Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (923383 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sugah: 11:17pm On Nov 09, 2020
Enick:

We the embassy automatically reschedule a new date for those whose appointment were canceled owing to Covid or that individual has to start looking for an appointment date by his/herslf?
I dont know but I doubt they will to avoid scheduling dates that aren't convenient for the applicant
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bastardson: 3:23pm On Nov 10, 2020
bastardson:
Please does the whole travel history thing still matter?

Is Dubai enough to build a travel history or a European punter will be better ?
Anyone?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pointednose: 8:17am On Nov 12, 2020
ebyne:

Now I see that the earliest appointment is for n April 2021 in November, wow! From experience, does anybody know whether one can still get a date in January or February?

Did you make this appointment? Cos I see appointments are no longer available.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pappybarry(m): 2:12pm On Nov 12, 2020
Hi guys. Please I will like to know if its mandatory to have an invite to be granted a tourist visa. If yes, what requirements qualify someone to be classified as friend?

So I want to visit my girlfriend in Texas but we haven't met yet. We are planning to meet up in dubai or the Bahamas before we can push for a visit to the US.

Please I need all the advise I can get. I'll also appreciate if you can share tips on how to go about it if there are more alternatives I haven't mentioned.

The end goal for me is to get a job and permanent residence. But I'm willing to take thing one step at a time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 12, 2020
pappybarry:
Hi guys. Please I will like to know if its mandatory to have an invite to be granted a tourist visa. If yes, what requirements qualify someone to be classified as friend?

So I want to visit my girlfriend in Texas but we haven't met yet. We are planning to meet up in dubai or the Bahamas before we can push for a visit to the US.

Please I need all the advise I can get. I'll also appreciate if you can share tips on how to go about it if there are more alternatives I haven't mentioned.

The end goal for me is to get a job and permanent residence. But I'm willing to take thing one step at a time.
just meet in person in any country where as a Nigerian you don't need visa and she can apply for your fiance visa after meeting in person.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pappybarry(m): 9:44am On Nov 13, 2020
SmartKitty:

just meet in person in any country where as a Nigerian you don't need visa and she can apply for your fiance visa after meeting in person.

Thanks Smart Kitty. But what if fiance or spouse visa wasn't an option. Last last it could come to that, but I'll like to explore more options.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 13, 2020
pappybarry:

Thanks Smart Kitty. But what if fiance or spouse visa wasn't an option. Last last it could come to that, but I'll like to explore more options.
Try to get a job or student visa, date your GF in real life or invite her to live in your country, know each other better, date and see.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by officerlarry: 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2020
Good day all, please has anyone been able to get appointment dates for B1/B2 visa in Lagos or Abuja lately.Please if you are able to get , please I need help on how you were able to get.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Brainboxman(m): 2:43am On Nov 14, 2020
Please, is the US embassy open for new visa applications (B1/B2 visa)?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Janet200: 3:00am On Nov 14, 2020
Please has any one been in this situation before, my parents came to visit me in March, they were supposed to leave in May but due to covid their flight was canceled. In August I applied for extension of stay base on the six months rule before Nigeria airspace resumed. Now the extension of stay I applied for is still pending, no biometric notification yet from USCIS, I don’t know whether if they leave now the days they stayed will count against them.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TheEnforcer: 7:58am On Nov 14, 2020
pappybarry:

Invites are not needed.What is important is they want you to prove that you have a good reason to visit the usa at the interview and that you will return to Nigeria afterwards .The fact that you have never met in real life will not be favorably looked upon.Thats more like virtual reality.You needed to have met in person if you want them to take you seriously

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sugah: 10:00am On Nov 14, 2020
Janet200:
Please has any one been in this situation before, my parents came to visit me in March, they were supposed to leave in May but due to covid their flight was canceled. In August I applied for extension of stay base on the six months rule before Nigeria airspace resumed. Now the extension of stay I applied for is still pending, no biometric notification yet from USCIS, I don’t know whether if they leave now the days they stayed will count against them.
But the Nigerian airspace has been open since July

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 1:41pm On Nov 14, 2020
pappybarry:

Smartkitty has answered your concerns, but note the following things a VO will not like.

