Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement (69394 Views)

Kyari’s Replacement: New Twists As Kingibe Bows Out, Ken Nnamani, Ogbonaya Onu C / Maman Daura, Aisha Buhari Fight Dirty Over Kyari’s Replacement / Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:41pm On Apr 21, 2020
Alhaji Isa Funtua, a close ally of President Muhammadu Buhari, has given reason he cannot replace the late Abba Kyari as the president’s Chief of Staff.

Funtua, while reacting to reports that he was likely a replacement for the Office of the Chief of Staff, said it is an insult to his personality.

Speaking to BBC Hausa, the elder statesman said he should be employing people and not struggling for government appointments.

The politician maintained that appointments like Chief of Staff should be for young people not his age mates, adding that Nigerians should stop making caricature of public offices

He was quoted as saying, “I heard people mentioning my name to replace Abba Kyari but I take the story as an insult instead. I have once worked with the government in the 80s, worked with white men and also was once a Minister of the Federal republic. For someone to mention my name for that position is an insult especially for a man who served as a minister nearly 40 years ago and out of government.

“I should be employing people now, not trying to struggle for government appointments. At my level and age, people should first see if I am fit to serve and see if I am strong enough and if I am up-to-date with current realities of governance.

“Even if they approach the president with my name, he knows he cannot ask me to serve at this age. For God’s sake, you mean at my age, I should be waking up at 8am to go to work? Haba, I am way passed that lifestyle. It’s for people like you (referring to the BBC journalist) and other much younger persons. We should stop making caricatures of public offices simply because of the sake of getting appointments,” he said.

Meanwhile, a former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, on Monday, listed Isa Funtua as a member of President Muhammadu Buhari’s “cabal”.

In his piece, Fani-Kayode hinted that there were powerful people around the president.

“Some say he was the leader of the cabal. This is a cabal in which seasoned and skillful old war horses, ancient northern political veterans and warriors like Mamman Daura, Zangon Daura, Mahmoud Tukur, Ismaila Isa Funtua, Lawal Daura, Baba Gana Kingibe and many others.”
https://dailypost.ng/2020/04/21/new-chief-of-staff-its-an-insult-to-suggest-me-as-abba-kyaris-replacement-isa-funtua/

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by Ussycool: 9:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
Eyyaah! Insult abi?

It is made for youths like me. Pls tell Buhari I am interesting.

FTC noni...
More likes more palliatives.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by sapientia(m): 9:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
The man that CBN Gov bends to listen to?

This guy was angry because they said he belonged to the cabal.

He said him alone is a cabal.

To ask him to be Replace Kyari will really be an insult.

Adamu Adamu was chosen by them.

186 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by Nuzo1(m): 9:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
I use to laugh so hard when people said Kyari was the head of the cabal, and thereby made all the presidential decisions.

The cabal appointed him, send him on errands on behalf of Buhari. That's all.

Though once in a while, when the cabal is not interested in a particular issue, he would use such opportunity to advance his own interest.

As for Funtua, the chief financier of the Buhari phenomenon, he is as powerful as Mamman Daura. Daura has the edge because he is Buhari"s nephew.

232 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by Idrisk19(m): 9:56pm On Apr 21, 2020
adamu adamu was appointed already

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by Digitiminimi: 10:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
All these old grandpa should go and sit.

15 Likes

Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by Dpharisee: 10:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
How can the man who appointed Abba Kyari be asked to take his position, it's actually a demotion.
Issa Funtua owns a company called Bullet Construction which built the Federal Secretariat Complex in Abuja and other infrastructure, it was said that he was given open cheques by the military juntas in his contract awards, but he also employed thousands of workers in his company. The office of the Secretary to Govt of the Federation (SGF) is called Bullet House till date.
He is also among those who were dashed Oil Blocks for free in the Niger Delta.
He is the main financier of the CABAL and even tells Emefiele how much he wants CBN to sell Forex to him which former Emir Sanusi Lamido said he refused to join in that multiple exchange rate scheme. That's the kind of corruption that happens under this regime which Buhari with all his so called integrity cannot control.

