Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,698 members, 7,802,060 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! - Crime (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! (59665 Views)

Guys, Share Your Experience Of Sexual Abuse / Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by yourstruly5(m): 6:04pm On Apr 24, 2020
IamgratefulLord:

Lol cheesy
Do you know I just forgave this guy recently after how many years, even after getting married to my own husband. angry
Forgiveness heals!! smiley
But guilt will always prick his heart.

pls mention me in the thread that will tell the story in details. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by centboy123456(m): 6:19pm On Apr 24, 2020
Taich:

bro that much how did it happen
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Ingriid(f): 6:50pm On Apr 24, 2020
Heineken:
those police ehn. Dem go don call the guy collect share and won't get back to you..
I never pray to have anything to do with Nigerian police again. I’m frustrated already. I’m sure they Ve seen d guy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 24, 2020
kels4fun:
Well I sent my guy 178k to buy a laptop for me. The money enter voicemail.
I am patiently waiting for his mum's burial. Na sars I go use carry am plus any idiot wey misbehave.

Guy pick am o, don't listen to anybody the begs u.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Heineken(m): 7:06pm On Apr 24, 2020
Ingriid:
I never pray to have anything to do with Nigerian police again. I’m frustrated already. I’m sure they Ve seen d guy
definitely they must have called him and collected the money. Pls don't expect their call. Even if they call you, na to collect money from you again.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
IamgratefulLord:
Have you been scammed by your partner before? Boyfriend / Girlfriend.
Chai! My boyfriend in school (university) scammed the hell out of me. I was naive, I gave this guy all the money my parents, family and friends sent to me every month to feed.
It was like jazz. tongue
He promised marrying me. I cooked, washed and did everything I could to please his guy, he led me on.
Guess what happened after graduation? He lied to me that his mother said he shouldn't marry an urhobo girl, that he should marry a Yoruba girl .
I cried my life out for more than a year hoping things would change.
Guess what? He married another urhobo girl after two years. angry
I bless God I didn't marry him o!! That's another story for a new thread. Lol cheesy

U weren't scammed u were plain stupid (no insult intended).

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 24, 2020
grandpoh:
I ordered for an iPad here on nairaland back in 2014,the guy in question blocked my number after I made payment..

I was 15 that year and naive,my pop sent me to deposit some cash for him at the bank immediately I left the banks gate a guy walked up to me and said he was going to a particular place I gave him direction only for him to tell me he's new in town and pleaded I take him there which I obliged..

That was how it all started and juju worked on me long story shot I realized I sha went home and stole my pops cash to the tune of 630k after my eye don clear....Till today I still don't know how it all played out..

That experience still remains a misery to me and i get depressed each time I remember cos my step mom was actually accused of stealing which truncated her relationship with my pop,till he died he never trusted the woman a bit even with 1 kobo...

U are very wicked for doing that to ur step mom, u could not confess even after some time, u will experience what she went through in ur own marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Drizzy5001(m): 7:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
BlissB:
Very bad, na through them they don take enter me severally, but affliction will not rise the 2nd time sad
Amen
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Drizzy5001(m): 8:00pm On Apr 24, 2020
mabea:
Your friend's account was hacked. You should have called him to confirm
my friend refused to pick my calls, he even blocked me on Whatsapp, that is to show that he planned it with the other guy
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by MISSunderstand(f): 8:07pm On Apr 24, 2020
djfabmusik:

I mean going to enugu with it
Ohkay.. That may have been better but like I said, it was my first time in the whole of East. I only decided to stop by Onitsha because it's a popular place and i believed I could fix whatever I wanted. I knew no where in Enugu as at then.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Drizzy5001(m): 8:08pm On Apr 24, 2020
Divinesupply:

Could you please post the contact of the scammer, I want to verify something, there is a particular one going on now on fb page from a friend and they call it get rich quick. It has the same packaging, send the so I can confirm if it's the same person you can still start tracking him now!
Sir he's numbers are 08120962284. 07011904629
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 24, 2020
Rollsnjaguar:

Same thing I planned doing to @qualitygod after this lockdown, he will beg for death.

U people should be dealing with them so dey won't continue.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 24, 2020
Afobajelarry:

Bro nah the same I dey think ó.. Imagine nah me still dey tell the guy say make e no dey shake... because they really acted that movie wella for me.
That jazz only works when u listen to them, immediately they approach u shout on top their head Dem or walk away nothing will happen. They tried it on me I just walked ignored them and walked into a nearby church.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 24, 2020
Masky90:
Have been scammed before by someone who I met and pleaded for financial assistance to bail his property from the police. I went with him to the station and waited outside for him to settle his case and pay back my money but he disappeared. It was like a film trick