There are no requirements to qualify as a friend. A friend is a friend. Don't try to sell the friendship to a VO. They are trained to look out for stuff like that.

Invitation letter not necessary.

Proof of Dubai and/or Bahamas vacation together is good, but bad.
If granted a visit visa, what assurances can you show you won't stay back and pursue marriage with her and stay back and request for AOS?
I mean you have toured half the world with her...

Your intention to get a job and PR.
No marriage to her?

To get a job that leads to PR requires EAD which can be obtained by a company sponsoring you or through marriage.

Rethink it all and cover these bases so it's not uhuru later.
Use Smartkitty's reply as a 'plan.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Janet200: 2:40pm On Nov 14, 2020
sugah:

But the Nigerian airspace has been open since July

I know I sent the extension package before the Nigeria airspace started operating. And a lawyer said they can’t leave else the extra days after their six months stay will count against them.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sugah: 2:57pm On Nov 14, 2020
Janet200:

I know I sent the extension package before the Nigeria airspace started operating. And a lawyer said they can’t leave else the extra days after their six months stay will count against them.
Then you should be talking to your lawyers....

March to September is 6 months....the airspace has been officially open for months now meaning they've had plenty of time to return to Nigeria but didn't.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Janet200: 3:18pm On Nov 14, 2020
sugah:

Then you should be talking to your lawyers....

March to September is 6 months....the airspace has been officially open for months now meaning they've had plenty of time to return to Nigeria but didn't.
The Nigeria airspace for international flight open on September 5th, their I-94 date for 6 months stay was sep 2nd, and you have to send extension 45 days before the date on I-94 which I did. Please allow people that has experience with extension of stay to answer my question if you don’t have an answer

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sugah: 4:00pm On Nov 14, 2020
Janet200:

The Nigeria airspace for international flight open on September 5th, their I-94 date for 6 months stay was sep 2nd, and you have to send extension 45 days before the date on I-94 which I did. Please allow people that has experience with extension of stay to answer my question if you don’t have an answer
Ok
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:18pm On Nov 14, 2020
Janet200:

Then follow up on the extension you applied for, or have your folks be on a flight back to Nigeria.
No need to be harsh on anyone here. We all don't work with USGovt.
This is all you can do with an extension request. Follow up with the Govt.
September 2nd/5th to November is another 60 days after. That's the time frame you need to be worried about or explain why your folks STILL DIDNT TRAVEL BACK

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Janet200: 6:45pm On Nov 14, 2020
fkj950ax:

Then follow up on the extension you applied for, or have your folks be on a flight back to Nigeria.
No need to be harsh on anyone here. We all don't work with USGovt.
This is all you can do with an extension request. Follow up with the Govt.
September 2nd/5th to November is another 60 days after. That's the time frame you need to be worried about or explain why your folks STILL DIDNT TRAVEL BACK

It’s clear you are daft about my post, I ask a simple question and the reason why I ask here is to know if any one applied for extension of stay due to covid, and how long it took them, you no help my folks pay application, flight or extension fee to want to dictate when they are supposed to come back, you no even know anything about the process in the first place so replying your post is a waste of time. I no mention your name for my post
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 7:11pm On Nov 14, 2020
Janet200:

It’s clear you are daft about my post, I ask a simple question and the reason why I ask here is to know if any one applied for extension of stay due to covid, and how long it took them, you no help my folks pay application, flight or extension fee to want to dictate when they are supposed to come back, you no even know anything about the process in the first place so replying your post is a waste of time. I no mention your name for my post

Thank God for daft people.

PSA
USCIS has extensive info on its website, including October 2020 info update on what to do if you are a nonimmigrant still in the US due to COVID, Lockdown, Flight Delays/Cancelation and slow reply to EOS request, but you are too smart not to read up USCIS website.

