Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,993 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! (59664 Views)

Guys, Share Your Experience Of Sexual Abuse / Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by kingkon(m): 4:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
Mine was Just yesterday under this pandemic that a lady called me with a very nice voice that my account have been selected to receive 10,500 as palliative from Government. she mentioned my name and my BVN number correctly and told me she is calling from my bank. When i asked her which of the banks cos i have several account she then changed that she's calling from CBN. she asked if i had an atm card. THAT I SHOULD CALL MY ACCOUNT NUMBER FOR HER to recieve palliative of N10,500 from federal govt and went on to ask for my card number... CHAI.. AT THIS POINT I JUST CALLED ON ODUMEJE TO FIRE HER WITH ..RIQUID METAL INDABOSKI shocked

106 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Grace001: 4:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
Poshriel:
Computer village 2013.. 15k

Only location date and amount, what about the experience ?
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by igbowoman: 4:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
Mine is with pastors with lies about God said this and God said that.It wasn't much but
Never again

11 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Vector606: 4:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
This thread is really funny, well see my signature below and if you want to get in let me know
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by suptol(m): 4:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
I had an experience with a stranger at the motor park who asked for help. It was my first trip to the state I was posted for NYSC. I tried to help the man who says he was going to refund the money when he gets to his base. Only for him to disconnect me from reaching him after many attempts.

Meanwhile, wash your hands, stay safe.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Spicedessay(m): 4:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
Mine is a long story.
https://spicedessay.com/2020/04/21/cloth-facemask-should-you-use-one-how-to-stay-safe/

As I writer, I met 2 of them on nairaland. Wrote articles and they did not pay till date. Close to 100k worth projects in all.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by adewumiopeyemi(m): 4:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
I was scam on data bundle her after two days I reported him to the bank his account was blocked he later called me apologizing

20 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Lewisalexander(m): 4:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
KAMORUSHOBO:
Only fools get scammed

See my signature now for a new info

Na mouth u dey. I used to have same mentality. I scammed many people back then. Years later I was scammed. Just pray u don't fall victim

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by seancombs617: 4:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
Melo lafe so
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Zombiekiller010: 4:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
Yes by investing in Bitcoin, that thing will just be rising and dropping ,hereby making your eyes red anytime you check rate

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by kingkon(m): 4:15pm On Apr 23, 2020
ABEG HELP ME ASK AM?
UndauntedYOCA:

How did you come to know God?
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Dybala11(m): 4:15pm On Apr 23, 2020
Fuckallmods:
Take note
I subscribe to this your opinion too bro, I just wasted 1k doing an online test that isn't real.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Ruman(m): 4:16pm On Apr 23, 2020
[quote author=Ninethmare post=88740563]when we voted for Buhari, we all were scammed. [/quote

APC scammed us for selling fake product (Buhari) to us with dangerous side effects.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by trueconscience(m): 4:16pm On Apr 23, 2020
jamael:
Funny scam when I was still a child.

Mine happened a long time ago. However, I still remember it crystal clear cuz it taught me some deep lessons.

I schooled in a religious school, back then in Sokoto, Mamman Barkeji Nursery and Primary School. In my Primary 3, I got first position for the first time and became the class prefect. Normally, girls started coming closer to me. I also reciprocated their kind gesture. There was this beautiful girl who came second that term. She was taller then most of us, had a pointed nose, and a very wonderful smile. I think her name was like Henuwell.

Naturally, I liked her. After school one day, a friend of mine, Musa, came to me and told me that she liked me and that she wanted to be my friend and would need some money. Mind you, I was about 7 years old then oh. Happily, I have him the little I has on me, about 10 kobo.

