Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,671 members, 7,801,935 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? (35011 Views)

Woman’s Horror As Fillet Of Fish ‘jumps Up And Down’ While Cooking In Oven(Pix) / Do You Add Maggi To Your Beans While Cooking? Yes Or No. Give Reason(s) / No More Stress While Cooking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by beewhy009(m): 6:07pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mine?

Almost 20 years ago, I wanted to prepare pounded yam... I put salt in the yam while cooking and the result was flabbergasting. � All cuz I wanted to show em at home I can now cook anything! grin

Share yours and let's enjoy em! grin

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Taeewo(m): 6:08pm On Apr 19, 2020
Chai, remembered wen it was my turn to cook during service year..

Immediately i put beans for fire,i add palm oil,maggi, ground pepper and salt..2 hours beans no soft,after like 3 hours i comot am for fire..

Samuel and Lucky shit wella dat day ehhh after eating..

They later teach me say the beans go soft before adding palm oil and dry pepper.

187 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by tayebest(m): 6:09pm On Apr 19, 2020
Adding sugar to my beans sad

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by BuhariNaWah: 6:10pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mine was damn embarrassing.
My first day after work, I went home with the guy I was to stay with.
He told me to prepare noodles.
A female colleague that resumed with me same day, said she would prefer I put a little gnut oil, while pointing to a liquid in a bottle on one corner of the kitchen.
Mind you, it was getting dark, so I just took it and poured.
Guys, na so kerosene take enter indomie o cry

154 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 19, 2020
beewhy009:
Mine?

Almost 20 years ago, I wanted to prepare pounded yam... I put salt in the yam while cooking and the result was flabbergasting. � All cuz I wanted to show em at home I can now cook anything! grin

The result was flabbergasting grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by daddytime(m): 6:13pm On Apr 19, 2020
Make we hear tori
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by donbachi(m): 6:15pm On Apr 19, 2020
I dey always hear "coconut rice coconut rice" na e i boil rice,buy ingridients..come cut my coconuts flakes like cubes.pour inside the rice cook am...nothing dem no cause me dat day.

118 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Iyiataata92: 6:22pm On Apr 19, 2020
Allowing the empty pot to over dry before pouring groundnut oil.
And the result was vuuum.
Thank God say I comot my face on time

137 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by ojun50(m): 6:26pm On Apr 19, 2020
Using kerosin has ground oil.....

2 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 19, 2020
This was back in undergrad days, I cooked a bitter bitterleaf soup. The seller didn't wash the leaves well and I didn't know about tasting the bitterleaf and re-washing it. After cooking, the soup was fvcking bitter like chloroquine. Chai! When my course mate called from another hostel, to know how far with the food. I told him soup never done o grin grin

Meanwhile,

132 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 19, 2020
Don't know if this counts.

I prepared coffee for myself, hoping to eat with meat pie i bought. I balance to watch movie.

Hell, it was salt i mixed with it instead of sugar.

I beeeeeeef myself, where i wan get money to arrange another one... Damn

43 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Taeewo(m): 7:43pm On Apr 19, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by enemmo(f): 8:36pm On Apr 19, 2020
Our liquid soap was golden yellow, same colour as vegetable oil.
I was gisting and distracted, so I poured more 'oil' in the stew. I noticed the stew was 'foaming', then I realised I used liquid soap for the stew.
It was not funny o

164 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Mariangeles(f): 12:15am On Apr 20, 2020
Funny experiences grin grin grin

Na guys go full this thread laslas grin

Taeewo:
Chai, remembered wen it was my turn to cook during service year..

Immediately i put beans for fire,i add palm oil,maggi, ground pepper and salt..2 hours beans no soft,after like 3 hours i comot am for fire..

Samuel and Lucky shit wella dat day ehhh after eating..

They later teach me say the beans go soft before adding palm oil and dry pepper.
grin
donbachi:
I dey always hear "coconut rice coconut rice" na e i boil rice,buy ingridients..come cut my coconuts flakes like cubes.pour inside the rice cook am...nothing dem no cause me dat day.
grin
iyke926:
This was back in undergrad days, I cooked a bitter bitterleaf soup. The seller didn't wash the leaves well and I didn't know about tasting the bitterleaf and re-washing it. After cooking, the soup was fvcking bitter like chloroquine. Chai! When my course mate called from another hostel, to know how far with the food. I told him soup never done o grin grin

It wasn't your fault cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by beewhy009(m): 1:14pm On Apr 20, 2020
BuhariNaWah:
Mine was damn embarrassing.
My first day after work, I went home with the guy I was to stay with.
He told me to prepare noodles.
A female colleague that resumed with me same day, said she would prefer I put a little gnut oil, while pointing to a liquid in a bottle on one corner of the kitchen.
Mind you, it was getting dark, so I just took it and poured.
Guys, na so kerosene take enter indomie o cry

Ha! � How does it taste like? grin

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by beewhy009(m): 1:15pm On Apr 20, 2020
donbachi:

grin grin grin

Coconut spiced rice cheesy

6 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by beewhy009(m): 1:17pm On Apr 20, 2020
iyke926:

grin[right][/right] grin

Till now, e never done sef!

