Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood (28826 Views)

Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years / Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria / Movie Stars Who Died During Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by queen2(f): 3:05pm On Jan 25, 2006
Most Nollywood stars dream of making it to Hollywood one day, while many have got what it takes, NFN picks the first fifteen, people who have the language, the looks and the attitude to look and act Hollywood and if given the chance would live it up like they were born there.

GENEVIEVE NNAJI:
She quickly became the highest paid Nigerian actress and an idol for several young girls. Even in her ban, Genevieve has continued to cultivate her image and today she looks and feels completely Hollywood. Great diction, great acting and great looks, Genevieve was born to do this.

KATE HENSHAW-NUTAL

She was once a beauty queen so now, as a mother and in her early thirties, Kate Henshaw still has what it takes to captivate. She was the only prominent Nollywood star picked to star in the MNET Doctors' Quarters. She is also one of the few Nollywood stars that does not churn out countless films in months.

DESMOND ELLIOT

Desmond is definitely good looking, one quality alot of Hollywood leads possess. But besides his great looks, Desmond Elliot is a convincing actor. Probably loved more by women than men, he feels alot like Nigeria's version of Morris Chestnut or maybe Sharma Moore.

SAM DEDE

A teacher of the arts, Sam Dede is probably one of the most convincing acts Nollywood has ever seen. A brilliant actor, Dede feels alot like Nollywood's Deniro.

FEMI BRAINARD

Femi Brainard has the looks and the diction. He is also a wonderful actor. He has featured in various Yoruba flicks, but his most prominent English roles include in Dangerous Twins, The Two Brothers and B4 The Vows.

OLU JACOBS

Not only is Olu Jacobs Hollywood Standard, he has also featured in several Hollywood productions which include the classic Dogs Of War and Ashanti among several other flicks.

DAKORE EGBUSON

Dakore has lived in London and hosted on TV. Her charm and charisma go far beyond the silver screen. Well spoken and able to translate various roles, Dakore's charm is alluring, something Hollywood stars should possess.

SEGUN ARINZE

Segun Arinze has been around for a while and hopefully would be around for another while. Even though Mr. Arinze does not define beauty he has still been able to capture the hearts of his female audience. He has played some of Nollywood's best baddies, and has also done a wonderful job as a good guy several times.

YEMI BLAQ

In Hollywood, Wesley Snipes proved it took more than great looks to be a lead man and besides his various action roles featured in several romantic leads including Jungle Fever. Yemi Blaq is not drop dead gorgeous but has the intensity and the diction that definitely capture and captivate the audience.

LIZ BENSON

It is very hard to believe Liz Benson is a mother and in her 40's. She has lived a glamorous life like most Hollywood stars, she has also charmed millions of film watchers. Age has not slowed her down. She sounds Hollywood, she looks Hollywood and she acts Hollywood.

She's definitely Hollywood material if they ever needed a middle aged but very sexy lead female.

RICHARD MOFE DAMIJO

RMD as he is popularly called has featured in an international film, 'Michael Powers', that is as close to Hollywood as many would get. RMD has been in the industry from the beginning. First he captured our hearts on T.V, then in Home Videos. With boyish good looks, RMD is a convincing actor and knows his English.

BIMBO AKINTOLA

Even with a slightly bulky frame, Bimbo is a screen goddess. And since size has never been an issue (Queen Latifah), Bimbo could fit into any Hollywood production without problems.

JOKE SILVA

Wife of Screen idol Olu Jacobs, Joke is a screen idol herself. When most young actresses are asked who inspires them, they quickly mention Joke. In at her age, Joke is graceful and very captivating. She is an asset Hollywood definitely missed out on.

RAMSEY NOUAH JR.

[b]Ramsey Nouah grew in this industry. When he first started, many said he wasn't very convincing as an actor even though he was very good looking, but with time, Ramsey has taken roles and given deliveries that have impressed many. Great diction, great looks and a great actor, what else does Hollywood ask for?B]

http://www.nigerianfilms.net/hollywoodstandard.htm

Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by queen2(f): 3:09pm On Jan 25, 2006
with their pics respectively

Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by queen2(f): 3:13pm On Jan 25, 2006
more

Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by queen2(f): 3:15pm On Jan 25, 2006
n bimbo, joke silva n ramsey

Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by hotangel2(f): 4:30am On Jan 30, 2006
They made no mistakes when picking these people. The picker did not lie. I dont know that dakore girl, but i'll give her space to omotola jolade.

I like the people they picked.. although we all know there r some people that should be on the list. wink
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by pepsy: 11:59am On Jan 30, 2006
I would like to give props to every single actors/actresses that made this list, more grease to your elbow. That Yemi Blaq boy is good and I think he's gorgeous and I also think his acting is absolutely flawless.

