Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (923602 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:04pm On Jul 02, 2021
prejulsuc:
please since I'm using hotel reservation should I put in d address under u.s contact.Thanks
Yes
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pointednose: 8:01pm On Jul 02, 2021
The form times out after 20 minutes according to the website, but I observed it times out way before that. So my advice is time yourself and save whatever you have filled every 5 mins.

All the best
prejulsuc:
pls I need help on how to fill my DS 160.I have been trying to fill it since yesterday afternoon the thing is so frustrating o.After filling my personal details for d first page I save it,I move to the next page as I was filling it,it just says time out.After some hours I said let me continue so I tried retrieving my application it keeps saying incorrect code or i.d incorrect,this is the same i.d I wrote it down before saving it.Later I said let me start another application immediately I started it keep saying time out...This is really really frustrating I now see d reason why some prefer using agent.The headache no be here.Please someone should tell me what to do o.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by prejulsuc(f): 11:40pm On Jul 02, 2021
pointednose:
The form times out after 20 minutes according to the website, but I observed it times out way before that. So my advice is time yourself and save whatever you have filled every 5 mins.

All the best
thanks so much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by listaby(f): 2:50pm On Jul 04, 2021
Try and apply for expedited appointment since you are student, you can actually request for one.
Dongideon007:
Hey guys I need your help.

My resumption date is August 17th and rn I can't find any available date. Is it possible any date will be available before August and is there any ways to buy a date or something.

Please don't ignore
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ultimatebas(m): 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2021
Chemicalboss1:
Is like the approval rate is now higher than the refusal rate☺

It seems so.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by prejulsuc(f): 6:57pm On Jul 04, 2021
prejulsuc:
thanks so much
please can I get ur email address or phone number.Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spencatrading20: 8:45pm On Jul 04, 2021
Pls i have booked and cancelled my interview date twice before booking finally for 26th April 2022. Now i want to contact an agent that helped my friend to get an early date in July 2021 but i have been warned that i have exceeded the number of cancellations and if i cancel the current appointment i will have to pay for another MRV FEE.
pls is there a way out of this.? I want to know if i can create a new account profile and use that one to book another interview.
Please i want to know what to do.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Tripletmom: 8:58pm On Jul 04, 2021
Hi people, i need some clarifications concerning my passport expiration date.
I want to book for an interview against next year but my passport is expiring Feb 2022.
Can i still make use of it on my DS-160 form?
How do i link the new passport details with my DS-160 before the interview?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by prejulsuc(f): 9:11pm On Jul 04, 2021
Omoluv5:
Thanks so much, God bless you! I'm relieved to know there's a way out. But please how do I open another account? I don't really understand. Thanks
please can I book for interview date without submitting my Ds160 and also the link I can use to look for appointment date.Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by shithapuns: 3:08am On Jul 05, 2021
Stella91:
It no longer shows at the left hand side of the site. I guess they changed it but the calendar is available when you fill in your details.

what are the earliest visa appointment dates now?. before i could see the available dates when i log in, now i cant, seems they have changed it, and require a visa payment fee to view/book appointment dates, or is this a temporary glitch?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sappy1981: 2:52pm On Jul 05, 2021
Hello Shitapuns,

The earliest date for Lagos is 9th June 2022. It is also important to note that appointments for Non-Immigrant visas in the B category are now on Tuesday and Thursday for now.

I will advise you book the earliest date available and if by chance an earlier date opens up, you can reschedule for that.

I hope I was able to help.

