Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding (64678 Views)

Abba Kyari And Geoffrey Onyeama In The 70s (Throwback Photo) / Abba Kyari: Was Kemi Olunloyo Right About Death In Aso Rock? / Geoffrey Onyeama And Lawyer's Whatsapp Conversation Intercepted At The UN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by joepepsy(m): 6:37pm On Apr 19, 2020
why you steal my comment grin cheesy grin
Greennotes:
All of you met yourselves many years ago.

And many of you who have contributed and are still contributing in governing got foreign education/course (civil and military) from the UK, US and other European countries. Why is it that Nigeria is still underdeveloped? Do you guys learn things that are different from what the white folks learnt? How can someone who read law, history, sociology abroad falter in governance? Or, are you guys just wicked?
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by hahn(m): 6:37pm On Apr 19, 2020
Greennotes:

And many of you who have contributed and are still contributing in governing got foreign education/course (civil and military) from the UK, US and other European countries. Why is it that Nigeria is still underdeveloped? Do you guys learn things that are different from what the white folks learnt? How can someone who read law, history, sociology abroad falter in governance? Or, are you guys just wicked?

I swear the matter tire me. They all schooled in prestigious institutions abroad and are well read but cannot provide basic amenities for the masses they lead.

It would seem that they have an attachment to these countries they schooled in because they keep sending their kids to schools abroad and going there for medical treatment.

It is so difficult for them to replicate what they have learnt there here.

Na wa

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by obailala(m): 6:44pm On Apr 19, 2020
osuofia2:
Lies. Who said he is detribalised, some who made sure all the appointment went to his kanuri brothers, COAS,EFCC,NIA,NSA,CDI,NNPC ETC HOW DETRIBALISED COULD HE BE. SHAME ON OYEMA. IF TRULY HE IS AS YOU PSINTED HIM, HOW MANY APPOINTMENT SOUTHERNERS WERE GIVEN OR BECAUSE THEM GIVE YOU MINISTER OF F.A WE NO GO HEAR WORD.
The way so many Nigerians have been making this shallow comment repeatedly, an outside would think Abba Kyari was the CinC whose decision was final in all things.
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by kayjay69(m): 6:46pm On Apr 19, 2020
Bro, I often ponder this honestly and I have come to the firm conclusion that perhaps good governance and foreign exposure/enlightenment have little in common.

In the end, perhaps who we truly are often comes out to overshadow all of these things.
Greennotes:

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by PassingShot(m): 6:49pm On Apr 19, 2020
AdaoraNK:
Mr Goeffrey all these you said about him being detribalized and a Nigerian global citizen would have been true if he had persuaded his master not to treat the SE/SS votes to him as medium of devpment to those regions.

He was nice to you because your parents were rich, you both have opportunity to study in far away country and so you became friends.

The late chief of staff together with his boss practically marginalized SS/SE both in appointments and infrastructure.

If not for oil in SS there own would be worse.

So Mr Onyema, he is detribalized to rich Nigerians hence you have retained your position for 5 years now.
When children talk, it shows. Infrastructure wise, no past govt has done as much for the SE as the present govt. Not even their adopted son GEJ who scanned them with the 2nd Niger Bridge.

I understand it's emotions and hatred sha.

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Dreal1247: 6:49pm On Apr 19, 2020
sarrki:

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/04/18/foreign-minister-onyeama-mourns-abba-kyari-his-best-man/

No pictures and you want me to believe this story. Another story biko..
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by emmaQATAR5000: 6:50pm On Apr 19, 2020
No wonder all of Una for this government knows each other for a long time that's why Una incompetence is being tolerate.
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by RTSC: 6:59pm On Apr 19, 2020
If the chief of staff was your best man and yet your people could not even feel the impact of your relationship with him, then you are worthless.

After his term as foreign affairs minister, that should be the end of his relevance.

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by RTSC: 7:03pm On Apr 19, 2020
PassingShot:

When children talk, it shows. Infrastructure wise, no past govt has done as much for the SE as the present govt. Not even their adopted son GEJ who scanned them with the 2nd Niger Bridge.

The SE felt his impact so much that when buhari planned to borrow $25 billion, he wanted to give the south east almost zero.

You deserve to be slapped for trying to insult the intelligence of igbo people.

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Tedpgrass: 7:14pm On Apr 19, 2020
seunmsg:
I still don’t get why they are all writing good stuff about him now. When he was alive and being maligned/misrepresented, none of them spoke up in his defense.

