Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,925 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:38 AM

TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) (23221 Views)

Hell Razor - Thriller, Suspense, Mystery+Extreme Violence ( Adult Content ) / Magical Attraction (A Romance Suspense Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Story, Love Happens By Laura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 10:33pm On Sep 01, 2020
Adeola25:
Thanks for the update OP
Always! *Hugs*
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 10:01pm On Sep 07, 2020
"Well sha, that's it sha" She said, "Say hello to our Kayode too ooh"

"Abeg ooh, goodnight" She said as a call came into her phone almost immediately after she ended the call with Chinyere. Taking a glance on her phone, she realised it to be her mum. Pheww! It's been a while since they talked ooh.
Sliding up her receive call option, she said in excitement into the phone, "Hello mummyyy!"

"Hello my dear, bawo ni?" She said in a motherly way.

"I am fine ooh mummy"

"So you just forgot me like that abi?"

"Aha aha, mummy, no ooh" She said as guilt gripped her heart.

"Well sha, your daddy and myself reconciled ooh"

"What?! Mum, why? How?" She grimaced, "After all he did to us?"

"Mummy, no, and you did this without telling me?"

"I'm sorry my darling" She said in a chiding tone.

"No, not in that manner mum!" She was soon loosing her temper as she placed her hand to her chest.

"Tolani, sometimes we need to forgive those who wrong us sometimes"

After ending the call in a not too nice manner, as a mix of a gush of sadness and anger swept through her, as her body locked up in rage. Wheww! The despair and depression was back as her mood plummeted.
Toggling to her phone's play list, she searched for 'The Killers' "Be Still"', and clicked play!

Picking up a random Christian romance novella on her bed, she opened to a random page and had her eyes skimming through to let go of those emotions. But no, they wouldn't go. Erm, should she call Chinyere back to speak to her about it? Or yet, Fatimah? No no, Dr Bunmi would be better hun? Toggling to her phone's book, she searched for her phone's number, then dialed it. After two rings, she picked, "Hello ma" She said into the phone.

3 DAYS LATER.

Drowning in his grief as he felt empty, he yawned as he rose up from the bed. There was definitely nothing his crying could do to bring his dad back, so why the continual mourning. He quickly rushed said his prayers as he strolled up to his study table, picked up his phone as he dragged his chair out ; it made a strepitous noise on the tiled floor.

Switching on his data as his dozens of WhatsApp messages buzzed in, he settled to sit. Wheww! Clicking through, his unread texts were in their tensss. Most were condolences. Some were curious texts on why he hasn't been active on social media. Scrolling through for an important info, he saw about 5 unread texts from Lois.

Just then a knock went on his door.

"Come in" He said dryly as he clicked open a text from Mabel. It read how deeply sorry she was about it and sincerely did not know what to say but her prayers were definitely with him, and she would be coming over to his place later that day.

Taking a deep breath, he quickly typed, "Thank you", backspaced it and after a moment reflection typed "Thank you" again, clicked send and turned his neck to see who had entered his room to realise it be his mum as she settled to sit on the edge of his bed.

"Kayode..." She said after a moment reflection.

"Good morning mummy" He said as he rose up, plastering on a smile and strolling up to join her on the bed.

"How are you today?" She asked in Yoruba as affection glowed in her face, "I hope you are not thinking again ooh?"

"Aha, aha, mummy!, I am fine" He said in false cheerfulness, and took a deep breathe, "Humm, God understands sha"

"Yes, he does" She sighed, "So, should Nifemi bring in your food?" She asked referring to the new house help her elder sister had employed to help with the house work in a bid to relieve her of the little bits of house work.

"I am not hungry yet ooh, when I am hungry I would go and eat" He said with a fond look.

"Aha, aha, that was how you ended up eating just chips yesterday ooh" She grinned, "Please we can't be mourning your dad and have you sick again. Abeg, she would bring your food now"

As she soon rose up to leave after realizing him to be seemingly alright, his phone suddenly rang on the table. Rising up from the bed he stuttered up the table as he grabbed it and checking out for the caller ID, he realised it to be Lois. Lois? C'mon, what does she want this early morning? He wondered as he swiped down the reject call option and sunk into his chair laced with a pillow for comfort.

