Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,355 members, 7,808,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! (6911 Views)

PDP Sweeps Akwa Ibom Re-run Election / Party Agent Attacked At Benue-South Re-Run Election - PICS / Imo Governorship Re-run Election: Okorocha In Early Lead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by Stmichael1: 2:06pm On Jan 07, 2011
I wish y'all were in delta state to see d joy in d hearts of deltans wen d election of uduaghan was annuled, Dats enough reason JEGA and C0. Shudnt take d risk of declaring the wrong persn winner, As at 2:02pm in asaba,the results is nt yet out, Tension is high in delta state rit nw, It wil get worse if d pples choice is nt declared wina, (OGBORU), For nairaland news its stmichael1 reporting,
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by ovo4u(m): 2:08pm On Jan 07, 2011
JOKYTECH:

Thank u ma brother, if the reverse was the case, u for don dey hear " good radiance to bad rubbish", "progress to democracy and the rule of law" and other story story, but since their ultimate wish did not come to pass, it now becomes "bad radiance to bad bad rubbish" and " this is failure to democracy and the rule of law" grin grin grin smiley

^^^^^^

Will you keep your mouth shut? have you being to Delta state or are you from Delta State? Let me tell you, there is no way in a free and fair Election, that Uduaghan will ever win not even Ibiro and that they knew that themselves and that why they rigged the 2003,2007 election, i hate to read comment like yours because you guys are like people who don't want a change this sick Country, I'm so pissed off at your silent comment and if you don't mind go lic.k Uduaghan ass.hole
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:09pm On Jan 07, 2011
ovo4u:

Let us honest here with ourselves, do anyone believed that those result there are true? i said it before, there is no way in a free and fair election anyone can ever win Great Ogboru at this time in Delta State, not even Ibiro himself, they should not think we are blind and in as much as i am disappointed in my President Goodluck,INEC Chairman Jega and PDP  Riggers, i am beginning to lose total hope and developing much hatred for my believed Nigeria, How can we be denied of our right so many time with their silly way of conducting election? and the man Jega is saying, he knows that this is not a perfect election,but we have learn our mistake, how can you be learning mistake in order for a rich state like Delta to be use and run by moros for another 8yrs? If they declare PDP the winner of this election, no body, i mean no body should ever believed that man call Jega or Goodluck again.
Abeg go and sidon there jor, all my friends working in Shell and NNPC stayed at home they did not go out to vote. back your claims with facts or forever SHUT UP!
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by JUO(m): 2:21pm On Jan 07, 2011
report reaching me now says there is fighting IN abraka and some part of isoko, so those of u traveling FROM WARRI to asaba through that road shall pass benin or wait until the fighting is over
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by vokarugbo(m): 2:23pm On Jan 07, 2011
DELTANS? What do you guys expect? PDP is a desperate party, hence they will do everything to win. forget about CHANNELS or NTA reports, its very easy to manipulate results and change figures. Dont expect anything different in the Presidential election and besides GOODLUCK JONATHAN needs Delta State's contribution to his campaign badly so he will keep sealed lips.
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by honeric01(m): 2:25pm On Jan 07, 2011
sonety2k:

Just  saw  these  online  also  

Delta re-run: Isoko South Local Government Area: Number of registered Voters= 11,8329.

DPP polled 5,235 votes
                        PDP polled 9,567.  Votes                       [size=14pt]Total Valid Votes= 13,829[/size]

Please furnish us with the source

Based on the info without source, we are sure to know that out of the 11,8329 that registered, it's likely that 5-20% must have been absent, dead, relocated, ill, too busy, never voted leaving us with less than 8,000-9,000 that voted. Now where did the rest voters resurface from? how can it be 13,829 valid votes when the number of people that registered was 11,8329?
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by JUO(m): 2:26pm On Jan 07, 2011
we have some pic don't forget
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by ovo4u(m): 2:26pm On Jan 07, 2011
Chrisbenogor:

Abeg go and sidon there jor, all my friends working in Shell and NNPC stayed at home they did not go out to vote. back your claims with facts or forever SHUT UP!