Where is Omotola on this list?
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by Eastcoast(f): 11:28pm On Jan 30, 2006
These actors and actresses are good. but i really don't know how good they are when it comes to hollywood standard. maybe with a lil training they are qualified but presently i think they still have alot of work to do. esp when it comes to talking and squeezing their faces all in the name of having convincing facial expressions. have y'all noticed how hollywood actors and actresses make facial expressions without disfiguring by squeezing their pretty faces? i think that is one big thing for niaja actors and actresses.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by auwal(m): 12:52am On Apr 21, 2006
what of omotola jalade, ?
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by Priscila(f): 1:22pm On Apr 22, 2006
Include INI EDO in that list!
Not forgetting Omo.Men add this man called Bob Manuel Udokwu!
Thats the confidence of a scwarzenegger he has there!
They can try Hollywood standard!
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by timbachick(f): 6:09pm On Apr 22, 2006
keep up the good work Queen2, u did a great job no doubt, what about the following talented artists&actresses:
OMOTOLA JALADE EKEINDE
BOB MANUEL UDOKWU
STELLA DAMASKUS
INI EDO
SAINT OBI
u didnt include them, come on now, they're great, but the question is HOW PREPARED ARE THEY FOR HOLLYWOOD? remember Hollywood is not Nollywood, peace to y'all,
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by Orikinla(m): 11:53am On May 08, 2006
Top Nollywood Actor Emeka Enyiocha has been nominated for the Best Actor Award in the forthcoming Nigerian Entertainment Awards (NEA) on June 17 in Maryland, USA.
www.nigeriaentertainmentawards.com

Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by queen2(f): 12:29pm On May 08, 2006
Wow!
The guy is talented. cheesy
But i cant open the website undecided
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by kellorah: 6:38pm On Jul 18, 2006
i believe they can but, their accent, they'll have to phonerise or else, people wouldn't understand what they are saying resulting in movie flop!
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by snazzydawn(f): 11:28pm On Aug 01, 2006
For your information,Liz Benson is now Evangelist Liz Benson,she was in Uyo some weeks back for a meeting which she preached in.Was really inspiring.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by snazzydawn(f): 5:33pm On Sep 04, 2006
I trust Orikinla to always stand up for Emeka Enyicha.I am beginning to like him somehow,not too much o!
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by Raymand(m): 10:22pm On Sep 04, 2006
These clowns would have to make it first in the South African movie scene (which lets their action speak for them, unlike our pompous NOLLYWOOD tongue) before thinkin' of Hollywood. . . do yall know how complex Hollywood is?
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by LoverBwoy(m): 10:10am On Oct 23, 2006
Orikinla:

Top Nollywood Actor Emeka Enyiocha has been nominated for the Best Actor Award in the forthcoming Nigerian Entertainment Awards (NEA) on June 17 in Maryland, USA.
www.forbiddenentertainmentawards.com

one of those cheap awards they do every month, its getting sickening! Theyve done 10 already in the U.K withing 3 months na by force?
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by candylips(m): 10:22am On Oct 23, 2006
nice stuff
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by nwamaranma: 11:23am On Oct 23, 2006
Dakore egbuson is the only qualified person
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by dennylove(m): 11:25am On Oct 23, 2006
no be lie?Loverbwoy,THE REASON be say we no dey WELL ORGANISED.for the AWARD.but no worrry things go BETTER SOON.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by dennylove(m): 11:30am On Oct 23, 2006
NWAMARANMA,no!!!!!!!!!don't get things wrong,what about GENNY,OMOSEXY,RAMSEY, i mean,let say THE TOP TEN,nollywood stars who can make it to hollywood.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by LoverBwoy(m): 11:44am On Oct 23, 2006
Can they make it to Bollywood? grin
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by naija4life(f): 2:56pm On Oct 23, 2006
You should include Bob Manuel in that list OR, cool cool cool
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by candylips(m): 9:25pm On Oct 23, 2006
most of these people can not even act sef
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by naija4life(f): 12:03am On Oct 24, 2006
candylips:

most of these people can not even act sef

No candylips, the selection was almost 100% ok but some impt names were omitted angry
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by rudeboy(m): 1:09am On Oct 24, 2006
almost all the STARS can make the hollywood,remember that NAIJA is now a nation to watch in movies.they are the best in africa continent.pls encourage them. wink wink
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by ladyamazin(f): 12:08pm On Oct 24, 2006
i think most of 'em cn surely make it to hollywood coz they r gettin better almost everyday
however i think gene,stella and omotolla are more than ready to join hollywood
they realy r amazing just like ladyamazin herself, lol, wink
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by rudeboy(m): 9:10pm On Oct 24, 2006
oh yeah,LADYAMAZER,oh soory i was carried away by ur contribution,YES YOU ARE RIGHT wink wink wink
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by candylips(m): 9:20pm On Oct 24, 2006
easy
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by bumbaby(f): 3:25am On Oct 25, 2006
ah where is Omotola i think she should have been picked.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by Nobody: 4:03am On Oct 25, 2006
None of them except Ramey Nouah, RMD, and Liz Benson and Maybe Omotola

everyone else NO ---------------->
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by harpo(m): 9:22am On Oct 25, 2006
These choices are definately on target one can only add or subtract one or two, for me i will add omotola i want to believe she was totally not remembered and we all know she is dam good, since liz Benson has decided to stop acting and wanting to be an evangelist i think she should be left out of this list, off cause she is one of the best actresses Nigeria has produced. I am also glad that Jim Ike was not mentioned, definately not hollywood standard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Angel Evicted From The Big Brother Main House (Fake) / Brighto To Kiddwaya: Neo Is A Pretender, He Lies A Lot / Groovy And Phyna Settle Their Fight With A Passionate Kiss Inside The Pool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.