Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,737 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts (8458 Views)

FBI Links Bola Tinubu With Heroin Trafficking - Tinubu Cuts A Deal / Abuja Blasts: Niger Delta Militants Might Be Responsible – NLC / Buhari Distressed About Abuja Blasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by nduchucks: 3:08am On Jan 07, 2011
No wonder, FBI arrived Abuja promptly. This problem needs to be dealt with very promptly!!!    shocked shocked shocked

America disclosed on Tuesday that Al-Qaeda, the Islamic terrorist network, was the financier, the planner, and the executor of the bomb blasts that killed and maimed in Abuja on New Year’s eve.

The Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) probing the explosions said in its preliminary report that local affiliated terrorist cells provided support on the ground.    shocked shocked shocked
FBI agents made the connection  after  they “conclusively found  that the signature of the bomb matched other blasts by the terror network.”

According to  counter-terrorism experts, every bomb – like art – has the signature of its maker or group-based on funding, sophistication, and objective.

“Some bombs are made to serve as warning with little damage while others are made to achieve  as much collateral damage and deaths as possible, which is the hallmark of Al-Qaeda,” an official stated.

Homeland Security Department officials and Pentagon sources added that based on the FBI findings, President Barack Obama has approved a request by Nigeria for a permanent  FBI counter-terrorism unit in the country.

“These agents normally do investigations after a blast but  their job in Abuja may now include preventing  these blasts through better security coordination and surveillance.”

They will also train Nigerians on how to detect and deal with local terror groups.

Based on the FBI recommendations, Abuja has awarded a contract for the installation of close circuit security cameras at sensitive  locations countrywide, including airports, bridges, roads, hotels and other places determined by officials.

The  cameras are emerging as an important tool in detection and prosecution of  terror suspects.

The government has agreed to  also  keep an eye  on  Islamic scholars visiting Nigeria from  the Middle East whose teachings are deemed inflammatory.    “Groups like Boko Haram are being influenced and financed by  extremist foreign  religious leaders and groups with the intention of overthrowing the Nigerian Government.

“It is the responsibility of the government to cut such ties and funding in the interest of national security,” Homeland Department officials warned.

The prodding of the Americans also led to the directive given by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) that all banks should tell their customers to update their data.

“It was discovered that thousands of fictitious accounts are being used by  suspected terror groups to move vast amounts of money to finance their training and operation. Hopefully the policy will  close that window and cut off the funds.”

Besides, the FBI recommended the setting up of  a  new terror unit, independent of existing security agencies, because of fears dozens of officials may have been compromised by  bribes.

Back in Lagos, daily activities were disrupted in Alausa on Thursday as a result of another bomb scare through an anonymous note dropped in the toilet of a company.

It claimed that a bomb would detonate in about six hours’ time.

The note, signed by a group called Concerned Nigerians, urged the evacuation of workers and visitors to the premises.

News of the impending explosion, which started mid-day, spread like wide fire and soon attracted the police Anti-bomb Squad.

Read the rest of the story here  =====> http://www.independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=26703
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by nduchucks: 3:11am On Jan 07, 2011
The rest of the story below:

Lagos State Government secretariat workers also panicked at the news that another bomb was planted in the secretariat.

Governor Babatunde Fashola got to hear about it at about 3:30 p.m. during the commissioning of phase two of the modern taxi cab scheme in Ikeja, where he was represented by his Deputy, Sarah Sosan.

The state government allayed the fears by saying that the security operatives are on top of the situation and urged residents of the mega city to go about their businesses without panic.

But elsewhere, the police also had to dismiss as a mere threat, report of the presence of a bomb in Motorways building in the Ikosi area, which anti-terrorists officers cordoned off.

Police Commissioner, Marvel Akpoyibo, said it was the handiwork of trouble makers to create fear in the minds of residents.

He appealed to Lagosians to ignore the rumour.

On Wednesday, police anti-bomb squad began the screening of cars at the Lagos Airport, sequel to the bombings in Jos on Christmas eve and in Abuja on New Year’s eve that killed several people, and heightened tension over insecurity.

Officers used metal and mine detectors to search cars at the general aviation terminal, on the directive of Airport Police Commissioner, Moses Onireti.

