Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,006 members, 7,806,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) (58574 Views)

Black Rain In Parts Of Rivers / More Pictures As Lagos State Government Delivers Emmergency Food Relief Packages / Sanwo-Olu: Food Relief Package Not Meant For Every Lagos Resident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by 9jaRealist: 3:26am On Apr 21, 2020
Kobicove:
How can they be sharing food in Ikoyi when the real hungry people are in Ajegunle, Abule Egba, Igando etc

It is in ALL of the 57 LCDAs in Lagos...
>
Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by 9jaRealist: 3:31am On Apr 21, 2020
Beedude:

Oga this is rubbish. I am a fan of Sanwoolu. But this is outright rubbish . Its better to do nothing than this rubbish

Those recipients voting with their feet do not think it's rubbish...
>
Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by 9jaRealist: 3:34am On Apr 21, 2020
humblebobojay:
God help us in Nigeria o is it ordinary take away that will serve someone for two weeks and i am very sure its just for today they can never do it everyday! Even it can't serve someone for one day
opineflu:
how long can LASG and those beneficiaries sustain with such
bggrafix:
Will this be daily or this one plate for 28days total lockdown?

I think this thread should be moved to the
Joke Section.
elchapoo:
How long are we going to continue like this?
This one meal is it for the family man? are they going to line up at the same spot for another plate of food tomorrow or is it gonna fill them for a hole week or two ?
Naija I dey hail ooo
rollandben:
Thankfully, but this one you shared now is going to last for how many days oo

EVERY DAY, until at least the lockdown is lifted...

EKO ONI BAJE!!

>
Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by 9jaRealist: 3:39am On Apr 21, 2020
lexy2014:
Is d govt doing its citizens a favour by giving food that u expect d guy to be appreciative?

Reasonably sure enough to bet that most of those folks do not pay any taxes...
So, if they are not appreciative of the government, they should be for those of us who pay taxes.
>
Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by Abiajiga(m): 3:52am On Apr 21, 2020
Make I try this thing with faith for this hunger wey d deal with me. 0031-96-9580 access bank. A good Nigerian should help out abeg, speaking is better than complications. Calling me a cyber begger is better than stealing. Thanks for your help
Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by Lush100(m): 3:52am On Apr 21, 2020
Toor,
I don comot my hand for Nigeria matter oh.
The way leaders think in this country.

Nigeria people sorry oh.
Take your "Pele"tive.

Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by sylve11: 3:53am On Apr 21, 2020
Finnese001:
EKO ONI BAJE

grin grin cool
Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by sylve11: 3:56am On Apr 21, 2020
frozen70:

Be appreciative for once

Even if they don't cook and give, nothing will happen to government

Please, what's there to appreciate?

Nigerians are getting what they deserved. cool
Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by DAYOODS(m): 4:00am On Apr 21, 2020
Simplyleo:
What kind of rubbish is this?

Cooked food in take-away as a palliative?

What happens to giving out some quantity of raw food items, no matter how small?

Na those agbaya wey queue dey vex me pas. The clowns are even trying yo be organised by practicing social distancing so they wont miss one plate of food.

Is this thing organize by Lagos State government ? Are they obliged to you ? which one have you done in your locality ? I know it is people like you that will lick the plate and still complain.
Faults finders.
Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by mikeadek2003: 4:07am On Apr 21, 2020
Good Morning All, Pls if i can get a little help its getting a bit difficult to feed my wife and my single Son esp. Buying my Baby foods and other baby needs. Thank you All.
Account no : 0034097143
Account name : Adekola M Michael,
GTB Plc.
Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by DAYOODS(m): 4:12am On Apr 21, 2020
travelwaka:
I must say I commend the efforts of the state government since the beginning of this pandemic in Lagos.

In as much as i commend the state government efforts but this is not the way to go at all.
Based on how the Nigerian Government work, the cost of a plate might be charged at 2500 per plate to the government for a 150 naira worth of food so why not just give them the money or the raw food equivalent.
2. If they give the value of each of those plates that they will be sharing to people for the number of days as raw food or monetary lump sum, it will go a long way.
3. So does that mean these guys will be coming out to queue every day for their daily bread? That way they are even putting themselves in danger.
4. At the end of the day it wont make much sense as the vendors will be the biggest benefactors, they won't cook up to the required quantity even after charging triple or more than x10 of the value and they wont still going enough to last an adult.

