Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? (46337 Views)

When Last Did You Send Your Boyfriend Money / I Lend My Girlfriend #75000, She Want To Pay Now / “I Lent My Boyfriend Money, Now He Has Refused To Pay Back” - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 21, 2020
Fellow nairalanders,

I have a pressing issue on ground and I need your contribution. My boyfriend has been working for about 5 years now. We've been dating for a while now and he has been so nice and caring. The best ever.

In my past experience in relationships, I have been quite generous but the guys turned out to be ingrates so I vowed never to give any boy my penny again.

When I met my man, he melted my hardened heart with the love he showered on me. On one occasion, I have borrowed him money and he paid me back. Now he's asking me to borrow him another money. Because of this lockdown, he has gone so broke and he opened up to me. Initially, I did not believe him but when I noticed he has run out of food stuffs and the provisions he normally stock his house with, I believed him. I have more than enough money. The money he's asking for is like chicken change to me. But I don't want him to get used to borrowing from me and I have vowed never to give a guy my money again except if he's my husband.

Please I need advice. Fellow ladies like me, what do you think? Should I borrow him?

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by JasonJidenna(m): 11:22am On Apr 21, 2020
Dear Nairaland Guys;

"Ants will always be attracted to sugar, but they also leave when they have finished the sugar. Be wise, Don't marry a human ant. A person who will only stay married to you while you are sweetly buoyant, and will walkout when you are bitterly broke"

A message from Reno.

A word for the wise is enough.

666 Likes 57 Shares

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 21, 2020
My dear give him this lockdown sucka

18 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Freelane33(m): 11:25am On Apr 21, 2020
Borrow him nah. Na your bf nah , you wan make hunger kill am , you better value wetin you get before hunger finish am grin grin. So far he’s gonna pay back

211 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Ussycool: 11:26am On Apr 21, 2020
Dash him what you can, don't even try to borrow him.
As far as I am concern, I don't borrow my girlfriend money, I gave her what I can and that's all.

And I don't expect my girlfriend to borrow me when I am broke, just give what you can.

And I hate it when my girlfriend make my requests a public topic.

659 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Easybela(f): 11:27am On Apr 21, 2020
undecided All men are not the same dear,lend him as that will enable you know him more. One huge risk I took while dating was to give my bfs account number to my company and my salary was being paid there. I later had close to 800k in his account, dude went to open a separate account with my name and also got ATM card,the money was safe with him till I needed it,(don't try that though), just to let you know that some guys are angels. Lend him but keep close eye on him

191 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by mhizace: 11:28am On Apr 21, 2020
borrow or give , anyone shaa help DAT guy, u no know wetin him go use surprise u with later in life

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by GROUNDCHALEBOY(m): 11:29am On Apr 21, 2020
well as an experience man in relationship,so far heke heke is involve in the relationship,i advice u to gv him the money.Nobody knows tomorrow

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by JOACHINpedro: 11:29am On Apr 21, 2020
I swear that your boyfriend no dey spank you wella for you to ask this kinda question angry
I think we should start gender equality, many women will go into extinction for sure.
Nonsense and...

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Kyom20(m): 11:31am On Apr 21, 2020
I think your answer is in your write-up, hes caring and considerate with a good mind towards you. He is therefore a person who deserves your support, I advice that you help him in his time of need.

When you give, you should do it with the mindset that givers never lack and it is more blessed to give than to receive. But also be cautious to give what you know you can let go of and would not affect you negatively.

Lastly, do not allow your past relationship experiences affect your present and future negatively. Relationships are to be learnt from, avoid making the same mistakes twice but be carefully to consider the circumstances surrounding and the attitudes of the individuals involved.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:31am On Apr 21, 2020
For how long have you be dating him
You guys have been together and he has been borrowing money from you and he has been returning it
Please borrow him
This lockdown is worst
Hunger are killing people faster than corona ryt

And don’t be suprise Guys this May happen in Lagos
Next week.again
Check the pics below

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by rtdCivilservant: 11:33am On Apr 21, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

I have a pressing issue on ground and I need your contribution. My boyfriend has been working for about 5years now. We've been dating for a while now and he has been so nice and caring. The best ever. In my past experience in relationships, I have been quite generous but the guys turned out to be ingrates so I vowed never to give any boy my penny again. When I met my man,he melted my hardened heart with the love he showered on me. On one occasion, I have borrowed him money and he paid me back. Now he's asking me to borrow him another money. Because if this lockdown, he has gone so broke and he opened up to me. Initially, I did not believe him but when I noticed he has run out of food stuffs and the provisions he normally stock his house with, I believed him. I have more than enough money. The money he's asking for is like chicken change to me. But I don't want him to get used to borrowing from me and I have vowed never to give a guy my money again except if he's my husband. Please I need advice. Fellow ladies like me , what do you think? Should I borrow him?
U said he has been nice to u and even paid u back the one he borrowed before. Apart from him being ur bf, even if he is just a friend (male/female) he is worth borrowing cos he is a good debtor especially when it is comfortable and convenient for u as u claimed.