3 Likes

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 10:04pm On Sep 07, 2020
oyinella:

I'm fine sir, please come and update na, just add small jara to this one
Oremi Oyinella, update don drop ooh*Winks*
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by oyinella(f): 11:46pm On Sep 07, 2020
oremi, thanks for the update, should we expect more?
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by Adeola25(f): 10:05am On Sep 08, 2020
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 3:24pm On Sep 08, 2020
oyinella:
oremi, thanks for the update, should we expect more?
Definitely!...would be updating on Saturday *Hugs*
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 3:28pm On Sep 08, 2020
Adeola25:
Thanks for the update
You are very much welcome *Hugs*
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by Glory4567(f): 8:16pm On Sep 08, 2020
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 1:05am On Sep 11, 2020
Glory4567:
Thanks for the update
You are welcome *Hugs*
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by oyinella(f): 8:36am On Sep 11, 2020
hizeeksheun:
Definitely!...would be updating on Saturday *Hugs*
saturday is far o

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 6:27pm On Sep 12, 2020
oyinella:
saturday is far o
close your eyes. open it. SATURDAY! yayyy
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 6:32pm On Sep 12, 2020
His hands tightening into fists, he let out a huge breath as despair dragged him down. Sighing, he opened his laptop, he toggled to his favourite movies folder to check for a movie to help wear off his thoughts.

"That Toyosi babe in your story didn't try ooh" Fatimah cackled as she covered her mouth with her hand as herself and Tolani both made jokes about the characters in Tolani's story.
Just then, Tolani's phone rang as she raised a finger to signal an excuse me. She picked the phone to check out who it was and realising it to be Musa, she swiped up the receive call option, she said into the phone excitedly, "Hello"

"Hello ooh"

"How are you now?" She said in voice leaden with affection, "When are they now discharging you ooh"

"I am fine ooh, they said next week hopefully sha"

"Aha, aha, thank God ooh, I'm sorry I haven't been in full check"

"Ahan, ahan, not at all, so how is your work at Body, Soul and Spirit?"

"It's fine sha, so are you going to be resuming back to work in LUTH once you get discharged?"

Chuckling, he said, "No now, erm, not too soon, I hope they even discharge me that next week self, because I am even the one asking for it"

"Aha, aha, they should discharge you on time ooh" She said in a friendly manner. "I would even be coming around to the hospital this weekend to say hello"

They made little talks over the phone while Fatimah worked on putting finish touches to the book cover designated for one of the books approved for publishing, and just then a knock went on the door of their office.

"Come in" Fatimah said as her gaze remained fixed on her laptop as the door creaked open with Lois strutting in a petite navy blue suit.

"Fatimah ooh" Lois said as she settled to sit on the long cushion chair placed at a corner of their office, as Fatimah raised her chin, "Lois, what's up?"

"It's about Kayode ooh" She said, "Mr Babatunde said himself, yourself, Tolani and I would be going up to pay a condolence visit to Kayode's family today"

"Wow, Owk..."

"He said we would be going by 12 sha, so you should prepare against that"

Taking a break from the already busy morning schedule of attending to customers, Chinyere asked an intern to go take her place while she go take a break in the room designed for bank staffs to take breaks. While she strolled up the door, she soon had her phone buzzing as she flipped it, checking put for the caller ID, she saw it was Segun. Her knees weakened as she felt breatheless, she slid up the receive call option, as she touched her hand to her chest, she said, "Hello"

She felt butterflies in her stomach from the long chats they had last might where they gisted on stuffs ranging from the Nigerian film industry to African Novels, and almost screamed when she discovered him to be a fan of her favourite movie series: "Mr and Mrs Kola"

"Hullo" He replied in the most friendly manner. "Good morning"

"Good morningggg"

"Humm, you sound really excited. Tell me more please, I want to share in your joy ooh"

"Aha, aha, it's just my normal vibes now" She said as she chuckled, settling to a chair as she folded her hand in her lap.

"Ehen, ehen, is that so?"

"Yesso!" She blurted out.

"Owk ooh" He grinned, "I was just saying an heart warming hello to my amazing friend"

"Ehen, ehen"

"Yesso, and thank you for your time last night texting. It was an amazing time"

"Woh, Segun, stop all these whining nau, abeggi" She laughed.

