Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! - Crime (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! (59707 Views)

Guys, Share Your Experience Of Sexual Abuse / Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by GabbieGold(m): 8:45pm On Apr 23, 2020
I was scammed by a guy, which up till now I don't know anything about him, he said, his into Google Admob, creating app for people to earn and he showed me packages of the app then I choose app of 10k, he should help me create the app, he said that I will earn very well and be collecting money every 21st of every month but I was scammed because I dnt receive any money and the so called app did not pay me. But my 10k was gone. cry

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Omijin: 8:47pm On Apr 23, 2020
Zakarisammy:
Have been scammed so many times even in nairaland here, because of fixed match. But on a serious note, are there fixed match?
there is but very difficult to get. Its not easy the people go about promising ppl fixed game

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by leonard002(m): 8:48pm On Apr 23, 2020
grandpoh:
I ordered for an iPad here on nairaland back in 2014,the guy in question blocked my number after I made payment..

I was 15 that year and naive,my pop sent me to deposit some cash for him at the bank immediately I left the banks gate a guy walked up to me and said he was going to a particular place I gave him direction only for him to tell me he's new in town and pleaded I take him there which I obliged..

That was how it all started and juju worked on me long story shot I realized I sha went home and stole my pops cash to the tune of 630k after my eye don clear....Till today I still don't know how it all played out..

That experience still remains a misery to me and i get depressed each time I remember cos my step mom was actually accused of stealing which truncated her relationship with my pop,till he died he never trusted the woman a bit even with 1 kobo...

It's not juju. It's a drug called scopolamine.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 23, 2020
Yes and the sad thing is I fell for it because the partner I was working with Previously was doing strong head and he was the only sure link I had That I knew had no hiccups in the process so I had to work with another person. The guy at first used the whole I am a Christian I can never scam you line His dp said divine with pictures of Mary and to me that’s as good as saying hey your getting scammed.

The guy assured me that he would help even in a shorter timeframe another red flag client was happy then he was given a down payment. As soon as he was paid the story started then he stopped answering Story after story every day a new picture of Mary

The client cursed me threatened me I left him to God and begged client that we both lost out etc Till today I pray I see him sha just to say nawa o upon all the Mary

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Sermwell(m): 8:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
Righteousness89:

Let me put it this way,

I am Privileged to be born into a home of Born-again Parents!
I have always Feared , Even when I was a Bad boy..
I was into Bad things big time... but the thing you would never know as I have this Innocent baby looks that make people feel I am innocent..

I committed all sorts of Evils.. Smoked all kind of things, Fornication, Immoralities and all that..

Growing up My Mom said to me that if I wanted To be Happy in life, I have to follow GOD. In her Words " I know how I got pregnant for you, you are different from your siblings "

Truly, I didn't have True Happiness until I made my Decision to Follow JESUS..

Consciously Following JESUS, l saw the Definition of "Stressless living"

I cast all my Issues to Him while HE gives me Peace..

That's my Testimony
My only question to you is that if you were born in Saudi Arabia by Muslim parents will you be here screaming Jesus up and down??

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Rollsnjaguar(m): 8:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
It depend if the scammer is using the same account with you
Actually in my own case I have a friend that work in the same bank which the scammer use to me that is the reason

which of the following bank is your friend working
I have
Fidelity
GTbank
Standard Chartered Bank

The above are the banks of the various scammers
But I use Access and GTbank
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by sureteeboy(m): 8:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
MISSunderstand:
I went to onitsha market (Emeka Nwafor) to fix my laptop's screen, the guy I met said he wasn't having the screen at that moment and asked if I could wait.
I was on my way to enugu and there was no way I could wait, so we agreed he should buy the laptop. We agreed on 30k, a laptop I bought for 104k that only had inks on the screen and all i intended was to buy a new screen for it.
Like the 30K bad price wasn't enough, I agreed only for him to tell me he was going to scan some internal faults of the system and he said he was going to charge 10 naira or so per unit (I can't remember the exact things he said because it's been like 2 years it happened). I didn't see the 10 naira as issue, after he was done scanning my PC, he told me the total charge for the scanning was 19k. I don't know how he did it, but he showed me everything on his screen. I couldn't argue with him because there were plenty scary looking guys around and that was my first time there. This guy sha paid me 11k for my brand new HP15 that only had little black inks on its screen.
My first time in the east taught me a great lesson.
(No tribal pun intended)
Ah. I've had encounter with those scammers at that same main market in onitsha. My laptop fell into water and it stopped functioning then I took it to that market o. After scanning for a computer repairer's shop, I eventually saw a guy who claimed to be one. He quickly took me to his office and collected the laptop, but I was smart enough to notice that so many things are off. If he's truly a computer engineer, the laptops I saw in that office never looked like laptops brought for repair And the guy even had issues opening the back cover of the laptop.

