Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian (129666 Views)

Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests / "Happy To Be Home" - Nigerian Soldier With His Family After War With Boko Haram / Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Officialhorlah(m): 12:16pm On Apr 21, 2020
A Nigerian Twitter user who is living in Canada with the handle @ChuksJaphet has revealed that the Canadian government gave them c$2,290
(N626,406.62) each.

He said that they were first given a deposit of c$ 2000 (N547,080.02) before they were on Monday, April 19, given another c$290 (N79,326.60).

@ChuksJaphets berated the Nigerian government for asking them to come back home and telling them that they would be paying for their flight cost.

Few days ago, we received a deposit of $2,000 from d Govt of Can Flag of Canada , today we got another cheque of $290 as support. Meanwhile, all Nigerian Govt could say was come back home and I will bear d flight cost. Home ain’t where u were born. Home is where d leaders care abt u Red heartFlag of Canada

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChuksJaphet/status/1252320382524297224

161 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by daddytime(m): 12:23pm On Apr 21, 2020
Nice one.

Just stay safe and away from any potential mass shooting site.

Our people say beauty no dey complete.

Their Government dey people-oriented, but you fit just say make you stroll go supermarket to buy some grocery the next thing one kolo oyibo wey half done and medium-rare meat don chop part of him brain go just enter there begin shoot everybody for no just cause.

In fact ehn, e no get anywhere wey e be 10/10.

Las las na only God perfect.

With this lockdown I just wished I was in my village aswear.

Easy jeje life...wetin concern you concern coro

I was shocked to notice there were no mosquitoes in my village the last time I visited. I slept with the netless windows open.

Modified:

I pity the people flooding my mention as a result of my comment above.

If the import of my submission is lost on you and you deem it fit to vent your anger at life through this, well, your case is irredeemable obviously both home and away.

There is absolutely no need hiding under any cloak to start self-insulting.

Na pikin wey no get sense go stand on top mountain or hill begin point hand say, "see my mama for there, she dey useless, she no get sense".

My admonition and prayers to our loved ones the world over remains, to keep safe, and may God continually hide us under the shadow of his wings now and beyond.

613 Likes 43 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Righteousness89(m): 12:24pm On Apr 21, 2020
This world is not my home I'm just a passing through,
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue,
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door,
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore..

Oh lord you know I have no friend like you
If heaven's not my home then lord what will I do
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore

481 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
We are really suffering in this country embarassed embarassed embarassed

It will never be well with those still supporting this evil and wicked Nigeria leaders. cry

756 Likes 60 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by donbachi(m): 12:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
I wonder how nigeria take become member of UN and commonwealth...they should have all membership status of all the countries,using covid-19 palliatives...any country wey no give should go and do so or face sanctions.

216 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by naijaloan: 12:30pm On Apr 21, 2020
Amazing functional government shocked

And we are here sharing 3pcs of indomie and 2 dericas of local rice as stimulus package.

Haaaa! Ko ni da fu awon leaders wa
Sai baba sef sad

462 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Biafrannuke: 12:36pm On Apr 21, 2020
Smh for the zoo.
Biafra g'enwe mmeri!

138 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by tompat86(m): 12:36pm On Apr 21, 2020
Wow!
Stay safe

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by inoki247: 12:40pm On Apr 21, 2020
People dey call radio station for here to beg the Government to share something reach dere side

130 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by calabaman(m): 12:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
Oh Nigeria.

When will you grow up to be like a real country such as this.

When cry

175 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by helinues: 12:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
Nice one..

But how are we sure this payment is for a Nigerian, except if he/she has dual citizenship

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by johnnyn1(m): 12:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Nigeriabiafra80: 12:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
Lugard it shall never be well with you

325 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Babawale01: 12:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
The day I will finally get out of this country ehn.

Na free madness from MIA to my destination..

180 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Graysons: 1:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
calabaman:
Oh Nigeria.

When will you grow up to be like a real country such as this.

When cry
2050 be patient 250 is just around the corner. wink

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by salam8528: 1:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
don't let him deceive u he has paid 70% of DAT money as tax. canada govt is not stupid.

82 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by vastolord4(m): 1:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kai! If only I left with guo, I for Don reach by now

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Biafrannuke: 1:24pm On Apr 21, 2020
Graysons:
Shake your head for your kerosene sharing governor, nothing works in that your Godforsaken Biafra cursed land but una nai make mouth pass arrogant people.
who is this goblin from the zoo?

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by rusher14: 1:27pm On Apr 21, 2020
Do you pay the kind of tax a country of a mere 35 million people do?

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by softset: 1:33pm On Apr 21, 2020
$2600 is not a lot of money if you live in Canada.How long will it take you to spend that .

If you will no longer return to Nigeria because of that amount, I sympathize with your situation.

129 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Aidejay(m): 1:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
People should stop comparing Nigeria and Canada, Nigeria and Kenya, Nigeria and this Nigeria and that. Its just insulting, rather compare Nigeria and kuvuki land or any of the other fictitious countries.

287 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by meetme01: 1:47pm On Apr 21, 2020
salam8528:
don't let him deceive u he has paid 70% of DAT money as tax. canada govt is not stupid.

And those who pay tax in Nigeria were given......

A. Pallatives less than 5K

B. Pallatives more than 5K

C. Nothing

D. All of the above

Call a spade a spade. We are all in a ZOO.

530 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by obi4eze(m): 2:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
angry

Who would want to come back? This country is messed up cry

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Tetrahedron: 2:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
We wont take it

This cannot go down

Buhari where is our money

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by seunayantokun(m): 2:30pm On Apr 21, 2020
salam8528:

Even at that you have a caring govt.
You want a place where you don't pay tax?

171 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 21, 2020
Hmm

Canada's budget this year is $355 billion for 24 million people.

Nigeria's budget this year is $26 billion for 200 million people.

And you expect Nigeria to give palliative of N626000 naira per person or per family?

Nigeria is a mess, but we are not up to Canada's level. Vote for governments who would make us an industrial nation, then we can talk.

To all those people cursing Nigeria up-thread...yes, we have had corrupt governments. But there is no way our government can afford to give stimulus of N626,000 naira to everyone. Not on our budget,without taking even more mega loans.

Modified

Even giving 100million Nigerians N50000 each a month would involve spending the equivalent of our budget for the year in one month.($26 Billion)

132 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by seunayantokun(m): 2:33pm On Apr 21, 2020
softset:
$2600 is not a lot of money if you live in Canada.How long will it take you to spend that .

If you will no longer return to Nigeria because of that amount, I sympathize with your situation.

What if you were there?

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Chuksyno(m): 2:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
Righteousness89:
This world is not my home I'm just a passing through,
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue,
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door,
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore..

Oh lord you know I have no friend like you
If heaven's not my home then lord what will I do
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore
Jim Reeves to his blessed memory

64 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Eastern Neighbourhoods And Streets Are Made / Nnamdi Kanu Arrested, Extradited To Nigeria, Arrived Nigeria On Sunday / Orji Uzor Kalu’s 400-Room Mansion In Igbere, Abia State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.