Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Pictures Of Kano Under Total Lockdown - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Kano Under Total Lockdown (42839 Views)

Kaduna On Total Lockdown (Photos) / Total Lockdown In Anambra State Today (Photos ) / The State Of Kano Airport As Dangote's Daughter Gets Married In Style (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Kano Under Total Lockdown by Pistolx(m): 1:22pm On Apr 20, 2020
funnyboss:
I tell you o. Ka share wawan
Ama kai wawa ne you just another ass licking infidel, just hyping another man land for nothing
Re: Pictures Of Kano Under Total Lockdown by TGMISKY(m): 1:32pm On Apr 20, 2020
meforyou1:
tell your neighbour that he or she is a bloody liar. kano doesnt have more infrastrusture than Kaduna, talkless Abuja. i Have been to both places so many times
Ok. The man na elderly man. I no fit tell am like that. Maybe he was exaggerating but I'll mind his statements going forward
Re: Pictures Of Kano Under Total Lockdown by Opeakins(m): 2:55pm On Apr 20, 2020
Kano people no stubborn nah
And dem get money

Unlike Lagos people

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Kano Under Total Lockdown by Greatzeus(m): 4:48pm On Apr 20, 2020
Franking:
To mourn is not by force. I don't care whether Kyari died or not. I didn't wish him dead but won't mourn him after all his children didn't mourn my father with me.

People die everyday and no one can force anyone to mourn a dead person.

One day I will be gone too, I obviously won't care what happens thereafter.
Bros you miss road?
Very cogent hardcore merciless hunger don do bro Frank strong thing chai grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Kano Under Total Lockdown by Franking: 4:51pm On Apr 20, 2020
Greatzeus:

Bros you miss road?
Very cogent hardcore merciless hunger don do bro Frank strong thing chai grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Kano Under Total Lockdown by Spiff20(m): 9:16pm On Apr 20, 2020
Anambralstson:

Kano is below Anambra state, this is real Kano
Are you sure this is Kano? Looks like Jos
Re: Pictures Of Kano Under Total Lockdown by Spiff20(m): 9:18pm On Apr 20, 2020
Anambralstson:

You might slightly boasts of more in federal infastructures because of the way Nigeria was designed base on allocation and others, but in individuals and real sectors Kano is below Anambra state
Nna you get mind oh de compare Kano to Anambra. You igbos are too married to mediocrity. I weak.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Kano Under Total Lockdown by Spiff20(m): 9:21pm On Apr 20, 2020
dukeprince50:
Rivers State and Akwaibom beats Kano, that one is not debatable.
Akwaibom is the finest state in the country, only island is fine in Lagos but Akwaibom is 98% fine
I don't know what you guys are taking oh but it's surely not helping. What's your definition of fine sef?
Re: Pictures Of Kano Under Total Lockdown by Spiff20(m): 9:22pm On Apr 20, 2020
R2bees:
Mumu have you been to Enugu and Abakaliki of recent??
Join Enugu and Abakaliki together e no reach Kano. Take it to the bank.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Kano Under Total Lockdown by dukeprince50: 9:30pm On Apr 20, 2020
Spiff20:
I don't know what you guys are taking oh but it's surely not helping. What's your definition of fine sef?
infrastructure, neatness, commerce, security, marketing, civic, opportunity for growt etc.
Kano is not compared to Rivers State and Akwaibom in the aforementioned, though it could be above Rivers in security
Re: Pictures Of Kano Under Total Lockdown by Spiff20(m): 9:43pm On Apr 20, 2020
dukeprince50:
infrastructure, neatness, commerce, security, marketing, civic, opportunity for growt etc.
Kano is not compared to Rivers State and Akwaibom in the aforementioned, though it could be above Rivers in security
Fine has to do with aesthetics and natural endowments. Like having well paved roads adorned with trees to form boulevards, houses neatly sprinkled in the streets, standard estates, mordern parks and green recreational areas, fountains, neon lights and blah blah blah. That's when you say a city is beautiful in Nigeria. I think Calabar has the longest boulevard in Nigeria, the most green streets ever and the most pristine neighborhoods. Parks and gardens are common too in Calabar. Despite the declination calabar still leads as nigeria's finest city. Lagos and Abuja is federal presence so we don't expect less. Uyo is trying but the hype is too much.
Re: Pictures Of Kano Under Total Lockdown by dukeprince50: 9:50pm On Apr 20, 2020
Spiff20:
Fine has to do with aesthetics and natural endowments. Like having well paved roads adorned with trees to form boulevards, houses neatly sprinkled in the streets, standard estates, mordern parks and green recreational areas, fountains, neon lights and blah blah blah. That's when you say a city is beautiful in Nigeria. I think Calabar has the longest boulevard in Nigeria, the most green streets ever and the most pristine neighborhoods. Parks and gardens are common too in Calabar. Despite the declination calabar still leads as nigeria's finest city. Lagos and Abuja is federal presence so we don't expect less. Uyo is trying but the hype is too much.
fine is not limited to aesthetic condition of a place or thing, fine is also attributed to quality or grade, the weather is fine doesn't mean weather has some aesthetic bla bla.
Fine can also be attributed to minute particulate, something with very high surface area but that is not Wat we are looking out now. The fine is not limited to paved roads and flowers o. Just so u know. Wen I say fine, I mean the overall condition of a place not limited to flowers and road paintings
Re: Pictures Of Kano Under Total Lockdown by Spiff20(m): 9:54pm On Apr 20, 2020
dukeprince50:
fine is not limited to aesthetic condition of a place or thing, fine is also attributed to quality or grade, the weather is fine doesn't mean weather has some aesthetic bla bla.
Fine can also be attributed to minute particulate, something with very high surface area but that is not Wat we are looking out now. The fine is not limited to paved roads and flowers o. Just so u know. Wen I say fine, I mean the overall condition of a place not limited to flowers and road paintings
I'm even trying to help your argument. If fine is about quality and grade then Uyo will not match up to Lagos split into three. Don't bring other definition of fine here. We're talking about locations not objects. Putting infrastructure and security that's no longer fine. And if you add that, Kano is light years ahead of the entire Akwa Ibom in infrastructure. So reason your position again. The truth is that whenever Kano is mentioned, places like Akwa Ibom should not even come in the context. Have you even been to both cities?
Re: Pictures Of Kano Under Total Lockdown by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 20, 2020
Spiff20:
I'm even trying to help your argument. If fine is about quality and grade then Uyo will not match up to Lagos split into three. Don't bring other definition of fine here. We're talking about locations not objects. Putting infrastructure and security that's no longer fine. And if you add that, Kano is light years ahead of the entire Akwa Ibom in infrastructure. So reason your position again. The truth is that whenever Kano is mentioned, places like Akwa Ibom should not even come in the context. Have you even been to both cities?
As in ehn, the guy is creating confusion. Akwa Ibom's population is little. So little hence it's expected to be neat. But the context of discussion is "infrastructure" and "economic activity". They don't even know the slogan of Kano sef Belente to visit there. Anytime I see corpers in the north and we discuss, they'll always talk about their amazement on how developed the north is and the most amusing is that they weren't expecting to see Christians (especially the violent ones) who are indigenes. They even get surprised when they see people of other tribes and behaving as they do in Lagos. The other day, a corper was amazed seeing a shuwa Arab girl in trousers and an open hair in maiduguri. They were expecting to see hijab republic not knowing that people Soji for north. Yes there are religious extremist but they are not everywhere and they are restricted. There are places they can't try rubbish even in Kano State sef. The north is a nice place and peaceful unlike the south with all sorts of daylight robbery inclusive of the Almighty Anambra (that one person was shouting is greater than Kano) where I was robbed of my phone and N18,250 lol. They collected everything on me and my colleague lol. Even my N50 I remember the fair one telling me "bring it idiot" lol. They emptied us hehe lol. Thank God I didn't carry ATM along. Not too much was there though but I was expectant. They took my colleague's wallet with his ATM inside (Though he called his banker and the needful was done). God saved me that day. The MOST ANNOYING PART is that by the time they were done with us, nobody, I mean NOBODY, even came to say "oga wetin happen?" They just minded their businesses as wicked people that they are. As if nothing happened fa. I hated myself that day. Only the west is the best in all of these
Re: Pictures Of Kano Under Total Lockdown by CuteYvonne777: 10:55pm On Apr 20, 2020
Them must Stay House
Re: Pictures Of Kano Under Total Lockdown by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 20, 2020
Spiff20:
Join Enugu and Abakaliki together e no reach Kano. Take it to the bank.
As In abakaliki that's the least developed in the entire south east? God! what do this guys take north to be? Even Taraba is better than abakaliki. I would have called gombe but it's fast developing and way passed abakaliki of all places. The best place in the south east is only ENUGU. It has infrastructures and can compete with kaduna COMFORTABLY. City is even cleaner than kaduna sef (unless El-Rufai finishes his work successfully). I love Enugu. The most peaceful and friendly south east state. Na Anambra people wan spoil am with robbery sef. lol
Re: Pictures Of Kano Under Total Lockdown by Spiff20(m): 11:10pm On Apr 20, 2020
funnyboss:
As in ehn, the guy is creating confusion. Akwa Ibom's population is little. So little hence it's expected to be neat. But the context of discussion is "infrastructure" and "economic activity". They don't even know the slogan of Kano sef Belente to visit there. Anytime I see corpers in the north and we discuss, they'll always talk about their amazement on how developed the north is and the most amusing is that they weren't expecting to see Christians (especially the violent ones) who are indigenes. They even get surprised when they see people of other tribes and behaving as they do in Lagos. The other day, a corper was amazed seeing a shuwa Arab girl in trousers and an open hair in maiduguri. They were expecting to see hijab republic not knowing that people Soji for north. Yes there are religious extremist but they are not everywhere and they are restricted. They are places they can't try rubbish even in Kano State sef. The north is a nice place and peaceful unlike the south with all sorts of daylight robbery inclusive of the Almighty Anambra (that one person was shouting is greater than Kano) where I was robbed of my phone and N18,250 lol. They collected everything on me and my colleague lol. Even my N50 I remember the fair one telling me "bring it idiot" lol. They emptied us hehe lol. Thank God I didn't carry ATM along. Not too much was there though but I was expectant. They took my colleague's wallet with his ATM inside (Though he called his banker and the needful was done). God saved me that day. The MOST ANNOYING PART is that by the time they were done with us, nobody, I mean NOBODY, even came to say "oga wetin happen?" They just minded their businesses as wicked people that they are. As if nothing happened fa. I hated myself that day. Only the west is the best in all of these
I'm a corper serving in Kano. Before I came here I keep hearing about how developed Kano is and I doubted. I even argued with someone and that was a blind argument. When I came I saw and I realize that until I visit a place I have no right to argue. Only four cities in Nigeria are standard enough to be called cities. Lagos, Abuja, Kano and Port Harcourt. The rest are glorified towns. It's not about building flyovers and putting fountains under them. It's not also about being tribalistic. Kano surprised me and I'm proud to be a Kano corper although the heat is frustrating.
Re: Pictures Of Kano Under Total Lockdown by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 20, 2020
Spiff20:
I'm a corper serving in Kano. Before I came here I keep hearing about how developed Kano is and I doubted. I even argued with someone and that was a blind argument. When I came I saw and I realize that until I visit a place I have no right to argue. Only four cities in Nigeria are standard enough to be called cities. Lagos, Abuja, Kano and Port Harcourt. The rest are glorified towns. It's not about building flyovers and putting fountains under them. It's not also about being tribalistic. Kano surprised me and I'm proud to be a Kano corper although the heat is frustrating.
For the mention of HEAT you are truly serving in Kano. Well you haven't been to maiduguri. This maiduguri people are saying God forbid to. It's very beautiful and clean. The day I was crossing the road and realised that the street light was motion sensored was when my respect for maiduguri increased. The houses there nko. There's an Estate I saw in maiduguri's outskirt, bulumkutu when entering from damaturu after ramat poly, omo I say na maiduguri be this?? not until I entered Inside the main town and saw wonders. See correct Grocery stores sef. Ever since then, I always loved visiting maiduguri o. Despite the bombings (which are done in the outskirts sef). Even Ramat poly fine pass the state university for Anambra sef. Very fine school.
Re: Pictures Of Kano Under Total Lockdown by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 20, 2020
Spiff20:
Abuja sef is no match for Kano in anyway. Only port Harcourt can compete with Kano and Kano will beat it. Only Lagos brother is way ahead
My candid arrangements:
1. Lagos
2. Kano
3. Port-Harcourt
4. Ibadan (though dirty but I place it here based on its economic activity
5. Enugu
6. Kaduna
7. Abuja

