Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger (68482 Views)

Sperm Donor Who Fathered 550 Children Ordered To STOP (Photo) / I Married My Daughter, Fathered Two Kids With Her, While My Dad Married Her Mum / Our Landlord Says He Fathered My Second Baby, Insists On Naming Him —husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by dre11(m): 8:27pm On Apr 19, 2020
Man commits suicide after wife told him their only child was fathered by a stranger

....Husband to The Nation before killing himself: it’s a huge loss akin to a bereavement

......I only told him the truth, says wife

LINUS OOTA, Lafia

It is naturally a nightmare for a man to be told by his wife that he is not the father of their child or children. And the case of Jacob Numku, a farmer and petty trader from Toto community in Nasarawa State, was not any different. He decided to end it all after a shocking declaration by his wife that their only child was fathered by another man.

The entire Numku family is in turmoil with the revelation by Juliet that their five-month-old baby was actually fathered by a young man named Uchena, whom she had met in the course of business. Although Numku had become depressed and withdrawn in the days following the shocking revelation by Juliet, no one in the family suspected that he could go to the extent of taking his own life.

The shock of his only son being fathered by a stranger was said to have been compounded by Juliet’s open declaration that she prefers to spend the rest of her life with Uchena because of the satisfaction she got from sleeping with him.

Juliet told our correspondent that she decided to have a flick with Uchena, a petty trader, because her deceased husband could not father a child after their 12 years in marriage and was not taking any serious step to address the anomaly.

Juliet was said to have become pregnant for Uchena about eight months after they started a romance. Her pregnancy was celebrated by Numku as well as family friends and neighbours who all thought that her husband was responsible for the pregnancy.

Events,however, took a different turn when five months after she was delivered of a baby boy, Juliet travelled to Keffi on the pretext that she needed medical attention at the Federal Medical Centre (FMC). But once she was out of town, she put a call through to Numku and bluntly told him that he was not the father of their only baby and that she was on her way to Keffi to return the baby to his biological father.

Narrating his ordeal in an interview with our correspondent in Toto two weeks before he committed suicide, Numku recalled that he was overwhelmed with joy when the child he thought was his own was placed in his arms for the first time about four months ago and vowed to be a wonderful father.

He recalled amid sobs the day his wife left home for Keffi, telling him that she was going to the hospital, only to call him on the phone moments later to tell him that he was not the biological father of the child and that she had decided to return the child to the rightful owner.

Numku had said: “To say that I am devastated is an understatement. There are no words to aptly describe the loss that I feel.

“After grappling with infertility for more than 11 years, I thought I was finally a father. I lived with the pains of the pregnancy and I was there at his birth.

“It was the most incredible moment of my life. I called friends and relatives to tell them the good news that my pains and shame were over. I never knew that I was celebrating somebody else’s child.

“When she told me that she had missed her period, I was happy. And when the child arrived, I was overwhelmed with emotion as I announced to whoever cared to listen that God had finally answered my prayers, only for me to find out that he is not really mine.

“It is a huge loss akin to a bereavement except that the grief is twisted, even magnified, because he is not dead.

“I am no longer a father. I am left with not only a bleak chasm of loss but also an enormous sense of betrayal.

“Her delivery was the proudest moment of my life, but she knew from day one that I was not responsible for the pregnancy. Today, there is no longer the usual cry of a baby in my house.”

‘I only told him the truth’

In a telephone conversation with our correspondent before Numku’s death, Juliet admitted that the deceased was her husband but he was not the father of her son.

She said: “Yes, he was my husband but he was not the father of my son. That is the truth and I can’t hide it from him.

“We stayed together as husband and wife for 12 years without a child. I did everything humanly possible for us to go to the hospital but he refused, and his only excuse was that God would bring a child at the appropriate time.

“The truth is that we never had any intercourse during the period I took in, so what made him to think he is the father?

“In the course of my business, I met a young man; he toasted (wooed) me and in view of all the odds, I agreed and submitted myself to him.

“During this period, I made sure that my husband did not even see my pant. There was an opportunity and I wanted to test another man to know where the problem lied. The guy was actually giving me the needed satisfaction and in less than nine months, he was able to impregnate me.

“It is better I tell him this early because I am no longer interested in the marriage. If he wants, let him to go to court. I will bring the child for a DNA test to be conducted to prove what I am saying.

“The truth is that the man (Numku) never slept with me during that period, so it is not possible for him to be responsible for the pregnancy.”

The woman also linked our correspondent with Uchena on the phone, and he said: “I only got to know that the woman was somebody’s wife when she was about to put to bed. I could not have ‘toasted’ somebody’s wife.

“I blame her seriously for misleading me into sleeping with her; I never knew she was somebody’s wife. I am the biological father of the boy and I have taken him. It is unfortunate but there is nothing I can do. It is my blood.”

It was gathered that two weeks after Numku narrated his sad experience to our correspondent in Toto, he could no longer bear the reproach he felt from his wife’s action, hence he committed suicide by hanging.

