Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,954 members, 7,806,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO (23420 Views)

Lagos Is An Eyesore Compared To The Developed Cities In Africa / Pictures:Lagos Was One Of The Most Developed Cities In West Africa Before Tinubu / Most Developed Cities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
Grgton:
the funny part is that he added economic activity to it... forgetting to add important cities like onitsha, Warri, Aba lol
They should never be on that list. I elaborated on what I meant by economic activity. Please go back, refresh and see the elaboration I made. You can say there are oil companies in warri but I tell you, warri is seen as "the field". The real offices of such oil companies are in Lagos. (At least for the ones that know and want to remain relevant in business). I rest my case
Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 21, 2020
funnyboss:
They should never be on that list. I elaborated on what I meant by economic activity. Please go back, refresh and see the elaboration I made. You can say there are oil companies in warri but I tell you, warri is seen as "the field". The real offices of such oil companies are in Lagos. (At least for the ones that know and want to remain relevant in business). I rest my case
Warri is another good Economic hub in Nigeria today... thou most offices of oil companies are in Lagos, but lots of Economic activity in that city
Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
Grgton:
Op you missed up the two criterial of your judgement together... Beautiful/Neatness and Economic developed.
1. Economic developed cities
Lagos
kano
Onitsha
port Harcourt
Aba
Ibadan
Benin city
Warri
Kaduna

[s] 2. Beautiful /Neatness
Uyo
Enugu
Lagos (island, lekki, ikeja, Victoria island
Abuja city
Calabar
Awka
Akure [/s]
As regards economic development, please go back to my original post. I elaborated on what I meant by economic activity. Also warri is seen as the "field" for oil companies (because I know in a situation where you go through the elaborations I made you may mention warri). Real activities (like major recruitments, corporate transactions and major decisions in these companies) are done IN LAGOS. (At least for the ones that know business). I rest my case.
Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
Grgton:
Warri is another good Economic hub in Nigeria today... thou most offices of oil companies are in Lagos, but lots of Economic activity in that city
Exactly my point! In other words WARRI SHOULDN'T BE THERE
Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 21, 2020
funnyboss:
few beautiful and neat cities in Nigeria with less Economic activities are Uyo, Enugu, calabar, Abuja, Awka, Akure,

while Nigeria's Economic and commercial hubs, full of massive Economic activities, also beautiful but not really neat, are Lagos, Kano, Onitsha, Ibadan, Port Harcourt, Aba, Warri, kaduna,
Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 21, 2020
funnyboss:
Exactly my point! In other words WARRI SHOULDN'T BE THERE
but it still doesn't make Warri not Economic viable
Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
Grgton:
but it still doesn't make Warri not Economic viable
I never said that. I only know it doesn't deserve the first 7 list. NEVER!
Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 21, 2020
funnyboss:
I never said that. I only know it doesn't deserve the first 7 list. NEVER!
Funnyboss... thought as much

Warri, most especially onitsha deserve the list.
Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 21, 2020
mynd44 oam4j seun do the needful na. Let's hear the healthy and matured views of others grin Though I stand on my views.
Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 21, 2020
Truly a lot of Nigerians (Especially southern Nigerians) are not well traveled (internally). At all! They are not
Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by Abia1stboy: 10:36pm On Apr 21, 2020
This is a useless guesswork that doesn't have bases. Besides it is your opinion and your opinion is baseless. There is no need to call any mod over a baseless thread that has its foundation on bias and unfounded claims.

1 Like

Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by MyopicMods: 10:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
Sammy07:

They're no match..
Buh because we west our silence is killing us.
Now, we've seen light grin

Most times we don't reply to their attacks on Ibadan.
I have time for them today cool

Mr they Intentionally left which I am happy they did.

If most Igbos will learn to ignore all these Yorubas both offline and online. They will achieve more on what they are doing.

Igbos trades more with hausas so I wonder all these engagements with tribes they have no link to if not just because of one Nigeria.

So enjoy your glory, doesn't add anything.
Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
Armaggedon:
you guess? you just created a thread based on guess.
Gerrarahere mehn!
Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by Moneywomen17(m): 12:21am On Apr 22, 2020
Grgton:
cool.... I got what you mean. for instance because uyo Is neat doesn't make it more developed than onitsha or Lagos, Ibadan etc

no city in Nigeria is economically developed and actually neat at the same time. I would say Lagos
yeah Lagos maybe and it’s mostlg coz there is more financial industry and less manufacturing compare to others
Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by Moneywomen17(m): 12:23am On Apr 22, 2020
Grgton:
few beautiful and neat cities in Nigeria with less Economic activities are Uyo, Enugu, calabar, Abuja, Awka, Akure,

while Nigeria's Economic and commercial hubs, full of massive Economic activities, also beautiful but not really neat, are Lagos, Kano, Onitsha, Ibadan, Port Harcourt, Aba, Warri, kaduna,
akure is very neat and organized. It has a lot of potential. Uyo, and calabar have massive potential to be a relaxing place that will attract people not only Nigeria but Africa’s
Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by Nobody: 12:41am On Apr 22, 2020
manchy7531:
Outside the physically and economically non functional Smelly cocoa house, that has been a den of rats, and it malls, what makes Ibadan a developed city?

