Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic (39034 Views)

Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US / Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min / "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by somehow: 1:27pm On Apr 21, 2020
Nuel4:
are you serious? Chinese aren't even allowed access to normal Internet.
Look, Putin is my favourite president in the world but frankly speaking he's a dictator. Russian government completely regulate their media. Are you serious?
Germany those countries you mentioned are not under dictatorship regime so why don't you check their numbers in respect to their population.
Trump never called the virus a hoax. Check my previous post with explanation

Nairaland messed up that picture. Just type coronavirus per GDP on Google

what are you even saying?

did you watch the youtube video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh4uS4f78o
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by idahme(m): 1:37pm On Apr 21, 2020
Nikepucci1:
This is crazy!!!! imagine all other countries follow suit...It is all over for economic migrant...

US expatriate should leave and be refused to enter Nigeria too....

Are you a US citizen? If nope then go and hug transformers. Is trump your president? Should he act firstly in the interest of his people or the interest of the world? As long as his people support him there I'd nothing any shithole country can do about it. You think US will act in the interest of Nigeria instead of theirs? Do you number the number of Nigerian expatriate working in the US? the number of US expatriates working in Nigeria is like a drop of water in a bucket when compared to Nigerians working in the US.
Trump no be dullard of Nija, d guy will do everything to help his country.

1 Like

Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by Neoteny7: 1:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
OZAOEKPE:

Smiles, nothing you tell a Muslim about trump way go enter your head, if I tell you he do this you go give reason so I don't wanna argue

Yeah but what's Islam got to do with Trump, and why do you think all Muslims hate him? Are the more than 60% of Americans who hate him also Muslims?

Every single modern American president fights global terrorism, and despite the political rhetorics, we fully support that fight, except for the collateral damage.

I find it funny how some Nigerian Christians, including you apparently, see a great modern crusader in trump, thinking he's fighting the great Christian fight. Trump's about his business, ego, and country, in that order, and only panders to the evangelicals and conservative right in order to secure their crucial support, same way he patronizes neonazis and ultranationalists and white supremacists.

If a reviled, philandering, womanizing, misogynistic, racist, brash, loud, proud, vain, bad businessman is your iconic temporal messiah then that says a lot more about you than him.

5 Likes

Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 1:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
OZAOEKPE:

No vex daddy, the thing pain you grin

M us lim no go change, they hate trump but prefer to go USA than Saudi hypocrites
Pained by what exactly undecided? For being Nairaland's jester?
What you've said is:
1.Anyone who doesn't agree with any argument you make against trump must be Muslim.
2.America is Trump's what? Personal property? you don't like him then leave the country or don't come in.
Continue adding to your CV of foolery.
By the way,last time I checked,close to 40% of Saudi Arabia's population are immigrants.

1 Like

Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by grandstar(m): 1:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
GamalNasser:

How did he fail to arrest the pandemic , you leave the glaring failures and sabotage by democrat Governors and want to blame Trump instead.. Americans are wiser now , they know the true enemies

Trump is largely to blame. He kept underestimating the gravity of the coming pandemic until it hit America. The country was unprepared despite seeing what happened in Italy. America should have behaved like a world leader but it has instead become a good example of how not to handle a pandemic.

2 Likes

Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
RaptorX:
You don't give a fvck about his country but want to migrate to a country that has 10 times less opportunities and way more hostility to African immigrants, this is what is called a consoling yourself comment.
Just do your research about the country
And please do give me a feedback
Thanks
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
joeluv:
Why Netherlands if I may ask?
Try do a brief research about the country
And give me a feedback on what you think about the country
Thanks
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by NCANCHAIR(m): 2:04pm On Apr 21, 2020
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I salute your choice. Even though it’s cold as a witches titties but it’s close to Nigeria for coming home to visit.

I wish you luck in your journey.
Amen Boss
I google the flight from Amsterdam to muritala airport Lagos
It 6 hours and 50minute
Unlike America
That's is 15 hours or so far like hell

1 Like

Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by GloriaNinja(f): 2:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
If he like make he ban
I don't give a fúck about his country
Netherlands am coming
Please I will appreciate any help you can render to me this awful period, no matter how small, I will appreciate. God bless you. Acct num 0097851612, Access/Diamond bank
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by GamalNasser: 2:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
grandstar:

Trump is largely to blame. He kept underestimating the gravity of the coming pandemic until it hit America. The country was unprepared despite seeing what happened in Italy. America should have behaved like a world leader but it has instead become a good example of how not to handle a pandemic.

He handled the pandemic well abeg ...he was the first to issue travel restrictions and then y'all called him a Racist for that ... He advised early lockdown of cities but democrat governors refused and instead kept shouting about respirators they didn't stock and instead wanted to blame the govt for that failure ...He told them about the efficacy of chloroquine but the useless Dems instead placed restrictions in it preferring to use infusions and respirator that caused more deaths ..the stupid Dems now went further and issued a Do not Resuscitate (DNR) order to make sure the death rates were high so they could use it to campaign against Trump ....Tell me why these high deaths are rampart in democrat lead states

1 Like

Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by Cousin9999: 2:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
I'm sure Canada still has the door wide open. They'll take anyone, Chinese flu or not.
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by bezimo(m): 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
Staphylococcus:
This development might explode Canada and UK's population.

Canada and UK will follow suit
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by Focusmind: 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
He shouldn't withdraw American citizenship from children born to foreign non resident parents.