It was learnt that the exercise was supposed to be a 24-hour affair but did not last that long, probably because of lack of manpower in the anti-bomb unit.

Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) Managing Director, Richard Aisuebeogun, said security at the airports is being taken seriously, and that the FAAN has met with security agencies on the new procedure.

He reiterated that, “Every airport where you have the conglomeration of people means a lot to us, lives and properties are involved. Therefore, we are taking seriously the security of airports. Just yesterday, we had a meeting with (Onireti) and I also met with the Chief Security Officer (CSO).

“As we speak, in another few minutes an airport security committee meeting would hold. We have also directed that a similar meeting, which usually is monthly, should hold on urgent basis."

“We have put in place security procedures that we are currently implementing, so as to ensure we do not have any breaches within the airport environment.”

Aisuebeogun added that the Director General of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), Harold Demuren, who is currently out of the country, is very concerned about security at the airports – and this will necessitate a larger security meeting to review the step taken.

He said efforts will be made to see that Nigerian airports comply with the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) security regulations.

“We believe that we can put in our best and God will surely bless the efforts. That is what we are doing right now and I want to tell you that (Demuren) is very concerned.

“He is currently abroad, and as soon as he comes back, we will hold a larger airport security meeting again to quickly review what our officers and men on the field have done, so as to ensure strict compliance with ICAO security regulations and procedures.”

Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by ekubear1: 3:13am On Jan 07, 2011
You'd think this would get coverage in the US media or something, if true. Not saying I don't believe, but just seems a bit odd. . .
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by nduchucks: 3:21am On Jan 07, 2011
eku_bear:

You'd think this would get coverage in the US media or something, if true. Not saying I don't believe, but just seems a bit odd. . .

I'm sure more details will become available soon. It is noteworthy that "a link between Al Qaeda and the Henry Okah's flank of MEND is currently giving investigators and prosecutors in South Africa a serious concern as to the strength, dynamics and connection of the Nigerian militant group. Okah is said to have arms deal with Al Qaeda network."  http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os4086.html

There is no doubt that Al Quaeda will use religious extremists, MEND, or any other group to achieve their goals. Let's pray that this story is not true.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by ekubear1: 3:29am On Jan 07, 2011
ndu_chucks:

I'm sure more details will become available soon. It is noteworthy that "a link between Al Qaeda and the Henry Okah's flank of MEND is currently giving investigators and prosecutors in South Africa a serious concern as to the strength, dynamics and connection of the Nigerian militant group. Okah is said to have arms deal with Al Qaeda network."  http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os4086.html

There is no doubt that Al Quaeda will use religious extremists, MEND, or any other group to achieve their goals. Let's pray that this story is not true.

Err, this is starting to sound more and more bizarre. When has Al Queda ever used secular freedom fighter types before to accomplish its goals? That doesn't sound like how they operate.

I could see a connection between AlQ and Boko Haram, or some other sort of northern fundamentalist group. But Christian Ijaw oil militants? Not saying it is impossible, but hard for me to believe w/o some sort of evidence.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by nduchucks: 3:34am On Jan 07, 2011
@eku_bear, I agree with you that its starting to sound bizzare. The story in my last link seems to attempt to link Okah with dealings with Al Qaeda. I  honestly don't want to believe the story. We'll find out the truth soon enough. I wonder whether Alhaji Mujahid Asari-Dokubo is Shiite or Sunni.

It suffices to say that the government needs to nip this problem in the bud, pronto.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Akhenaten: 3:35am On Jan 07, 2011
ndu_chucks:

This is completely false. MEND or any other Niger Deltan militant group whose members who are predominately Christian or practice traditional religion will join forces with an Islamic terrorist group.

The people who perpetrated these terrorist attacks are Radical Islamist who want to create an Islamic state out of Nigeria.  It would be asinine to believe that the militant groups of the Niger Delta will join forces with a well known terrorist organization, because their objectives are completely different. The militant groups want better revenue share of th oil revenue as well as self-determination.

Give us the real culprits of this crime. These Islamic terrorist organization are not afraid to spill innocent blood, so it is not far-fetched that they committed this act.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by nduchucks: 3:43am On Jan 07, 2011
@Akhenaten, I hope the culprits are found and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I for one, cannot say who or what group is responsible but I have enough faith in the FBI that the culprit will be revealed.