"Aha aha, whining ke? I said you should be learning to discern between flatters and compliments"

"Ehen, ehen, so would you teach me?"

They made a little more chit chats after which Segun ended the call leaving her with heat curling down her spine as she strolled out of the "break-room" to resume work.

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by centmanuel(m): 7:47pm On Sep 12, 2020
Thanks for the update I appreciate you OP
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by Adeola25(f): 9:29pm On Sep 12, 2020
There is love in the air. Thanks for the update OP

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 4:06pm On Sep 24, 2020
centmanuel:
Thanks for the update I appreciate you OP
you are most welcome Chief!

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 4:07pm On Sep 24, 2020
Adeola25:
There is love in the air. Thanks for the update OP
I know righttt! Lovey dovey thingyy. you are most welcome.
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 4:12pm On Sep 24, 2020
Hey guysss! I'm really, really sorry for delaying updating TOLANI this long. It was due to circumstances beyond my control, and to make up, I've decided to update twice this week before getting on to regular. Love you!❤❤
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 4:16pm On Sep 24, 2020

Mr Babatunde pulling the jeep over, dialed Kayode's number to inform him of their already arrival in his estate and asking him for descriptions to his house.

"Owk, I would be there soon" Mr Babatunde said & turned the key in ignition as Kayode had asked them to wait for him just in front of a pure water company which was situated opposite his house.

Pulling over in front of the pure water factory, Mr Babatunde dialed Kayode's phone again, to him telling them that he would be with them shortly.

In few minutes, Kayode appeared in a black t-shirt and jean, strolling towards them as he tried faking a smile as the cold dry breeze blew across his face.

"Hello" He said in false cheerfulness as he got to where their car was packed, "Thank you all very much, my house is just opposite"

"It's my pleasure Kayode, we're indeed sorry for your loss, we'd talk some more when we enter sha" He said as he turned the key in full ignition again as the engine gave a shudder, a pause and a zoom with Tolani and Lois cackling in animated voices.

Honking as they got in front of the gate the gateman hopped out to see who was there, on seeing Kayode walking towards them at a distance hopped back to open the gate.

As they got out of the car, Kayode's mum strolled out with a faked smile plastered on her face as she blurted out in false cheerfulness, "Aha, thank you ooh"
After exchanging pleasantries with them, she led the way into the house.

On entering their well furnished apartment, Tolani narrowed her eyes as she took in the sight of Kemi strolling out of her bedroom into the sitting room in a jean and top, her eye lids drooped and her eyes glistened with tears. Wait. She looks pretty familiar ooh. Blurting out she screamed, "Kemi? Is that you?", as she soon recognized her to be her cousin's best friend who always stopped over to say hello whenever she came visiting her Uncle in Lagos some years back.

Giving her a frosty look which soon transformed into awe as recognition dawned on her face, she yelped, hugging her tightly "Aunty Tolani!" while others watched them in amazement.

Her eyes blazing with excitement, as joy welled up in her heart, Kemi crooned, "Longest time ooh"

"Ah, yess oo" Tolani said in a voice soft with affection as she wound her hand round her shoulder, she thought of the best words to say to her. Just then Kayode said out in mock astonishment, "So you people know yourselves? osheyy!"

"Yesso, she is Bimpe's cousin!" Kemi said as her eyes twinkled, while her mum watched them wondering where the sudden joy emitted from.

"Wow, Bimpe? Adeyemo? that's pretty interesting!" Kayode said as his eyes widened with the corners of his lips turned up.

"Yesss, ooh, she is really amazinggg! We used to be really close back then" Kemi explained as her lips went back and forth; The sorrow slowly fading away.

"Ehen, ehen" Kayode grinned as he soon left them to join Mr Babatunde, Lois and Fatimah sitting besides his mum on the long cushion chair, while they made little talks.

"So where have you been? You now stay in Lagos?" Kemi glowed inside as she rushed out questions at Tolani.

"Ooh yesso, relocated few months back now"

"Wow, where do you stay? I should come to say hello sometime soon"

They made a little more chit chat until it was time for them to leave.

