Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation (5611 Views)

Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic / Ekiti Election: Helicopter With Money Lands In Government House -The Nation / Man Offers To Cut Buhari's Hair For 1year To Save 86m Off The Nation's Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by nkwuocha1: 2:33pm On Apr 21, 2020
sexylassie2:
Let this corono virus spread in the north, then you will know who plants your food.

Food crisis then starvation will soon start

Boko Haram alone started the starvation in the North,yet the South is still well fed.Eat your food!Quit moving up and down with empty plates.

6 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by MyopicMods: 2:34pm On Apr 21, 2020
Redcrafton:

Have you asked what is the essence of the "Enugu the pride of the East" created by these guys? e have asked the Mod to delete it but NO...Do theses guys are pounded on both threads.

Yoruba man created the thread. Why not do same instead of attacking another region.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Deepfeel(m): 2:36pm On Apr 21, 2020
Why suffer your kids if you have that much food

5 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by sexylassie2(f): 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2020
RTSC:

The middle belt states are the food producers in the north.

That is why there is always farmers clashing with the Fulani.

Most the Fulani herdsmen are in the middle belt, migrating down south due to vegetation.

There is nothing in the core north.

The core north produce your beans, your pepper, groundnut etc

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Frankdoz8: 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2020
everyday I pray they cut off northern Nigerian from our map. This is the poverty ridden region of our dear country. They always lie they produce food and feed this nation but they always produce lame and blind beggars, leprous beggars, starve looking almajiri youths, produce boko haram and numerous vices causing this country to be unlivable. Buhari should remove this north from Nigerian map, they have disgraced us enough.

8 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Redcrafton: 2:38pm On Apr 21, 2020
MyopicMods:

Yoruba man created the thread. Why not do same instead of attacking another region.

What a beautiful and resilient city of enugu. Even our musician use our pride in their music video. Thank you phyno for showcasing our resilient city. Very beautiful than Birmingham.

DanArrewa, Totit, come an see our resilient enugu city.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

See the guys who are the architect of the thread. Both the Yoruba guy and his friends DanArewaa and totit have been taken to the sword in the thread.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by RTSC: 2:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
nkwuocha1:

Boko Haram alone started the starvation in the North,yet the South is still well fed.Eat your food!Quit moving up and down with empty plates.
It's not good to mock the poor.
To do so is to mock their maker.

The only problem I have is that most of their worthless leaders have federal relevance.

The standard of living of their people is worth shit and yet they are in federal politics, constituting nuisance and installing their backward kind to further drive the national standard of living.

Even their population is not helping matters.

Our GDP/capital has decreased since 2015, while that of many African countries have increased.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Kyase(m): 2:40pm On Apr 21, 2020
sexylassie2:

A basket?? For 50 naira, i guess to natives but to outsiders, it is another price.

Or you think only gboko can supply the the whole Nigeria of tomatoes?
natives dont buy tomatoes.
i can remember a year (2013), this igbo people come to buy tomatoes, and the price for a basket was 250, this people refused to buy that until night, them start to buy a basket at the rate of 30-35 naira, depending on how fresh the tomatoes is.......
Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Redcrafton: 2:40pm On Apr 21, 2020
Deepfeel:
Why suffer your kids if you have that much food

Deepfeel. I know say these guys really pissed you off...Can you find a place in your large heart to show mercy..
As you can see DanArewa and his pal Bighead have gone into hidden... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by sexylassie2(f): 2:40pm On Apr 21, 2020
nkwuocha1:

In the south who is supplying those food stuff, isn't it northerns.

I was in Lagos for a course in December and I was surprised of the number of northerners selling tomatoes, pepper, onion,fruits, bean and yam on wheel Barrow before these foods weren't easily accessible.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by ChristianNorth: 2:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
Blue3k:
These thread always turn stupid. I tried researching Nigeria agricultural output but I can't find reliable data. I have my suspicions about northern agricultural productivity. If I ever find reliable data I'll do topic justice.
Nice.

5 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Kyase(m): 2:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
sexylassie2:

A basket?? For 50 naira, i guess to natives but to outsiders, it is another price.

Or you think only gboko can supply the the whole Nigeria of tomatoes?
gboko cannot supply the whole nigeria tomatoes, but it can supply a whole region with tomatoes, year in year out, the only problem is, we dont practice irrigation

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Redcrafton: 2:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
sexylassie2:

I was in Lagos for a course in December and I was surprised of the number of northerners selling tomatoes, pepper, onion,fruits, bean and yam on wheel Barrow before these foods weren't easily accessible.

All those come from Benue...middle belt

4 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by sexylassie2(f): 2:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kyase:

natives dont buy tomatoes.
i can remember a year (2013), this igbo people come to buy tomatoes, and the price for a basket was 250, this people refused to buy that until night, them start to buy a basket at the rate of 30-35 naira, depending on how fresh the tomatoes is.......

2013 and 2020 are they the same thing.

Indeed natives don't buy tomatoes, they pick it from the floor, continue deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by ChristianNorth: 2:44pm On Apr 21, 2020
Middle belt is the food basket of this nation.

Be guided, and they don't call themselves, north

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by totit: 2:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
[s]
Redcrafton:

What a beautiful and resilient city of enugu. Even our musician use our pride in their music video. Thank you phyno for showcasing our resilient city. Very beautiful than Birmingham.

DanArrewa, Totit, come an see our resilient enugu city.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

See the guys who are the architect of the thread. Both the Yoruba guy and his friends DanArewaa and totit have been taken to the sword in both in the thread.
[/s]

Audio cutlass, audio sword. That wasn't me.

And besides, I saw you begging toTit on that thread and reporting to the mod.

