Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,002 members, 7,806,918 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (922549 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chemicalboss1(m): 5:02pm On Jun 20, 2021
Is like the approval rate is now higher than the refusal rate☺
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Odiscoc: 4:47pm On Jun 21, 2021
hello everyone, i intend on going to the state, first timer, no travel history, age 28 not married, but have a kid with my girl friend, hope to get married soon but plan is if i can get to the state and then bring them in, and i do have someone in the state Georgia, what is my chances of the visa, so im thinking its maybe easy for me as the person sending the invitation in the state is a US Army both the Woman and her Husband works in the US Army and in a top ranked position, the lady we know before she traveled to usa years back when we were little kids and we just like a family friend and the mother is our pastor too. she went to the state with a schoolarship and after her school she joined the US army and thats where she meet her husband and they both got married with kids, the husband has a higher rank in the army.

Now her mother has also joined her in the state, shes a little old now "65" and me and my dad spoke to her she was telling us how easy it was for her that she was only sent plane ticket she never left her home due to the position her daughter holds in the US Army, she didnt even went for an interview or whatso ever, they already spoke with the embassy from the Army, they only sent a taxi to pick her to the airport for her flight, i wonder how true it is but i believe her cos a woman of that age cant lie and beside shes our former pastor before she left.

So now due to the relationship we had for years from kids, we using that opportunity and my father told her to help his son which is me to talk to her daughter who works in the US army to help me over to the state and she agreed,

so now have been tru all this tread i want to know my chances, i want to know if as shes working in a US Army and in a government position is it an advantage for me will the VO even check or care about that or not,

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Damian457: 6:30pm On Jun 21, 2021
Odiscoc:
hello everyone, i intend on going to the state, first timer, no travel history, age 28 not married, but have a kid with my girl friend, hope to get married soon but plan is if i can get to the state and then bring them in, and i do have someone in the state Georgia, what is my chances of the visa, so im thinking its maybe easy for me as the person sending the invitation in the state is a US Army both the Woman and her Husband works in the US Army and in a top ranked position, the lady we know before she traveled to usa years back when we were little kids and we just like a family friend and the mother is our pastor too. she went to the state with a schoolarship and after her school she joined the US army and thats where she meet her husband and they both got married with kids, the husband has a higher rank in the army.

Now her mother has also joined her in the state, shes a little old now "65" and me and my dad spoke to her she was telling us how easy it was for her that she was only sent plane ticket she never left her home due to the position her daughter holds in the US Army, she didnt even went for an interview or whatso ever, they already spoke with the embassy from the Army, they only sent a taxi to pick her to the airport for her flight, i wonder how true it is but i believe her cos a woman of that age cant lie and beside shes our former pastor before she left.

So now due to the relationship we had for years from kids, we using that opportunity and my father told her to help his son which is me to talk to her daughter who works in the US army to help me over to the state and she agreed,

so now have been tru all this tread i want to know my chances, i want to know if as shes working in a US Army and in a government position is it an advantage for me will the VO even check or care about that or not,

Thanks

It may be an advantage though
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 9:02pm On Jun 21, 2021
Odiscoc:
hello everyone, i

The grounds for refusal of your visit visa application is extremely high.
You have immigration intent with no compelling reason to return after your visit (strong ties) and have a plan for "chain migration."

There is nobody that can stop you from using the visit visa to arrive at the US and overstay or try to adjust your status, but the profile you put up there will not even get you the visit visa.

Your relation/friend/family cannot "invite you and sponsor your legal status", even with her Army job.

The interview is based on your personal merit as you can provide information, and never through proxy.

Her mother is a blood relation and over 65 (ruling out being an economic charge)

Sponsorship for legal residents is clearly detailed online. The question is do you fit into any of the categories?

Use this to assess yourself using your relationship with this Army family connect.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wizard.html

I hope I don't sound harsh, but the truth is not suppose to be comforting. Its supposed to just be the truth.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Juliette3Ken(f): 10:02am On Jun 22, 2021
Hello. I really love the efforts and work done here. I really appreciate a lot.

I need an advise with something though, I am suppose to attend a 3 days conference on September this year through scholarship. My hotel fee, lunch and others will be covered by the organization but I am requested to pay for my visa and ticket myself ensuring a reimbursement after the trip.
I am wondering if it will be a wise idea for me to go ahead with this procedure due to this questions bothering my mind.
1) What are the chances I will offered a Visa since it's a partial scholarship though I will be reimbursed?
2) Do you think the timing is already short to get anything done? I am suppose to set off for the event on 8th Of September
3) Will I be rejected due to the fact it's just a three days conference?
4) Will my rejection affect my chances I'm future?

