Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,436 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (918585 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by smatadex(m): 1:45pm On Dec 14, 2022
seyewest:

Take your time to go through the previous thread especially Part 2 and 3 because from experience they usually deny a lot of vehicle dealers probably because you're basically going to U.S to work as a vehicle inspector there by taking the job from a U.S citizen.

I am not going there to collect anyone job, Im only going there to inspect the market I want to buy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 2:16pm On Dec 14, 2022
smatadex:

I am not going there to collect anyone job, Im only going there to inspect the market I want to buy.

Okay, when you get to the Embassy, they will explain better. Good luck

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by smatadex(m): 3:55pm On Dec 14, 2022
seyewest:

Okay, when you get to the Embassy, they will explain better. Good luck

So you were saying no chance for me? Or is there a way I should go about it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 4:36pm On Dec 14, 2022
smatadex:

I'm not one of the consular or work at the embassy but I've spent more than 8 years on this thread and I can tell you from experience that, your reason for traveling to U.S is quite weak for a first time traveler, as a first time traveler, you have no business going near the embassy except in exceptional cases, you need quality travel history, you can actually stay behind and be sending cars to Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seanj1: 5:12pm On Dec 14, 2022
Hello, I need help. After making payments (few months ago) and I tried submitting my app for IW today, I noticed my profile has my passport number wrong by a digit. However my payment has the correct passport number. How do I resolve this?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Confirmeroptima(f): 8:59pm On Dec 14, 2022
Hello Seanj1

Were you able to pass this stage? If yes, please how were you able to resolve this? on my application page, it is still showing expiration within the past 24 months as against the 48months?

Many thanks

seanj1:

Hello, I qualify for this, but during the booking process on the website, it is asking for expiration within the past 24 months. Why hasn’t that been updated?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by zanyt: 9:08pm On Dec 14, 2022
Hello Good Evening all
I’m new here and I have a quick question.
My mum travelled to the US for visiting in 2018 and after she got back she reapplied in 2020 for the same category but she was denied.
Now my question. Is she qualified for the drop box (Interview waiver) or she needs to go through regular appointment?
Also I kindly request for a BI/B2 visa date search group (WhatsApp or telegram)
Your response is highly appreciated.
Thank you!!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ehimeomo(f): 12:27am On Dec 15, 2022
Hello house, this place was quite helpful during my application time for child-birth (2018). I will be going for renewal (interview) in January, please, while filling my DS-160 , do I have to fill in my child’s name under “other persons traveling with you?” Though, we are traveling together but she has a US passport (citizen) kinda looks confusing since she isn’t applying, is filling her info optional? This is for just visit/vacation. Kindly assist!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jeftliu: 1:54am On Dec 15, 2022
seyewest:

No it won't affect your interview date and CGI is the website you use in getting appointment date.

I did not book my appointment through CGI there's a site they used to book appointment in UAE but I read something like cancel an appointment before you can be able to edit

I dont think that I will like to cancel my appointment that is coming up in less than one month then wait for almost a year for new appointment date...

Please is it possible to correct the mistake and go along with the old and new confirmation page without touching the appointment website
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 7:01am On Dec 15, 2022
Jeftliu:

I did not book my appointment through CGI there's a site they used to book appointment in UAE but I read something like cancel an appointment before you can be able to edit

I dont think that I will like to cancel my appointment that is coming up in less than one month then wait for almost a year for new appointment date...

Please is it possible to correct the mistake and go along with the old and new confirmation page without touching the appointment website

US embassy site or another one? Find out the site.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 7:04am On Dec 15, 2022
smatadex:

He has fully explained it to you. Chances are slim cos of your work. If you really need to come inspect your cars before shipment then B1/B2 is not the right visa. Inspection is working and you are not supposed to work with visitors visa.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:33am On Dec 15, 2022
zanyt:
Hello Good Evening all
My mum travelled to the US for visiting in 2018 and after she got back she reapplied in 2020 for the same category but she was denied.
Now my question. Is she qualified for the drop box (Interview waiver) or she needs to go through regular appointment?
Thank you!!!
No she’s not, she has to show up for an interview. Refer to the IW guidelines for further information.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by smatadex(m): 8:43am On Dec 15, 2022
flourishing247:

He has fully explained it to you. Chances are slim cos of your work. If you really need to come inspect your cars before shipment then B1/B2 is not the right visa. Inspection is working and you are not supposed to work with visitors visa.