I additionally hope they will provide us with drones to destroy their camps, be they in the North or deep in the creeks of ND. Insha Allah, they will not succeed in destroying our dear nation.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by violent(m): 3:44am On Jan 07, 2011
Here is an excerpt from a wikileaks source

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics/nation/Obama-created-great-hope-in-the-Muslim-world-Saudi-King/articleshow/7009355.cms

Noting that the US presidency of Barack Obama has created great hope in the Islamic world, the Saudi King Abdullah told a top US official that he should restore America's credibility in the Muslim countries, according to a leaked State Department cable by WikiLeaks .

This was communicated personally by the King, to John Brennan, Obama's counter terrorism advisor, when the latter went to meet him in March 2009 and delivered a personal letter of the US President to the Saudi King. "Thank God for bringing Obama to the Presidency," the King answered, which has created "great hope" in the Muslim world

According to the cable, the King expressed hope the US would review its Iran policy and "come to the right conclusion."

Brennan responded that Obama was personally reviewing US Iran policy and wanted to hear the King's thoughts.

"Abdullah asserted that Iran is trying to set up Hizbollah-like organisations in African countries, observing that the Iranians don't think they are doing anything wrong and don't recognize their mistakes.

"I said (to Mottaki) that's your problem," recounted the King, the cable said.

"Abdullah said he would favor Rafsanjani in an Iranian election, were he to run.

He described Iran not as "a neighbor one wants to see," but as "a neighbour one wants to avoid."

Few months after, we had a container full of all kinds of grenades and rocket lunchers attempting to get through our ports.

. . . .yet a few months afterwards, we had deranged individuals blowing up churches in the name of Jihad!

It all points to either Hezbollah or strong Al-qaeda links.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Onlytruth(m): 3:47am On Jan 07, 2011
[size=16pt]US predicts more bomb attacks in Nigeria[/size]

By Ike Nnamdi, Correspondent, Washington D.C

Friday, January 07, 2011

Nigeria will experience more deadly bomb attacks this year as extreme militant groups affiliated to Al-Qaida step up their efforts to undermine the government, according to America’s elite spy agency, The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

In a memo sent to President Barack Obama and top defence chiefs, the [size=14pt]CIA said the long term objective of the groups is the overthrow of “Nigeria’s secular government to be replaced by a strict Islamic administration under Sharia law.
[/size]
“The agency also concluded that foreign terrorist groups have set up safe havens in the country and are actively recruiting and training youths who they intend to deploy for terror attacks against government facilities.” Officials also warned that some Nigerian security officials have also been compromised by terror groups and could be playing an active part in helping them achieve their objectives.

“The agency predicted the rise of terror groups in Nigeria years ago but the situation now is dire, worsened by the combination of unemployment, the religious and ethnic direction of the present political scenarios”, officials of the Homeland Security Department told Daily Sun. Sources said facilities on the target list of these groups include airports, power stations, oil pipelines, hotels and any place where large number of casualties can be recorded. “The ultimate aim is to cause a large number of deaths and damages”, according to a counter-terrorism official.

The Daily Sun learnt that it was because of the urgency of the Nigerian situation that the administration took the unprecedented step of President Obama and Homeland Security chief Janet Napalitano jointly criticizing the New Year eve bombing in Abuja. “The administration is concerned about the unfolding event in Nigeria and is in discussion with its relevant security agencies for greater security cooperation,” officials stated.

The CIA recommends that Abuja must monitor more closely religious schools, especially in the north and funds sent in by foreign groups as gifts. It also warns that officials who lose out in the elections are likely to play the religious card, which could further raise tension.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/jan/07/national-07-01-2011-019.htm

Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Onlytruth(m): 3:55am On Jan 07, 2011
ndu_chucks:

There is no doubt that Al Quaeda will use religious extremists, MEND, or any other group to achieve their goals. [/b]Let's pray that this story is not true.