Then he later came up with the bulllshit story that he's going to scan the laptop with a device that will detect all the faults in it, and that it costs a certain amount per kilobyte.
That was the red flag, because, from my little knowledge about computer there's no way such useless software is going to do anything meaningful.
I just collected my laptop from him and went out. I met two other guys again and they came up with the same story. I just had to return home that day. Then I went online, searched for a reputable engineer in onitsha and I called him personally and I later arranged a meeting with that one...

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by kamez(m): 8:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
oyejideogunjumo:
Scammers play on peoples inteligence and gulibility. Imagine 8 pairs of shoes for 30k not even up to 4k per pair. If there is profit so much on shoe selling or any other business for that matter every One will be riding jeep. If you are content it wont be easy to be scammed. Contentment does not mean you should not struggle to make it but it will teach you not to rush

bro its 100 percent possible, my elder sis orders shoes, slippers, and hand bags online from china at a far more cheaper rate...she has been into the business for over 4yrs ...the dude just failed to do thorough research before investing.....he did biz with a scammer..

for ur info some of the so called designer shoes u buy in boutiques are bought for less than 6k in dubai and china..and sold from 15k and above

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by unikprince(m): 8:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
bluefilm:

Wait o... So you been don reason to arrest your sister at all?

Na wa for you o, guy. shocked
No ooooo, it never crossed my mind.
She self was weeping more than me, she wan cry her eyes off. I took it in good fate. At a time I begin thank God because na #1m I promise her to invest when they pay me the first profit.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Afobajelarry: 8:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
Na Jazz they use for you no be scam person need to be careful in everything

Bro nah the same I dey think ó.. Imagine nah me still dey tell the guy say make e no dey shake... because they really acted that movie wella for me.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by siina(m): 8:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
cruzydal:

Which people? When touts are everywhere . It’s a very common scam in onitsha when u come to sell ur phone or swap . They will tell u they want to test run ur phone any fault 5 naira ,you self will be comfortable like ur phone dosnt have any faults, when they are done you might not even leave with ur phone and u will drop
Money
but they will still be there the following day or they would have abandoned the place
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by PervertProphet: 8:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
Sermwell:

My only question to you is that if you were born in Saudi Arabia by Muslim parents will you be here screaming Jesus up and down??

My only question to you too is what of those born in Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, etcetera who were born to Muslim Parents and on their own came to Jesus Christ. Individuals who were highly trained in the finest of Islamic education. They turned to Jesus Christ with death threats on their heads.
Several of them like Samer Mohammed, Mohammad Yamout, etcetera who have still gone to these places with death on them at any particular time but still with love reaching out to other Muslims the gospel of Jesus Christ.

How about that?
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by sureteeboy(m): 9:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
bemagnify:
If you have been scammed online and you have the accounts details of the scammer Let me know you can get back your money
I've been scammed online before, but it's been many months now. can I still get the money back?
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Austine567(m): 9:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
believesama:
Investment that never worked out for us, the recent one in Delta State OCHUKOFX LTD till tomorrow we no hear from the owner again, person wey i sabi both him family na so he drop voice note for our telegram group saying he's going suicidal.

Omor we just lock up the matter.
you know the guy too?
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Mrbaz1: 9:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
Actually the bank he was using then my friend work there so I report the issue to my friend he told me I should be calm that there wil be a restriction in his bank account
I just send a message to the scammer
After 5 days the guy start begging me
wow that's nice..when I had same issue like that,I wasn't having anybody in such position that was ready to help me then. Only for yeye police to be telling me to pay some useless token..It was then I realised I had better move on.But I still have the details and everything about the issue at hand.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by rash47(m): 9:09pm On Apr 23, 2020
RAGGA40:
I got scammed by a yoruba guy by name yakubu who was into binomo investment business, he said he will double the money within 24hrs, i believe him and transfered money to him for one week i didn't see any returned investment that's when i knew i have being scammed.
i couldn't believe that a yoruba bastard scammed me ( a pure igbo man). Well i ave learnt my lessions.

grin grin grin... An average eko afonja will scam you any day anytime

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Ingriid(f): 9:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
I just got scammed in January. What a sad day in my life cos my whole savings went into it.I gave police the guy’s number and even his pix but nothing has been. I would ve gone into details but it’s a long story. My advise: if u live in Lagos, pls be careful of private cars running as commercial buses especially Sienna . Let’s be guided pls.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by tunize(m): 9:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
MISSunderstand:

I swear before man and God my own experience was at Emeka nfor too. I just forgot the name when I was typing.
Glad I have someone who's had similar experience. grin

I wish I was as smart as you tho.
Those guys know waitn dem dey do that is the reason they don't explain it properly to ppl. As for been smart it was actually not u fault and probably u were scared because u're a female.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by photon3106: 9:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
jamael:
Funny scam when I was still a child.