9 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by beewhy009(m): 1:18pm On Apr 20, 2020
cruxgemmata:
Don't know if this counts.

I prepared coffee for myself, hoping to eat with meat pie i bought. I balance to watch movie.

Hell, it was salt i mixed with it instead of sugar.

I beeeeeeef myself, where i wan get money to arrange another one... Damn

You wouldn't have wasted it either nah! grin

My sister once added sugar to stew instead of salt before... Our stomachs just dey curse the mouth grin

12 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by beewhy009(m): 1:27pm On Apr 20, 2020
enemmo:
Our liquid soap was golden yellow, same colour as vegetable oil.
I was gisting and distracted, so I poured more 'oil' in the stew. I noticed the stew was 'foaming', then I realised I used liquid soap for the stew.
It was not funny o

I know you did not pour the stew away grin, so what now happened to it?
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by enemmo(f): 1:28pm On Apr 20, 2020
beewhy009:

I know you did not pour the stew away grin, so what now happened to it?

Ah..we poured it away, it was really tasteless. I think we made another one. Thank God things were much better then in Nigeria

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by gbebodye(f): 6:04pm On Apr 21, 2020

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by AIT1(m): 6:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
Make I read comment small, boredom no good grin

Make Buhari "release" us next week abeg

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by pman06(m): 6:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
Na experiments dey always lead to mistakes ehn, let me try this food, fiam, mistake. Let me try that, oya, mistake.

Get mtn and other networks data @ cheaper rate, contact on signature.

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by ignis: 6:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
Back then during my NYSC at Calabar, I was cooking Eguisi soup and my neighbor dashed me plenty pumpkin leaf (ugu). I decided to use all the vegetable in order not to waste any because I don't have refrigerator to preserve the vegetable. The Eguisi soup automatically turned to vegetable soup.

122 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Bukden16(m): 6:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
Here to read comments, please keep em coming.

I was somewhere yesterday when a lady was asking her Boyfriend whom she came to visit for fish and crayfish to prepare Chicken.
I swear to God I'm not laying.

Somewhere in Abuja- Kubwa to be precise.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by toutlemonde: 6:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
My undergrad days. I wanted to cook Jollof rice. I had turned the g.oil inside the pot and proceeded to add other ingredients tin tomatoes etc.
But it wasn't giving out the sizzling sound. I went back to check carefully and saw I was using kerosene as g.oil.
Had to start all over.

10 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by JustAPhase(m): 6:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
beewhy009:
Mine?

You just took my experience outta my mouth, bro.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Digitiminimi: 6:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
I mistakenly added salt twice to a melon soup.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by SSam01: 6:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
Putting sugar inside a pot of soup thinking it was salt.

Using groundnut oil to cook soup and couldn't swallow eba with it

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by paulolee(m): 6:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
so many mistakes but too much to type them here..xpecially being a student n dose times wey hungry de tear u after class n bea de do shakara to cook..n to carry d vex cook naa bcoz me i hate cooking n dm say i jus too lazy...d ones i remember are...
1..after finished cooking n dishing d food dt i remember dt i forgot to add d onion dt av sliced already n d crayfish joined with fresh peper dt i grind...i jus pour all ontop d already made rice n turn am well chop...cnt kee myself..
2..was preparing noodles n gas finish, gat no time to go refill n borrowed a friends stove n kerosine n wen i cheked bk d noodles av driedup n needed water, because i wan cooking n chattin wit wan new catch i jus pour d kerosine dt i collected dt inside eva water into d pot n stoped immediately i had d snell bt it was too late n went to bed hungry
3..asked bea to prepare custard n she was chatting n mixing d stuff, was angry n collected d plate from her n went ahead to finish d mixing, time to add d hot water she asked to help me n i declined forming hard man even if we both kno say dt tin de gv me wahala to do..i went ahead n poured d water n d tin jus spoil lyk say na tea i de turn..went to skul n stayed d whole day hungry n laffin at myself weneva i remember say i worst

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Jaytecq(m): 6:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
reading

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by tellwisdom: 6:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
Op, are you bored??

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Between Garri And Semovita / Wonders You Can Do With Noodles / Post Your Christmas Food Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.