Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App (935 Views)

Kogi Becomes Africa Medical Hub As Hospital Install 2nd In The World Signa Prime / Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters / Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App by Anthony4578(m): 8:02am On Apr 22, 2020
Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, as FGN, Kano and Lagos states launch Covid-19 App

Barely 48hours after the announcement of the Kogi State Covid-19 risk assessment and tracking application (www.kogicovid19.com.ng) by Governor Yahaya Bello, other states in the federation have begun launching their own Covid-19 tracking application.

Kano state followed suit by the launch of a web app for Covid-19, as well as Lagos launching app.alertclinic.com

In another post, the Federal Ministry of Health wants you to do a honest less than one minute self-assessment once a week to determine your risk of contracting Covid-19 by clicking on the following link, remember this is not a diagnostic tool and does not replace it: https://fhtiapps.com/covid-19selfassessment

Kogites are indeed proud to see Kogi state set the pace for Global 21st Healthcare delivery.
The state Government has received multiple accolades for the launch of Covid-19 web and mobile applications to ascertain the risk level of citizens, who then receive immediate medical attention.
It is also worthy to note that Kogi has successfully set up 3 isolation centers, despite having no case of Covid-19 in the state.
On test centers, the state is currently awaiting validation of her Gene Xpert and PCR machines for Covid-19 testing.

https://kogistatenews.com.ng/?p=3988

1 Like

Re: Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App by new2012: 8:04am On Apr 22, 2020
Lol!!!! Bunch of jokers pace setters indeed
Re: Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App by Aiming1985(m): 8:04am On Apr 22, 2020
Nearly FTC

1 Like

Re: Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App by ignis: 8:08am On Apr 22, 2020
All na wash
Re: Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App by Xandred(m): 8:09am On Apr 22, 2020
I must commend Yahaya Bello for this initiative.
This is indeed laudable considering the few persons our test facilities can accommodate daily.
The self assessment is just a self check app, to ascertain your risk level.
Kogi state, for the first time, I'm proud of you

1 Like

Re: Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App by savagefinder: 8:09am On Apr 22, 2020
Say what you may about kogi state but this one they got it right! The governor shut down the State before hand (something we all wanted Lagos and FG to do), they have built an isolation center for 500+ people before even having any case and they created this platform to help their citizens do their self risk assessment, I heard there is a monitoring station for replies and to see replies that have high risk and contact the individuals.

Every state should follow suit and develop something of this sort, at least it goes along way to reach out to more people, the federal government should try and also make it very effective as it is in kogi.

If we can all criticise Yahaya Bello, we should also give him accolades when due.. Nice one!

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App by Anthony4578(m): 8:10am On Apr 22, 2020
working perfect!
Thank you Governor Bello

Re: Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App by Alphafeezay(m): 8:10am On Apr 22, 2020
new2012:

A self assessment application and you call it a Joke?
Re: Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App by savagefinder: 8:12am On Apr 22, 2020
new2012:
let us be frank, have you tested the platform? My friend in kogi jokingly falsified his information to place himself as high risk just to test the platform, nearly 5 minutes after submitting his test, he got a call from the state emergency response asking for his location and his health status.. I don't like yahaya bello but this one is commendable.. We should say the truth

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App by Alphafeezay(m): 8:12am On Apr 22, 2020
We always allow sentiments to becloud our judgements, this is a right thing to do owing to the slow pace of testing in Nigeria.

A self assessment application is the right thing to do.

Kudos to Kogi State Government
Re: Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App by segebase(m): 8:13am On Apr 22, 2020
stewped people
Re: Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App by new2012: 8:15am On Apr 22, 2020
savagefinder:
let us be frank, have you tested the platform? My friend in kogi jokingly falsified his information to place himself as high risk just to test the platform, nearly 5 minutes after submitting his test, he got a call from the state emergency response asking for his location and his health status.. I don't like yahaya bello but this one is commendable.. We should say the truth

These apps were available since January. They were built across the world to carry out self assessments in determining if someone should be tested based in risks.