This one weak me ���
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Lawalemi(m): 8:50pm On Apr 24, 2020
IAmTobore:
Was your brother a kid? Why do you think he can't get a bus himself?
Toh. We learn everyday. Actually I served there ten years before him and I wanted to provide that guide
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by chikason68(m): 9:31pm On Apr 24, 2020
GabbieGold:
I was scammed by a guy, which up till now I don't know anything about him, he said, his into Google Admob, creating app for people to earn and he showed me packages of the app then I choose app of 10k, he should help me create the app, he said that I will earn very well and be collecting money every 21st of every month but I was scammed because I dnt receive any money and the so called app did not pay me. But my 10k was gone. cry
So this would ve been how I too would ve been scammed. I joined a WhatsApp group via nairaland which I think is this goodle admob. I nearly purchased their package but somehow I was just reluctant despite the many screenshots of payment uploaded.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by grandpoh(m): 9:47pm On Apr 24, 2020
iamloyalty:

U are very wicked for doing that to ur step mom, u could not confess even after some time, u will experience what she went through in ur own marriage.

Madam I am not wicked, I never could have been!
How am I going to confess what even me sef no ft explain and besides I compensated this woman in a way she least expected.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by openmine(m): 11:20pm On Apr 24, 2020
Was almost scammed if not for Google search engine 13 years ago!

An mail was sent to me that i was one of the lucky beneficiaries that won a million dollars from a conglomerate
of oil companies from Opec countries
and gave me an online form to fill and send to a particular email address for confirmation!
I was so elated and was already calculating what i would do with this huge money grin grin grin
While waiting,i just felt like using google search to investigate the email address to find out about others who have benefited from such "generosity" grin grin
Alas all i got from the search were websites showing comments from different parts of the world complaining about how they were scammed by this same email address!

In fact a particular guy from uk had gone very far with the processing of the form!
According to his narration,he submitted the form just like mine and it was acknowledged!

When it was time to transfer the money to his account,the scammers came up with an excuse that he needed to pay them a transfer fee of 600 pounds to get the cash...according to them,they could have collected the transfer fees from the original money but they just wanted to send the money in FULL to the beneficiary! grin grin

The guy said he wasn't bothered since it was 600 pounds in exchange for a million pounds sterling!
That's how this bros from uk sent these crooks the 'transfer funds' and he never heard from them again!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by PervertProphet: 12:49am On Apr 25, 2020
Sermwell:

you are very funny I swear!! How about those Christans who became Muslims?? don't we have Christians like Mohamed Alli and others who became Muslims?? I don't blame you as everyone including Buddhist, atheists etc will use every opportunity to claim their believe is best and the right one!!

So which of the Islam that Ali jumped from one to the other was the "truth"?
Sunni Islam or Sufi Islam?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by CowbellY: 3:02am On Apr 25, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by kapitacity(m): 5:04am On Apr 25, 2020
Righteousness89:
Years ago, I was scammed by one fake guy that claimed to sell data here on Nairaland.....

Sent him money and the guy Blocked me...

It was funny tho!

Another one I Experienced was a kind a Karma..

While in my University days, I had a friend who loved one lady. Back then I was known as Chics Man and It was through me he could meet the girl. I ate my friends in the Name of the lady.

My friend later got to known and other guys laughed at him..

After university, A lady did Exactly the same thing to me..

I wanted to flare up but I remembered wat I did to my Friend back in school..

I knew karma had hit me.. I kuku carry my cross and Moved on..

Today Having JESUS CHRIST has Totally Turned my life Around..

I Look back at those days and I say Thank you LORD for the What I am Today..

That was a touching testimony.
Wow!
May God grant us the grace to run this race to the end.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by kapitacity(m): 5:09am On Apr 25, 2020
stevmatt15:
I will be the last person to be scammed

Do you have anything that makes you "scam proof"?

If yes, please, share with me.
Thanks.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by kapitacity(m): 5:10am On Apr 25, 2020
GuestLog:
Yes, on Telegram.
I participated in a hyip Bitcoin bot investment. The rubbish got to withdrawal part and I didn't see money in my account. When I contacted the Admin he told me point and plain that it's all a scam! I nearly run mad.

Na wa oooo.
Scammers are wickedly devilish!!!
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by kapitacity(m): 5:16am On Apr 25, 2020
jamael:
Funny scam when I was still a child.

Mine happened a long time ago. However, I still remember it crystal clear cuz it taught me some deep lessons.

I schooled in a religious school, back then in Sokoto, Mamman Barkeji Nursery and Primary School. In my Primary 3, I got first position for the first time and became the class prefect. Normally, girls started coming closer to me. I also reciprocated their kind gesture. There was this beautiful girl who came second that term. She was taller then most of us, had a pointed nose, and a very wonderful smile. I think her name was like Henuwell.

Naturally, I liked her. After school one day, a friend of mine, Musa, came to me and told me that she liked me and that she wanted to be my friend and would need some money. Mind you, I was about 7 years old then oh. Happily, I have him the little I has on me, about 10 kobo (not too sure about this since was around 6 or 7 then.).