^^^^^^

You know what? i don't care who you are or your friends and where they work, but i got the middle finger for you and them all, Zap you and your friends who didn't vote and next time you ask me to shut up,then i would like to spit on your ugly face, This are the people who don't want this Nation to grow, men travel and see the damage they have done to that sick coutnry.
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by samstels: 2:37pm On Jan 07, 2011
I have read all your views.The truth of the matter is that the elections were rigged.If it had being free and fair(which is not possible in nigeria) uduaghan cannot win an election in delta state.He is so unpopular due to the ibori stigma and his way of administration .He actually did not do much in delta state during his first tenure.Yes people must have stayed back due to life threatening issues at the polling centres but that does not mean that only PDP memebrs or uduaghan supporters went out to vote .or are they not also afraid to die.

PDP rigged the election because they are  quite desperate.I dont rule out the hand of the presidency in this matter.GEJ would not be comfortble loosing DELTA state,he might not like the candidature of uduaghan but he had no choice than to support him.But he failed to understand that even if Ogboru wins at the re-run ,niger delta would  still support him at the presidential ,though he does not want to take chances.

When Maurice was the INEC chairman,people were calling for his head ,now JEGA seems to be worse than maurice.This simply proves a fact stated by maurice then that its very difficult have a free and fair election in nigeria with the kind of politicians we have in the country ,where a serving senator will lead a gang physically to hijack ballot boxes and attack innocent corpers,just to rig an election .

Lets just pray that one day  all these would be put to a stop .if uduaghan has concience let him change from his old ways and deliver dividends of democracy to deltans.Let him learn from states like rivers and Edo.I guess he would even be surpised he won.

To Great Ogboru  and supporters i say ,You are the man ,you have fought a great battle but the system is so corrupt and riotten that i wonder if its only God that can condcut a free and fair election in nigeria.
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by PapaBrowne(m): 2:37pm On Jan 07, 2011
^^^
Mr Ovo, have you not noticed already that of the hundreds if not thousands of Deltans on Nairaland, no single one has come out to say he voted. They all stayed at home. Most people in the cities stayed at home and enjoyed their holidays. The ruralites on the other hand came out and voted for the PDP massively. That is the results we are seeing. I know so many people in Warri who were shouting up, up Ogboru on Wednesday, but yesterday they were at home watching TV and chopping chicken!!
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by sochan: 2:38pm On Jan 07, 2011
@ovo4u,

I beg no mind some people whey no come from Delta state, but feel fit to comment on our issues. Please all these people, who really arent friends of Delta state, they didnt vote, thier friends didnt vote, yet the feel qualified to comment on the election.
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by ovo4u(m): 2:45pm On Jan 07, 2011
sochan:

@ovo4u,

I beg no mind some people whey no come from Delta state, but feel fit to comment on our issues. Please all these people, who really arent friends of Delta state, they didnt vote, thier friends didnt vote, yet the feel qualified to comment on the election.

^^^^^^

Thank you jari, some people just keep avoiding the truth just because of their silly self interest.
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by JUO(m): 2:52pm On Jan 07, 2011
Mr Ovo, have you not noticed already that of the hundreds if not thousands of Deltans on Nairaland, no single one has come out to say he voted. They all stayed at home. Most people in the cities stayed at home and enjoyed their holidays. The ruralites on the other hand came out and voted for the PDP massively. That is the results we are seeing. I know so many people in Warri who were shouting up, up Ogboru on Wednesday, but yesterday they were at home watching TV and chopping chicken!!
SHARAP THERE THUG LIKE U
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by semid4lyfe(m): 2:57pm On Jan 07, 2011
Honeric, are you this dumb or you're growing senile grin

honeric01:
Is it the rural dwellers that do not even know how to register to vote that suddenly knew how to register,

I said I registered people in a riverine community during the 2006 voters registration exercise and I was consistently registering more peeps than my corper colleagues who were working on the Hinterland and other places on land. Is this difficult to believe?