The joke is on the pacesetter crap. You copied the code from a site and claim pace setter and a week later claim other States are copying. wtf!
Re: Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App by new2012: 8:16am On Apr 22, 2020
Alphafeezay:

A self assessment application and you call it a Joke?

Self assessment applications and web were built since early January.. Its nice to have but utmost inaccurate..

However, copying d easy cope, putting it in a website and claiming innovation is a sin in the IT world. Say less calling herself pacesetter.
Re: Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App by savagefinder: 8:17am On Apr 22, 2020
ignis:
All na wash
maybe other things na wash but this one, I think it is being implemented well, there is rapid response squad by the state, my friend jokingly made his results look like he was having symptoms, within 5 minutes, he was receiving calls from the state emergency response asking his location and if he is okay and if he is okay with being moved to proper place for medical care and attention..

The state has zero cases and the roads are locked tight.. Yahaya bello did the right thing in this Covid-19 response, while we are here praising sanwolu, let us appreciate that sometimes, other states can do good things too
Re: Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App by savagefinder: 8:22am On Apr 22, 2020
new2012:

Self assessment applications and web were built wince early January.. Its nice to have but utmost inaccurate..

However, copying d easy cope, putting it in a website and claiming innovation is a sin in the IT world. Say less calling herself pacesetter.
i don't think it's is about the self assessment that makes it a pace setter but the system in place to handle results,I read the publication around the platform, the state claims (I dunno if it is true but it claims) that it has a dedicated department newly created in the ministry of health with staff overlooking results, there are emergency ambulances (up to 20) dedicated to the platform alone..

I'm not a yahaya bello fan but if we see something applaudable let's say it
Re: Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App by Anthony4578(m): 8:22am On Apr 22, 2020

Re: Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App by donbachi(m): 8:25am On Apr 22, 2020
The world dey find cure...dis ones dey cure dia pockets.
Re: Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App by new2012: 8:51am On Apr 22, 2020
savagefinder:
i don't think it's is about the self assessment that makes it a pace setter but the system in place to handle results,I read the publication around the platform, the state claims (I dunno if it is true but it claims) that it has a dedicated department newly created in the ministry of health with staff overlooking results, there are emergency ambulances (up to 20) dedicated to the platform alone..

I'm not a yahaya bello fan but if we see something applaudable let's say it

Lol! You're a joker!

How many ambulance does the entire kogi govt own? How many workers have been paid.

An app that operates in anonymous mode and refer u to go for testing will automatically collect your data and you'll be traced via IP and an ambulance will come looking for u.
Re: Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App by Alphafeezay(m): 8:53am On Apr 22, 2020
I have used this for myself and my uncle..
I think Yahaya Bello has done well for the first time.
Re: Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App by Alphafeezay(m): 8:54am On Apr 22, 2020
Downloaded the app

Re: Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App by CYBERWEAVER(m): 8:55am On Apr 22, 2020
Copied Web app code
Re: Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App by new2012: 8:59am On Apr 22, 2020
CYBERWEAVER:
Copied Web app code

Our govt impoverish her citizen even mentally to a state where they can't reason.

I think the problem Herr is exposure, the citizenry ain't exposed.
Re: Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App by CYBERWEAVER(m): 9:06am On Apr 22, 2020
new2012:

Our govt impoverish her citizen even mentally to a state where they can't reason.

I think the problem Herr is exposure, the citizenry ain't exposed.
if you can read and write no one owes you exposure

1 Like

Re: Kogi Becomes Pace Setters, As FGN, Kano And Lagos States Launch Covid-19 App by new2012: 10:15am On Apr 22, 2020
CYBERWEAVER:
if you can read and write no one owes you exposure

Kinda.. Most importantly, phones with internet access are readily available and access to that internet is cheap. However reading and writing doesn't make u exposed, a lot of folks in North Korea can read and write but are not exposed.

Exposures goes beyond reading and writing. You might be able to read and write and even get wealthy but still lack exposure. It's a different ball game in different sphere.

(1) (Reply)

Let's Help You Sell Your Health Products On Facebook/instagram / daily suppliments to aid a good health. / Where To Buy Thc(weed) Distillate Oil In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.