I wish the Government can restrategise and identify those truly in need these food and give raw foods or cash equivalent but with this current way we might end up spreading the virus at distribution stands cos I did not see any form of social distance observed.

It is well with all of us, I think the Nigerian government needs to set up committees to check itself, cos if you look at most of the cases in Nigeria, a lot came through govt related officials. We really need to check that. God bless all of us.

Bros that thing you see up there is a private initiative, Lagos State Government is giving out staple food not cooked food.
Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by selfdefence: 4:15am On Apr 21, 2020
God bless those giving
Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by lighternote: 4:21am On Apr 21, 2020
Very dumb initiative! This is not a sustainable food "bank" system.
Why not pay minimum wage into their accounts or cash out That way they can sustain themselves longer.
This is obviously hunger games at play. The problem is that some will die of hunger and some will kill others out of hunger.
Loss-loss situation

cry cry :'
Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by 9jaRealist: 4:24am On Apr 21, 2020
Cris955:
the persons who are sharing the food are not even wearing things to protect themselves
nigerian government is bigger than this

You mean, protecting other people...
Face masks do NOT protect the wearers.
>
Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by Mraproko1: 4:26am On Apr 21, 2020
Free meals like this dey get small meat, we dey call am make Belle hot.
Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by 9jaRealist: 4:27am On Apr 21, 2020
Realfrankie:
Liberation
But the quantity of the food is too small

Portion control...
Nigerians pile too much food on their plates. grin grin grin
>

1 Like

Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by 9jaRealist: 4:31am On Apr 21, 2020
lexy2014:
How's d govt doing its best?

By giving food to those who might not had any...
Perfection should NEVER be an enemy of the good.
>
Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by KingOdart(m): 4:55am On Apr 21, 2020
DabuIIIT:

Shebi you and your type were making fun over the fake news that ikpeazu was sharing Eba in Abia state!

Shebi it's real here?!?!

Shame on you.

grin grin grin

Even if you want to use this to prove a senseless point, Lagos still distributed Food items some week back as palliatives during this lockdown
Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by 9jaRealist: 5:01am On Apr 21, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:
The world will be laughing at us

You've never heard of food or soup kitchens before?! shocked
Dude, you really need to get out to "the world" a bit more.
>
Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by KingOdart(m): 5:07am On Apr 21, 2020
DabuIIIT:
What goes around comes around.

Look at them all!!!! They were all making fun over the false news that ikpeazu was sharing Eba in Abia state.

But this one is authentic,Eba sharing Eba in Lagos and of course,ewedu and gbegiri to follow..
BAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAA!!!!!!!!
Lolsssssss

grin grin grin grin

Why are you crying all over the thread?

Have you forgotten that Lagos state still distributed regular food stuffs some weeks back?

This food sharing was the one the governor said he would implement last week as part of the measures to curb the hunger in the state and he finally implemented it which prove Sanwo Olu is a man of his words.

When did Abia Government distribute foodstuffs like Lagos did some weeks back? Since you want to compare Abia to Lagos

1 Like

Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by 9jaRealist: 5:10am On Apr 21, 2020
travelwaka:
I must say I commend the efforts of the state government since the beginning of this pandemic in Lagos.

In as much as i commend the state government efforts but this is not the way to go at all.
Based on how the Nigerian Government work, the cost of a plate might be charged at 2500 per plate to the government for a 150 naira worth of food so why not just give them the money or the raw food equivalent.
2. If they give the value of each of those plates that they will be sharing to people for the number of days as raw food or monetary lump sum, it will go a long way.
3. So does that mean these guys will be coming out to queue every day for their daily bread? That way they are even putting themselves in danger.
4. At the end of the day it wont make much sense as the vendors will be the biggest benefactors, they won't cook up to the required quantity even after charging triple or more than x10 of the value and they wont still going enough to last an adult.

I wish the Government can restrategise and identify those truly in need these food and give raw foods or cash equivalent but with this current way we might end up spreading the virus at distribution stands cos I did not see any form of social distance observed.