It’s unfortunate he thought suicide was the solution —Brother

Speaking to our correspondent, his younger brother, Danjuma, said: “It is unfortunate that he decided to kill himself because of a woman. What is the big deal in a woman telling you that you are not the father of her son?

“He claimed to be a man of God, but look at what he has done? Since the thing happened, I have been advising him to let it go, that it had happened to so many people and they moved on.

“He looked so worried about it that every day, I would advise him to calm down and forget about the woman.

“But since he feels that killing himself is the solution to the whole problem, so be it.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/bizarre-man-commits-suicide-after-wife-told-him-their-only-child-was-fathered-by-a-stranger/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by JasonJidenna(m): 8:31pm On Apr 19, 2020
"An enormous betrayal of trust"

There's something mysterious about that "Toto" community in Nassarawa, it's either they accept a banished traditional ruler or the inhabitants engage in all sorts of "Totorious" activities.

By the way, Is the reporter, LINUS OOTA a protege of Cyriacus?

They love stories from Nassarawa.

235 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by hgnbello(m): 8:31pm On Apr 19, 2020
Wicked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by Tozic: 8:32pm On Apr 19, 2020
One was telling me men are hoes.... that we don't treat them well.
I'm beginning to fear marriage. I can't give you my heart and you'll throw my body away. It doesn't make sense.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by SenorFax(m): 8:32pm On Apr 19, 2020
Like someone once said

I fear those that don't fear women.

225 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by Olalan(m): 8:33pm On Apr 19, 2020
That's wicked.......the level of depression the man fell into is best imagined

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by GOFRONT(m): 8:34pm On Apr 19, 2020
DNA is bae.....

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by Nwodosis(m): 8:39pm On Apr 19, 2020
I use to believe that there's power in a name but not any longer, how can a man from Kpekus community die because of a woman?

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by chariisGRACE(m): 8:42pm On Apr 19, 2020
I taught i could say something, but at this juncture I have nothing to say concerning this totorious act because my phone is almost dead and therefore I don't think I can say what I want to say. But I will try.

First of all, th

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by crackkhaus: 8:43pm On Apr 19, 2020
There's an infestation of weak-ass men these days.

Just imagine, killing himself over a woman's infidelity...na jazz?

260 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:50pm On Apr 19, 2020
Nasarrwa state again
Too much bad and incest news always come from there

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 19, 2020
Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by cococandy(f): 12:29am On Apr 20, 2020
“We stayed together as husband and wife for 12 years without a child. I did everything humanly possible for us to go to the hospital but he refused, and his only excuse was that God would bring a child at the appropriate time.

“The truth is that we never had any intercourse during the period I took in, so what made him to think he is the father?

So he refused to go to the hospital with her for years and then he wasn’t having sex with her at the time frame that she got pregnant?
It seems like he already knew the truth but just wanted to carry in like nothing was happening.

Which begs the question why he hurt himself over something he already knew

124 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by Richy4(m): 5:40am On Apr 20, 2020
12 years.. A whole 12 years of marriage, she just ended it with a freaking phone call.. as if it was 12days.. That's the height of disregard/ disrespect of the highest order. When she got pregnant, she should have disappeared at that point knowing that the baby can't possibly be his... And he stood by her all through the pregnancy to birth..

No matter what the man has done, he doesn't deserve that kind of treatment. I wish he visited a therapist for this instead of taking his life.

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by cococandy(f): 6:47am On Apr 20, 2020
Richy4:
12 years.. A whole 12 years of marriage, she just ended it with a freaking phone call.. as if it was 12days.. That's the height of disregard/ disrespect of the highest order. When she got pregnant, she should have disappeared at that point knowing that the baby can't possibly be his... And he stood by her all through the pregnancy to birth..

No matter what the man has done, he doesn't deserve that kind of treatment. I wish he visited a therapist for this instead of taking his life .
@bold, for real

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by Kendumazy(m): 6:55am On Apr 20, 2020
Inside life!

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by Richy4(m): 7:10am On Apr 20, 2020
cococandy:
@bold, for real

I don't know.. something to save his life.. just anything... but I don't get u.. are u implying that nothing would have saved him or what?

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by EngrLight: 7:14am On Apr 20, 2020
This is what happens when you over love and trust woman without applying wisdom wen dealing with them. Most women are heartless same goes to some men. But taken his own life was a wrong choice.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by cococandy(f): 7:15am On Apr 20, 2020
Richy4:

I don't know.. something to save his life.. just anything... but I don't get u.. are u implying that nothing would have saved him or what?