I’m not a political appointee of the current government but I have taken it upon myself in my own little way to counter the fake narrative and propaganda of those who see nothing good in the president and his government. I’m not doing this because I believe the president is perfect - far from it. I’m doing this because I’m convinced it’s better to dwell on the positives and criticize the negatives constructively and not destructively.

So, I find it very untenable when I see direct appointees not speaking out early enough when issues are been misrepresented. What Onyeama wrote about Abba Kyari, particularly the clarification of the MTN money would have made lots of sense some 3 or 4 years ago instead of after his death. Sadly, they all allowed the social media mob to silence them.

Exactement!!

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by DanArewaa: 7:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
PassingShot:

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 7:20pm On Apr 19, 2020
Well, those in the know said that though he was at the wedding but did not serve as your best man.

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Tedpgrass: 7:25pm On Apr 19, 2020
AreaFada2:
One obvious thing is that in positions of power are all connected somehow. Irrespective of tribe or religion. Breaking into their circle is not easy.

Quite telling that people who enjoyed high quality foreign education haven't done much to improve Nigeria. Most have stellar CV but mediocre showing in public office.

I guess the weird structure and power game of Nigeria makes brilliant people unproductive in government.

My thoughts

It appears that the populace is as much to blame as the politicians....

Accountability in every sphere is important and should be enforced.

The Nigerian project is so massive given the current population expansion, most poorly educated, increasing half-baked awareness leading to an entitlement attitude with deeply entrenched corruption amidst other conflicting external and regional factors to sometimes know where to start.

It takes an exceptionally patient but visionary leader to get some things right on the long-term.

God help us!!

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by osuofia2(m): 7:29pm On Apr 19, 2020
obailala:
The way so many Nigerians have been making this shallow comment repeatedly, an outside would think Abba Kyari was the CinC whose decision was final in all things.
Abegi, we all know who was making and calling the shot. Pmb is a figure head, so if Kyari wasn't CinC then the dullard really killed Federal character. In zombies usual voice "he is not aware" .
FYI even Fulanis and Hausas don't have the kind of post the Kanuris have in this yeye govt.
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by bergs2: 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2020
Jokers everywhere.
You got a Muslim Hausa Fulani best man: them a Catholic groom marrying an Anglican bride.
What a mixture?
Hilarious I can say!
Handlers of Nigeria already confused from day one.
Call it mixture or concoction, this is the kind kid leaders we have.
I spite.
Tufiakwa!
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by hush15: 7:43pm On Apr 19, 2020
Greennotes:

You understand? These are people.who had better days and can't translate such goodness to their country with all the privileges they had!

So sad

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by PDJT: 7:46pm On Apr 19, 2020
sarrki:

Please educate him

-So you’re OK with a padi-padi government after-all. grin Are you not same character that stays on this forum 24/7 littering the pages with; “I’m a patriot”? And here we have people running a whole “country” as though it’s an ex-boy’s club and you’re cheering them on? Lol grin.

-Onyema is now a good boy until he “missteps” and gets reminded that he is “IPOB youth” or Omo-Igbo. cheesy

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by sarrki(m): 7:50pm On Apr 19, 2020
PDJT:
[s][/s]

-So you’re OK with a padi-padi government after-all. grin Are you not same character that stays on this forum 24/7 littering the pages with; “I’m a patriot”? And here we have people running a whole “country” as though it’s an ex-boy’s club and you’re cheering them on? Lol grin.

-Onyema is now a good boy until he “missteps” and gets reminded that he is “IPOB youth” or Omo-Igbo. cheesy

Is he qualified or not?
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by afecgivers: 7:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Staro: 7:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
Padi Padi government
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by AreaFada2: 7:55pm On Apr 19, 2020
Tedpgrass:

My thoughts

It appears that the populace is as much to blame as the politicians....

Accountability in every sphere is important and should be enforced.

The Nigerian project is so massive given the current population expansion, most poorly educated, increasing half-baked awareness leading to an entitlement attitude with deeply entrenched corruption amidst other conflicting external and regional factors to sometimes know where to start.

It takes an exceptionally patient but visionary leader to get some things right on the long-term.

God help us!!

My only problem is that these officials become dishonest. Or maybe they have been so privileged that they are totally disconnected from reality of the masses.

Take the brilliant Onyeama for example. Since 1985, he said he spent 30 years abroad. Out of the last 35 years o.

Then you return to Abuja to live in a sumptuous environment and travel abroad as foreign minister often.

Even those that live locally, after rising up the ranks, they become totally disconnected.