I spent so much to get my kids born in US. Though all of them are here with me in Nigeria.
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by Isoduwa(m): 2:25pm On Apr 21, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
If he like make he ban
I don't give a fúck about his country
Netherlands am coming

Come do wetin?
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
Finnese001:

red light district

if you know you know
Have you been to the country before
Do you have someone there
Have you applied for their visa before and got denied
If your answers to my above questions is No
Then please don't stop me grin
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 21, 2020
Isoduwa:

Come do wetin?

Go count Bridges grin
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by slashthroat: 2:29pm On Apr 21, 2020
Focusmind:
He shouldn't withdraw American citizenship from children born to foreign non resident parents.

I spent so much to get my kids born in US. Though all of them are here with me in Nigeria.

That man can do and undo
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by Isoduwa(m): 2:29pm On Apr 21, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Go count Bridges grin

Better stay in your country
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by Babapyro: 2:41pm On Apr 21, 2020
Staphylococcus:
This development might explode Canada and UK's population.

So you think those countries you mentioned are opening their borders for people right
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
Isoduwa:

Better stay in your country
Have you been there before cheesy
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by Isoduwa(m): 2:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Have you been there before cheesy

No, but i know where district light dey for there
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by frog12: 2:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
why is it crazy? they don ban flights. how are they different

Nikepucci1:
This is crazy!!!! imagine all other countries follow suit...It is all over for economic migrant...

US expatriate should leave and be refused to enter Nigeria too....
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by frog12: 3:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
and now they dey say trump mishandle everything

Nuel4:
the whole world failed my friend. The whole world is on lockdown not just USA. Everybody miscalculated the severity of the virus it is not just USA. How exactly was he supposed to arrest the pandemic when democrat politicians, including a mayor in New York were encouraging people to go on about social gatherings?

New York is the only reason USA have ugly numbers. New York alone has more cases than Italy and China combined and New York is completely a democrat state and their democrat politicians encouraged their people to live normal lives and have fun.
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by Osidazz19: 3:14pm On Apr 21, 2020
slashthroat:

You are not a citizen mr ewedu stop the audio

Turn yourself into a dog then see I won't secure a US pet passport for you. Just try it.
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by larrysworld: 3:30pm On Apr 21, 2020
Bros, I think you are the one getting this thing wrong. Trump according to the constitution of the United States cannot refuse a US citizen entry into the US. He is obligated under the law to ensure those Americans in China who wants to return to the US are able to do so howbeit in a safe manner.
Please let's get our facts correctly, Trump did not allow them straight into the country. The planes took them to military bases where tests were conducted and some of the citizens were quarantined in various military bases for two weeks before being able to enter the country. The administration took necessary precautions. That is not hubris, it is called a government's responsibility to her citizens wherever they may be.

The Buhari case is pathetic because they made no move to shut down the border to foreigners from the infected areas. Returning citizens should be quarantined but foreigners ought to have been turned back much earlier and border shut. Similar thing is what caused problems in Europe. They suck up to their Chinese masters for too long and boom, Europe became the epicentre.

Nigeria is indeed lucky that we are in a tropical region and according to scientist, survival of the virus, like most viruses is much lower in temperate regions so Africa is not really as hit as Europe and America. The stats in Nigeria are a total lie. I don't think Nigeria do up to 2 thousand tests a a day for a population of 250 million so we don't really have a true picture and we are lucky because we might not need to because of location and also existence malaria antibodies in our blood system, otherwise, it would have been hundreds of thousands of death. America with 350 million people conduct 150 thousand tests a day, we are not even close. But for God who placed us where we are as a nation in Africa, it would have been terrible.

Regarding WHO, don't even go there; a brief research into Tedrus will be a eye opener.

Neoteny7:

You've bought into GOP and fox news nonsense.

The WHO played key roles, and is still playing, in the early days of this outbreak despite a few false starts.

Also allowing 45,000 probably infected people into the US society just because they're "countrymen" is a dumb and reckless idea, and i do recall people cursing Buhari to close entryways even for returnees. The health of the many far outweighs the convenience of the few. Behold the results of trump's hubris.

You're a Nigerian but you're here talking smack about Republicans vs Democrats undecided

1 Like

Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by RaptorX: 3:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Just do your research about the country
And please do give me a feedback
Thanks
I don't need to do any research or like you consult Google, I have been to Holland couple of times and I stand by my comment.
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by Legendguru: 3:44pm On Apr 21, 2020
THey don’t want people before so no excuse
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by larrysworld: 4:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
Please watch this video from @Millie__Weaver

Hot Mic Moment at #Coronavirus Task Force Press Briefing!
After learning about new California Public Health study that suggests morbidity rates are much lower than previously projected...
Members of media are heard calling #COVID19 a "Hoax!"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1252604126258757633
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by larrysworld: 4:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
maasoap:

Do you follow him on twitter? Because I do. It is there on his twitter page if he hasn't shamefully deleted it. He made that statement around February

Go to his twitter page. Don't defend what you had no idea of.

Please watch this video from @Millie__Weaver

Hot Mic Moment at #Coronavirus Task Force Press Briefing!
After learning about new California Public Health study that suggests morbidity rates are much lower than previously projected...
Members of media are heard calling #COVID19 a "Hoax!"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1252604126258757633

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police / Truck Rams Into Tricycle In Onitsha, One Dies, Others Injured (Disturbing Photo) / Young Lady Dies After Tragic Accident In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.