[b]ndu_chucks

Sometimes I wonder where you leave your conscience. undecided

So, can you in all honesty tell us that MEND, or any s/south group would EVER ally with al quaeda? What do they share in common?
IMHO they share nothing. One (MEND) attacks oil pipelines (which I STRONGLY CONDEMN too angry angry), but one (al quaeda) aims for maximum massacre and death. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Shame on you for trying to link them. undecided
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Kilode1: 3:59am On Jan 07, 2011
Interesting twist.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by ekubear1: 4:01am On Jan 07, 2011
ndu_chucks:

@Akhenaten, I hope the culprits are found and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I for one, cannot say who or what group is responsible but I have enough faith in the FBI that the culprit will be revealed.

I additionally hope they will provide us with drones to destroy their camps, be they in the North or deep in the creeks of ND.  Insha Allah, they will not succeed in destroying our dear nation.

Dude, Nigeria is not some wasteland like Afghanistan  undecided

We don't need drones to sweep out terrorists or militants in the North. And I think a political solution will be more useful than immediate violence for dealing with the ones in the South (namely, more autonomy and higher derivations for their states).
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by violent(m): 4:04am On Jan 07, 2011
Those religious schools should be closed already, it breeds only people who contributes absolutely nothing to mankind or the future, it enslaves and brainwashes the Nigerian child,  . .all we get from those shytty holes they call schools are kids who know nothing but rant continuously and are more than too eager to kill for the fun of it!

it's really pathetic that those skanky holes have been left unmonitored for so long,  . .and our so call leaders keep meeting on a weekly basis to fight tooth and nail over who gets an extra dollar,  . . .this is an end for naija, if they are not stopped now, they'd kill more people and the government will be forced to take the easiest and cowardly way out----Amnesty!

We needed those FBI agents since yesterday, it's high time we stopped guessing who placed bombs in our closets!
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by nduchucks: 4:07am On Jan 07, 2011
@Onlytruth, I'm glad most forumites are brighter than you, in that they would not reach the same conclusion as you, concerning the notion that I am trying to link  MEND with Al Qaeda.  I am free to explore all information available to us to reach whatever conclusion I want.  

Let me remind you of GEJ's remarks after the Abuja bombing:

"The preliminary analysis of the explosives so far used in Nigeria, the one used in the 1st October explosion has the same characteristics with the ones that happened in Port Harcourt, Warri and some parts of the Niger Delta, it has been classified."

Now the FBI is telling us that they “conclusively found  that the signature of the bomb matched other blasts by the Al Qaeda terror network.”

I'm sorry to inform you that GEJ already made the association you are accusing me of attempting to make. His Interior Minister even criticised him for it, but GEJ is privvy to more information than the said minister.

Your attempt at falsely accusing me has fallen on its face as usual. olodo

@eku_bear, lets hope for the best.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by violent(m): 4:13am On Jan 07, 2011
eku_bear:

Dude, Nigeria is not some wasteland like Afghanistan  undecided

We don't need drones to sweep out terrorists or militants in the North. And I think a political solution will be more useful than immediate violence for dealing with the ones in the South (namely, more autonomy and higher derivations for their states).

dude Boko Haram killed over 750 people using machetes and axes in 2009, at what point in the death toll do we qualify to become another Afghanistan?

a political solution will NOT solve a problem that is largely religious, those guys were taught it is the acceptable, and honorable thing to kill infidels , and unless these teachings are stopped in earnest, they'd continue to kill faster than my neighbor can tell lies
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Onlytruth(m): 4:17am On Jan 07, 2011
ndu_chucks:

@Onlytruth, I'm glad most forumites are brighter than you, in that they would not reach the same conclusion as you, concerning the notion that I am trying to link  MEND with Al Qaeda.  I am free to explore all information available to us to reach whatever conclusion I want.  

Let me remind you of GEJ's remarks after the Abuja bombing:

Now the FBI is telling us that they “conclusively found  that the signature of the bomb matched other blasts by the Al Qaeda terror network.”

I'm sorry to inform you that GEJ already made the association you are accusing me of attempting to make. His Interior Minister even criticised him for it, but GEJ is privvy to more information than the said minister.

Your attempt at falsely accusing me has fallen on its face as usual. olodo

@eku_bear, lets hope for the best.