It is well with all of us, I think the Nigerian government needs to set up committees to check itself, cos if you look at most of the cases in Nigeria, a lot came through govt related officials. We really need to check that. God bless all of us.
lighternote:
Very dumb initiative! This is not a sustainable food "bank" system.
Why not pay minimum wage into their accounts or cash out That way they can sustain themselves longer.
This is obviously hunger games at play. The problem is that some will die of hunger and some will kill others out of hunger.
Loss-loss situation

cry cry :'
Ghostmode2two:
This is what the government have reduced Nigerians to. I take this as insult to the people of Lagos state. Is this what they call palliative? Individuals like Don Jazzy did better for his fans than this absolute nonsense don by Lagos state government. Whoever brought the idea is not thinking straight. I am waiting for anybody that will quote me and say it is better than nothing

Bystanders crying more than the bereaved... grin
Funny how the recipients do not seem to be complaining.

Anyway, LASG has (1) been distributing "raw food" and water since the lockdown started (see pic below)....
It has (2) now ADDED (cooked) food kitchens, and will (3) also be making CASH transfers to the poorest households.

>
Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by 9jaRealist: 5:20am On Apr 21, 2020
jaxxy:
Smtn is wrong with the way we think in this country. I don't know how to describe it but it's incredibly wrong. It affects every facet of our governance and development.

Public feeding is not bad bt the execution looks terrible. Not properly thought out. It's not decent at all. Why not use eatrys also. undecided

Mindset is everything.

What's the point in keeping restaurants closed then?! shocked

What's wrong with the way this has been conducted? Apart from perhaps Slay Kings who might be spotted on the food line?
The food are packed in containers, and the people line up in orderly manner (observing social distancing), pick up a pack and off they go.
>
Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by 9jaRealist: 5:25am On Apr 21, 2020
mofedamijo:
Nigerians are the dumbest people I have ever seen, why blame the government always. If the government can feed its people freshly cooked and clean meal daily, then I will urge the government to continue. Some of these people can not afford to buy kerosene, or gas to cook, even if you give them raw food, how do they cook the damn food? firewood, then all trees will be out of sight in few weeks. Let those who can still afford Kerosene and gas take raw food and those who can not be fed at least twice a day without putting anyone at risk of the virus.

Drops the mic.

BLESS YOU!

But it wouldn't be Nigerian unless some find a way to extract negatives from any positive. SMH
>
Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by OlaPhils(m): 5:25am On Apr 21, 2020
Melezenawii:

I first thought is the usual wailers

God bless Simplyleo

Good one

God Bless Lagos State
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

Guy i am totally disappointed in you, i must say that your brain is not working normal.
you are yelling just because of a plate of rice!
I believe it will last them until the end of the quarantine season
Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by 9jaRealist: 5:42am On Apr 21, 2020
Jaspernubi:
How Lagos which used to be the glory land of Nigeria is now reduced to a beggarly desperation by the Hausa Fulani government, Kings now beg for food, those who house the resources of Nigeria are now lining up in the street to be given minuscule from what is stolen from them
Lagocian who were not meant to suffer if they know that the resources of Nigeria cannot get to Abuja until it is stolen from the Maritime, the Aviation and every sectors in Nigeria where the thieves in Abuja draw mercy from

Instead of these youths banding together and refusing the slavery, they are queuing up to collect food which may also be laced with jazz to destroy their destinies
This is a sad situation considering that we grew up in the same Lagos when things were not as bad as it is
Yoruba people are the new slaves in Nigeria

The Ibos have long been liberated, they only await the total destruction of Yoruba which will give way to the setting up of Biafra
the Hausa have proved that they cannot run the country without Nepotism
Nigeria as it stand is stunted and is motionless
A shame to Africa

ABEGI GO CJHECK OUT THE LONG-LINES OF HUNDREDS AT FOOD BANKS IN THE US, THE WORLD'S RICHEST-EVER COUNTRY!
>
Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by West2019(m): 6:08am On Apr 21, 2020
Total rubbish God will punish our leader, corona pls do all. You can and locate our bad leaders pls
Re: Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) by Kidakudz5: 6:14am On Apr 21, 2020
Instead of them to share money. What kind of nonsense is this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC Announces Winner Of Osun Governorship Primary / Asari Dokubo Disassociates Self From Tweet Attributed To Him / Ayodele Fayose Asks Atiku To Accept Defeat, Return To Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.