Mine happened a long time ago. However, I still remember it crystal clear cuz it taught me some deep lessons.

I schooled in a religious school, back then in Sokoto, Mamman Barkeji Nursery and Primary School. In my Primary 3, I got first position for the first time and became the class prefect. Normally, girls started coming closer to me. I also reciprocated their kind gesture. There was this beautiful girl who came second that term. She was taller then most of us, had a pointed nose, and a very wonderful smile. I think her name was like Henuwell.

Naturally, I liked her. After school one day, a friend of mine, Musa, came to me and told me that she liked me and that she wanted to be my friend and would need some money. Mind you, I was about 7 years old then oh. Happily, I have him the little I has on me, about 10 kobo.

The next day, during the morning assembly, he told me that she was very grateful and that she loved me for that. My head began to swell. He asked whether I had some more money for her that it would make her love me the more. Unfortunately, I didn't have any with me, but I promised him that I would get it for him the next day. My people, that was how I started stealing the small change from our children's purse that was kept in my parent's room. I stole the N 25 that was there and gave it to the boy. Everyday, I got one new love story or another from the girl about how she was thinking of me, how she loved me better than any other boy, etc through Musa. grin

On one Monday morning, nemesis decided to pursue and catch up with me. I went into the Children's purse and lo and behold, only N 500 note was left there. Without thinking twice, I took the money and kept it in my bag. When it was time for us to go, my dad told us to enter his vehicle so that he could pick up our neighbours and drop us all at school. I really don't know what happened, but when he came out of the room, he came out with an empty bag of Children's money and began to ask for the thief. All of us initially denied it. Then my mom joined him and began to beg us to open up. By that time, I was already shaking. That was how I confessed and got serious beatings from both my parents. I cried and cried and cried. It was really painful. After some time, my parents stopped and bundled me inside the car.

As soon as we got to school, they told the Headmaster and I went for the morning assembly. The first thing that Musa asked when he saw me was whether I came with the money. At that point, the pain I was feeling was more than my love for Henuwell and I told him to leave me alone. As soon as the assembly was dismissed, my class teacher called me to kneel down under the tree for stealing from my parents. I then told him that it was because of Musa and Henuwell.

When both of them came, Musa couldn't look at me. As the man was about to punish both of them, the girl shouted that she didn't know anything about it. That was when Musa confessed that he didn't even talk to the girl and that he was using the money I gave him for himself. You need extra beatings I received that morning. Musa was called a criminal, was terribly beaten and got seriously punished throughout the whole day. They even asked reported him to his parents.

To crown it all, about a week later, I learnt that Henuwell actually really loved me and wanted to be my good friend. embarassed

The next term, I left that school.

That was how I was scammed.
This stuff happened about 16 years ago, but funny enough, as I was typing this, I could still visualise Henuwell's face. wink

Edit: For those asking about the 10 kobo I gave Musa, like I said initially, I don't exactly remember the actual value, but I know it was the change I had on me which was a coin. grin

Also, N 500 note was in existence as at 2003/2004 cool

Interesting! grin It must have been multiples of 50kobo or 1naira coins as those were the surviving/dominant coins between 1999 to the debut of the 500 naira note.

Musa is a born scammer grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by bluefilm: 9:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
unikprince:

No ooooo, it never crossed my mind.
She self was weeping more than me, she wan cry her eyes off. I took it in good fate. At a time I begin thank God because na #1m I promise her to invest when they pay me the first profit.

I for say.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Zakarisammy(m): 9:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
Omijin:
there is but very difficult to get. Its not easy the people go about promising ppl fixed game

Thanks man
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Ingriid(f): 9:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
Mrbaz1:
wow that's nice..when I had same issue like that,I wasn't having anybody in such position that was ready to help me then. Only for yeye police to be telling me to pay some useless token..It was then I realised I had better move on.But I still have the details and everything about the issue at hand.
If I had known, I wouldn’t have bothered to report mine to d police cos d money I paid to them till date nothing has been done. U made d right decision by moving on though it is very hard.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 23, 2020
GuestLog:
cry same here bro!