"Aha, thank you very much for coming sir" Kayode said with profound appreciation as they rose up to leave, while Kemi loosely held Tolani's hand as she giggled, with Tolani promising to call her constantly from now.

After few minutes of exchanging pleasantries, as they soon strolled down to where the car was parked, Mr Babatunde turned the keys in the car's lock as he opened the car's door, and beckoning on others to hop in.
With excitement mixed with a gush of sadness, Kemi waved at Tolani as she entered the vehicle.

"Zooom, voom" Turning the key in full ignition, as he greeted them waving with the other hand, Mr Babatunde swerved as they back-turned out of their compound with the Randys waving as they went out of sight.

2 Likes

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by Adeola25(f): 4:39pm On Sep 24, 2020
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 5:42pm On Sep 25, 2020
Adeola25:
Thanks for the update
you are very much welcome!, and thank you for journeying with me this long too. *Hugs*
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by Glory4567(f): 5:46pm On Sep 26, 2020
Hmmm Tolani abeg tell your friend wetin happen ooo

Am also Tolani and Kayode

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 1:18am On Sep 29, 2020
Glory4567:
Hmmm Tolani abeg tell your friend wetin happen ooo

Am also Tolani and Kayode
Asinnn
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 1:20am On Sep 29, 2020

Sticking her nose out of the car as the cold fierce morning breeze flew across her face as they zoomed down the streets of Lagos, they made their way back to the office as Tolani soon got caught up in her reverie, happiness sparkling inside her with memories of herself, Bimbo and Kemi making girlish animated gists in their early adolescent years roamed her mind.
Just then Fatimah tapped her, as she got snapped out of her reverie, and blurting out, she said, "Tolani, you are such an amazing conversationalist O"

"Ehen, ehen" She said giggling.

"I'm serious ooh, see how you just conversed so well with Kayode's sister" She said, "How you managed to use your words carefully while consoling her was way beyond me"

"Abeggi joor" Tolani yulped out

"I'm seri- - -" Fatimah trailed off as Mr Babatunde soon pulled over in front Body, Soul and Spirit, and Tolani opened the door as they came out.

Strutting away into their office giggling as Lois walked down to hers feeling somewhat lonely, Tolani turned the key in the lock of the door to their office as they entered.
Just then Tolani's phone rang as she tucked her hand into her bag as she grabbed her phone and checking for the caller ID she realised it to be Chinyere. Grinning as a corner of her mouth quirked up, she wondered what could be up, and swiping up receive call option, she held the phone to her ears, she said "Hellooo"

"Hello Tolani" Chinyere replied.

"How are you ooh?"

"I am fine ooh"

"So, warapen today ooh? Shey gist dey?"

"Go away joor, I'm around your office sha, I came for some official business in Ikeja and said I should say hello" Chinyere said.

"Ehen, ehen" Tolani said with a tone of excitement in her voice, "I would be expecting you ooh"

"Owk ooh, see you in a giffy" Chinyere said back in a cheerful manner over the phone as a knock went on the door of her office.

"Come in" Fatimah said as her gaze remained fixed on her lappy as she worked on the cover for the next month's issue of the online magazine.

The door creaking open, Lois strutted in as she sunk into the chair opposite Fatimah.

"What's up Lois?" Fatimah said as she closed her laptop and letting out a huge breath, as she crossed her ankle in front of her.

"Nothing really joor, I just came to chill around ooh"

"Woh, I have plenty work to do ooh"

"You better calm down" Lois said chuckling.

"Kpom Kpom Kpom" Chinyere knocked on the door that led to Tolani's office as she held a hand to her chest.

"Come in" Tolani said from inside as she worked on completing her editing of the Draft of the next episode of her "Who I Used To Be" blog series, while Fatimah and Lois chattered and made gists on the Nigerian entertainment news. The door creaking open as Chinyere strolled in, "Tolani" she yulped out in a friendly manner as she entered. Turning her neck to say hello to others in the room, she greeted Fatimah, and narrowed her eyes on noticing Lois as her face seemed familiar.

"Wait ooh! Isn't this the babe I caught Femi with the other time?" She wondered within herself as her forehead puckered and her brows snapped together. Waving her casually, as scrutinized her, she settled on the chair opposite Tolani.
"Tolani ooh" She said as she crossed her ankles in front of her.