Look, I'm not exonerating MEND or any southern militant from anything; afterall I am not a member and wouldn't know what they are up to.  undecided undecided
But to say that the blast the FBI identified with signature of Al queda bomb-making is the same as one used by MEND, is your own spin.  I never read that anywhere.

How I wish that the friends of Nigeria would focus on where the real terrorists and mass murderers are in Nigeria - NORTHERN NIGERIA. Early indications are that they are doing just that.  cool
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by nduchucks: 4:21am On Jan 07, 2011
@Onlytruth, why did you remove GEJ's quote included in my write-up when you quoted my post? Let me guess, obfuscation and lame attempt to put the wool over people's eyes.

Look if investigations lead to some elements of MEND, then so be it., if it leads to religious extremist - same same. Deal with the culprits promptly. shikena
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by aljharem(m): 4:31am On Jan 07, 2011
violent:

dude Boko Haram killed over 750 people using machetes and axes in 2009, at what point in the death toll do we qualify to become another Afghanistan?

a political solution will NOT solve a problem that is largely religious, those guys were taught it is the acceptable, and honorable thing to kill infidels , and unless these teachings are stopped in earnest, they'd continue to kill faster than my neighbor can tell lies

i am not sure of the figures but u made a good point there

the problem is not the religion but the politicians that are using our religion as a tool for violence

this is taught to the illiterates and those that do not really know much about Islam angry

i mean the leader of boko haram angry angry angry a leader that is meant to be arrested for treason  angry angry angry angry angry

our religion has never preached violence before but in recent times there is a disturbing thread that is going on,,,may be due to the media of america undecided

but in the past it is not so

also, illegal school are built were children are been taught crap about islam  angry they should be raided and destroyed

if a region recieves less public attention, terrorism takes place
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Onlytruth(m): 4:31am On Jan 07, 2011
ndu_chucks:

@Onlytruth, why did you remove GEJ's quote included in my write-up when you quoted my post? Let me guess, obfuscation and lame attempt to put the wool over people's eyes.

Look if investigations lead to some elements of MEND, then so be it., if it leads to religious extremist - same same. [size=14pt]Deal with the culprits [/size]promptlyu. shikena

I didn't remove your quote; the system did when I hit the reply button.

Yes I totally agree that the culprits should be dealt with seriously. We agree on that.

I only disagreed with your lame attempt to muddle the facts and hoodwink the unsuspecting by lumping resource control agitators with mass murderers and sworn enemies of humanity masquerading as religious zealots.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by nduchucks: 4:43am On Jan 07, 2011
@Onlytruth, I'm sorry to say that an organization that doesn't have any problem with kidnapping and killing innocent people, detonated car bombs in Warri which killed more innocent people, is nothing but a terrorist organization. You can call them resource control agitators if you wish, but in my books, they are murderers and common criminals who should be dealt with as such.

We can debate the credibility of MEND in another thread if you wish. Note that Soyinka himself has dissociated himself from the organization after finding out what they are all about.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Olaedo1: 4:53am On Jan 07, 2011
The is no such thing as al qaeda. Its been proven to be just a name tagged on to islamic terrorist organizations. Everybody get ready for the U.S. to set up a military in Nigeria. Whenever they use the term 'al-qaeda' it means the US military is coming to ur damn country,to "help fight terrorism".
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by violent(m): 5:06am On Jan 07, 2011
Ola edo:

The is no such thing as al qaeda. Its been proven to be just a name tagged on to islamic terrorist organizations. Everybody get ready for the U.S. to set up a military in Nigeria. Whenever they use the term 'al-qaeda' it means the US military is coming to your damn country,to "help fight terrorism".

you must be very sick in the head. . . now al-qaeda is a term designed by the US to forcefully take their military into other countries?. . .and what about Boko Haram? was that invented by the british?
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Onlytruth(m): 5:21am On Jan 07, 2011
ndu_chucks:

@Onlytruth, I'm sorry to say that an organization that doesn't have  any problem with kidnapping and killing innocent people, detonated car bombs in Warri which killed more innocent people, is nothing but a terrorist organization. You can call them resource control agitators if you wish, but in my books, they are murderers and common criminals who should be dealt with as such.

We can debate the credibility of MEND in another thread if you wish. Note that Soyinka himself has dissociated himself from the organization after finding out what they are all about.

