that stance now ,and take back that statement .

This is a big lesson. Don't believe everything you read in various media without substantive evidence.

You are a patriot

I wanted him out too as Chief of staff for too many controversial issues then
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by QuotaSystem: 3:39pm On Apr 19, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Can you beat your chest that he got the job because of his talent?

Yes indeed, in addition to his network.

Look up his profile.
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Trustme2(m): 4:36pm On Apr 19, 2020
These men don dey way back o
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
Did you know that onyeama father was slave trader?

Did you know his father helps the white men to subjugate his people of Enugu state?

Did you know his family betrayed BIAFRA during the civil war?

Did you know that uptil today the name ONYEAMA FAMILY NAME IS HATED IN ENUGU AND THE WHOLE OF AGBAJA

2 Likes

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Btruth: 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
........so, that makes you 80+ too.
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by KaptainAfrika: 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
Probably knacked his wife and cumpensated him with a ministerial position.
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by toluleke(m): 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
This how this old men call themselves to come and chop national cake

1 Like

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Khayceeofficial(m): 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
Okay,

Next one
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by PureGoldh(m): 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2020
Issoryt
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by ofiko123(m): 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2020
Sad, RIP to abba kyari...
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Kobicove(m): 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2020
Everyone is paying tribute to home now in death undecided
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by BREYZ: 4:40pm On Apr 19, 2020
Abba was a good Man. It's high time we stopped seeing all politicians as thieves.

5 Likes

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by simplyOJ(m): 4:41pm On Apr 19, 2020
sarrki:
It shows clearly now that the religious and ethnic bigots are the poor masses

They are also online miscreants

Don't talk again, you've said it all. If only those at the end of the ladder knows this.

Those at the top network Wella irrespective of religion or ethnic affiliations, while those on borrowed data will be carrying sentiments on their heads.

1 Like

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 19, 2020
Paddy Paddy government tongue
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by daddytime(m): 4:41pm On Apr 19, 2020
Wow...

Abba Kyari's loyalty to his boss was top-notch though. Very very commendable and enviable.

I pray God to bless me with just one friend like him.

Na demons and backstabbers yakpa pass for life.

It's rare to find a friend as loyal, committed, ready to stick out his neck for you, and exhibits that " je ne se qua" attitude with no regret.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Thief Breaks Into National Assembly Complex, Steals US Dollars, Office Equipment / Court Orders FG To Pay Nnamdi Kanu ₦1 Billion / Peter Obi visits Femi Kuti At The Afrika Shrine (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.