Most of these riverine folks were ferrying themselves in canoes (3-5 people in one) and coming to were I was set up to register. How difficult is it to register them sef. First Name, Surname, Sex, Age, Occupation bla bla and then you snap their faces with the camera attached to your laptop and print their voters card for them. Finally, you record their data in the Manual and they thumbprint besides their names. Na wetin dem nor fit do be that or wetin? Now why would these people not come out and vote?

By the way, it was one corper, one indigene so language was not a barrier. That your logic of dem nor sabi book, so dem nor sabi register and vote nor follow, oga mi sir

honeric01:
ANPP is no guy, she's a woman candidate, shows that you didn't watch the debate, she was not even the one that performed best, it was the man standing at the far corner (1st line), seems to be a labor man before with the way Uduaghan was addressing the man's points.

Jeez! Don't you know ''guy'' is a unisex word and can be used to refer to both males and females? undecided You be olodo I swear grin

I saw the debate when I was flipping thru'' stations, watched like five minutes of it and I moved on. Can't watch a boring debate in which there were audio problems and na cardboard dem take write the parties of the candidates grin grin

Every one knew the fight was between Great Ogboru and Emmnanuel Uduaghan so the outcome of a debate would have little or no positive effect for the other candidates and make them winners. Besides Great Ogboru was not at the debate. . . NO?

Going by your argument, na the labour candidate suppose win cos he performed best at the debate right? Kai! grin grin

I see you still have reading and comprehension problems. I refuse to address the rest of your meaningless rant which have little or no bearing on my post. . .  .enjoy your day
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by ovo4u(m): 2:58pm On Jan 07, 2011
PapaBrowne:

^^^

But i don't think that it only Uduaghan supporter's that have the zeal then to go out to vote and not afriad.I just can't believe it that Uduaghan can win Ogboru that is a pure lie by INEC and if you listen to most of the comment from the PDP Riggers,they said the election was peaceful and that the people vote and there were no Ballot box snatched,and you and i know that is wrong. Honestly i am losing total interest in my Country because this people promise to give us a free and fair election in 2011 and just for one state election, INEC could not handle it,,what a shame, don't you guys see what will be in the general election already from this one that we are seeing now?

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by anonimi: 2:58pm On Jan 07, 2011
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM (and/or email) and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by maballack(m): 3:01pm On Jan 07, 2011
Quoting OBJ "[s]even if jesus where to be the umpire, election in nigeria can not be a free and fair game[/s]",
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by haboosa(m): 3:05pm On Jan 07, 2011
I think we need the open ballot system that was use in 1993 election, SDP & NRC , this will liberate us from GHOST VOTERS grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by abdulkawu: 3:08pm On Jan 07, 2011
Late results show DPP now having 10 LGAs, while PDP have 12.

Remaining 3 LGAs

The battle line has been drawn
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by ELEOVIE(m): 3:15pm On Jan 07, 2011
I AM A DELTAN AND I VOTED FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE.
THE RESULTS HAVE AGAIN HAVE SET US 100YRS BEHIND THE WESTERN STATES OF NIGERIA.
BEFORE THEY MADE US BELIEVE THAT IT'S ONE MAN; ONE VOTE. NOW WE CLEARLY SEE THAT IT IS NO MAN; ONE VOTE.

WHEN PEOPLE RESIST CHANGE BY PEACEFUL MEANS; THEN ,

I AM FOR BUHARI OR RIBADU.

TO HELL WITH GEJ/JEGA
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by Donmeca(m): 3:17pm On Jan 07, 2011
this was y I faulted d truncation of Uduaghan' govt after almost a full tenure. I had said then that it was done only to elongate d man's rulership in delta state. . . now, it's happening. He shud av bn allowed to complete his tenure and contest for 2nd tenure with Ogboru after the fresh voter registration. They just gave him 4 years on a platter. . . soooo sad!

