Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation (5613 Views)

Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic / Ekiti Election: Helicopter With Money Lands In Government House -The Nation / Man Offers To Cut Buhari's Hair For 1year To Save 86m Off The Nation's Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by DabuIIIT: 5:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
Captainrambo2:
kyase if we should zone anything to the north... your benue wont be considered.... the north we know starts from kaduna upward.

Leave that one to continue deceiving himself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by DabuIIIT: 5:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
Arrewa:
The south east is the most backward region in Nigeria!!

Kano alone is in every aspect more developed than the entire South east!!

Your politicians don't care to develop your region!

Do you know why??

Because they know you're gullible!! They know that Las Las na Buhari and the north una go blame and will never hold them accountable!!

You will blame Buhari, blame the north and continue waiting for Biafra!!

That is why your region is backward and underdeveloped!!

Inferiority complex at its peak. Did the op say he's from the east?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by DabuIIIT: 5:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
Deepfeel:
North

And these people ruled for 40 yrs plus

That's the painful thing.

What's more painful is that some very frustrated and hopeless things still brought them to power..why won't the country retrogress?!!

7 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by omonnakoda: 6:04pm On Apr 21, 2020
Subsidised fertilizer, subsidised seed inputs,financial subsidies

ALL PAID FOR with money from other places.

Food sold by farmers who

Keep all the revenue ,
Pay no tax
Pay no VAT

And some buffoon has the cheek to say they are feeding anyone.

When they sit down in Abuja each month to share money how much of it is from tomato and onions
How much did tomato and onions contribute to the building of Abuja or the Kaduna Abuja rail?

How much does tomato and onion contribute to government spending?

6 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by DabuIIIT: 6:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
sexylassie2:

What famine?

Where in the north have there been famine?

Where in the south Is agriculture practice?

You posted these young boys begging with plates, what is the difference between the online beggars of the south and these boys.

Anybody that has lived in the north will tell stories of different type of fruits, vegetables and edible food you can buy when you go to their market.

Shut up jare,you bunch depend on the Fed Govt and south for survival.
The monthly fed govt allocation,is it derived from your agriculture? The free fertilizers the govt provide you bunch, the bulk of which your emirs apportion to themselves,how many,if any at all,how many gets to the south?!
Now the only sugar product here in Lagos is Dangote sugar and Bua granulated sugar cos the northern fed govt,thru it's deceit,closed up boarders,so now we don't have Saint Louis sugar anymore! That's how you people use the govt for your own north benefit alone..

If you bunch have balls,why have you been kicking against true federalism restructuring regionalism resource control?!?!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by DabuIIIT: 6:08pm On Apr 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

Food sold by farmers who

Keep all the revenue ,
Pay no tax
Pay no VAT

When they sit down in Abuja each month to share money how much of it is from tomato and onions
How much did tomato and onions contribute to the building of Abuja or the Kaduna Abuja rail?

Correct. The govt even imported grass from Brazil sometime ago for fulani cows!!!!

What goes to the national purse from these?

Sexxylassie2 arrewa,oya, answer.

6 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by omonnakoda: 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
The koko is if we separate how far can tomato and onions take you
How many roads or rail lines will be built from tomato onions Who will buy the tomato onions in such a scenario?

4 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by DabuIIIT: 6:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
Arrewa:
The north is in every aspect better than east!!

We feed the nation!!

We make money through agriculture!!

A matured cow

here in the north don't cost more 100k here in the north!!

We sell in the east for up to 250k

Bag of rice cost not up to 10k here in the north!!

We sell rice up to 20k in the east!!

Matured Goat is not up to 10k here!!

In the east we sell goat up to 30k

In the north beans is between 10 to 11k but in the east we sell beans up 22k!!

That's how it is in Tomatoes, pepper, onions, fruits etc!! That's why farmers in the north who have capital to invest more on farming use to be very rich!!

Tell me one thing that is in the east that we are going to miss if you leave??

Remember south south have rejected Biafra!!

Tell me one thing within your 5 Biafra state we are going to miss?

Hope you see it. grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by DabuIIIT: 6:18pm On Apr 21, 2020
sexylassie2:
Let this corono virus spread in the north, then you will know who plants your food.

Food crisis then starvation will soon start

See how a typical northerner reason!?!?

My people,just imagine this ,look at what came out from a supposed human being!!!!

grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by omonnakoda: 6:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
Arrewa:
The north is in every aspect better than east!!

We feed the nation!!

We make money through agriculture!!

A matured cow here in the north don't cost more 100k here in the north!!

We sell in the east for up to 250k

Bag of rice cost not up to 10k here in the north!!

We sell rice up to 20k in the east!!

Matured Goat is not up to 10k here!!

In the east we sell goat up to 30k

In the north beans is between 10 to 11k but in the east we sell beans up 22k!!

That's how it is in Tomatoes, pepper, onions, fruits etc!! That's why farmers in the north who have capital to invest more on farming use to be very rich!!

Tell me one thing that is in the east that we are going to miss if you leave??