Best regards,

shithapuns:

what are the earliest visa appointment dates now?. before i could see the available dates when i log in, now i cant, seems they have changed it, and require a visa payment fee to view/book appointment dates, or is this a temporary glitch?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nadesh(f): 4:24pm On Jul 05, 2021
Spencatrading20:
Pls i have booked and cancelled my interview date twice before booking finally for 26th April 2022. Now i want to contact an agent that helped my friend to get an early date in July 2021 but i have been warned that i have exceeded the number of cancellations and if i cancel the current appointment i will have to pay for another MRV FEE.
pls is there a way out of this.? I want to know if i can create a new account profile and use that one to book another interview.
Please i want to know what to do.
U cannot cancel again unless u want to pay another visa fee.meanwhile, can i contact u for the agent contact?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nadesh(f): 4:26pm On Jul 05, 2021
prejulsuc:
please can I book for interview date without submitting my Ds160 and also the link I can use to look for appointment date.Thanks
u cannot book interview dates without submitting but u can change it(fill another DS160 form and update on your profile)

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by prejulsuc(f): 3:27pm On Jul 06, 2021
nadesh:
u cannot book interview dates without submitting but u can change it(fill another DS160 form and update on your profile)
thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enick: 5:24pm On Jul 06, 2021
I received this mail from US support after writing to them to inquire about the validity of my visa fees since it has exceeded one year because my earlier appointment was canceled due to covid and I have not been able to book another appointment within the timeline.

It is advicable to provide them the details attached?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 06, 2021
Enick:
I received this mail from US support after writing to them to inquire about the validity of my visa fees since it has exceeded one year because my earlier appointment was canceled due to covid and I have not been able to book another appointment within the timeline.

It is advicable to provide them the details attached?

You made an enquiry and they responded with this request, and you still don't want to provide them with the details asked, how do you expect them to attend to the issue you are seeking help on.

Please provide them with the needed information

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nikanne: 7:14pm On Jul 06, 2021
Please who has been successful with getting an emergency appointment on medical grounds. I applied and I haven’t gotten a feedback. It’s over a month
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by peace2007: 8:26pm On Jul 06, 2021
Please everyone, I want to confirm when booking an appointment as a family, do we need a slot as one family or 1 slot per applicant?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pesuzok(m): 11:12pm On Jul 06, 2021
peace2007:
Please everyone, I want to confirm when booking an appointment as a family, do we need a slot as one family or 1 slot per applicant?

1 slot for the family if the appointment is booked together
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chyal: 10:41am On Jul 07, 2021
Hello Guys. I’ll be really glad to get feedback on this issue. I currently school in Paris (since sept 2019). I want to go to USA �� this fall. Is there any possibility of getting a tourist visa from paris (even if I’m Nigerian) to go to the USA. Also what duration of visa am I most likely to get?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 10:59am On Jul 07, 2021
Chyal:
Hello Guys. I’ll be really glad to get feedback on this issue. I currently school in Paris (since sept 2019). I want to go to USA �� this fall. Is there any possibility of getting a tourist visa from paris (even if I’m Nigerian) to go to the USA. Also what duration of visa am I most likely to get?

The U.S visa is one of the visa's you can apply for outside your place of residence. So it doesn't really matter if you are a tourist in Paris or a student.

In this case you are a student hence resident in Paris, you can go ahead and apply from Paris. Ideally on a Nigerian passport you should get 2 years.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chyal: 11:14am On Jul 07, 2021
Thanks for this. But any valid reason I can give as to why I’m leaving? I have finished my mba program but my graduation is in December. I need a strong reason and not just that I want to tour because it might be suspicious since I’m a student (asin who is sponsoring me) can I get an Invitation from my friend over there? Would that be easier ?
Nchabuomo:

The U.S visa is one of the visa's you can apply for outside your place of residence. So it doesn't really matter if you are a tourist in Paris or a student.

In this case you are a student hence resident in Paris, you can go ahead and apply from Paris. Ideally on a Nigerian passport you should get 2 years.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 11:25am On Jul 07, 2021
Chyal:
Thanks for this. But any valid reason I can give as to why I’m leaving? I have finished my mba program but my graduation is in December. I need a strong reason and not just that I want to tour because it might be suspicious since I’m a student (asin who is sponsoring me) can I get an Invitation from my friend over there? Would that be easier ?