See audio sword, audio cutlass.
I can't kill masef

Redcrafton:
Mod delete this thread. Bighead and totit are about to shoot themselves..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by gidgiddy: 2:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
Arrewa:
You should Ashamed for your the south east!!

The Northern being the full basket of the doesn't mean it doesn't have vulnerable people!!

The north produce 80‰ of Agricultural produce in Nigeria!!

In a day hundreds of trailer of food used to move food down to your region for you to survive!!

Now I challenge you to tell me one thing!! That is produce in igbo land which Nigerians consume??

The only thing you do is to gather Almejiri pictures and posting on Nairaland!

Tell me one thing that is produced in igbo land which Nigerians consume!!

The only thing you do is to assemble chines products in Aba, package them and tag them Aba made!!

The south east contribute nothing to our national pause!! Even the oil you're claiming in imo is not a commercial quantity!

Na just few politicians dey use the money service their cars!

North is feeding your region!! You should even thank the north more than you're thanking Jesus!! Cos they're your Saviours!!

Let us just assume, without conceding, that the North produces 80% of Nigerias agricultural output.

Is the North feeding anyone for free? Isnt it people that are using their hard earned money to buy the food from the North? How much of the proceeds of this 80% agriculture production is paid to Federal government as tax? Zero?

I laugh in Igbo

7 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by RTSC: 2:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
Redcrafton:

If I can take benue alone to join the south, I am okay.

The rest including Abuja can go. We don't need them.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by sexylassie2(f): 2:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
Redcrafton:

It is a lie, the only thing Benue is known for is yam and not only benue produce them, nassarawa, niger state also have them in abudant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by nkwuocha1: 2:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
sexylassie2:

Is it only the northerners that sells tomatoes?
I see many yorubas who cultivate tomatoes and pepper as well when I travel to some some Western States.

Do northerners cultivate efo? water leaf,ugu, and many others Southerners eat almost on daily basis?

Southerners cultivate yams as well!
Rice is cultivated in the West as well, Ofada rice is one of the best in West Africa, Abakiliki rice feeds thousands of Igbos as well.

Major food comes from the middle beltans. legumes mostly come from the north.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by nkwuocha1: 2:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
sexylassie2:

It is a lie, the only thing Benue is known for is yam and not only benue produce them, nassarawa, niger state also have them in abudant

You lie BIG TIME!
only yams?
Are you for real?
Infact, the Egusi and ogbono I have presently in my house came directly from benue.
The land in benue is highly fertile, the reason blood thirsty Fulani demons are hell bent on sacking them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Kyase(m): 2:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
sexylassie2:

2013 and 2020 are they the same thing.

Indeed natives don't buy tomatoes, they pick it from the floor, continue deceiving yourself.

as at last year 2019 a basket was sold at 70 naira......

and yes native dont buy because they can get it for free.... now go ffffffk yourself

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Redcrafton: 2:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
totit:
[s][/s]

Audio cutlass, audio sword. That wasn't me.

And besides, I saw you begging toTit on that thread and reporting to the mod.

See audio sword, audio cutlass.
I can't kill masef

I advised that the thread be deleted as from experience, they can ban someone and let the others go. So its a preemptive request.

So now who is taken to the cleaners?

You created another moniker asking what was the essence of this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Redcrafton: 2:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
sexylassie2:

Stop attaching by force..The gwaris are different from you core northerners.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by totit: 2:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
Redcrafton:

I advised that the thread be deleted as from experience, they can ban someone and let the others go. So its a preemptive request.

So now who is taken to the cleaners?

You didn't advised, you were simply hurt.

Audio advise. grin cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Deepfeel(m): 2:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
Redcrafton:

Deepfeel. I know say these guys really pissed you off...Can you find a place in your large heart to show mercy..
As you can see DanArewa and his pal Bighead have gone into hidden... cheesy

Hahah. Bighead9 right now

5 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by sexylassie2(f): 2:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
nkwuocha1:

Is it only the northerners that sells tomatoes?
I see many yorubas who cultivate tomatoes and pepper as well when I travel to some some Western States.

Do northerners cultivate efo? water leaf,ugu, and many others Southerners eat almost on daily basis?

Southerners cultivate yams as well!
Rice is cultivated in the West as well, Ofada rice is one of the best in West Africa, Abakiliki rice feeds thousands of Igbos as well.

Major food comes from the middle beltans. legumes mostly come from the north.

All the food you mentioned, you need onion, tomatoes and pepper from the north to make it eatable.

How many people eat ofada rice, even the so called tomatoes cultivated in the south are in commercial quantity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Redcrafton: 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
totit:

You didn't advised, you were simply hurt.

Audio advise. grin cool

We have not even started when I made the request..as you can see...
Who is suffering now. Creating another moniker...asking what was the essence of the thread when he was pummeled.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by sexylassie2(f): 2:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
Redcrafton:

Stop attaching by force..The gwaris are different from you core northerners.

The gwaris are basically in abuja not nassarawa or Niger state.
Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by totit: 2:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
[s]
Redcrafton:

We have not even started when I made the request..as you can see...
Who is suffering now. Creating another moniker...asking what was the essence of the thread when he was pummeled.
[/s]

Why are you so hurt tho?
grin
You ain't even making sense anymore shocked :I

Like...WTF are you even saying now cool grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Deepfeel(m): 2:56pm On Apr 21, 2020
nkwuocha1:

They are feeding on the glory of the middle beltans which is the major food producers.Thats why you will never see middle beltans begging with plates like they do in core North.

The hunger up north is worrisome , to make it worse they turned those large lands to battle ground instead of farming

5 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Kyase(m): 2:56pm On Apr 21, 2020
Redcrafton:

thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Met Some ESN Operatives On Patrol In Orlu / This Is The Situation In Ukraine Western Media Failed To Tell You / The Guardian Publisher, Alex Ibru Dies At 66

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.