Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,149 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Just In: ASUU Rejects Buhari’s Condition For Payment Of Withheld Salaries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just In: ASUU Rejects Buhari’s Condition For Payment Of Withheld Salaries (3504 Views)

Obi Increases Lecturers' Pay To More Than Dep Governor's, ASUU Rejects It (2010) / FUTO: ASUU Rejects Own Committee Report Confirming Pantami's Professorship / Scott Tommy Rejects Buhari’s Appointment To Campaign Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just In: ASUU Rejects Buhari’s Condition For Payment Of Withheld Salaries by 9jatriot(m): 6:00pm On Apr 22, 2020
This ASUU matter tire me.
Employer says you must be integrated into our web application system to get paid, employee say, no, we have our own web application system which you must use to pay us.

Try that nonsense in Shell, banks and even ordinary shop and see if you will not be out of job the next day. Some companies will even tell you the particular bank where you have to have your salary account and yet these supposedly learned people are opposing something that is supposed to improve the efficiency of the employers payment system.

All government needs to do is to set up a committee to investigate sexual harassments in each university and call both past and present students to come forward, you can then use that excuse to sack many of them without gratuity. Then you charge them to court to waste their remaining small savings so that they will have sense. Many of them have skeletons in their cupboards so this kind of trap will always catch, in short, it is even the lecturing themselves that will be spilling on themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Just In: ASUU Rejects Buhari’s Condition For Payment Of Withheld Salaries by kkkp: 6:00pm On Apr 22, 2020
PDJT:

-What is wrong with that? At several times, I had to work for several employers to maximize income and improve myself. Anything wrong with that?
Everything is wrong with that because most of them are been paid for the work they have not done. We have lecturers who only have an hour contact with there students in a semester. They give less attention to there students because their attention is divided.
Re: Just In: ASUU Rejects Buhari’s Condition For Payment Of Withheld Salaries by omonnakoda: 6:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
Simplyleo:
Fed govt condition for payment of Feb and March salaries:

But:

So why can't the lecturers submit their BVN for the payment of their salaries?

High level corruption in the Ivory Towers. undecided
If the objective is to fight corruption IPPIS is not the only way.
Re: Just In: ASUU Rejects Buhari’s Condition For Payment Of Withheld Salaries by 9jatriot(m): 6:03pm On Apr 22, 2020
Many lecturers cannot fit into the real sector abeg, wertin them know. Imagine a lecturer in religious studies, not like he will be able to open a church, yet they go de flex muscles. Even the ones that lecture in Engineering department will be employed as trainee in companies. Or is it the so called computer science lecturers that cannot write a line of simple code? Or the chemistry professor that cannot mix simple dyes.
Nonsense.
Blue3k:
Lol Buhari is such a weak president. If the dont want to work fire them. Most federal employees have little leverage considering jow bad the job market is. The only thing to consider is if there's enough qualified people to replace them. If you pull a Ronald Reagan then what are they going to do.

Re: Just In: ASUU Rejects Buhari’s Condition For Payment Of Withheld Salaries by PDJT: 6:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
kkkp:
Everything is wrong with that because most of them are been paid for the work they have not done. We have lecturers who only have an hour contact with there students in a semester. They give less attention to there students because their attention is divided.

-Mr. There is nothing wrong with that as you have just failed to prove now. Gig-economy is Universal except maybe in authoritarian regimes which it seem you’re promoting.

-Performance should be measured by the employer, with whichever transparent means they deem fit, NOT by emotions though. Work already done, should be paid for- that’s the right thing to do.

-Advice: please study the difference between “there” and “their”.
Re: Just In: ASUU Rejects Buhari’s Condition For Payment Of Withheld Salaries by Petersamuel8(m): 6:15pm On Apr 22, 2020
I still don't understand why ASUU are against this ipps
Re: Just In: ASUU Rejects Buhari’s Condition For Payment Of Withheld Salaries by kingi777: 6:23pm On Apr 22, 2020
Re: Just In: ASUU Rejects Buhari’s Condition For Payment Of Withheld Salaries by kkkp: 6:40pm On Apr 22, 2020
PDJT:

-Mr. There is nothing wrong with that as you have just failed to prove now. Gig-economy is Universal except maybe in authoritarian regimes which it seem you’re promoting.

-Performance should be measured by the employer, with whichever transparent means they deem fit, NOT by emotions though. Work already done, should be paid for- that’s the right thing to do.