"Yesso" Tolani replied

While they made their talks and gists, Chinyere continually stole glances as her expression hardened at Lois whose gaze was fixed on her phone.

Now too long as anger soon thundered through her after she confirmed her to be one, she rose up simmering with anger, she strolled up where she was sitting, "How the frigging heck could a girl could be so damning? Cheating with another's fiancé? Gosh!"

Tolani wondering what was up, with her face twisted and confused, mumbled, "Chinyere what's it?"

Rage poisoning her veins, with her hands resting on her hips, as she quivered with indignation, she snarled, "Do you recognize me? You filthy slut?!"

Barely unable to breathe as her blood went cold, she recognized her, stuttering, "Erm - erm- "

"You are stupid! Femi didn't tell you he was engaged? Are you mad?"

"Tolani see this babe ooh! This was the slut I caught with Femi!" She snapped.

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by crossfm: 9:41am On Sep 29, 2020
Chinyere my personal person don't fall my hand.

She should have made her presence felt by making sure that Louis know she was Fami's ex.

Calling Louis names was uncalled for.Girls should understand that men should take responsibility for their action when they cheat on women.

Its a difficult situation but she should move on.She will get a better man.

2 Likes

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 29, 2020
hizeeksheun:
Hello...Who is following ooh? *Winks*

You are a good writer. I like your style
Keep it up

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by Adeola25(f): 6:50pm On Sep 29, 2020
Chinyere should let bygones be bygones. Thanks for the update OP

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 10:57am On Oct 01, 2020
crossfm:
Chinyere my personal person don't fall my hand.

She should have made her presence felt by making sure that Louis know she was Fami's ex.

Calling Louis names was uncalled for.Girls should understand that men should take responsibility for their action when they cheat on women.

Its a difficult situation but she should move on.She will get a better man.

hummm, this is profound! thank you for reading and leaving your contribution. Love you! *Hugs*
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 10:59am On Oct 01, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

You are a good writer. I like your style
Keep it up
oh my God! thank you veryyy much!, this just made my day. I really do appreciate this and don't take it for granted. *Hugs*

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 11:01am On Oct 01, 2020
Adeola25:
Chinyere should let bygones be bygones. Thanks for the update OP
assin ehen!
You are most welcome and thank you for leaving your comment too. *Hugs*
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 8:22am On Oct 12, 2020
Unsure of what to say as worry snaked through her Tolani said, "Chi, please calm"

"Calm what?" She replied roughly.

"Oowk, just free her, let it just go"

Fidling with her fingernails with head downcasted, Lois mumbled, "It's owk, I'm sorry"

"You are what? You frigging slept with my husband-to-be and now claiming sorry? You must be out of your mind girl!" She kept on shouting.

Realising Chinyere wouldn't take it calmly, Lois rose up and feigning annoyance as her eyes brows shut up, "You are mad too! How can you come by my office to accuse me. Yess, it happened. Mistakes happen, and yess, I am sorry! If you're not fine, then go to frigging hell!!!!"

She twirled her hair as she lurched out towards the door, opened it gruffly, shut it behind her, and letting out a huge breath as she strolled away tucking a lock of hair behind her ear.

"Chi Chi, don't you think you should have just let that babe be?"

"Tolani see it isn't Chinyere fault, anyone would have done that, that's Lois for you, I was always sensing it that she was sleeping around" Fatimah said, "I even overheard some folks saying that she is trying to force herself into Kayode"

"Your Kayode?" Chinyere chuckled referring to Tolani as she tapped her in a friendly manner.

"Abeggi joor" Tolani grinned, "But Fatimah really? Please tell me more"

"I don't know anything ooh, I just overheard"

"Owk ooh" Tolani replied, "Chi Chi, see your gown now, roughened already, let me help you straighten it"

They made some more little talks, after which Tolani saw her off to the park where she would take a bus back to her office.

As she was about to leave after Chinyere climbed into the bus, she said in a casual tone, "Don't forget that I am coming today ooh"

"Aha aha, sure, forget ke?"

Rush completing a proposal for some book promotion in a certain big Nigerian book club, Tolani paused, took a deep breath as she clenched her fist. Wheww! She was really exhausted. Raising her chin, she realised the time on the wall clock was already 5 minutes to 4pm. Wow! She has been on this for an hour plus ooh.

