Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Please Advise. Her Mouth Is Always Opened - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Advise. Her Mouth Is Always Opened (1504 Views)

HER HUSBAND DROPS ONLY 3k EVERYDAY FOR SHE AND HER TWO KIDS. PLEASE ADVISE HER / She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her / My Sister Wants Court Marriage, Her Husband Doesn't. Advise Her Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise. Her Mouth Is Always Opened by Nobody: 6:43am On Apr 21, 2020
She's 6years old.
We often shout at her before she can suddenly close her mouth during the day, but at night, she sleeps with her mouth opened.
Have you encountered this with your children?
What did you do to correct that.
I fear she might keep opening her mouth even in adulthood.

Suggestions, recommendations are all welcome please.
Re: Please Advise. Her Mouth Is Always Opened by KaideeGee(m): 6:47am On Apr 21, 2020
As she dey sleep open mouth, catch one big spider put for her mouth, thank us later.
Re: Please Advise. Her Mouth Is Always Opened by yanabasee(m): 6:51am On Apr 21, 2020
easyconnect:
She's 6years old.
We often shout at her before she can suddenly close her mouth during the day, but at night, she sleeps with her mouth opened.

Look for those people that look derange and have big mouth and teeth.... that is caused by their frequent opening of mouth and tell her that, she'll look exactly like that, if she refuses to be closing her mouth ....

Then look for a friend or somebody that she loves to play with, either in school or at home and tell the person to help and talk to her about opening her mouth....

That way, she should be mindful of it....

5 Likes

Re: Please Advise. Her Mouth Is Always Opened by godfatherx: 7:04am On Apr 21, 2020
I think she has breathing difficulties, seek medical attention after this coro guy go

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise. Her Mouth Is Always Opened by Femsyn(m): 7:07am On Apr 21, 2020
Might be genetic. Have you tried looking inwards?

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise. Her Mouth Is Always Opened by godfatherx: 7:08am On Apr 21, 2020
yanabasee:

Look for those people that look derange and have big mouth and teeth.... that is caused by their frequent opening of mouth and tell her that, she'll look exactly like that, if she refuses to be closing her mouth .... Then look for a friend or somebody that she loves to play with, either in school or at home and tell the person to be mocking her for opening her mouth....

Pls, don't follow this poster's instructions, you may end up damaging the child's psyche, she's too young for that.

Don't use your hand to do yourself o

4 Likes

Re: Please Advise. Her Mouth Is Always Opened by cooooooks(m): 7:12am On Apr 21, 2020
I grew up with my mouth always open. It still happens till date but I had to consciously make the effort to close the mouth in secondary school.

I hear that in some cases, the child is breathing through the mouth as there is some blockage or irritation in the nose.

easyconnect:
She's 6years old.

Re: Please Advise. Her Mouth Is Always Opened by catwalq(f): 7:16am On Apr 21, 2020
yanabasee:

Look for those people that look derange and have big mouth and teeth.... that is caused by their frequent opening of mouth and tell her that, she'll look exactly like that, if she refuses to be closing her mouth .... Then look for a friend or somebody that she loves to play with, either in school or at home and tell the person to be mocking her for opening her mouth....

The second approach might negatively affect the child's self esteem.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise. Her Mouth Is Always Opened by donbachi(m): 7:18am On Apr 21, 2020
I suck hand while growing up,my people complained to everyone dat cared to listen and they got wat they inquired for.but na me come suffer am.dem go rub bitterleaf for my hand,rub chloroquine..i go suck all comot.dey use plaster,e no work.dem even cut razor for d hand..i suck d blood and d wound join..dem come tire for my mata..all i know be sey,i no suck hand from primary 4 till date..leave her,she go out grow am.

9 Likes

Re: Please Advise. Her Mouth Is Always Opened by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 21, 2020
KaideeGee:
As she dey saleep open mouth, catch one big spider put for her mouth, thank us later.
Lol. Be serious jor
Re: Please Advise. Her Mouth Is Always Opened by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 21, 2020
yanabasee:

Look for those people that look derange and have big mouth and teeth.... that is caused by their frequent opening of mouth and tell her that, she'll look exactly like that, if she refuses to be closing her mouth ....

Then look for a friend or somebody that she loves to play with, either in school or at home and tell the person to help and talk to her about opening her mouth....

Thanks
Re: Please Advise. Her Mouth Is Always Opened by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 21, 2020
godfatherx:
I think she has breathing difficulties, seek medical attention after this coro guy go
Although. Her breathing is okay. But will consider what you suggested anyway. Thanks
Re: Please Advise. Her Mouth Is Always Opened by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 21, 2020
Femsyn:
Might be genetic. Have you tried looking inwards?
Inward? I don't get it.
Re: Please Advise. Her Mouth Is Always Opened by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 21, 2020
cooooooks:
I grew up with my mouth always open. It still happens till date but I had to consciously make the effort to close the mouth in secondary school.

I hear that in some cases, the child is breathing through the mouth as there is some blockage or irritation in the nose.

Wao. Till date? That's what I'm afriad of.
Re: Please Advise. Her Mouth Is Always Opened by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 21, 2020
donbachi:
I suck hand while growing up,my people complained to everyone dat cared to listen and they got wat they inquired for.but na me come suffer am.dem go rub bitterleaf for my hand,rub chloroquine..i go suck all comot.dey use plaster,e no work.dem even cut razor for d hand..i suck d blood and d wound join..dem come tire for my mata..all i know be sey,i no suck hand from primary 4 till date..leave her,she go out grow am.
I pray so. Thanks for sharing
Re: Please Advise. Her Mouth Is Always Opened by cooooooks(m): 8:41am On Apr 21, 2020
It can happen but it's very controlled.

easyconnect:
Wao. Till date? That's what I'm afriad of.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise. Her Mouth Is Always Opened by catwalq(f): 12:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
easyconnect:
Inward? I don't get it.

He means you should do a research, if you or anyone in your family or spouse's family had/did it
Re: Please Advise. Her Mouth Is Always Opened by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 21, 2020
catwalq:

He means you should do a research, if you or anyone in your family or spouse's family had/did it
Okay
Re: Please Advise. Her Mouth Is Always Opened by veeveanO(f): 10:30pm On Apr 21, 2020
Re: Please Advise. Her Mouth Is Always Opened by Nekky5(f): 11:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
Just find out medically if she is alright and if eventually she is , pls deal with it seriously now she is younger because its a bad habit she must have learnt from someone.always correct in love.
Re: Please Advise. Her Mouth Is Always Opened by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 22, 2020
godfatherx:

You are right. Breathing difficulties and or malocclusion. She may even need braces and correction.
To the OP, take your child to the children out patient department of the teaching hospital of your city, and it would be taken up from there.
This is not an emergency so you may want to wait till the COVID19 issue is taken care of.
Please do not attack your child’s psyche and confidence from now on, don’t beat or punish her for this “crime of monumental dimensions”. Imagine “correcting” her only to find out her jaw is either too big and or small? This would then mean that her mouth opening is not her fault and you have been punishing her for it? For something she can’t help? That would be traumatic for her especially.
Counselling is also readily available at every teaching hospital.
So just chill, and cheers
Re: Please Advise. Her Mouth Is Always Opened by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 22, 2020
Okay. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sniper Was Used To Kill Army Ants, Lizards And Falcon Fall Victim / Uncle Of Nigerian Living Abroad Misappropriates Building Fund / He Said I Rather Resign Than Take Instruction From A Small Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.