I will really love as many feedback as possible on this. Thanks so much.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Damian457: 10:36am On Jun 22, 2021
[quote author=Juliette3Ken post=102971718]

September is very close, you may not be able to get a regular appointment except you request an emergency appointment which is subject to approval.
Previous visa refusals may not necessarily affect your future chances but the VO may want to probe why you were previously refused and if anything has changed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Juliette3Ken(f): 10:45am On Jun 22, 2021
[quote author=Damian457 post=102972760][/quote]

Thanks for the response. So you mean if I apply for an emergency appointment, there is a high chance I will be approved for the event?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 2:17pm On Jun 22, 2021
Juliette3Ken:

Thanks for the response. So you mean if I apply for an emergency appointment, there is a high chance I will be approved for the event?

Damian457 meant only an emergency appointment can get you an interview before September, and it must be approved. Its not automatic to get the appointment for an interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Juliette3Ken(f): 2:27pm On Jun 22, 2021
fkj950ax:

Damian457 meant only an emergency appointment can get you an interview before September, and it must be approved. Its not automatic to get the appointment for an interview.

Thank you so much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by femiesomuch: 11:28pm On Jun 22, 2021
Hello everyone please i need help to get a date between june month end and early july to schedule my interview. I keep checking the website and it keeps showing january 2024. School will be resuming this September. I was advised not to do the expedited appointment for now till like a month to resumption.
I will appreciate any assistance. Thank you all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Leleky: 5:10am On Jun 23, 2021
Please what's the relevance of covid 19 vaccine certificate to the US B1/B2 Visa application?
Does being vaccinated add up in the application process?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by izik4newton: 8:22am On Jun 23, 2021
Please house, during interview does the VO request for SOA of sponsor?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Damian457: 10:58am On Jun 23, 2021
izik4newton:
Please house, during interview does the VO request for SOA of sponsor?
for F1 visa, Yes but not common for B1/B2
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Leleky: 12:39pm On Jun 23, 2021
Good day all, please what is to procedure to schedule an appointment for visa application. Wanted to see available dates and I
have created my profile but was asked to fill DS-160.
Please must I pay Visa fee before I will be able to view available dates?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Damian457: 4:44pm On Jun 23, 2021
Leleky:
Good day all, please what is to procedure to schedule an appointment for visa application. Wanted to see available dates and I
have created my profile but was asked to fill DS-160.
Please must I pay Visa fee before I will be able to view available dates?
yes
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nimmadiji(f): 7:11pm On Jun 23, 2021
Champora:
Your Nairaland posts and answers/comments are always smart. Good one! Keep that up and congratulations again.

Thank you �

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Queengel: 7:54pm On Jun 23, 2021
Damian457:
yes
please help me with this question I my husband and my 3 kids went for B2 visa interview in the year 2017 and we were deny visa but I want to try again only me and two kids please did you have any idea if the visa will be approve please respond
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Damian457: 12:37am On Jun 24, 2021
Queengel:
please help me with this question I my husband and my 3 kids went for B2 visa interview in the year 2017 and we were deny visa but I want to try again only me and two kids please did you have any idea if the visa will be approve please respond
Hi, nobody here can tell you if your visa will be approved or not, only the visa officer can. The most important thing about non immigrant visa is your ability to demonstrate nonimmigrant intentions, even if your visiting the US for the purpose of charging your phone.
Scrutinize your profile, work on why you were refused the first time, what has changed? Do you have ties that will bring you back to Nigeria? Job? Business? Family ? Etc

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 5:10am On Jun 24, 2021

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bamisho: 10:45am On Jun 24, 2021
fkj950ax:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQdPKS7IHAm/

I can’t join as it’s full. Kindly share the nuggets you learn. Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OjaP: 5:27pm On Jun 24, 2021
Hello All,

I am actually posting this on behalf of my friend who is in a dilemma and needs advice. He is a U.S citizen in the process of completing her PhD in December. He intends to invite his parents and siblings to his graduation. Here are the stats for the parents and siblings:

Parents: Regular traveler to the USA. Just need to renew their visas.

Sibling 1 & 2 - Male, Single, have traveled to the USA once and was denied visa the second time when they wanted to come visit again - 2 years ago. Sibling 1 is a medical doctor, sibling 2 is currently undergoing NYSC

Sibling 3 - Female, married with kids, working class and works with the Federal Government of Nigeria, 12 years work experience. Has never traveled to the USA or applied applied for a USA visa. She was denied a UK visa 7 years ago, was pissed and has never applied to any embassy since then.