Remember south south have rejected Biafra!!

Tell me one thing within your 5 Biafra state we are going to miss?

This "analysis" proves the opposite of what you think you are proving

Nigeria produces oil for $16 and sells it for $60 pre lockdown.

So are those people buying the oil FEEDING NIGERIA or is Nigeria feeding them ?
Fact is they are trading. No one is feeding the other.

Feeding comes into it when your state and local government is FUNDED with revenue from an extraneous source.
We all know how cash flows to state governments in Nigeria and where it comes from. It is not from the sale of goats

The fact that a goat sells twice in the "south" tell exactly who is feeding who?

If we separate where else will you take your goats? Niger?

How much petrol does the "north" buy in petrol stations DAILY compare to tomatoes goat?
What about the IMPORTATION SERVICE provided by ports in the "south" it can be measured in Naira and kobo
There are numerous services consumed daily by the "Northern" economy that run into billions
So eschew this delusion that you feed anyone

9 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Naajjii: 6:32pm On Apr 21, 2020
DabuIIIT:

Here we go again,Igbo this Igbo that, anybody, anybody at all that comes up with any analysis that doesn't tally with your ideology is automatically Igbo!!! Shame on you.....

Truth be told,you northerners add nothing, absolutely nothing to the value of the country and other Nigerians.

You bunch have been a huge burden on the south especially the Niger Deltans....

You have been in power for donkey years one way or the other and the country haven't fared any better. She keeps going down deep in retrogression which,by the way,is your hallmark.

We southerners say, Thunda Faya Lugard.
Thunda Faya 1914.
Thunda Faya that bloody amalgamation.

We wish it never happened.

God bless you,deepfeel
Yes its igbo because that is the pattern of most of you here.
Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by DabuIIIT: 6:38pm On Apr 21, 2020
Naajjii:

What if I say we should swear,you lay the terms,and we both agree and swear,if I am truly Igbo?

I'm waiting

5 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Arrewa: 6:47pm On Apr 21, 2020
Naajjii:

bro... Stop wasting your time here! We are done with threat! Let them open another one!!

I asked a very simple question and nobody has answered the question... They're here beating around the bush and posting almajiri pictures!!

This guy you're arguing with is an igbo man... But they love to disguise themselves as south south... In order to make it look as it they're together...

We all know that south south are not Igbos and have rejected them and their Biafra!!

So just go and chill!! We are done with this thread!
Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Justice35: 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
Arrewa:
You should be Ashamed of your region!

The North being the food basket of the nation doesn't mean it doesn't have vulnerable people!!

The north produce 80‰ of Agricultural produce in Nigeria!!

On daily basis hundreds of trailer of food used to move food down to your region for you to survive!!

Now I challenge you to tell me one thing!! That is produced in igbo land which Nigerians consume??

The only thing you do is to gather Almejiri pictures and be posting on Nairaland!

Tell me one thing that is produced in igbo land which Nigerians consume!!

you people only assemble chines products in Aba, package them and tag them Aba made!!

The south east contribute nothing to our national pause!! Even the oil you're claiming in imo is not in commercial quantity!

Na just few igbo politicians dey use the money service their cars!

North is feeding your region!!

Northerners are feeding you from Generation to Generation!!

You should even thank the north more than you're thanking Jesus!! Cos they're your real Saviours!!
why bringing Igbo's in this now?how sure are you that the op is Igbo,or do you take any body that insult you as Igbo?

4 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Justice35: 7:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
North is just an audio food basket of the nation.....all the rice been shared since the Genesis's of this corona virus is abakili rice,never seen any rice from north been shared both in the east,south,and west...if you have seen any rice from the north been shared in the east then prove me wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Justice35: 7:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kyase:

natives dont buy tomatoes.
i can remember a year (2013), this igbo people come to buy tomatoes, and the price for a basket was 250, this people refused to buy that until night, them start to buy a basket at the rate of 30-35 naira, depending on how fresh the tomatoes is.......
hahaha this got me laughing..
Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Deepfeel(m): 7:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
DanArrewa Arrewa pls come and answer these questions

omonnakoda:

Food sold by farmers who

Keep all the revenue ,
Pay no tax
Pay no VAT

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by omonnakoda: 7:24pm On Apr 21, 2020
Economic output is not just about Manufacturing or "production "
Services are even more important MORE THAN HALF of Nigerian economy. And importantly subject to direct and indirect taxation without subsidies unlike agriculture

Transportation
Insurance
Banking
Telecoms and information technology
Betting
Healthcare

About 7% of Nigeria GDP is remittances from Diaspora Nigerians

Who are they?

5 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Naajjii: 7:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
DabuIIIT:

What if I say we should swear,you lay the terms,and we both agree and swear,if I am truly Igbo?

I'm waiting
Am a muslim i dont swear, go and swear with your Osu Caste in Umahia

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by omonnakoda: 7:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
Naajjii:

Muslims don't swear?
What does Wallahi mean?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Deepfeel(m): 7:35pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kyase:

lol you know am, near saint Thomas

I know the area , I used to live at mkar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by DabuIIIT: 7:36pm On Apr 21, 2020
Naajjii:

See am coward.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 21, 2020
sexylassie2:

What famine?