The next day, during the morning assembly, he told me that she was very grateful and that she loved me for that. My head began to swell. He asked whether I had some more money for her that it would make her love me the more. Unfortunately, I didn't have any with me, but I promised him that I would get it for him the next day. My people, that was how I started stealing the small change from our children's purse that was kept in my parent's room. I stole the N 25 that was there and gave it to the boy. Everyday, I got one new love story or another from the girl about how she was thinking of me, how she loved me better than any other boy, etc through Musa. grin

On one Monday morning, nemesis decided to pursue and catch up with me. I went into the Children's purse and lo and behold, only N 500 note was left there. Without thinking twice, I took the money and kept it in my bag. When it was time for us to go, my dad told us to enter his vehicle so that he could pick up our neighbours and drop us all at school. I really don't know what happened, but when he came out of the room, he came out with an empty bag of Children's money and began to ask for the thief. All of us initially denied it. Then my mom joined him and began to beg us to open up. By that time, I was already shaking. That was how I confessed and got serious beatings from both my parents. I cried and cried and cried. It was really painful. After some time, my parents stopped and bundled me inside the car.

As soon as we got to school, they told the Headmaster and I went for the morning assembly. The first thing that Musa asked when he saw me was whether I came with the money. At that point, the pain I was feeling was more than my love for Henuwell and I told him to leave me alone. As soon as the assembly was dismissed, my class teacher called me to kneel down under the tree for stealing from my parents. I then told him that it was because of Musa and Henuwell.

When both of them came, Musa couldn't look at me. As the man was about to punish both of them, the girl shouted that she didn't know anything about it. That was when Musa confessed that he didn't even talk to the girl and that he was using the money I gave him for himself. You need extra beatings I received that morning. Musa was called a criminal, was terribly beaten and got seriously punished throughout the whole day. They even asked reported him to his parents.

To crown it all, about a week later, I learnt that Henuwell actually really loved me and wanted to be my good friend. embarassed

The next term, I left that school.

That was how I was scammed.
This stuff happened about 16 years ago, but funny enough, as I was typing this, I could still visualise Henuwell's face. wink

I smell lies all around your post.

From 10k to 500 notes?! Which year are you talking about exactly?

29 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by sheriffden(m): 4:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
I just got scam by one fastcash investment. So painful
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by FryMosquito: 4:18pm On Apr 23, 2020
GuestLog:
Yes, on Telegram.
I participated in a hyip Bitcoin bot investment. The rubbish got to withdrawal part and I didn't see money in my account. When I contacted the Admin he told me point and plain that it's all a scam! I nearly run mad.
See, all Hyip na ponzi they use it to scam people

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Kobicove(m): 4:18pm On Apr 23, 2020
darhray:
Mine

There was a guy selling goods online, he advised me on how lucrative the business was and told me I will be ordering shoes from China and resell at a great price here. He told me a site and said he will be the one to do the process.

To cut it short, I gave him 30k for 8 shoes, this guy say them don lockdown and hin don send money before them lockdown. I dey wait small time before i go arrest am.

8 pairs of shoes for 30K?

Does that sound realistic to you?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Joefat: 4:18pm On Apr 23, 2020
I like to gamble once in a while whenever I have extra money on me. There is this guy in my Facebook friends who do tell me about fixed game.. So one day like that, when I got paid and first that came to my mind was.. Maybe I should try this guy. Na so I msg the guy and asked about his fixed game. He said 13k. I asked him to swear if it wasn't a scam. And he swear on his mom. So I sent him the 13k. After a while when the game is about to began. He sent me booking of two Brazilian teams with 2 -2 correct score. And I played it. Some minutes in first half this guy send me another booking that the first one was wrong. I cashout the previous game and added money with it and play the one he sent to me.. At the end of the game day. When I check the game. It was all 1-0 // 0-1 final score.. Immediately I went straight to my FB and I find this guy no more..

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Jullima(f): 4:18pm On Apr 23, 2020
This will be a very long thread o. I wouldn’t be surprised if 1 in 3 Nigerians have been scammed in their lifetime.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by izzimus: 4:19pm On Apr 23, 2020
Yes, by this nairalander that claimed he was into importation and needed us to invest in his business and he would import some building fixtures with our joint investment money and then share our profit to us after selling and making profits

Only for the anumpama to collect our money and start telling stories of how he was robbed and all the fixtures stolen. We threatened him with police then the story changed and he started claiming he used the money to do betting instead.