Shrugging her shoulder and deciding to just complete it at home. She tucked a lock of hair under her hair, closed her laptop, and pushed it into her lappy's bag, and zipped it up in a snap. Turning her neck to tell Fatimah that she was going home, she said in a perpetually tired voice, "I'm going home ooh"

Fatimah's gaze fixed on her laptop as she worked on the cover for the next month's edition of the online magazine, she said in a gloomy sigh, "Owk ooh, bye"

Trudging out of the office as she open the door and closed it gentlely behind her she strolled out of Body, Soul and Spirit as she made her way down to the bus and then remembers that she would be needing to go see Chinyere today and wouldn't have much time to cook and rest on getting home so she just hurried off to buy some food in a nearby restaurant.

"AGEGE ONE. AGEGE. ONE!" The conductor, a man in his mid 40s with scanty goatee and his face grumpled from brawls on the streets bellowed as he called for the one last passenger into the bus before it takes off.
Fear suddenly clawing through her as she set her face on him, memories of her assault-night snapped through her mind, as her chest rose and fell with rapid breaths.

Wheww! Taking a deep breath, as she held a hand to her chest, she tried to calm herself and decided to just wait for the next bus.

Touching her hand to her heart, she took three steps backwards as she watched the last passenger hop into the bus with the next bus waiting on the line yanking the door of his bus open, and screaming on top of his lungs, "AGEGE AGEGE!!"

Letting out a huge breath, she ambled into the bus, crossing her ankles in front of her as she settled to sit.

In no time, after calling out for more passengers the bus was soon full and ready to take off. Kick starting the bus, as he turned the key in ignition, the bus gave a shudder, a pause and a zoom of an old engine thrown open. "E bere sin san owo yin ooh" The driver seemingly in his late 50s with white hairs announced, requesting them to begin paying their fares.

"Owaaa ooh" Tolani yelled out on getting to her destination, as the driver swerved on bringing the car to a halt.

Hopping out of the bus, she crossed the road in a regular lagosian daredevilry and afterwards hailed down an Okada rider, "OKADA!!"

"Where you dey go Madam?" The Okada rider asked as he gripped the handle of his scooter gruffly.

"Do you know Mama Shukura's place in the Estate? Just behind her house" Tolani disclosed.

"Yes, Its #150 ooh"

"On top wetin" Tolani said as her forehead furrowed.

"Petrol don cost now"

"Owk, #70 abeg"

"You these people sha, no wahala" He said with Tolani climbing up his bike, as he kicked started it, and zoom, they were on their way to her house with the warm breeze of the afternoon sweeping over her face as she tried to snap out the assault memories off her head.

"Here ko?" The Okada rider said in an Hausa intonation, jolting her out of her reverie as he brought his scooter to a halt in front of her house. "Ooh yess, thank you" She replied him in a tired voice then she climbed down his bike, paid him, and strolled down her house.

Wheww! She smacked her head as she removed the plate of food out of her bag, and flung her bag across the sofa as she sunk into the chair; tore off the cover of the plate as she gobbled up a spoon of fried rice. Just then, she felt her phone buzz in her blazer's pocket. Shoving her hand in her pocket, she grabbed her phone, checking it through she realised it to be a mail.

Toggling through into her email, she realise it to be a mail from Jimi Solade. Wow! Jimi. It's being a really long while he sent a mail. Toying with a lock of hair, she clicked through and read:

Hello,

I must say the few weeks I have spent under your tutelage has been an enriching and enlightening phase in my life. Thank you so much ma! So, I finally got to create a lifestyle blog (after a long while of deliberating on if I should do) in which I would be leaving my rantings on random issues.
You made this happen Tolani through your push and writs. Thank you so, so much. I sincerely don't take this for granted.

Yours,
Jimi Solade.

2 Likes

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by Adeola25(f): 5:42pm On Oct 12, 2020
Thanks for the update Op

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by Glory4567(f): 11:16pm On Oct 12, 2020
Thanks for the update

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

English Speaking Versus Writing, Which Is More Difficult? / Google: Why We Honoured Chinua Achebe / Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.