Your folks are fine. No penalty for being there up till now. Just that you haven't said why they are still there since Sept 05

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Eseoghenekoko(f): 10:14pm On Nov 17, 2020
Hello People,

Please, do I need to create a separate DS 160 form when applying for a tourist visa for my family.

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ultimatebas(m): 11:27am On Nov 18, 2020
Eseoghenekoko:
Hello People,

Please, do I need to create a separate DS 160 form when applying for a tourist visa for my family.

Thank you

Definitely

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 12:58pm On Nov 18, 2020
Kudos to everyone on this platform. I was once invited for a conference 2018 was denied. The same conference came up this year june and was invited and i applied but all appointment was cancelled due to covid, and d visa fee valid for 1yr to March 2021, can I use it to apply for Esther celebration holiday, or it must be for that same conference. As some people say your application must not change, however i got another job in another company can I change it to the present one. Thank you [mquote author=sandraigho post=95454947]Someone confirmed The January date is for Lagos

March is for Abuja

[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ebyne: 5:25pm On Nov 18, 2020
pointednose:

Did you make this appointment? Cos I see appointments are no longer available.

Not really. Was hoping to see an earlier date but the next date is now May 24 on the portal. I suggest you check everyday. You will stumble on a date but may exceed your expectations though
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ebyne: 5:32pm On Nov 18, 2020
Just wondering.....we are still in Nov 2020 and the available appointment day as at today for Lagos is May 2021..... It is well...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Eseoghenekoko(f): 6:15pm On Nov 18, 2020
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if Abuja Embassy is open, or is it just Lagos for now?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by robify01: 9:41am On Nov 20, 2020
Greetings dear gurus in the house!

I have a few questions about visiting the USA.

I have a friend in the US(married and a Nurse) who wish to invite me and my wife over (we have no kids yet). He wants us to come live & work in the US through INVITATION.

We've never met in person but got to know him through a friend I know from Childhood who now live in South Africa.

My questions:

In view of our circumstance, is it possible for both of us to be INVITED?

What category of Visa will work for us?

Can we stay back in the US? Is there any legal option for staying back in the US?

Note: the goal is to get PR

Please help me explore all options available.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pointednose: 11:15am On Nov 20, 2020
ebyne:

Not really. Was hoping to see an earlier date but the next date is now May 24 on the portal. I suggest you check everyday. You will stumble on a date but may exceed your expectations though
Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pointednose: 11:24am On Nov 20, 2020
I just don't get this kind of appointments that will be available for one day or two and then it's gone....can't find any appointment currently

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Lawke: 3:47pm On Nov 24, 2020
Hello, please can anyone put me in the right direction on how to apply for a medical visa for my dad. He has cancer and would like to get the treatment in the USA. I would like to know how to apply for a medical visa. He also got an appointment for visit visa last year, but rescheduled to this year may 2020 because of covid. Can he use the same appointment for medical visa or what is the process for medical visa. Pls help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Janet200: 4:48pm On Nov 24, 2020
Lawke:
Hello, please can anyone put me in the right direction on how to apply for a medical visa for my dad. He has cancer and would like to get the treatment in the USA. I would like to know how to apply for a medical visa. He also got an appointment for visit visa last year, but rescheduled to this year may 2020 because of covid. Can he use the same appointment for medical visa or what is the process for medical visa. Pls help

So sorry about your dads health, I think B1/B2 falls under visiting and medical, he can still use it but still call the embassy to ask and tell them how urgent it is, cancer survival depends on early detection and treatment. When you get here call different cancer organizations to see how you can get help financially and also go to a non profit hospital that can render him financial assistance, cos the bill no be here. Am speaking from experience.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by maximilano: 5:44pm On Nov 24, 2020
Lawke:
So sorry to hear about your dad’s condition.
Just apply for B1/B2 Visa, medical tourism falls under this category. For the MRV fee validity I don’t think payments made before the COVID19 period carries that extended validity period. You can call the embassy to get further clarifications. I wish your dad a great and speedy recovery.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (433) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5

Viewing this topic: Trueigbo and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.