Where in the north have there been famine?

Where in the south Is agriculture practice?

You posted these young boys begging with plates, what is the difference between the online beggars of the south and these boys.

Anybody that has lived in the north will tell stories of different type of fruits, vegetables and edible food you can buy when you go to their market.

we produce garri, yam, plantain, palm oil in large quantity here in Delta.

northerners come here for palm oil in large quantities.
plantain leave here to Lagos, onitsha and Abuja in large quantities.

that you supply beans, fruits and cows does not mean you feed the nation

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by omonnakoda: 7:38pm On Apr 21, 2020
Naajjii:

Muslims don't swear?
Do you know how many oaths are in the Quran?

4 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by kogiguy(m): 7:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
DabuIIIT:

Here we go again,Igbo this Igbo that, anybody, anybody at all that comes up with any analysis that doesn't tally with your ideology is automatically Igbo!!! Shame on you.....

Truth be told,you northerners add nothing, absolutely nothing to the value of the country and other Nigerians.

You bunch have been a huge burden on the south especially the Niger Deltans....

You have been in power for donkey years one way or the other and the country haven't fared any better. She keeps going down deep in retrogression which,by the way,is your hallmark.

We southerners say, Thunda Faya Lugard.
Thunda Faya 1914.
Thunda Faya that bloody amalgamation.

We wish it never happened.

God bless you,deepfeel
At least the stupid oil is now 11 dollars per barrel. The landlocked area you're talking about, what do they produce?
Look at your ideology, you believed that the south is one, but north should be divided. Put your hands on your head an repeat after me, Father Lord, please forgive me.
DanArrewa, kada ka ƙara ba kowa amsa a wannan gurin.
Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Naajjii: 7:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
DabuIIIT:

See am coward.
But i asked you to do it at Osu caste, why cant you do it there, who is a coward now?
Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by DabuIIIT: 8:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
Naajjii:

But i asked you to do it at Osu caste, why cant you do it there, who is a coward now?

3 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by DabuIIIT: 8:04pm On Apr 21, 2020
kogiguy:
At least the stupid oil is now 11 dollars per barrel. The landlocked area you're talking about, what do they produce?
Look at your ideology, you believed that the south is one, but north should be divided. Put your hands on your head an repeat after me, Father Lord, please forgive me.
DanArrewa, kada ka ƙara ba kowa amsa a wannan gurin.

And that is how all oil will be useless in your life and that of your generation

Again,a mallam is laughing and calling others "landlocked",as if northern states are coastal states!!!!
BAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAA!!!!!!!

Chai!!!!!! So much for Mallam mentality

Big shame grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Charleys: 8:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
sexylassie2:
Let this corono virus spread in the north, then you will know who plants your food.

Food crisis then starvation will soon start

The one with money will never starve

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by DanHaske: 9:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
Yes, we have food in the North, that is why food is very cheap up north. Northerner are not hungry. Nobody in the north goes to bed hungry.
Almajiris in the north probably get more food to eat than you deepfeel because every household has excess food to eat and give to others. You will never see any almajiri looking malnourished.
You should learn to ask questions because you are as ignorant as a rock. The aboki shining your shoe has farm produce worth at least 300k. Your age mates in the north are harvesting 50 bags of rice annualy besides other farm produce. People are here making millions of naira from farm. Because you have never traveled out of your small village, you will never know.
We are not hungry, thats why we don't do stupid things. You know hungry makes people so a lot of stupid things. We are not hungry, that is the reason why our girls will never be found in any hotel doing ashawo. The same reason why we don't go to sell drugs, the reason why we don't use our prick for money ritual and then rely on baby factories to have children.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Deepfeel(m): 10:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
Why should almejiris beg to eat if there's that much food up north

So these kids look well fed and healthy to you?
May Allah forgive you

DanHaske:
Yes, we have food in the North, that is why food is very cheap up north. Northerner are not hungry. Nobody in the north goes to bed hungry.
Almajiris in the north probably get more food to eat than you deepfeel because every household has excess food to eat and give to others. You will never see any almajiri looking malnourished.
You should learn to ask questions because you are as ignorant as a rock. The aboki shining your shoe has farm produce worth at least 300k. Your age mates in the north are harvesting 50 bags of rice annualy besides other farm produce. People are here making millions of naira from farm. Because you have never traveled out of your small village, you will never know.
We are not hungry, thats why we don't do stupid things. You know hungry makes people so a lot of stupid things. We are not hungry, that is the reason why our girls will never be found in any hotel doing ashawo. The same reason why we don't go to sell drugs, the reason why we don't use our prick for money ritual and then rely on baby factories to have children.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Spotted At Mecca With His Hands Shaking Uncontrollably (video) / Henry Okah's Allegations Are Entirely False - Dr. Reuben Abati / Pictures Of A White Man Hawking Banana Right In Front Of VGC Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.