Before this incident, I never thought anyone could scam me.
take heart!! this one had a website sef, he collected the first payment of 50$, i was about joining until a guy messaged me{na God go bless am} and told me it was scam, and he hasnt gotten any pay after d initial one he recieved, i told him it was a lie, that my friend just recieved his, but he told me that i should be wise and not allow those indians decieve me that am a nigerian(he gave me a whole lot of evidence against them....thats why till tomorrow i dnt do business on telegram no mata the juicy offer(i do tell them point blank), regretted nt telling my friend about it....thank God 4 my younger bro sha na sharp guy

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 23, 2020
GabbieGold:
I was scammed by a guy, which up till now I don't know anything about him, he said, his into Google Admob, creating app for people to earn and he showed me packages of the app then I choose app of 10k, he should help me create the app, he said that I will earn very well and be collecting money every 21st of every month but I was scammed because I dnt receive any money and the so called app did not pay me. But my 10k was gone. cry
ye!!! so that tin na scam? almst joined this stuff last year
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 23, 2020
GabbieGold:
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by TemmyDayo50(m): 9:21pm On Apr 23, 2020
Righteousness89:
Years ago, I was scammed by one fake guy that claimed to sell data here on Nairaland.....

Sent him money and the guy Blocked me...

It was funny tho!

Another one I Experienced was a kind a Karma..

While in my University days, I had a friend who loved one lady. Back then I was known as Chics Man and It was through me he could meet the girl. I ate my friends in the Name of the lady.

My friend later got to known and other guys laughed at him..

After university, A lady did Exactly the same thing to me..

I wanted to flare up but I remembered wat I did to my Friend back in school..

I knew karma had hit me.. I kuku carry my cross and Moved on..

Today Having JESUS CHRIST has Totally Turned my life Around..

I Look back at those days and I say Thank you LORD for the What I am Today..

Thank you Lord for the what he is today! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by jamael(m): 9:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
Shattuck:
I kinda like your story nice one I had a primary school crush too,her name was justina have searched for her on Facebook couldn't find her.
Thanks bro. Don't worry, you'll still find her. cool
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by sureteeboy(m): 9:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
CodeTemplar:
They just used a program to scam you. there is no way a working computer can have 1,900 faults.
Actually, they always calculate that thing based on kilobytes or so. They may tell you it's #1 per kilobyte. So, after scanning, they may claim the thing used 20MB, So, you're paying 20k. I've met them twice in onitsha, but I was smart enough to see through that foolery

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by kels4fun(m): 9:25pm On Apr 23, 2020
[quote author=centboy123456 post=88774179][/quote]

So 178k too small?? You're joking right
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by jchima14: 9:43pm On Apr 23, 2020
bemagnify:
If you have been scammed online and you have the accounts details of the scammer Let me know you can get back your money

Can you also get the money bank if it is a foreign bank
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by sureteeboy(m): 9:43pm On Apr 23, 2020
tunize:

On this one you spoke the truth because similar thing happened to me in onitsha 2016 at Emeka nfor complex wen i went to fix my htc screen.

What i did shall was that i carried a colleague of mine that is Ibo so he could interpret whatever they're saying make those guys nor lost me. Wen we got to ontisha they guy said for him to check my phone he was to check the phone with computer that that the cost is #10, but what he never told me was that a kilobyte is #10 so i said he should do it for the #10.

After he had finished checking the stuff, the next thing i head was ur money is 6k my head spin..!! I was like for waitn he said for the checking of the phone. Bini boy wen nor dey dull wen i be, i asked the guy that he didn't tell me that the #10 is multiplied by the total byte used because if he had told me am not a daft i wouldn't have agreed. Na so my guy they cut chain me and my guy start our own.

After all the shout and argument the guy said 6k is 6k i told him i will only give him him 1k with my mind self if e make me vex he won't get a dime. So his friends that gather now said i should drop the 1k and go sey the screen nor dey
THAT DAY I START FEAR THOSE GUYS ESPECIALLY WEN U NOR SHARP.
grin grin grin I've met those guys about 3 times in onitsha. Since then, whenever I'm looking for a phone engineer or computer engineer in Onitsha, I always search online first for reputable businesses

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply)

Slay Queen Forced To Clean Up The Trash She Threw On The Road (Photos) / Cultists Kill Student Of Oko Polytechnic Inside Bush, By Shooting (Graphic Pics) / Head Teacher raped And Put Stick Inside The Private Parts Of 4 Female Pupil.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.