If they can't see that 90% of the people are struggling, who will lead reform? They hold the power, control state resources, apparatus of state and in league with the economic elite.

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by PDJT: 7:56pm On Apr 19, 2020
sarrki:

Is he qualified or not?

-That’s beside the point. But having seen your posts and replies here, I don’t expect you to understand. It seem like you’re embedded in absolute corruption, just like most Nigerianists.

-You’re not a patriot though, just a deluded mid-age man. Sorry.

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Ouchbabe(f): 8:01pm On Apr 19, 2020
sarrki:
It shows clearly now that the religious and ethnic bigots are the poor masses

They are also online miscreants
With their headquarter in Nairaland
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by spenca: 8:02pm On Apr 19, 2020
At least we know how you got your own job now.
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by 9jaRealist: 8:03pm On Apr 19, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
See connect.... Chai!!!... Everything in Nigeria is who you know, not what you can offer.... To be in an influential position you have to join a circle.... It is well!!

Dude, both are not necessarily mutually-exclusive...
Onyeama was a well-regarded international (not Nigerian) diplomat, BEFORE his appointment.
>

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by eke28(m): 8:04pm On Apr 19, 2020
Probably or obviously.
I think their relationship is the only reason which is normal anyway.
manuelreports:
Paddy paddy Government
Probably that is why you were anointed as the minister of foreign affairs .

Last last all na six feet it go end
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by 9jaRealist: 8:09pm On Apr 19, 2020
AreaFada2:
My only problem is that these officials become dishonest. Or maybe they have been so privileged that they are totally disconnected from reality of the masses.

Take the brilliant Onyeama for example. Since 1985, he said he spent 30 years abroad. Out of the last 35 years o.

Then you return to Abuja to live in a sumptuous environment and travel abroad as foreign minister often.

Even those that live locally, after rising up the ranks, they become totally disconnected.

If they can't see that 90% of the people are struggling, who will lead reform? They hold the power, control state resources, apparatus of state and in league with the economic elite.

Abegi don’t jump to generalized stereotypes...
Onyeama was always a regular visitor well-versed in his rural community of Eke-Udi.

His grandfather was the local chief...
And while his father became a Judge at the World Court in The Hague, this is a well-grounded family.

Meanwhile, instead of using his father’s name to do rent-seeking in Nigeria...
Dude went out there and competed with the very best in the international community.
>
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by 9jaRealist: 8:14pm On Apr 19, 2020
RTSC:
If the chief of staff was your best man and yet your people could not even feel the impact of your relationship with him, then you are worthless.

After his term as foreign affairs minister, that should be the end of his relevance.

This is exactly the mentality that ruins Nigeria...smh undecided
>

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by 9jaRealist: 8:17pm On Apr 19, 2020
JAMO84:
I thought Nigeria was so good in the seventies that no one goes abroad for anything.

Nigerians have been gallivanting abroad since even before Nigeria was created... grin
>

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by obailala(m): 8:18pm On Apr 19, 2020
osuofia2:

Abegi, we all know who was making and calling the shot. Pmb is a figure head, so if Kyari wasn't CinC then the dullard really killed Federal character. In zombies usual voice "he is not aware" .
FYI even Fulanis and Hausas don't have the kind of post the Kanuris have in this yeye govt.
Okay, Kyari was the CinC.
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by 9jaRealist: 8:21pm On Apr 19, 2020
ezenwajosh:
Did you know that onyeama father was slave trader?

Did you know his father helps the white men to subjugate his people of Enugu state?

Did you know his family betrayed BIAFRA during the civil war?

Did you know that uptil today the name ONYEAMA FAMILY NAME IS HATED IN ENUGU AND THE WHOLE OF AGBAJA

Onyeama’s father was Justice Charles Dadi Onyeama...
Oxford graduate, Supreme Court Justice and Judge of the World Court at The Hague.
>
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by CreekCommando: 8:23pm On Apr 19, 2020
Useless man! You were this close to Abba Kayari or woreva and he sidelined a strong nation like the Igbo, to the point of attempting to borrow billions of dollars without capturing the Eastern interest. We're strong believers in Jesus Christ; the Loan crashed, Abba crashed, the judge who spearheaded Onnoghen's removal crashed and many of you will crash before COVID-19 ends unless you repent and stop hating on Igbos. Ijot!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Court Orders FG To Pay Nnamdi Kanu ₦1 Billion / Pyrates Confraternity Mock Tinubu (Photos, Video) / Femi Fani-kayode’s Ex-wife Steps Out With Husband At Daughter’s Wedding (pic)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75