Without sentiments this man knows what he is saying...

250 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by LandMann: 10:08pm On Apr 21, 2020
Who suggested you in the first place? Whoever made the suggestion should be hung by the ears

5 Likes

Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by GodloveAnthony: 10:08pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ok
Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
You are right sir. With the amount you make in contracts for ghost projects, you don't need such an appointment.

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by Powerplay: 10:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ok
Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by Dalexicographer(m): 10:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
SMH... These people don't know what's coming... They think we're fools...

PS: If you want to open a fully functional PayPal account or learn how to create one, contact me via signature... And if you want to get approved on Upwork too...

Make money this season guys.. smiley cheesy
Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by Neimarjr: 10:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
God abeg ooo

see this old man shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by DonFreshmoney(m): 10:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
Remember he said he is the cabal himself

No new financial contract pass through aso rock into Buhari desk without Isa Funtua seeing it.. this man is a leech.. quote me anywhere

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by Bossontop(m): 10:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
undecided
See dis old man ooo...... Who wan suggest u b4

[img]https://media1./images/076221138b913778c602324a391bf052/tenor.gif?itemid=3316570[/img]

8 Likes

Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by MrHighSea: 10:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
Coro baby, shake dt table again.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by DrSleekQas(m): 10:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
These old men need to be retired

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by GamalNasser: 10:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
Jmmm
Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by Bamz(m): 10:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
Wow I can't believe there are Nigerians who reason this way. We only need to have a handful his kind of personality and we start to see real change.

Meanwhile, a big shout out to all the medical people on the covid19 frontlines . Heroes without capes. God bless y'all.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by apex5394: 10:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
[color=#] 3102038[/color]
Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
DrSleekQas:
These old men need to be retired
Coro to the rescue

5 Likes

Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by Scream(m): 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
Big man...they should exit the political scene already.

1 Like

Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by Kuginzi: 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
He said: "The politician maintained that appointments like Chief of Staff should be for young people not his age mates, adding that Nigerians should stop making caricature of public offices"
So every young person should start preparing for POLITICAL APPOINTMENT!!

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by Seetto: 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
J111333:
You are right sir. With the amount you make in contracts for ghost projects, you don't need such an appointment.
Na you keep the amount for him undecided undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by Marshalemmy(m): 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
We will wait patiently for the next appointment
Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
MrHighSea:
Coro baby, shake dt table again.
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by chrischukszy01(m): 10:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
Nigga don't want to die...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by Olathunji010(m): 10:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
Who even cares before....
Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by AkupeMBANO(m): 10:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
Isa is the chief cabal

4 Likes

Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by donbachi(m): 10:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
Wetin him dey rant sef...with all him bigboy levels,former minister and employing people.."working with whites" as na global award.him still collect 30b naira contract to build carpark for cbn..wen him suppose don retire go back village.

11 Likes

Re: Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement by omonnakoda: 10:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
Nuzo1:
I use to laugh so hard when people said Kyari was the head of the cabal, and thereby made all the presidential decisions.

The cabal appointed him, send him on errands on behalf of Buhari. That's all.

Though once in a while, when the cabal is not interested in a particular issue, he would use such opportunity to advance his own interest.

As for Funtua, the chief financier of the Buhari phenomenon, he is as powerful as Mamman Daura. Daura has the edge because he is Buhari"s nephew.
Are you the secretary of " The Cabal" or their treasurer ?

You used to laugh

And you know all this how ?
The bible
The Quran
Google
Fufu overdose?

Truth is you sit down with your phone and type ideas and fantasies that seem good to you with no basis in ANYTHING

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: Amaechi & El-Rufai Campaign Posters Flood Abuja Streets / Al-Mustapha: How Abacha Died! Didn’t Die After Eating Apples From Prostitutes / Independence Ogunewe Found Dead In Toilet (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.