29 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by nuelsam: 11:35am On Apr 21, 2020
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by nuelsam: 11:35am On Apr 21, 2020
irrespective of gender... I'll always advice people in a relationship to lend their partners what they can easily give out without sweat.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by 2dice01: 11:40am On Apr 21, 2020
Well from your write up the dude has been good to you and you said you have enough

Borrow him the money since he always pay Back

Am alot of guys won't even think about it before they send you the money but due to your past experience i understand you

Well i Borrow people male/female the money i can afford to dash them so if they don't pay back i will look and smile

After you give Boo
If you still have extra cum and Borrow me too
But I have collateral

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by dederocs(m): 11:43am On Apr 21, 2020
wicked girl, so you have to seek advice from strangers to help a man that has stood by you...nonsense

210 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by MARX77(m): 11:46am On Apr 21, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

I have a pressing issue on ground and I need your contribution. My boyfriend has been working for about 5years now. We've been dating for a while now and he has been so nice and caring. The best ever. In my past experience in relationships, I have been quite generous but the guys turned out to be ingrates so I vowed never to give any boy my penny again. When I met my man,he melted my hardened heart with the love he showered on me. On one occasion, I have borrowed him money and he paid me back. Now he's asking me to borrow him another money. Because if this lockdown, he has gone so broke and he opened up to me. Initially, I did not believe him but when I noticed he has run out of food stuffs and the provisions he normally stock his house with, I believed him. I have more than enough money. The money he's asking for is like chicken change to me. But I don't want him to get used to borrowing from me and I have vowed never to give a guy my money again except if he's my husband. Please I need advice. Fellow ladies like me , what do you think? Should I borrow him?

Truth is only you can determine if he's deserving of the loan, we can't do that.

So if you feel and know he is, then lend him otherwise, my dear keep your hard earned money to yourself.
Now ask yourself, is he deserving of the loan?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Millenniumlady(f): 11:46am On Apr 21, 2020
Better don't try ruin your life cause if you borrow him now that you guys are dating you'll borrow him when you guys are married.....That's if he didn't ask you to borrow him to pay your bride price undecided the best thing you can do for him now is to use get some food stuff for him but don't try the mistake of giving him money cause he might use that money to invite a girl over....set awong borrowers

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 21, 2020
the money is like chicken change to you but you are still asking us question?

you can't even help with money or buy foodstuffs for him so he won't die of hunger?

I blame guys that spend their money on taking care of women. ordinary 20days lockdown and he can't afford to feed.

he won't be in this situation if he saved all the money he use in taking care of you

224 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Margy: 11:47am On Apr 21, 2020
If it's chicken change.. then give him
I wonder how much you call chicken change!

If not..do not give him. Don't give him large money and expect him to pay back.. it's impossible.

Modified
Infact give him half of the chicken change so you don't be like Melinda of the movie Acrimony... you need to save... save for the rainy day!!

8 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Skyfornia(m): 11:53am On Apr 21, 2020
This one know what she is doing...but don't know what is doing her.

9 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Fheelzz(m): 11:55am On Apr 21, 2020
Should we tell her? grin grin
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 21, 2020
Margy:
If it's chicken change.. then give him
I wonder how much you call chicken change!

If not..do not give him. Don't give him large money and expect him to pay back.. it's impossible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by brainfordetails: 11:59am On Apr 21, 2020
Follow your heart but take your head along with you.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by DonBenny77(m): 12:00pm On Apr 21, 2020
You are dumb to be asking us after describing how nice he has been and how committed he is to paying back knowing fully well that he's only broke as a result of the pandemic and the money is chicken change to you.
It's like your sense is flying around you better catch it

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
Do what seems right to you. Na you sabi am, we know nothing about him. Besides, your decision would either make or break only YOU.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by XhosaNostra(f): 12:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
Then simply buy him the groceries he needs as a kind gesture. No payback. He's your BF after all.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
DonBenny77:
You are dumb to be asking us after describing how nice he has been and how committed he is to paying back knowing fully well that he's only broke as a result of the pandemic and the money is chicken change to you.
It's like your sense is flying around you better catch it
thanks. Is it your money?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Kobicove(m): 12:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

I have a pressing issue on ground and I need your... Fellow ladies like me , what do you think? Should I borrow him?

The fact that he has borrowed before and repaid suggests that he will not default this time.

The fact remains however that an average Nigeria does not like repaying loans.

As a general rule when lending money that is not secured do not part with an amount you cannot afford to loose especially when lending to family and friends.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Bola146(f): 12:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
Good you said he is a nice person, give him more if you have. You can add some food stuffs and provisions with it. I'll ask you not to ask about the money again. Good luck to both of you

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by SweetCunt97(f): 12:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

For the sake of the lockdown and he's a good boyfriend, give him the money to stock up. Relationship is all about support and all if you with d right person.

13 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Fidelismaria: 12:18pm On Apr 21, 2020

No don't borrow him

Let him die of hunger then clap for yourself for keeping to your vow

66 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Man Takes A Bottle Of Beer In Front Of His Partner In Their Pre-wedding Photos. / This Is Why Men Must Be Protected From Women. My Horrible Experience. / Which Girl Do I Decide On?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.