Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Lockdown: Tough Decisions Coming From Buhari Next Week – NCDC - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lockdown: Tough Decisions Coming From Buhari Next Week – NCDC (433 Views)

The Snake I Just Killed While Coming From Man U Vs Man City / Niger Delta Militants Make Fresh Demand From Buhari / What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lockdown: Tough Decisions Coming From Buhari Next Week – NCDC by ignis: 5:22am On Apr 22, 2020
President Muhamadu Buhari will make some very difficult decisions next week about the lockdown occasioned by the coronavirus pandemic, Director-General, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, Chikwe Ihekweazu has said. He said this in Katsina on Monday when he visited Governor Aminu Masari to see the state’s preparedness for COVID 19. The audio of the discussion by the duo was obtained yesterday by our correspondent.

Ihekweazu disclosed that the president was scheduled to join the governors’ forum teleconference meeting to discuss some of the decisions. “There will be some very difficult decisions to be made around how to restart part of the economy, what to restart and what not to restart. “The truth is we cannot go back to pre-COVID, pre-lockdown, we’ll have to make some adjustments in how we engage, how we work, pray, relax and so some businesses. All these are difficult decisions that have to be made.

“Until we get vaccines, none of us is alone in this, every country is struggling with this, it is finding a balance between doing the needful and opening the economy so that people can survive, we cannot shut down everything,” he added.

In his remarks, Masari expressed concern that young men from Katsina State, scattered all over Nigeria, especially Lagos, Port Harcourt and Abuja, were returning home avoiding official entry points because of the vastness of the land. He said his government had involved traditional rulers so that returnees could be identified and quarantined for 14 days. Masari said those returning through official borders were being recorded and data taken to quarantine them too.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/lockdown-tough-decisions-coming-from-buhari-next-week-ncdc.html
Re: Lockdown: Tough Decisions Coming From Buhari Next Week – NCDC by ogawriter(m): 5:23am On Apr 22, 2020
I don't think this lockdown will be lifted next week. With the way, Kano State is rushing to top the chart, plus there is something I also noticed. It is like there are some states where the NCDC isn't carrying out any (or enough test).

Without massive testing, the lockdown will be useless. Why lock the country down when you are not enforcing social distancing, carrying out tests on a massive scale, and isolating infected people quickly.

My prayer is that the west should come up with a solution quickly because we are not ready in this country.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Tough Decisions Coming From Buhari Next Week – NCDC by Bola146(f): 5:53am On Apr 22, 2020
Let us wait and see.. na God go help us
Re: Lockdown: Tough Decisions Coming From Buhari Next Week – NCDC by Sikay19(m): 5:54am On Apr 22, 2020
Well, It is not a thing of surprise we have seen that coming already. It is clear fact that the number of people living with covid-19 are far more than the reported number. When someone is tested positive, what about the people around him/her and the people he comes in contact with ? The truth is that NCDC are not doing well to help the situation. Why can't they embark on mass test on everyone in the country. There is something we are yet to know about this.
Re: Lockdown: Tough Decisions Coming From Buhari Next Week – NCDC by Pact: 6:03am On Apr 22, 2020
Another 2 weeks extension on the lockdown order

For those who are yet to register,the immigration recruitment has been extended by two weeks. Tell your children/wards, friends to go and register.
https://www.nairaland.com/5733310/nigeria-immigration-service-2020-recruitment/60#88554125
Re: Lockdown: Tough Decisions Coming From Buhari Next Week – NCDC by akinmusi(m): 6:10am On Apr 22, 2020
I do hope Kank State won't worsen the lock down
Re: Lockdown: Tough Decisions Coming From Buhari Next Week – NCDC by ignis: 6:15am On Apr 22, 2020
akinmusi:
I do hope Kank State won't worsen the lock down

Kano state must extend the lockdown. Though they will allow for 2 days for people to stock their houses with essential items like foodstuffs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Tough Decisions Coming From Buhari Next Week – NCDC by Andesite: 5:54pm On Apr 25, 2020
We expect Buhari to Address Nigerians next tomorrow.
Re: Lockdown: Tough Decisions Coming From Buhari Next Week – NCDC by Andesite: 6:24pm On Apr 27, 2020
Today is the day....

(1) (Reply)

Mercy Chinwo- International Gospel Artist Of The Year 2020 / Help Me Celebrate My Sister, She Is Plus One Today. / Nnewi North Is "Apga" As Oke-mmanwu U-aya Stormed Nnewi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.