No. I’m agreeing with you.
He would have benefited from something like that for real

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by Mindlog: 7:18am On Apr 20, 2020
Sad.
Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by Richy4(m): 7:24am On Apr 20, 2020
cococandy:

No. I’m agreeing with you.
He would have benefited from something like that for real

Why do I smell 99.88% of sarcasm on this grin

Just say what's on your mind at least you are not the type that hides your feelings. This time, u are doing a poor job smiley

5 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by cococandy(f): 7:53am On Apr 20, 2020
Richy4:

Why do I smell 99.88% of sarcasm on this grin
good question

Just say what's on your mind at least you are not the type that hides your feelings. This time, u are doing a poor job smiley
since you know I’m always upfront with my opinions why are you feeling sideways about this? get out of your own mind. So you don’t even think your opinion is good enough for someone else to agree with?

Or you just think certain people must disagree with you mainly because it’s you and not based on the content of your post?

Anyway I agreed with the bold in your post. You can analyze the agreement however you wish to.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by sisisioge: 8:33am On Apr 20, 2020
How very weak of him to take his life because of a nasty wicked woman! I'm sure that woman will meet her Waterloo soon.

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by Pharaoh350s(m): 8:44am On Apr 20, 2020
Nawa
Why commit suicide?
Just drink and move on

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by demigodd(m): 9:07am On Apr 20, 2020
Please guys,
I can help you wash clothes or clean your house or any other house chores if you live around Ago- Okota or Isolo for a token.
It's no longer funny. The few loan apps i've tried won't lend me. Someone can suggest apps where i can get a loan

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by piroux(f): 11:11am On Apr 20, 2020
sisisioge:
How very weak of him to take his life because of a nasty wicked woman! I'm sure that woman will meet her Waterloo soon.

I don't think she's nasty or wicked. Selfish, definitely. Wicked, doubtful.

12 years with a man and you can't get him to the hospital to check himself? shocked

That man is the wicked one! That's how they lie against God and make a mockery of spirituality.

He couldn't go and get tested, wasn't sleeping with his wife but supported her through pregnancy?! Is he Joseph? Or she's Mary?? Nonsense!!

He was more concerned about what people thought of him, his 'Man of God' status and the answer to his prayers.

He knew he was sick, he knew God hadn't answered his prayers, he knew she cheated but he would have gone with it anyway.

His reason for the suicide wasn't because the child wasn't his, it was because everyone else now knew that God hadn't answered him.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by cococandy(f): 11:24am On Apr 20, 2020
I think she also knew that he was aware. long before she told him. Her telling him over the phone was more like a formality.

I believe the best thing she should have done was to have the conversation with him. Look we both know you’re not the biological father of the child but we can still be married and you be a real life father to this child. And that could have been between them instead of her making it so public like that.
As long as she didn’t tell anyone else, something tells me he would have been okay with the arrangement.

Some men take infertility and impotence as the end of the world that it shouldn’t be. Especially if it’s public knowledge.

piroux:

12 years with a man and you can't get him to the hospital to check himself? shocked

That man is the wicked one! That's how they lie against God and make a mockery of spirituality.

He couldn't go and get tested, wasn't sleeping with his wife but supported her through pregnancy?! Is he Joseph? Or she's Mary?? Nonsense!!

He was more concerned about what people thought of him, his 'Man of God' status and the answer to his prayers.

He knew he was sick, he knew God hadn't answered his prayers, he knew she cheated but he would have gone with it anyway.

His reason for the suicide wasn't because the child wasn't his, it was because everyone else now knew that God hadn't answered him.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by sisisioge: 11:27am On Apr 20, 2020
piroux:

I feel you sis...he had his own major faults too. But why would she let him nurse her pregnancy, attach to the baby, tell the whole world he's a father, elope and then break it to him via a phone call, even though she knew all along he want the father? And did you read her response? She sounded as concerned about his suicide as the naija government is about our survival!

It is well sha...she could have left him a long time ago when he refused to get tested or as soon as she found out about her pregnancy to another!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by crackkhaus: 11:35am On Apr 20, 2020
sisisioge:

I feel you sis...he had his own major faults too. But why would she let him nurse her pregnancy, attach to the baby, tell the whole world he's a father, elope and then break it to him via a phone call, even though she knew all along he want the father? And did you read her response? She sounded as concerned about his suicide as the naija government is about our survival!

It is well sha...she could have left him a long time ago when he refused to get tested or as soon as she found out about her pregnancy to another!

See there's no other term for it than wickedness, forget wordplay. grin

The only other word that compares is witchcraft.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by cococandy(f): 11:36am On Apr 20, 2020
sisisioge:

The new man won’t even want the child. She missed the opportunity of giving her child a dad.

3 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by thorpido(m): 11:38am On Apr 20, 2020
And suicide is his only solution?Stupid man.

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger by sisisioge: 11:54am On Apr 20, 2020
cococandy:

The new man won’t even want the child. She missed the opportunity of giving her child a dad.

Abi o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Wife Arrested Me For Slapping Her, We Have Lost Wife Materials - Man / My 1st Daughter Saw Her 1st Period Today & She’s Been Crying All Day - Doctor / PHOTO: What Would You Do If Your Child Returns From School Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.