The next day, during the morning assembly, he told me that she was very grateful and that she loved me for that. My head began to swell. He asked whether I had some more money for her that it would make her love me the more. Unfortunately, I didn't have any with me, but I promised him that I would get it for him the next day. My people, that was how I started stealing the small change from our children's purse that was kept in my parent's room. I stole the N 25 that was there and gave it to the boy. Everyday, I got one new love story or another from the girl about how she was thinking of me, how she loved me better than any other boy, etc through Musa. grin

On one Monday morning, nemesis decided to pursue and catch up with me. I went into the Children's purse and lo and behold, only N 500 note was left there. Without thinking twice, I took the money and kept it in my bag. When it was time for us to go, my dad told us to enter his vehicle so that he could pick up our neighbours and drop us all at school. I really don't know what happened, but when he came out of the room, he came out with an empty bag of Children's money and began to ask for the thief. All of us initially denied it. Then my mom joined him and began to beg us to open up. By that time, I was already shaking. That was how I confessed and got serious beatings from both my parents. I cried and cried and cried. It was really painful. After some time, my parents stopped and bundled me inside the car.

As soon as we got to school, they told the Headmaster and I went for the morning assembly. The first thing that Musa asked when he saw me was whether I came with the money. At that point, the pain I was feeling was more than my love for Henuwell and I told him to leave me alone. As soon as the assembly was dismissed, my class teacher called me to kneel down under the tree for stealing from my parents. I then told him that it was because of Musa and Henuwell.

When both of them came, Musa couldn't look at me. As the man was about to punish both of them, the girl shouted that she didn't know anything about it. That was when Musa confessed that he didn't even talk to the girl and that he was using the money I gave him for himself. You need extra beatings I received that morning. Musa was called a criminal, was terribly beaten and got seriously punished throughout the whole day. They even asked reported him to his parents.

To crown it all, about a week later, I learnt that Henuwell actually really loved me and wanted to be my good friend. embarassed

The next term, I left that school.

That was how I was scammed.
This stuff happened about 16 years ago, but funny enough, as I was typing this, I could still visualise Henuwell's face. wink

Edit: For those asking about the 10 kobo I gave Musa, like I said initially, I don't exactly remember the actual value, but I know it was the change I had on me which was a coin. grin

Also, N 500 note was in existence as at 2003/2004 cool

Scamming is of various colors and shapes.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by kapitacity(m): 5:18am On Apr 25, 2020
catwalq:
Hahaha!!! Boy do I have a story??

Some guy made a post seeking financial assistance,I responded but dude turned out to be a fraud. Someone somehow erroneously fingered me as an accomplice.

Shit escalated quickly and got outta control. I had to go to the bank to print out my statement and post online, some people came out to vouch for me, some couldn't stop throwing stones. It was a harrowing experience.

That won't stop me from helping anyone though, as long as I have something to spare. tongue

Yeah.
Please don't be discouraged!
God will always come to your rescue.
Weldon.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by kapitacity(m): 6:23am On Apr 25, 2020
MISSunderstand:
I went to onitsha market (Emeka Ofor) to fix my laptop's screen, the guy I met said he wasn't having the screen at that moment and asked if I could wait.
I was on my way to Enugu and there was no way I could wait, so we agreed he should buy the laptop. We agreed on 30k, a laptop I bought for 104k that only had inks on the screen and all i intended was to buy a new screen for it.
Like the 30K price wasn't bad enough, I agreed only for him to tell me he was going to scan some internal faults of the system and he said he was going to charge 10 naira or so per unit (I can't remember the exact things he said because it's been like 2 years it happened). I didn't see the 10 naira as issue, after he was done scanning my PC, he told me the total charge for the scanning was 19k. I don't know how he did it, but he showed me everything on his screen. I couldn't argue with him because there were plenty scary looking guys around and that was my first time there. This guy sha paid me 11k for my brand new HP15 that only had little black inks on its screen.
My first time in the East taught me a great lesson.
(No tribal pun intended)

Scammers are using different methods oooo.
Chai!
May God save us.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Waterbear(m): 8:03am On Apr 25, 2020
I've been robbed, scammed and all that i cant remember most events again..
But yes i did bounce back on my feet..

But anyways, for those that need a new business like, or skill to learn while waiting for this lockdown to be over, try joining the telegram group @forexspies they would teach you how to trade forex on your own without looking for someone to buy signals from.. and their lectures is FREE.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by anthonyuncle(m): 8:29am On Apr 25, 2020
picaso313:
me I was scammed 150k on jiji last year ... and I was scammed here by a guy that designs logo here on Nairaland after paying him 3k initial deposit he designed I paid him balance 4k for him to send me the raw file so I can use It on my website... the guy said no way he had deleted it that I delayed to pay his balance.... and I paid 1 guy here to teach me forex during this lock down up till now he only spoke to me twice it has been story to story.... scammers everywhere

if u stay around da mainland, chat me up & I'll teach u for free

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Lady Who Was Stripped Unclad And Tortured Over Missing Phone,Narrates Her Ordeal / Police Van Drives Past A Hit & Run Accident Victim In Lagos, Tuface Defended / Lockdown: Police Seize Bike Of Man Who Went To Buy Fufu (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.