My main purpose of going there is to buy cars myself, which will save me more money than online, so may be I should eradicates ‘inspect’ and we are talking about 8-10 cars. Going there to buy it myself will save my close to $10k than buying it online, which is enough to cover the 10-14 days trip. So is not to really inspect tho
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by keni: 9:01am On Dec 15, 2022
smatadex:

My main purpose of going there is to buy cars myself, which will save me more money than online, so may be I should eradicates ‘inspect’ and we are talking about 8-10 cars. Going there to buy it myself will save my close to $10k than buying it online, which is enough to cover the 10-14 days trip. So is not to really inspect tho

You will likely be denied, look for another reason to give to them. Experience from this thread shows they deny people with your reason alot. Good luck

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:00am On Dec 15, 2022
smatadex:

Show up with this reason and most likely get a denial, two people have responded to you earlier but you don’t seem convinced. You may be the a rare approval of such , so maybe a feedback after your interview will be appreciated.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kezz15: 1:07pm On Dec 15, 2022
Ehimeomo:
Hello house, this place was quite helpful during my application time for child-birth (2018). I will be going for renewal (interview) in January, please, while filling my DS-160 , do I have to fill in my child’s name under “other persons traveling with you?” Though, we are traveling together but she has a US passport (citizen) kinda looks confusing since she isn’t applying, is filling her info optional? This is for just visit/vacation. Kindly assist!!

Yea, you can include your U.S born child. I did that and got my visa approved last month (IW).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by smatadex(m): 1:20pm On Dec 15, 2022
keni:

You will likely be denied, look for another reason to give to them. Experience from this thread shows they deny people with your reason alot. Good luck

That is my problem, I really don’t know what other reason to give them, because this is my main reason of going there. So I won’t look stupid during the interview. Anyways, thanks so much, really appreciate.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 2:00pm On Dec 15, 2022
Confirmeroptima:
Hello Seanj1

Were you able to pass this stage? If yes, please how were you able to resolve this? on my application page, it is still showing expiration within the past 24 months as against the 48months?

Many thanks

Go ahead and submit your passport for Dropbox.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 15, 2022
smatadex:

That is my problem, I really don’t know what other reason to give them, because this is my main reason of going there. So I won’t look stupid during the interview. Anyways, thanks so much, really appreciate.

Don't get yourself worked up sir. You have a valid reason to travel so go there and state your reason. General approval rates are low and if you're denied work out a plan B.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2022
zanyt:
Hello Good Evening all
Thank you!!!

How long was her stay in U.S? She's not qualified for Dropbox.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 2:04pm On Dec 15, 2022
Ehimeomo:
Yes fill her information under '' other persons traveling with you''
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 2:06pm On Dec 15, 2022
Jeftliu:

I'm not aware you're trying to apply from UAE and you will need to call them to assist you. This platform is for Nigerian applicant.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 2:12pm On Dec 15, 2022
smatadex:

At this stage, you don't need us since you've already made up your mind, remember anything can happen, so give it a try, we learn everyday.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ehimeomo(f): 3:35pm On Dec 15, 2022
seyewest:

Yes fill her information under '' other persons traveling with you''

Thanks. I appreciate
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ehimeomo(f): 3:37pm On Dec 15, 2022
Kezz15:

Yea, you can include your U.S born child. I did that and got my visa approved last month (IW).
Thanks dear. I appreciate & I’m eligible for (IW) but decided to go physically present my case since most pple are saying it’s better to have a physical interview after medical/child-birth.
Thanks all the same.

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (431) (Reply)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.