Questions:

1. How possible is it to get an expedited appointment for them for December to attend a PhD graduation?

2. How possible is it for sibling 1 & 2 to get visas this time around?

3. What are the chances of sibling 3 getting visa with no travel experience?

Thanks,
OjaP.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by megastu(m): 6:35pm On Jun 24, 2021
I guess this type of question has been routinely tackled.

No one can predict the outcome of visas for any of the scenario. The chances for the parents seem pretty high.

To get an appointment for emergency, you can read back the thread, someone posted her experience. I think she sent an e-mail or so.

Good luck.
OjaP:
Hello All,

I am actually posting this on behalf of my friend who is in a dilemma and needs advice. He is a U.S citizen in the process of completing her PhD in December. He intends to invite his parents and siblings to his graduation. Here are the stats for the parents and siblings:

Parents: Regular traveler to the USA. Just need to renew their visas.

Sibling 1 & 2 - Male, Single, have traveled to the USA once and was denied visa the second time when they wanted to come visit again - 2 years ago. Sibling 1 is a medical doctor, sibling 2 is currently undergoing NYSC

Sibling 3 - Female, married with kids, working class and works with the Federal Government of Nigeria, 12 years work experience. Has never traveled to the USA or applied applied for a USA visa. She was denied a UK visa 7 years ago, was pissed and has never applied to any embassy since then.

Questions:

1. How possible is it to get an expedited appointment for them for December to attend a PhD graduation?

2. How possible is it for sibling 1 & 2 to get visas this time around?

3. What are the chances of sibling 3 getting visa with no travel experience?

Thanks,
OjaP.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Queengel: 6:59pm On Jun 24, 2021
Damian457:
Hi, nobody here can tell you if your visa will be approved or not, only the visa officer can. The most important thing about non immigrant visa is your ability to demonstrate nonimmigrant intentions, even if your visiting the US for the purpose of charging your phone.
Scrutinize your profile, work on why you were refused the first time, what has changed? Do you have ties that will bring you back to Nigeria? Job? Business? Family ? Etc
thanks for your response my husband and my son will not go with us
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mamawa123: 7:11am On Jun 25, 2021
peterayo33:
Good morning,

Thanks to everyone who has contributed in one way or the other on this platform, it is an eye-opener and I must say that I have gained alot.

I paid for B1/B2 visa fee on the 23rd of February this year and my boss was helping to fill it cos this is my first time and I need a good hand who has done it before to avoid mistakes on the form.

Going straight to the point, he told me the nearest date for an interview is 2024 or ill have to pay 100k to get a closer date. (Note: I haven't travelled out before)

Pls,
1. How can I get a closer date without paying?
2. Who can help with the process (like a guardian).
3. What are the new information/document I need to know and have with me pending the time of the interview although I have watched a lot of tutorials on YouTube some are years back and the information might be different from the time of the video.

As of today, you can still get a date in 2022 (April / May 2022)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:59am On Jun 25, 2021
Christabeliciou:
Wanted to say communication gap between my husband n vo. But I like seeking advise, if u tink my response shd b denied under section 214, its ok then. Thank you for the response

If you were not given a visa after the Interview, it simply means you're denied a U.S Visa, there's no way around, do not play smart... the correct answer should be, I was denied a U.S Visa with my husband.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by peace2007: 10:48am On Jun 25, 2021
mamawa123:

As of today, you can still get a date in 2022 (April / May 2022)

Please house is it advisable to pay for appointments?
Because someone said I should send my details, that he can get a day before December
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jikona: 11:34am On Jun 25, 2021
Hello guys. I am new here. I want to know if it's still possible to get a vistors visa at this moment. I plan on travelling in August. Will the US still issue visas for tourists?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jikona: 11:36am On Jun 25, 2021
How do I go about applying for a visa during this covid can someone please put me through. Most of the links on the first part of this thread aren't working.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mamawa123: 1:19pm On Jun 25, 2021
peace2007:

Please house is it advisable to pay for appointments?
Because someone said I should send my details, that he can get a day before December

Don’t do that. This shit is not even guaranteed.

Go online pay for your appointment then check the appointment table frequently to see if a new date that is closer is open.

But why do Nigerians like to follow shady ways. It will be very difficult to kill corruption in this country because we are the ones aiding it.

In short, we the citizens are more corrupt than the crooked politicians in Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lucaschukwuka: 1:32pm On Jun 25, 2021
EkemNgo:
If you need emergency interview dates between June and July and you have 50k to pay then let me connect you to the agent that helped me
Note for Lagos only July available but Abuja June/July.

Can I get date for October/November?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by EkemNgo: 1:33pm On Jun 25, 2021
Yes for both Lagos and Abuja
lucaschukwuka:

Can I get date for October/November?

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (433) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.