I would NEVER defend MEND and its tactics. I never support people who attack innocent folks and blow up pipelines.  NEVER.

Having said that, comparing MEND with Boko Haram is like comparing a headache (curable with a simple panadol) with a brain tumor (needing a complicated and delicate surgery to remove).

Dem no dey for the same category -apologies to the late Abami eda. cool

Give MEND resource control and they would wind up.
Give the whole world to Al queda and Boko Haram, they will still go on killing.  undecided undecided

So open that new thread, let's debate.  cool
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Olaedo1: 5:49am On Jan 07, 2011
Onlytruth:

[size=16pt]US predicts more bomb attacks in Nigeria[/size]

By Ike Nnamdi, Correspondent, Washington D.C

Friday, January 07, 2011

Nigeria will experience more deadly bomb attacks this year as extreme militant groups affiliated to Al-Qaida step up their efforts to undermine the government, according to America’s elite spy agency, The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

In a memo sent to President Barack Obama and top defence chiefs, the [size=14pt]CIA said the long term objective of the groups is the overthrow of “Nigeria’s secular government to be replaced by a strict Islamic administration under Sharia law.
[/size]
“The agency also concluded that foreign terrorist groups have set up safe havens in the country and are actively recruiting and training youths who they intend to deploy for terror attacks against government facilities.” Officials also warned that some Nigerian security officials have also been compromised by terror groups and could be playing an active part in helping them achieve their objectives.

“The agency predicted the rise of terror groups in Nigeria years ago but the situation now is dire, worsened by the combination of unemployment, the religious and ethnic direction of the present political scenarios”, officials of the Homeland Security Department told Daily Sun. Sources said facilities on the target list of these groups include airports, power stations, oil pipelines, hotels and any place where large number of casualties can be recorded. “The ultimate aim is to cause a large number of deaths and damages”, according to a counter-terrorism official.

The Daily Sun learnt that it was because of the urgency of the Nigerian situation that the administration took the unprecedented step of President Obama and Homeland Security chief Janet Napalitano jointly criticizing the New Year eve bombing in Abuja. “The administration is concerned about the unfolding event in Nigeria and is in discussion with its relevant security agencies for greater security cooperation,” officials stated.

The CIA recommends that Abuja must monitor more closely religious schools, especially in the north and funds sent in by foreign groups as gifts. It also warns that officials who lose out in the elections are likely to play the religious card, which could further raise tension.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/jan/07/national-07-01-2011-019.htm

A politically sophisticated country such as the US knows that you do not take sides. They no what they are doing.Trying to pin north against south by openly singling out the north and their religion which they no will cause strife and mayhem.The northerners will feel like they are being attacked.This ridiculous. Those bombings have nothing to do will islamization.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Rhino5dm: 5:51am On Jan 07, 2011
While you guys are bringing up all sorts of conspiracy theory, it is a known fact that Al-qaedah have been for long recruiting agaent and terrorist in the north.
I mean, when i was in the north a younger brother of my freind got missing for about 8 months without any tracy. After all hope loss then came a news that he was in a terrorist camp in far somalia.
The most baffling of all this rubbish is that boy was electrical first class student in the university and he left all his academics to be trained as a terrorist.

I had the opportuinity out curiosity of asking him direct about what he intends to achieved, but guy dont even have a clue, just like a total formating of the brain and subsequent installation of a virus infect software.

I know a similar case in the north which al-qaeda was training some people and sponsoring theri activity with money and hardware in an out skirt of a state. But the governor cover and release them after been arrested just because they are children of the rich among them.

Another twist. . . . . Of all was last month Asari dokubo mujahid was a host to a radio station in portharcourt. I.e live programme, but to my dismay this guy was openly defending the late leader of boko haram sects and saying that he is a freind to them and were just mis understood by the public. He went ahead to say that he supports everything they do . . . . . . Quote him

"they are not boko haram, they are freedom fighters. How can you have a Phd and called your self boko haram. . . . ."