He was a popular comedian in Abuja. I still have plans to arrest him if I ever catch him for now I will spoil his name everywhere I possibly can until he returns my money.

MC funnynation, real name Moses Ugwu, better hope covid 19 kills your miserable soul because if I know where you dey you go sleep for prison for at least a year. Animal

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by dennisworld1(m): 4:19pm On Apr 23, 2020
Yes by fake house agent
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Lawalemi(m): 4:19pm On Apr 23, 2020
I was. I had a younger brother going for youth service in sokoto state from Lagos. I needed to locate a park where he could board bus in Lagos. Pronto I switched to Google and I stumbled on a phone number for Young Shall Grow transport company. They have no website!
I stayed at outskirt of Lagos but this individual promised on phone to pick my younger brother at Berger on the travel day enroute Sokoto if only I could pay into his bank account. Somehow, he gave me a personal account number which I queried but I eventually succumbed following my dire need to conclude the arrangement.
Till tomorrow, I've not been able to get my money back.
I was quick to make alternative arrangement for the boy seeing how things were going.
I wrote to Ecobank stating the account that I paid into but they requested that I brought police to follow through.
I gave up on it eventually. It was 10,000 naira.
Trying to remember the name of that account owner

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by unikprince(m): 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2020
2019 Ocrober, my younger sister that have been job hunting in Lagos happily called me that she has gotten a job with a forex trading company called PENNUEL MANAGEMENT LTD as one of their marketers. Being a big bro that would want to support my sister to make high commission for her first month at work, I invested #500k hoping to get #625k by November and also make her get some good commission. Two weeks later she called me and started crying that their ogas have all ran away with people's money.

I find tears to cry I no see embarassed embarassed embarassed. Na so my hard earned five hundred thousand naira use enter water.

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by arthorjnr(m): 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2020
Righteousness89:
Years ago, I was scammed by one fake guy that claimed to sell data here on Nairaland.....

Sent him money and the guy Blocked me...

It was funny tho!

Another one I Experienced was a kind a Karma..

While in my University days, I had a friend who loved one lady. Back then I was known as Chics Man and It was through me he could meet the girl. I ate my friends in the Name of the lady.

My friend later got to known and other guys laughed at him..

After university, A lady did Exactly the same thing to me..

I wanted to flare up but I remembered wat I did to my Friend back in school..

I knew karma had hit me.. I kuku carry my cross and zombies on..

Today Having JESUS CHRIST has Totally Turned my life Around..

I Look back at those days and I say Thank you LORD for the What I am Today..

Fell victim of the data scam this afternoon, I even tipped the guy.
I was more angry at myself for being broke and looking for cheap data.

Hustle o.

26 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by iamademola(m): 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2020
Biqlaaa:
I went to computer village to buy laptop powebank and the stuff is not working again. I hope to return it after lockdown

That one is not scam now. So far u bought it from a shop and u have a receipt. Package it well . Las las u will add small change to take another one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by lakezone67(m): 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2020
God save one OP like that
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Bayokun(m): 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Biqlaaa(f): 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2020
iamademola:

That one is not scam now. So far u bought it from a shop and u have a receipt. Package it well . Las las u will add small change to take another one
Reciept don lost
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by GeneralPula: 4:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
Zombiekiller010:
Yes by investing in Bitcoin, that thing will just be rising and dropping ,hereby making your eyes red anytime you check rate

Lol..

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Lawalemi(m): 4:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
MMM
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! by Roon9(m): 4:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
darhray:
Mine

There was a guy selling goods online, he advised me on how lucrative the business was and told me I will be ordering shoes from China and resell at a great price here. He told me a site and said he will be the one to do the process.

To cut it short, I gave him 30k for 8 shoes, this guy say them don lockdown and hin don send money before them lockdown. I dey wait small time before i go arrest am.

Lmao grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Lady Who Was Stripped Unclad And Tortured Over Missing Phone,Narrates Her Ordeal / Police Van Drives Past A Hit & Run Accident Victim In Lagos, Tuface Defended / Lockdown: Police Seize Bike Of Man Who Went To Buy Fufu (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.