-Advice: please study the difference between “there” and “their”.
Look at who is talking about performance.
We know Nigerian lecturers are not performing very well which is indirectly affecting the quality of graduates. Oga lecturer I guess you are one of those greedy people. Like it or not you must enrol

2 Likes

Re: Just In: ASUU Rejects Buhari’s Condition For Payment Of Withheld Salaries by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 22, 2020
I wonder why and reason for the establishment of that useless union, with confused set of hypocrites

why should they reject payment via BVN?? it's obvious and clear that ASUU is a fraudulent union

2 Likes

Re: Just In: ASUU Rejects Buhari’s Condition For Payment Of Withheld Salaries by PDJT: 6:47pm On Apr 22, 2020
kkkp:
Look at who is talking about performance.
We know Nigerian lecturers are not performing very well which is indirectly affecting the quality of graduates. Oga lecturer I guess you are one of those greedy people. Like it or not you must enrol

-I’m not a lecturer and if I am I wouldn’t waste my time and energy in Nigerian “schools, colleges or universities”. I’d rather lecture the sons and daughters of your rulers abroad.

-People like you don’t have brain for higher education.
Re: Just In: ASUU Rejects Buhari’s Condition For Payment Of Withheld Salaries by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 22, 2020
Petersamuel8:
I still don't understand why ASUU are against this ipps
i still do not get it too

1 Like

Re: Just In: ASUU Rejects Buhari’s Condition For Payment Of Withheld Salaries by bereto(m): 7:39pm On Apr 22, 2020
macIB:

Is anything wrong in doing extra jobs to keep body and soul together? All over the world, university lecturers do more than 1 university job at a time.
To lecture no be moinmoin.

Once you bring Nigeria matter someone must make reference to other parts of the world even if what they are saying is rubbish
Lecturers in other parts of the world work full time in just one university and in a consultative capacity to other universities only after taking permission from their school. That's why when you call a professor's name you also call the school he works for

3 Likes

Re: Just In: ASUU Rejects Buhari’s Condition For Payment Of Withheld Salaries by cybertron88: 8:10pm On Apr 22, 2020
Useless ASUU and criminal lecturers. Nobody says u shouldn't lecture in more than one University. U should only be a confirmed staff in one and be a contract staff in others. How will one person be receiving full time salary including allowance in 3 different federal University. It's criminal. Block head copy and paste lecturers. We have a lot of sound first class graduate willing to go into lecturing but this greedy bunch don block everywhere. I think the government should withhold d salary after all no be today Dem begin go strike.

3 Likes

Re: Just In: ASUU Rejects Buhari’s Condition For Payment Of Withheld Salaries by Miracle1991: 8:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
SavageMaster:

BVN is supposed to be highly confidential and private. Nobody has the right to demand or force it out of you. Give out your BVN at your own risk.
government or your employer have the right to ask you for your BVN

2 Likes

Re: Just In: ASUU Rejects Buhari’s Condition For Payment Of Withheld Salaries by Miracle1991: 8:25pm On Apr 22, 2020
macIB:

Is anything wrong in doing extra jobs to keep body and soul together? All over the world, university lecturers do more than 1 university job at a time.
To lecture no be moinmoin.
not the same government. In Nigeria some of them are lecturing in 2 to 4 federal universities. That's means federal government is paying them 4 times every month while some graduate are looking for job for over 10 yrs.

3 Likes

Re: Just In: ASUU Rejects Buhari’s Condition For Payment Of Withheld Salaries by macIB(m): 8:20pm On May 11, 2020
bereto:

Once you bring Nigeria matter someone must make reference to other parts of the world even if what they are saying is rubbish
Lecturers in other parts of the world work full time in just one university and in a consultative capacity to other universities only after taking permission from their school. That's why when you call a professor's name you also call the school he works for

You need not be stupid and uncivil when answering question. why the word "rubbish"?
Re: Just In: ASUU Rejects Buhari’s Condition For Payment Of Withheld Salaries by macIB(m): 8:22pm On May 11, 2020
Miracle1991:
not the same government. In Nigeria some of them are lecturing in 2 to 4 federal universities. That's means federal government is paying them 4 times every month while some graduate are looking for job for over 10 yrs.

You have a point.
Re: Just In: ASUU Rejects Buhari’s Condition For Payment Of Withheld Salaries by bereto(m): 8:59pm On May 11, 2020
macIB:

You need not be stupid and uncivil when answering question. why the word "rubbish"?
Taken, apologies
Re: Just In: ASUU Rejects Buhari’s Condition For Payment Of Withheld Salaries by Greensquard(m): 1:56pm On Jun 03, 2020
henryugo:
Selfish interests...

I tried replying ur messages but it kept bouncing so it seems that email is faulty..contact me with a valid one
Re: Just In: ASUU Rejects Buhari’s Condition For Payment Of Withheld Salaries by henryugo(m): 11:06pm On Jun 05, 2020
Greensquard:

I tried replying ur messages but it kept bouncing so it seems that email is faulty..contact me with a valid one
Ugohenry73@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ranching: Living Faith Church And The Redeem Christian Church / How Does The World See Africa / Obasanjo Nominates 9 Ministers, Chief Of Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.