Rigging or no rigging, we shud know dat people vote, not for the man but for d party they know. In the whole of Nigeria, PDP has d highest grassroot structures. their umbrella may be full of crooks but they all know how to motivate the youth leaders, who in turn mobilise the masses. the umbrella is very popular and Nigerians sell to d highest bidder, especially when u are a hungry Nigerian.
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by sochan: 3:22pm On Jan 07, 2011
What a country. Truly we will never see true democracy, for the people by the people.
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by Ericology(m): 3:26pm On Jan 07, 2011
Stmichael1:

I wish y'all were in delta state to see d joy in d hearts of deltans wen d election of uduaghan was annuled,  Dats enough reason JEGA and C0. Shudnt take d risk of declaring the wrong persn winner,  As at 2:02pm in asaba,the results is nt yet out,  Tension is high in delta state rit nw,  It wil get worse if d pples choice is nt declared wina, (OGBORU),  For nairaland news its stmichael1 reporting,

U guys just sit behind the PC and type whatever comes up your mind, Naija politics is a bit complicated and its mostly ethno-tribocentric(i know the word does nt exist lol)  Uduaghan stands a chance to be re-elected for the following reasons  1, The delta north(Igbos) who form a very large majority after the Urhobos depending of whos counting believes their only hope of tasting the governorship of the state is by letting Uduaghan(Itsekiri) man finish off his last 4yr term and hand over to their son as agreed in 2015 so having their son there in 2015 is better for them than having a good candidate, dats Naija democracy
2   Many non Urhobo deltans wld want to get out of the Urhobo domination of Delta state, Ibru, Ibori, Ogboru are all Urhobos and Uduaghan remains the only elected non Urhobo gov in delta although he got some Urhobo blood in him, Giving it to Ogboru means another 8 yrs of an Urhobo man,

With the Delta north votes overwhelmingly going to Uduaghan,, the Itsekiri votes, the other minorities and a large percentage of loyal Urhobo votes, Uduaghan can win, Thats Naija politics for you. In most cases its not about who will perform better but where he comes from, I rest my case
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by semid4lyfe(m): 3:36pm On Jan 07, 2011
PDP has won the 23rd LGA announced.

So it's PDP 13 Local government Areas and DPP 10. PDP has more or less won this election jare grin

Up Uduaghan!
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by scopusng(m): 3:37pm On Jan 07, 2011
Who cares. Will he still be ruling in 50 years time. Fools
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by honeric01(m): 3:45pm On Jan 07, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Honeric, are you this dumb or you're growing senile grin

I said I registered people in a riverine community during the 2006 voters registration exercise and I was consistently registering more peeps than my corper colleagues who were working on the Hinterland and other places on land. Is this difficult to believe?

Most of these riverine folks were ferrying themselves in canoes (3-5 people in one) and coming to were I was set up to register. How difficult is it to register them sef. First Name, Surname, Sex, Age, Occupation bla bla and then you snap their faces with the camera attached to your laptop and print their voters card for them. Finally, you record their data in the Manual and they thumbprint besides their names. Na wetin dem nor fit do be that or wetin? Now why would these people not come out and vote?

By the way, it was one corper, one indigene so language was not a barrier. That your logic of dem nor sabi book, so dem nor sabi register and vote nor follow, oga mi sir

Jeez! Don't you know ''guy'' is a unisex word and can be used to refer to both males and females? grin

I saw the debate when I was flipping thru'' stations, watched like five minutes of it and I moved on. Can't watch a boring debate in which there were audio problems and na cardboard dem take write the parties of the candidates grin grin

Every one knew the fight was between Great Ogboru and Emmnanuel Uduaghan so the outcome of a debate would have little or no positive effect for the other candidates and make them winners. Besides Great Ogboru was not at the debate. . . NO?