All these aren't necessary. Don't complicate your application too much. If you are going for tourism just say so. Your friend can also invite you if you have one but from my own experience it isn't necessary
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chyal: 11:46am On Jul 07, 2021
Thanks. Can we have a brief chat outside this platform ? Sent you an email smiley
Nchabuomo:

All these aren't necessary. Don't complicate your application too much. If you are going for tourism just say so. Your friend can also invite you if you have one but from my own experience it isn't necessary

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chyal: 2:33pm On Jul 07, 2021
2 years ? What if my french visa isn’t up to that ? Like a year to expire
Chyal:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by barkays001: 3:11pm On Jul 07, 2021
Hello my people, Please I need help as I have booked an appointment only for myself and now wish to include my family to it. I've tried all I could but there wasn't option available to do that from the dashboard. Do you think if I contact the embassy can change anything? Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 3:47pm On Jul 07, 2021
bizowner:
Hmmm it is well. Covid - 19 PCR negative result in 12 hrs Refer me a traveler I will give you 5k instantly Courtesy DNA lab

Fraudulent practices everywhere by criminals
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kampack: 6:39pm On Jul 07, 2021
Please house, I'm trying to book for a visa interview date, but the system is asking me for receipt number? I'm kinda confused - what receipt number exactly? undecided

I thought I will get to the end of the form before it prompts me to pay the visa application fees and then generate a number for my application? or does this mean I will have to go (physically) to GTB bank and pay first, then the bank will generate a receipt number, which I will enter into the online form? I just confuse for this platform!!! Please someone advise abeg, I have abandoned the form o!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by gentleiphy: 7:06pm On Jul 07, 2021
Odiscoc:
hello everyone, i intend on going to the state, first timer, no travel history, age 28 not married, but have a kid with my girl friend, hope to get married soon but plan is if i can get to the state and then bring them in, and i do have someone in the state Georgia, what is my chances of the visa, so im thinking its maybe easy for me as the person sending the invitation in the state is a US Army both the Woman and her Husband works in the US Army and in a top ranked position, the lady we know before she traveled to usa years back when we were little kids and we just like a family friend and the mother is our pastor too. she went to the state with a schoolarship and after her school she joined the US army and thats where she meet her husband and they both got married with kids, the husband has a higher rank in the army.

Now her mother has also joined her in the state, shes a little old now "65" and me and my dad spoke to her she was telling us how easy it was for her that she was only sent plane ticket she never left her home due to the position her daughter holds in the US Army, she didnt even went for an interview or whatso ever, they already spoke with the embassy from the Army, they only sent a taxi to pick her to the airport for her flight, i wonder how true it is but i believe her cos a woman of that age cant lie and beside shes our former pastor before she left.

So now due to the relationship we had for years from kids, we using that opportunity and my father told her to help his son which is me to talk to her daughter who works in the US army to help me over to the state and she agreed,

so now have been tru all this tread i want to know my chances, i want to know if as shes working in a US Army and in a government position is it an advantage for me will the VO even check or care about that or not,

Thanks

I Just want to say what you were told is very untrue, even as an American Diplomat working in Nigeria and needs emergency evacuation still needs some sort of travel documentation. For her to say because her daughter is a serivng US marine reason taxi came pick her up, no visa authorising an entry into the US and she just got to the airport and they looked at he rname and her daughters and say..mama oya go and enter the flight is very ridiculous..
She still needs to have her interview at the embassy, have a visa issued and thats how it works.

But for your clarity here read.."In general, military spouses and other qualified family members of a US serving military personnel must go through the same immigration processes as everyone else."

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 7:20pm On Jul 07, 2021
I helped a family member to fill out form D160 and also scheduled her for interview appointment for next year June.

She called me this morning to help her check for earlier date. Please I want to know if I have to cancel the current appointment date before I can check for earlier date

or can I view the availabile dates before I cancel to reschedule
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by prejulsuc(f): 7:36pm On Jul 07, 2021
pointednose:

Yes you can. You will need your visa payment number and application ID as generated on your DS-160.
please what is link I can use to book appointment date.Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (433) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5

Viewing this topic: Trueigbo and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.