Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,695 members, 7,805,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? (2540 Views)

Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time / Korean Team Members' Names: If You Were The Commentator, What Would You Do? / The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by Rickmann: 8:40am On Apr 20, 2020
Let's know your thoughts.
Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by holymiles(m): 8:47am On Apr 20, 2020
I will go with Peter Drury

1 Like

Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by Chicagoesontop: 8:47am On Apr 20, 2020
Don't joke with the guy who commentate in Pidgin English at the last world cup !!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by Kriss216: 8:50am On Apr 20, 2020
If you don’t know Jim Beglin and Jon Champion, then you had a boring childhood.

14 Likes

Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by Rickmann: 8:51am On Apr 20, 2020
Rickmann:
Let's start the fun and know your thoughts.

For me , I think Peter Drury is the greatest. He made me realise why i love and watch football cos I never had a definite answer to DAT question. His mix of commentary and poetry gives me goosebumps.

2 Likes

Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by Rickmann: 8:53am On Apr 20, 2020
Rickmann:

For me , I think Peter Drury is the greatest. He made me realise why i love and watch football cos I never had a definite answer to DAT question. His mix of commentary and poetry gives me goosebumps.

I hope he stays longer in the game.
Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by fykes(m): 8:55am On Apr 20, 2020
Jim beglin and John champion...
The way they churn out statistics and accurate data during games... U will think they have Google in their heads

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by Rickmann: 8:56am On Apr 20, 2020
Rickmann:

Epic lines such as;
1. Wan bissaka uses bit coin cos today he s made sterling useless.
2.Jesus denied , denied and still yet denied! Manchester is red tonight but not by his blood. grin

Can u beat that?

8 Likes

Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by Rickmann: 8:59am On Apr 20, 2020
holymiles:
I will go with Peter Drury

God bless you...Peter is the Man

1 Like

Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by Jokerman(m): 9:04am On Apr 20, 2020
Jon Champion and Jim Beglin
Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by aadoiza: 4:57pm On Apr 20, 2020
I have always loved Jon Champion's and Jim Beglin's style. But the moment I confirmed Jim to be my all-time favourite was in a match between Man City and West Brom(not too sure it was West brom). The first half was like a bore fest, and then the second started with so loud a bang that you could hardly hold your breath. And when Jim described the game thus far, he said, 'the first half was a stinker and the second half has been a stunker'. I had never heard anything so witty as that in football commentary. Even the almighty Jon Champion had to ask, ' where did you get that, Jim?'

Jim Beglin's ways around words make him the best for me.

Anybody know why Jon Champion has not been heard so often in matches this season?

3 Likes

Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by youngestgrad(m): 5:35pm On Apr 20, 2020
I like Peter Drury and Jim Beglin combination, Martin Tyler is also good but his partner Alan Smith is a bore both in real life commentary and on FIFA

4 Likes

Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by holymiles(m): 9:23pm On Apr 20, 2020
Rickmann:

God bless you...Peter is the Man
you're welcome, mate.
Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by senatordave1(m): 4:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
Which commentator shouted '''adebayoooooooor''' ?

What of rooney's bicycle kick when the commentator said 'it's out of this world'
Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by ajericho(m): 8:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
Rickmann:

Epic lines such as;
2.Jesus denied , denied and still yet denied! Manchester is red tonight but not by his blood. grin

Can u beat that?
mad
Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by Smartmanager(m): 10:16am On Apr 22, 2020
Rickmann:

I tell you bro. His commentry is something else.
Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by Smartmanager(m): 10:19am On Apr 22, 2020
Rickmann:

Epic lines such as;

Can u beat that?
I can't forget "Messi Mershed on Merseyside".
Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by DownChelsea(f): 8:19pm On Apr 22, 2020
Obviously Peter Drury
Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by 21cents: 8:53pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ohhhhhhh brilliant! Absolutely brilliant!!

Ohhhhhhh dynamite! Absolutely dynamite!

Abeg which commentator yarn these in the past? grin I heard those in an advert about a decade ago.
Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by Valenbale(m): 9:22pm On Apr 22, 2020
Jim beglin and John champion... with Peter Drury
Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by 2special(m): 9:51pm On Apr 22, 2020
Femi and his Gang....kelechi Ikoro

1 Like

Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by Great100000: 7:36am On Apr 23, 2020
Rickmann:
This is Jon Champion and here with here with me is Jim Beglin.
Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 23, 2020
Kriss216:
If you don’t know Jim Beglin and Jon Champion, then you had a boring childhood.
correct man
Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by sylve11: 4:50pm On Feb 15, 2021
Peter Drury, Jim Beglin and John Champion in accordance. cool
Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by LordofNaija: 4:55pm On Feb 15, 2021
Peter Drury is the best of all time with his comical side to commentary. Can't forget his famous "the lamp in Lampard has gone out". Talking about football statistics I give it to Jon Champion, that guy even knows the night messi slept with his wife and birthed his son

2 Likes

Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by sylve11: 10:33am On Apr 14, 2021
2special:
Femi and his Gang....kelechi Ikoro

Lwkmd grin cool
Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by pazzini: 3:35pm On Apr 14, 2021
LordofNaija:
Peter Drury is the best of all time with his comical side to commentary. Can't forget his famous "the lamp in Lampard has gone out". Talking about football statistics I give it to Jon Champion, that guy even knows the night messi slept with his wife and birthed his son
grin
Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by pazzini: 3:40pm On Apr 14, 2021
Man United vs Westham recently... Man U was leading by a lone goal and in the 79th minute, Greenwood hit the post with a shot and the Commentator said "and Westham is still alive" grin
Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by DarkCaesar(m): 4:58pm On Apr 14, 2021
What a beauty!!!
Stuffs of dream, a sensational strike by the forgotten man and man United are surely dead and buried......Jim all the way dawg
Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by paulolee(m): 6:50pm On Apr 14, 2021
I love John champion and on my right is jim beglin but I must say that peter dury gee is a very witty n petty gee..
remember a city vs Chelsea game dt peter cech made a wonderful save of Gabriel jesus heading n peter said "and again peter have denied Jesus"....who does dt?
Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by Glycosunde: 4:48pm On Apr 15, 2021
That Peter Dury of a guy is something else when it comes to witty words and wordplays. But for statistics John champion takes it. Mine is Peter, John and then Jim. The three musketeers

Sighs........... Drops pen
Re: The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? by lugo99(m): 9:08pm On Apr 15, 2021
21cents:
Ohhhhhhh brilliant! Absolutely brilliant!!

Ohhhhhhh dynamite! Absolutely dynamite!

Abeg which commentator yarn these in the past? grin I heard those in an advert about a decade ago.
that was adebayor goal i think against spurs or arsenal against spurs.. but I know its adebayor's goal.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Official Rocket Unmask Is A Scammer / Super Falcons Crash Out Of All African Games / 17 World Cup Stars Who Totally Look Like Famous Celebrities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.