Going by your argument, na the labour candidate suppose win cos he performed best at the debate right? Kai! grin grin

I see you still have reading and comprehension problems. I refuse to address the rest of your meaningless rant which have little or no bearing on my post. . .  .enjoy your day

I don't and won't toll your line, i mean i don't have to insult you to put my points across, but if you aren't ready to converse like someone with respect for your fellow, then we've got nothing else to chat bout. (too early in the year for this)

Yes Ogboru was not at the debate, never said the person that "won" the debate should have won the election, all i was saying's that even with the fact that Uduaghan has been an illegal governor for years now, he still wasn't able to debate accurately with facts about delta, the problems and solutions (imagine saying those sick in the villages should come to the general hospital in the city for treatment shocked shocked). it was the rest candidates that were debating with realities on check.

Guy for a woman old enough to give birth to you? so you call your mom or any responsible woman adult guy too abi? you can't twist any word when conversing with me, pick someone else, you thought the ANPP candidate was a guy and not a woman (EOD).

Will you stop using that useless "selection" that never took place in 2007 as a yardstick? who actually voted in 2007? Who told you REAL people voted in 2007? if people actually voted, how come the election was annulled? with all the camera, snapping, fingerprinting, what happened at the end of the day? most of these places never had any election, yet PDP claimed they voted,

Some of these people think registering to vote equals free money from PDP, rather all PDP wanted was people to register, but not vote, so they can actually used those who didn't vote to fumigate results.
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by JUO(m): 3:45pm On Jan 07, 2011
there is time for everything
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by alkanes1(m): 3:58pm On Jan 07, 2011
Oh no! not again so my oil rich state will be under this set of guys for another 4 years.Where is tompolo
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 07, 2011
The lesson in my opinion is that opposition parties should learn from PDP. PDP understands one very strong principle in elections. It is Rural folk that vote. Urbanites just make a lot of noise before elections and for fear of violence stay at home on election day. Rural folk don't read papers so they don't care for all the bad news about PDP. What interests them is the man who comes around to their village just before elections and doles out cash and items.
Just to put things in perspective, Bomadi with just 10,000 voter turnout would cost a politician just just 50 million naira to buy out all the votes there at 5,000 per voter. Do so for another 10 LGAs and youy would coast to victory. It is all about money. And Nigerians are still very willing to trade off their votes because they've realised that PDP, AC, DPP, ANPP or whatever goes the acronym, they all consist of the same thieving politicians.

+2
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by JOKYTECH(f): 4:17pm On Jan 07, 2011
@ovo4u
y u dey vex like this na, u b my own brother(oniovo me) oh, no vex again eh, the thing b say Ogboru wan form oga, him own na to disappear and reappear, make una advise am make e sidon watch him state dis time instead of tullaing shocked cool shocked grin
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by favouredjb(f): 4:24pm On Jan 07, 2011
semid4lyfe:

What has Odi got to do with Delta state? and why are peeps under the impression PDP candidates cannot win elections?

Ok, I geddit. . .when another party wins, it's free and fair and when PDP wins, it was rigged

you just spoke my mind!!!

uduaghan will win whether you like it or not
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 07, 2011
Papabrowne is right, was in the campaign team of AC during the FCT elections, we spent so much time campaigning in the urban center and less time in th satelite towns, on election day all the city people stayed in doors, INEC officials in Asokoro were ssleeping but go to nyanya and see voters, PDP beat us to a pulp because of votes from Nyanya, karu, kubuwa, dutse, gwagwa and karimo. City pple have too much at stake, they will be sitting and psoting comments on facebook andnairaland on how d elections are already rigged, violence etc, the man in nyanya who has collected N500 from PDP will deligently go out and vote. the Only time urban folks in my area came to vote was in 2007, and ANPP won all the seats in FCT even though the elections were upturned, in my area, we stayed till 7 pm and counted the votes infact 3 people went and brought thier cars put the headlights on so the votes could be counted. when people participate, the probabilty of rigging is less

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jtf Destroys 6,000 Illegal Refineries In N’delta / Alleged Fraud: I Was Not Invited By EFCC- Ex Women Affairs Minister, Tallen / Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.