Is it the size, Age, standard of living, economic opportunities, institutions, roads or what?

IBADAN
This is Aba, one of the most dirtiest cities in the world.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/travels/203734-onitsha-kaduna-aba-among-worlds-top-10-polluted-cities.html&ved=2ahUKEwjyysPF1_roAhVSUxoKHabaBKAQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw1I9aqSwLfvDROmdAHkQpGJ

Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 22, 2020
Anambralstson:

What is IMHO? I guess its located in Aje house in Ibadan, be Oluwale boys at your own risk
Fix this first before you talk about a Ibadan, idiot.

Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by XANDERBOY85: 1:02am On Apr 22, 2020
Nenyezz:
As expected, the thread has turned into tribal war. anyway op if economoc activity is the yardstick, then Onitsha should be on that list.

That was the OPs intention ab-initio, I suspect he has another moniker he uses for e-fights and dick measuring!
Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by agadez007(m): 1:21am On Apr 22, 2020
gomojam:
This is Aba, one of the most dirtiest cities in the world.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/travels/203734-onitsha-kaduna-aba-among-worlds-top-10-polluted-cities.html&ved=2ahUKEwjyysPF1_roAhVSUxoKHabaBKAQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw1I9aqSwLfvDROmdAHkQpGJ
are you so ashamed of Ibadan that you post a picture of Ibadan and name it Aba
even the blind can see yhat this is a typical South Western City

3 Likes

Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by Nobody: 1:22am On Apr 22, 2020
agadez007:
are you so ashamed of Ibadan that you post a picture of Ibadan and name it aba
even the blind can see yhat this is a typical South Western City
Idiot! That is Aba, the dirtiest in the world.

Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by agadez007(m): 1:26am On Apr 22, 2020
gomojam:
Idiot! That is Aba, the dirtiest in the world.
I don't doubt it's Aba but this one below you posted is A Yoruba settlement

1 Like

Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by Nobody: 1:30am On Apr 22, 2020
agadez007:
I don't doubt it's Aba but this one below you posted is A Yoruba settlement
Even if it is, does it beat Aba as the most dirtiest? Look again and answer me.

Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by agadez007(m): 1:39am On Apr 22, 2020
gomojam:
Even if it is, does it beat Aba as the most dirtiest? Look again and answer me.
Aba has bad roads but In terms of Dirtiness,The award goes to Ibadan

I have been to both places and Aba Dirtiness is usually overhyped

1 Like

Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by Nobody: 1:45am On Apr 22, 2020
agadez007:
Aba has bad roads but In terms of Dirtiness,The award goes to Ibadan

I have been to both places and Aba Dirtiness is usually overhyped
You are not more credible than WHO.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com › ...
Onitsha, Kaduna, Aba among world's top 10 most polluted cities – WHO ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by Moneywomen17(m): 1:51am On Apr 22, 2020
gomojam:

no mind that guy with his iPod stats

1 Like

Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by agadez007(m): 1:51am On Apr 22, 2020
gomojam:

Air pollution dude
Ibadan I know where Landlords don't build toilets,After India it's Ibadan in open defecation

1 Like

Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by agadez007(m): 1:55am On Apr 22, 2020
the pride of Ibadan is open defecation

1 Like

Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by agadez007(m): 1:59am On Apr 22, 2020
Somebody was posting About Agodi garden,Is that location for some kind of Olympics where Afonjas Shit in nylonbags and find out who flings it farthest

Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by Nobody: 1:59am On Apr 22, 2020
agadez007:
Air pollution dude
Ibadan I know where Landlords don't build toilets,After India it's Ibadan in open defecation
So we don shift to defecation? No problem. Its now a pandemic in Anambra. Like covid 19 like open defecation. grin

https://punchng.com › open-def...
Web results
Open defecation in Anambra community attracts N5,000 fine – Punch ...
Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by agadez007(m): 2:02am On Apr 22, 2020
gomojam:
So we don shift to defecation? No problem. Its now a pandemic in Anambra. Like covid 19 like open defecation. grin

https://punchng.com › open-def...
Web results
Open defecation in Anambra community attracts N5,000 fine – Punch ...
We don't do open defecation in Anambra,The fine is fro Afonja people in Anambra who would think Anambra is Ibadan where flinging of Shit nylonbags is a kind of sport
btw the pictures you posted are all ibadians

I can see kafayat and kamoru

1 Like

Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by Nobody: 2:02am On Apr 22, 2020
agadez007:
the pride of Ibadan is open defecation

Cry cry baby.....

1 Share

Re: Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO by Nobody: 2:05am On Apr 22, 2020
agadez007:
We don't do open defecation in Anambra,The fine is fro Afonja people in Anambra who would think Anambra is Ibadan where flinging of Shit nylonbags is a kind of sport
btw the pictures you posted are all ibadians

I can see kafayat and kamoru
grin grin grin take am there............ Anambarians, ambassador of filths grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud / Dapchi Abduction: Escapees Return To School, Recount Ordeal / Gov. Ortom And Suswam Reconcile.see How They Hugged Each Other(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.