My basis for the arrangement:
- Economic activity, which is Number 1 and the reason I can call a city developed in the first place
- Infrastructures which is number 2.
Would have rated kaduna before Ibadan but like I said, my number 1 basis is Economic Activity.
Quite difficult to determine which should come first, kaduna or Enugu but in this case, I used cleanliness lol. Or maybe I'm just biased. I love state of Enugu. Very good weather too hence Enugu came first. This is subject to criticism which I can agree
Would have rated Abuja over kaduna, Enugu, Port-Harcourt and even Ibadan BUT my number 1 priority is Economic activity. 2, Abuja is a transit town. Go to Abuja during festive seasons and you'll hate yourself. Everybody's gone back home. Abuja is not a serious town. It's not economic stable and secured. Remove the seat of power from Abuja and you won't even see Abuja on the map again. It won't even stand close to nasarawa sef in terms of economic activity. Abuja is really fake and it's a civil service town. Not a town for serious business. Wise companies place their headquarters in Abuja but have what they call "corporate headquarters" in Lagos just in case lol. They are wise. Businesses in Abuja are just there to be closer to Government officials and nothing more. After they get what they want, THEY LEAVE.
Re: Pictures Of Kano Under Total Lockdown by tafat: 4:44am On Apr 21, 2020
atleast they are taking the lock down serious here
Mightymanna:
Kano the Largest City in the North is now under total lockdown, one of the serious issue we are facing now is the issue of domestic water, pipe borne water is inadequate in the state capital hence many households depend on water vendors popularly knowns as Mai-Ruwa in Hausa language now that the Mai-Ruwa are no longer moving I don't know how people are coping with this total lockdown, the Lockdown itself has a serious economic implications on both the state and the neighboring states as well.

Picture 1
The Ever busy Murtala Muhammad Way,

Picture 2
An underpass along BUK road

Picture 3
Kofar Ruwa Underpass
Re: Pictures Of Kano Under Total Lockdown by willyjacs(m): 1:47am On Apr 23, 2020
makewetalk2:
get out idiot. stupid trash
I never even beat u, u Don dey cry.... if I come beat u nkor?
ordinary "Kano is fine" na em destabilize ur whole life so.... Lmao,u must be enduring a frustrated life.

find somewhere nd die pls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sotannde Kodir: Missing Person in Ibadan Explosion ( See Photo) / Terrorist Scare At The Lagos Airport Today / Flood Swallowed Vehicles In Sango Ota, Ogun State (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.