" i know many of them in the group, they are engineers, doctors, accountants, they are fighting a just cause. . . . ."

he continues by warning and insulting Gov. amaechi and said that Abeyi sekibo is going to be the next governor. . . . . . . I will post the some sorts of thrilling account later cos am using my mobile now. . . .THE THREATS OF AL-QAEDAH IS REAL!!!
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Olaedo1: 5:53am On Jan 07, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

While you guys are bringing up all sorts of conspiracy theory, it is a known fact that Al-qaedah have been for long recruiting agaent and terrorist in the north.
I mean, when i was in the north a younger brother of my freind got missing for about 8 months without any tracy. After all hope loss then came a news that he was in a terrorist camp in far somalia.
The most baffling of all this rubbish is that boy was electrical first class student in the university and he left all his academics to be trained as a terrorist.

I had the opportuinity out curiosity of asking him direct about what he intends to achieved, but guy dont even have a clue, just like a total formating of the brain and subsequent installation of a virus infect software.

I know a similar case in the north which al-qaeda was training some people and sponsoring theri activity with money and hardware in an out skirt of a state. But the governor cover and release them after been arrested just because they are children of the rich among them.

Another twist. . . . . Of all was last month Asari dokubo mujahid was a host to a radio station in portharcourt. I.e live programme, but to my dismay this guy was openly defending the late leader of boko haram sects and saying that he is a freind to them and were just mis understood by the public. He went ahead to say that he supports everything they do . . . . . . Quote him

"they are not boko haram, they are freedom fighters. How can you have a Phd and called your self boko haram. . . . ."

" i know many of them in the group, they are engineers, doctors, accountants, they are fighting a just cause. . . . ."

he continues by warning and insulting Gov. amaechi and said that Abeyi sekibo is going to be the next governor. . . . . . . I will post the some sorts of thrilling account later cos am using my mobile now. . . .THE THREATS OF AL-QAEDAH IS REAL!!!

Conspiracy theory how? Explain because obviously you know something we don't.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by rasputinn(m): 6:11am On Jan 07, 2011
No wonder they,re using Atiku and Babangida
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Rhino5dm: 6:20am On Jan 07, 2011
I will do that  later. . . . . I will tell you who is boko haram, thier aim and the methods Al-qaeda recruits in Nigeria. And can ask any question or make any comment you wish. . . . . . . . Gusto momento quando i o arrievo mia officio.

Ola edo:

Conspiracy theory how? Explain because obviously you know something we don't.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Rhino5dm: 10:48am On Jan 07, 2011
In bit and pieces. . . , .cos am very busy.

Al-qaeda has been for long recruiting young and innocent chaps in the many parts of northern Nigeria with a disguise of offering them scholarship to

study In university in northern Africa and some part of middle east.

But, what contribute to their success is the non chalent attitude from the government in tackling head on the root cause.

When Mohammed yusuf the founder of the dreaded boko haram started his nefarious activity of radicalism and massively recruiting gullible goons

with no worth of their lives and regard for others, the people in government turns down cries from some genuine Islamic scholars to instantly nip

out the problem and cut off the cancerous growth, thereby allowing to come to this current state.

The al-qaeda and some terror organization exploit the illiteracy and high ignorance level in the north to promote their deadly agenda and expand

their network of terrorism. What baffle’s me most, is that majority of their recruit are the finest in academics. Ranging from the best in engineering,

medicine, law and accountancy.

I still remember the case of a final year civil engineering student in university of maiduguri that started acting weird, before you know it he’s gone.

The only massage he was able to deliver was a phone called from a business center in kano to his mom “ please forgive me if I have wronged you,

am going for jihad” and that’s all and last word from a 2.1 final year civil engineer student.

After some effort from his family the only clue they got was that he was in the mist of some guys with travelling bags and

whispering “niger” “chad” “geographical maps” “enough food stuff” from the commercial phone operator in angwa uku area in kano.

Let say me this, what I notice from their tactics ant antics is that they normally look for a low profile Islamic scholar and radicalized, bribe and

promise all sort of rewards.
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Nsiman(m): 11:33am On Jan 07, 2011
Mmmmm!
Re: FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts by Nsiman(m): 11:33am On Jan 07, 2011
Mmmmm!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ekiti Awards N8.9bn Ado-Osun Boundary Road Project To Contractor / Top Abia APGA Member, Ifeanyi Ogbonna Dumps Party For APC / Senate Gets 57 Requests For States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.